Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

2 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 3 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Namey Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:43 pm

When Devin got to work, Han and Kyoko were there, as usual. Chelsea had come in early as well and was sorting through the old files, the cold cases, the active cases, and the solved cases.

When Devin comes in, Chelsea gets up "Good morning, Boss. Here's some slightly warm coffee for you." she says as she hands him some coffee that he always brings in.

Kyoko also gets up "We have a couple of cases that came in throughout the night..." she says as she hands him a piece of paper "The big one was some Lord in Europe needed our particular skills to help him with a very critical, time sensitive case. Danny took that, of course..." she says, referring to the text he got last night.

"The other is a case of missing antique weapons..." Han says, picking up where Kyoko left off "Now, the police Have been informed of these missing weapons, so whomever takes the case will have to coordinate with them as well as search on their own." he explains.

"And finally..." Kyoko picks up back up "We've been asked to look into a case of a miss placed family fortune, in which the client will gladly pay us a quarter of it's worth, as well as expenses." she says. All three cases had files brought in by the clients, except one was missing and Danny had that one.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 3 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:21 pm

Devin looked over the files a bit and took in what was said and deciding which to start on. "I'm thinking of the last one. What kind of money are we talking about?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 am

Kyoko shrugs "The client said it was in the range of a few hundred million." she says "They really didn't go into Too much detail about the money, just the case."

"And what about the missing antique weapons case?" Han asks "Are we going to give this one a pass?" he asks.

Chelsea looks over to Devin "There's a lot of money in antique weapons, especially if they're in good condition and have a decent history behind them." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:23 am

"No reason we can't do both?"
It was Ava coming from seemingly nowhere but really she just came from the back.

"Maybe.." Devin thinks for a moment. "Though far as practical these antique weapons could potentially give us more to work with to start far as finding out."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:42 am

Chelsea shrugs "And who knows? Maybe one of these weapons might be 'Special', if you get my meaning." she says, eluding to one, or more, being supernatural in nature.

Han nods "Okay, so who's taking what case?" he asks.

Akane and Maya come walking in soon after. Akane was sharp eyed and glaring at the boys in the office, as usual and Maya was still sleepy as she let's out a big yawn as she wanders in "Morning..." she says in a sleepy voice.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:15 am

"Morning you two." Ava greeted the two young women as they came into things. "We were just in the middle of deciding what cases to take." Ava didn't have to think too much on it. "I'm going on the family fournute."

Devin thinks for a moment. "I think I'll try on this weapon case." Like he mentioned, they might give them more to work with for the start
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:37 am

Maya yawns again "Well, stay safe out there." she mumbles as she sits on Danny's desk "Where's the puppy? He's usually here this early, or kicking down the door about now." she asks.

Kyoko looks over to the pair of young psychics "He took a rather important case late last night and had to leave right away." she says.

Akane was looking over their case load for the day. Only two cases. One a 'Poltergeist' and the other a classic haunting. Both could probably be explained away "Maya, we have our cases. Let's head out. We can get something to eat along the way." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:43 pm

Devin wasn't too surprised. That part of things was always in demand though the two were old enough to know what pace worked for them far as that was concerned.

"What about the rest of you? What do you want to work on?"
Though they also had to get a idea of what a certain Umbra Witch wanted to do, if any of them.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:34 am

So far, Mathilda hasn't shown up yet and Kyoko shakes her head "I'm more suited to finding missing people, not missing money. I'll pass." she says?

Han shrugs "You know what? I'll take the missing money case." he says "In addition to being a Triad enforcer, I use to handle some of their money as well." he explains.

Chelsea nods "And I'll stay here and keep tue coffee hot." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:30 am

Devin wasn't too concerned, they probably just were doing something or in school he wasn't sure which. "Then we know what we need to do. I'll just have to read up what I have so I can figure out where to start on my end." The police he can take or leave with but he didn't have a issue working with them if need be.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:18 pm

Han picks up the phone and dials the number on the file. He needed to get more information about the case before he can do anything else. He would also need to make a an appointment with the executor of the estate.

While Chelsea makes a fresh cup of coffee, Mathilda comes in, she looks a little tired "Good morning, everyone." she mumbles as she takes a seat at Danny's desk
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:28 am

Han had the same idea as Devin so he went to the side to make his call and get a bit more information so he could start getting to work. He wondered if the weapons had been taken due to value price wise or there was something more special about these items.

Ava greeted the young woman when they came inside. "Morning. You look like you could need a pick me up. Long night?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:05 am

It was a small collection of front loaded, black powder, flintlock rifles from the Civil War and while there were other weapons there, like pistols and canons, only the rifles were stolen. The owner of the collection gave Devin the details. The collection of rifles wasn't really worth much in terms of street value, so there had to be something more to it.

Mathilda looks over to Ava "A little. I needed to fill my weekly quota of Angels, or my soul would get dragged to Hell for the amusement of a particularly troublesome demon..." she says with a sigh.

Han gets up, after he hangs up the phone "Okay, I'm off. I have some meetings I need to get to and some money to find." he says as he heads out.

Mathilda looks around a bit "Money, what? Is it a case?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:33 am

Devin thought the information was a bit useful, it gave him at least some ideas for now. He decided to address Mathilda question. "We have two cases at the moment if you're interested. The first case is looking for some antique weapons; some don't have much money value so we think they're supernatural which I'm working on. The second is finding a family fortune."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:37 am

Mathilda shakes her head "I believe I shall sit this one out." she mumbles "Maybe wait for another case to come walking in." she says.

Kyoko nods "I'm gonna sit tight and wait as well. It doesn't help if all of us are out on cases and someone comes in." she points out.

"Well then, I guess it's a good thing there's a stunningly beautiful secretary here to take those cases down, huh?" she states in a huff.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:19 pm

"I guess I'm heading out then after I'm done drinking. If anything comes up you know the drill. You heading out Ava?" Devin asked the young woman. While he did this he did sent a message to Cedrick to ask if Veeden and Zoanthrope DNA could mingle if she'd be willing to do some test when she had time. For a certain cute couple that is, he already knew the answer with him and Elizabeth unfortunately.

In response, Ava shrugged. "I might as well. Just not at this Very moment. There isn't a need to rush it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:49 pm

Much to Devin's disappointment, his message will go largely unanswered, as Cedrick was a Very busy woman and it didn't look as if she was going to have any free time in the future.

Chelsea was a bit upset that no one acknowledged how good a secretary she was and she heads into the store room, slamming the door, as she goes about what she was doing before.

About an hour after almost everyone had left a Young Woman comes in, wearing a heavy full length coat "Is Devin Lavouche here?" she asks as she takes her coat off, having moved out of tye direct sunlight.

Last edited by namey on Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:48 pm

Ava had decided to hang back a bit just in case she was needed and not leave Kyoko alone by herself. She greeted the young woman. "He's out currently on a case, is it something we can help with or do you need to directly talk to them?"

Maybe over thinking it, but maybe the same race as Elizabeth if avoiding sunlight, or another race that has the same issue.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:02 pm

The woman pauses as she was taking off her coat, then starts putting it back "That's fine. I will come back later." she says as she heads out.

Kyoko raises a brow "What was that all about?" she asks "Do you think she is one if Elizabeth's people?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:20 pm

"Maybe. She did seem to be avoiding sunlight.." Ava said thinking. "I just find it strange. It had to be important to risk hurting herself, assuming she is, yet the same time she didn't want to leave any contact information for Devin to reach them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:42 pm

Kyoko gets up "I believe I should follow her. Maybe snap a picture of her face and show it to Elizabeth, see if she knows her. They look the same age." she says as she heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:46 am

Ava watched her friend leave for the time being. Maybe she was over thinking things, it just sounded really strange to her. That just left two people at the agency and right now, she was considering going out on her own case. She wasn't too interested but it gave her something to do.

'I'll wait a bit longer for Kyoko to see if she finds anything suspicious.'
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:59 am

It was a few hours later when Kyoko comes back. She takes a seat by Ham's desk, who still hadn't come back "Well, I followed the young woman, then I had to break off my pursuit because she entered a fortified compound that screamed Vampire." she says "I still hadn't gotten a clear photo of the woman."

Chelsea shrugs, flipping her hair over her shoulder "Maybe you should ask around the Inhuman community about that place." she suggests "Someone's Bound to know Something about that place." she points out. She was waiting for Devin to get back, as she was starting to feel the 'Urge' again.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Ava frowned a bit. "Could just be a concidence you couldn't get a clear picture but that raises some flags. You should send a picture of the compound to Elizabeth to see if she knows anything."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:53 pm

Chelsea raises a brow "How does not being able to get a clear picture of a vampire's face, during the day, raising Any flags?" she says after looking over the picture "It's no surprise that the woman's wearing a mask and sunglasses under her hoodie. After all,unlike a Veeden sunlight is Deadly to one of Elizabeth's kind. It burns them like fire." she points out "So how is not being able to get a picture of her face during sun up hours suspect?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum