Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

2 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 8 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 16, 2022 8:59 pm

(Just gonna speed things along to get things over with unless something in mind, if so I'll edit)

Devin went to sleep after finishing packing up, and around the next morning got a text back to Ava that he got his message, and if Mathilda didn't want to do the case, she'd take care of it. So with that taken care of he went to the airport to catch his flight. It was going to be a long trip.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 8 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Namey Mon May 16, 2022 11:20 pm

Mathilda wasn't answering her text messages and Han hadn't been seen since the day before. Kyoko was starting to get a little concerned, but only a little. She knew Han had connections and Mathilda could More then take care of herself.

Elizabeth had stayed up so that she could see Devin off. She gives him a quick kiss "Have a safe flight. Let me know when you land." she says "Give my best to Aki."
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 16, 2022 11:45 pm

"I will, see you later." And with everything else taken care of, Devin had headed to the airport. While it was odd Mathilda hadn't answered yet and Han had vanished, they could take care of themselves so he wasn't as concerned about it.

It was just a matter of waiting for his flight, which didn't take too long with the timing.

(Devin is out I guess)
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 17, 2022 8:12 am

LOCATION UNKNOWN

Four hooded figures were gathered around a table. The room was shrouded in darkness, all but that one table. It has an overhead light shining on it from somewhere beyond the shadows.

"I have excellent new..." the First starts "The Detective is out of the way. He left for Japan this morning." he says.

"Then we can for sure move along with our plan?" the Second asks.

The First nods "Most of our plans are already in action. The Umbra Witch and Necromorph are already 'preoccupied'. As is the Zoanthrope." he says.

"Which leaves the Shinobi. But we have a plan for her as well, right?" asks the Third.

The First nods "Indeed we do." he says "We've contacted her former village and left a tip where she could be found. They have since dispatched someone to investigate our claims." he explains.

"We may have a problem with the Were Wolf..." the Fourth states "It seems he's smarter then we originally thought and had caught wind of something not right. We May need to take more direct action with him and soon..." she says.

The First frowns "Well, if it comes to that, then it comes to that. Keep me informed about what's going on with him. In the mean time, let's get our operatives in place. We move tonight."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 21, 2022 11:21 am

Ava came into the office a bit after, it was just her and Kyoko at the moment. "Morning, guess its just us for now huh? It's kinda strange that.." Then she shook her head of whatever she was going to say. "Never mind. It's just my parnoia as a former cop coming through."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 21, 2022 11:27 am

Kyoko shakes her head "No, no. I agree." she says "It seems like there are hidden forces at work that are targeting our office and it's people, keeping them preoccupied for unknown reasons." she says, the shinobi in her Screaming that this was all a giant trap custom built for all of them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 21, 2022 11:41 am

"The problem is, if there is a group targeting us we have no way to draw them out or their motives." Ava was trying to think. "And since its just us, we'll likely be next if so. I think we can possibly cross out a group trying to kill us, because besides poor Oka, they haven't attacked anyone. That and the fact since about everyone is seperate it make them easier targets."

"My guess is our group is in the way of some goal." Ava explained. "Of what I don't know. It's frusterating because if this is all true, we have nothing what so ever to work with and just are sitting ducks."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 21, 2022 12:02 pm

Kyoko nods "Which means if the law of avarage is anything to go on, something soon will pop up to take one of us away." she points out.

And sure enough, the front door opens and a Young Woman comes walking in. She looks almost exactly like Kyoko, except for a little younger "N-nee san..?" the young woman stammers when she sees Kyoko.

Kyoko frowns a little "Ayane... what are you doing here?" she asks as she stands, her hand slowly, cautiously, going to her kuni pouch on her leg "How did you even know I was here?"

The girl named Ayane holds her hands up slightly, to indicate she wasn't a threat "The village got an anonymous tip telling them that you were, in fact, alive and were hiding out here..." she starts "The village sent a team to 'deal' with you, but I headed out sooner so I could find you and warn you first..." she finishes "But, I see that wasn't necessary... because, you didn't survive our last encounter with, with Shino..." she mumbles.

Kyoko grumbles something under her breath "Ava, I'm sorry, but I have to go." she says as she gathers a few things she had hidden in the office "If my village sent any Anbu after me, it's best that I'm not here when they arrive. I suggest you not be here either." she cautions as she suddenly disappears in a POFF!! of smoke.

Ayane spins around and rushes out of the building "Sister!! Wait for me!!" she calls out as she chases after something that only see had seen.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 21, 2022 12:10 pm

Ava sighed. "And then there was one.." She heeded her friends advice and left for the time being. It led her no closer to finding out what was going on and she was still in the dark as she ever was for now. If she at least knew who the enemy was, she could maybe least have a start.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 21, 2022 12:54 pm

As Ava was heading out, there were some men following her. They looked like plain clothes cops, but one of them was holding the more streamlined scanning device, which meant they were scanner cops and they were investigating Her and it looked like they were setting up to detain her, seeing as how there were more of them and apparently they seemed to be readying for a fight, which means someone Told them what she Appeared to be and that she was dangerous.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Seriously? Not even five seconds?

Ava was a bit annoyed but it did confirm something else was going on since this was too on the nose. It seemed to be scanner cops, if they were indeed the case. She didn't want a fight if it could helped. "Can I help you you gentlemen with something?" She asked, getting to the point as well as when there was other people around.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 22, 2022 3:23 pm

One of the cops holds up a device and nods to his partner "Miss, we got a report of an unregistered Zoanthrope in this area and were given your description..." he starts "But we find out that you're not a Zoanthrope at all... we don't know what you are... so we're gonna have to ask you to come with us to our station..." he says as he pulls out his handcuffs.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 23, 2022 9:42 am

Ava frowned. She knew fighting things would make things worse and while she was sure it could be sorted out, the issue was it would give time to their enemies. They obviously wanted to do something without them inteferring but there wasn't a thing she could do about it right now. "I'll come along."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 23, 2022 11:17 am

Soon after, the police take Ava down to the station to hold her for processing. She was sitting in a interrogation room for about an hour before a detective comes in with a file that's surprisingly thin, and sits down across from Ava.

He was looking through the file, which wasn't too much. A few pieces of paper in it. He closes the file and scoots it towards Ava "This is all we really can find on you, miss Everheart. A rental contract and a few other receipts and That's it. No date of birth that we can confirm, no social security number. No birth certificate of any kind really. So who exactly are you, miss Everheart and how did you get on this planet? Are you from Noreal, Elysium, or Hyrule?" he asks.

The door suddenly opens and a Young Woman with green hair comes walking in, with some files of her own "Miss Everheart? Don't answer anymore questions." she orders.

The detective looks very annoyed "Excuse me, but this is a Police interrogation you've just interrupted!" he says as he stands, trying to intimate the young woman with his size "Now get the hell out of here before I have you arrested for obstruction." he demands.

The green haired woman turns to the detective, not at All intimidated in the slightest "My name is Hannah Grasshopper and I represent Ava Everheart as her attorney on behalf of Paragon Corp and Cedrick Darkside..." she says as she flashes her attorney badge "Now, seeing as how my client had been merely Detained and Not arrested, she doesn't have to answer Any of your questions and I would also appreciate it if you took these cuffs off. She's Not a common criminal. She's a respected detective who is accredited with the capture of a very dangerous serial killer." Hannah points out.

The detective lools over the papers that Hannah had provided amd mumbles curses under his breath before uncuffing Ava. Hannah nods "Good. Now kindly give me and my client some privacy so we may discuss the current situation you've dragged her into." she orders. The detective growls something before leaving.

Hannah looks over to Ava "Well, this Is Quite the situation you've found yourself in, isn't it?" she asks as she sits in one of the chairs, which groans under her weight.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 23, 2022 11:30 am

Ava didn't really get a chance to answer anything before a young woman she wasn't familar with came in. What was odd was the timing; if everyone was occupied then there shouldn't be anyone that knows of her situation.

"Its usually the other way around in my old profession."
Ava sighed a bit. "Anyway, thank you but how did you or Cedrick even know I was being detained? All my other co-workers have seemingly purposesly been distracted by something."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 23, 2022 11:41 am

Hannah shrugs "We got a call from one of the officers. He mentioned that he worked closely with one of your members..." she flips open a note book "A mister Daniel Light? He said he usually informs mister Light of cases of interest when they run dry at your detective agency." she explains.

Hannah sighs "Miss Everheart, you have a problem here." she says "If you were just am unregistered Zoanthrope we could get this taken care of swiftly and easily. But being an extraterrestrial from a planet light years away who had come to Earth by less than legal means, by Earth standards, doesn't look good for you, given how harshly most Earthlings view extraterrestrials nowadays." she says "But not to worry, I'm working on getting this whole mess situated as quickly as I can. even if it's by less than legal means... she munbles that last bit under her breath.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 23, 2022 12:07 pm

Ava nodded slowly. "I know, but what's done is done on that front." She hadn't exactly came here by choice originally, considering it was a result in a crash many years ago, but earth had grown on her despite its issues. "There is another problem. Someone or a group of someone is purposely keeping our group occupied but I can't seem to get into contact with any of them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 23, 2022 12:16 pm

Hannah shakes her head "That's not my immediate concern." she says "No, my immediate concern is getting you Out of this mess... and I Think I have an idea on how..." she says as she gets up and heads to the door "This Might take an hour or so. Hold tight. I'll have them get you something to eat." she says as she heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 23, 2022 12:53 pm

Ava watched them leave and sort of turned to her own thoughts, having nothing else to do at the moment but wait.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 25, 2022 11:04 am

One of the officers came in with some Big Belly Burger for Ava after fifteen minuets and an hour later, the detective comes in "Well, miss Everheart, my Captain has told me that everything I had said from before I no longer believe." he says as he moves aside "Go with your attorney to fill out a register forum and remember to follow the rules." he says as me heads away.

Hannah was standing there, a smug, satisfied grin on her face "It seems mister Detective has had a change of heart and is Now convinced that you're an unregistered Zoanthrope." she says as she motions for Ava to follow her "Let's get you settled so you can get out if here." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 25, 2022 11:20 am

Ava didn't like the idea of lying about what she was, but she had been pretending to be something she wasn't for a bit now so what was a bit more? Though she did wonder what exactly happened to change their mind."Thank you. I owe you and miss Darkside for this."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 25, 2022 11:55 am

Hanna nods after the two of them get Ava registered as a Zoanthrope and head out of the Precinct, going out the back "Okay, so keep using your image induser to hide your Acorian form and Only deactivate it when you want to 'Transform'. The scanner cops will be looking for you now, but not to worry. I hacked their database and made it so your 'unknown' Acorian energy will look like Zoanthrope energy. Just keep doing what you're doing and you Should be fine." she says.

She looks around to make sure no one was around. She body suddenly starts to click, slide out of place (to reveal mechanical parts under) and change into more metal parts, which start to transform into vehicle parts that start to slide and click into place, forming a rather old fashion Motorcycle and a hologram of a rider appears after she was finished with her transformation "Remember, miss Everheart, you have powerful allies out there." she says before she speeds off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 25, 2022 12:10 pm

Ava was thinking for a long moment, that was until she got a buzz from Devin about Danny which made her extremely worried. She really hoped he was ok and though he could take care of himself it was still unknown territory.

I don't normally like to do this but..

She decided to head to the Hunter HQ, since it seemed people targeted were in their circle or former one she'd feel better if Tracy, along with Elizabeth were looked after at least for a bit until they could figure out what was going on. It did help this branch Was where Devin used to work as well.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 25, 2022 1:26 pm

As it turned out, the New York Hunter base wasn't Just the place where Devin use to work, it's where Dysis Currently works as well.

When Ava shows up to the New York branch of the Hunters there were only two people there. Some bookworm and Director Anthony Sharp. He was sitting in the break room, looking over some files. He didn't seem to notice Ava.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 25, 2022 1:34 pm

It was pretty quite around this time, though she heard the Tokyo branch was a lot more active. Kind of odd in the sense New York had a very healthy population but that wasn't important right now. "Mr. Sharp? Do you have a moment? Something serious is going down."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum