Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

2 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 9 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Namey Wed May 25, 2022 1:38 pm

Director Anthony Sharp, Head of the New York branch of the Hunters looks up from his files and utters tye most intelligent things he could think of at the time "Huh?" he says.

He blinks for a moment, wracking his brain. Recognition flashes in his eyes as he puts his files down and stands "Yes... Yes of course." he says as he holds out his hand "Ava Everheart, uh, come to my office and we'll talk." he says as he motions for Ava to follow him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 9 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 25, 2022 1:47 pm

Ava was only mildly surprised he knew them by name, but given what they did and Devin used to work here it only made sense. She decided to get to the point, going about how they figured out they were being targeted, and the Oka attack that was not a coincidence given what happened with Danny.

"..Only even if its confirmed now, it still doesn't shed light on who or to why." Ava explained. "But either way, if you have anyone I feel better if Tracy and Elizabeth Hale were looked after until we figured out who is behind it. The pattern seems to be people connected to the Last Maiden and its better safe then sorry."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 25, 2022 2:30 pm

Director Anthony Sharp, Head of the New York branch of the Hunters thinks for a moment before nodding and taps a few things on his computer "Well, Tracy Marsh is safe. She's with her boyfriend who works for me and have you tried getting ahold of miss Hale to warn her to get to some place safe?" he asks as he sends a text to Dysis, asking if he could check on Elizabeth Hale. He sent the address to him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 25, 2022 2:42 pm

Ava shook her head. "I haven't." She internally grimaced as she did literally Everything else but the most obvious. That was a amateur move. "I don't have her phone number on hand but I could ask Devin for it."

As for Dysis, Anthony gets it back relatively quickly and says he'll go check it now since it was just him at the moment.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 26, 2022 6:22 am

Director Anthony Sharp, Head of the New York branch of the Hunters slides a post-it note over to Ava with Elizabeth's number on it.

When Dysis gets to Elizabeth's apartment, the door had been forced open and it looks like a struggle had ensued, as the place was trashed! But there was no sign of Elizabeth.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 26, 2022 6:27 am

Just before Ava could even start, Anthony would get a call back from Dysis moments later. "Bad news. It looks like we're too late, someone trashed the place and Elizabeth is gone. If HQ has any Rish Sheppards or anything be good time to use them to track."

Ava felt horrible. Why didn't she think to contact Elizabeth sooner? Granted they may of sped up their plans and there was no time for her to do so, but the fact there Could of been and she dropped the ball on it was gnawing at her. She had to let Devin know and he wasn't going to be happy.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 26, 2022 6:40 am

Director Anthony Sharp, Head of the New York branch of the Hunters frowns at this news. They Did have One Rish Sheppard, but it was all the way in Japan and the Tokyo Hunters didn't have a transporter, unlike the Psychic school. They would need to have the hound flown over stateside and that will take time. Though, Sharp Did have to wonder how Dysis knew about the Rish sheppard since Noreal wasn't public knowledge at this time and he was just a desk jockey.

Anthony nods while on the phone with Dysis "Alright, good work. Head back to Tracy and await further instructions." he tells Dysis "If anything, we know that Tracy and Cassia are safe, as whomever these people are, now have what they wanted." he says. When he hangs up, he looks to Ava "I have some bad news..." he explains what Dysis told him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 26, 2022 7:43 am

In fairness, his mother was from there and Devin was a Ralphlim so it was more a guess if they had anyone else from Noreal working for him, whether the place ever became public or not.

Ava frowned at this, giving Devin a quick call before hanging up soon after. "I really wish I had thought of contacting them sooner or put the pieces in place faster but what's done is done. I don't know why the interest in Elizabeth. The only thing.." She thought a bit about. "..Well, she IS literally one of a kind so anyone who knows that may be interested. But how they would know if that's the case I don't know. Or its something else.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 26, 2022 7:56 am

Director Anthony Sharp quarks a brow "Do you mean the fact that Elizabeth Hale is the last of her family and if she were to die, New York would be open for another vampire to lay claim to?" he asks "After all, New York is a very opportunistic place for a young college girl to be doing nothing with, right?" he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 26, 2022 8:14 am

"Maybe. Its darts on a board at this point.." Ava handed him a card for her personal number. "If anything else comes up, let me know. I'm going to head out."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 26, 2022 8:19 am

Director Anthony Sharp, Head of the New York branch of the Hunters nods "I'll ask Dysis if he would like to help you guys look for miss Hale. A Hunter presents may come in handy for opening 'certain' doors." he says to Ava "Safe hunting."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 26, 2022 10:58 am

Ava intended to go back to the office and get whatever equipment thy had to do a investigation on the place Elizabeth was taken from. She didn't think it would help as much as she would of liked, but it was better then sitting on her thumbs since no one else could really help at the moment.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 26, 2022 12:59 pm

There really wasn't much to find out. Elizabeth was at her apartment, someone forced their way in, a struggle took place, but from the findings, it look like Elizabeth went down quickly, as she wasn't a trained fighter. Once out of the apartment, the trail goes cold.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 27, 2022 8:48 am

Ava frowned at this, sort of figuring this would be the case. There was one other option but she was extremely reluctant to use it since she rather not get Tracy involved. However since it was kind of a desperate time and the longer they waited the harder they be to find she didn't have as many choices.

So she dialed the number for Dysis about things, and as expected there was a pause for a bit before he answered. "..I'll ask Tracy if she'd be ok with it then I'll have to ask Sharp since they're in charge. I'll get back to you." And with that, he clicked off obviously to go talk to both of them with Tracy being first.
_________

Devin still felt transportation like this strange and since they were moving atoms around essentially wasn't it technically killing someone then putting them back together? At least if it worked that way.

Regardless there were more important things then that, so he didn't dwell on it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 27, 2022 10:49 am

Tracy, of course, would help. She would just need something of Elizabeth's so she could get her scent, then they could be off.

After transporting to the airport and going through customs, the five of them were off! To the car that was waiting for them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 27, 2022 11:12 am

Once Dysis got the go ahead, he went to meet up with Ava who was waiting for the two to show up so Tracy could hopefully pick a scent and then track it. "They might of did their best to clean up after themselves but hopefully we have something to work with." She said to the young woman once she and Dysis arrived. Then again they were likely in a rush so who was to say.

"We don't need a lot, just one thing." Dysis was more optimistic. Sure the guys seemed to cover their bases but they weren't perfect or all knowing.
_____

Devin did wonder if the people who nabbed Elizabeth were even in the city but if they were simply after her because of politics then they were on a strict timer. Besides maybe what they could squeeze out of her which made him angry again. She had been through enough already to have to go through this crap again.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 27, 2022 6:52 pm

Once Tracy got inside of Elizabeth's apartment, she went to her bedroom and got one of her used night shirts from the hamper. Something that made physical contact with her skin is better for Tracy, who suddenly changes into her beast form, which was a bloodhound.

She sniffs the shirt, then smells the air, walking around the living room, smelling the air "The ones who took her, smell like Vampires... which makes sense, I guess..." she mumbles the last part as she pauses at the broken flat screen.

Tracy picks up a shard of the broken glass around it. It had some blood on it and she sniffs the shard of glass, then sniffs the air again before she heads out and down the stairs, odd considering they had an elevator.

Once she gets to the street level, she pauses "They loaded her into a van." she says as she gets on all fours and sniffs the ground, then turns and starts off once more.

She had pinned her hair up so it wouldn't drag on the ground, but her long floppy ears were dragging on the ground, funneling Elizabeth's scent straight towards Tracy's nose.

Tracy, rather swiftly, leads the small group towards the docks and stops at an empty pier "They loaded her onto a boat... probably a cargo container..." she says to Dysis amd Ava.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 27, 2022 8:00 pm

Dysis and Ava followed the young woman around until they reached what seemed like a dead end with the boat. If they pursued on boat they might be able to track them down, as long as they didn't waste further time. Only he really didn't want to put Tracy in any danger, but he also in good conscious couldn't ignore Elizabet's plight.

Too bad New York HQ was ran by a skeleton crew and duct tape, not that it was the directors fault, they had to work with what theu had. They just didn't have the luxury of being heavily funded populated and a super hero group around to boot.

"I think we might be able to catch them still, if we take a boat if you're all right with it Tracy." He says, plus if it was a longer trip had to make sure Cassia was accounted for.

Ava was sending Devin a quick text update before responding. "Well, we do have contacts who have boats so I can try get in touch with them. I rather wait for the others to get here, if doesn't take too long." She like Dysis didn't want to put Tracy in any potential danger but were pressed for time before the trail got cold. Long as they played it smart it should be fine since it wasn't like they had to engage, just know their general location.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Tracy nods "I, I mean sure... a bloodhound can track a person through rain, snow, even through water." she explains "If we can get out there fast enough, I can track the smells coming off the cargo containers." she says.

Just then, a car pulls along side the trio. It was Devin and a group of girl psychics. Aki walks over to the edge of the docks and just stares out into the darkness of the ocean.

Akane and Maya head over to talk with the others, but the new girl disappears into the night. "Our school has contacts and can have a boat here in less then an hour." Akane says.

Maya shakes her head "They could get too far ahead by then. We need to think drastically." she says, clenching her small fist.

Akane quarks a brow at her friend "Like how? Send Devin flying out there while he carries Tracy?" she asks.

Suddenly a boat comes racing up to the docks. The new girl, Hanako, was in it "Alright everyone, pile in!" she calls to everyone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 27, 2022 9:36 pm

Dysis was wondering How they managed to get a boat so fast but decided not to question it as he got inside, along with Ava and then Devin shortly after. If it had been Devin flying Tracy it would of been rough for a number of reasons, up to including stamina and Then having to potentially confront a unknown amount of people while trying to keep Tracy safe would of been a mess.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 28, 2022 2:56 pm

Once everyone was in the boat, Tracy sniffs the air a bit, then turns and points "They went that way!" she says.

Hanako turns the boat and Slams the throttle down! They shoot in the direction that Tracy indicated and soon after, tye water starts getting choppy "Feel that?" Hanako asks "We're caught in a bigger boats wake. We should be coming up on them soon!" she yells over the noise of the engine.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 28, 2022 4:40 pm

Dysis wasn't a fan of the water, mostly because prolonged contact did stuff to his powers but a bit less since he was a half-breed after all. He had a feeling since they had gone through all this trouble to get Elizabeth for one reason or another, these probably weren't head people. They likely be somewhere safer and more well guarded.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 28, 2022 5:48 pm

Hanako looks like she was struggling "We have to get out of this wake!" she says as she pulls off to the side "It's a good bet they know we're here." she says "We likely have popped up on their radar by now." she says as the cargo ship comes into view.

Aki stands and moves over to one of her fellow psychic "Akane, get me on that ship." says in a dead even tone. Akane nods and puts her hand on Aki's shoulder, concentrates for a moment, then in a flash of magenta energy, the two disappear.

Maya looks over to Devin "Do you think you can fly us over there?" she asks.

Tracy takes Dysis and goes below deck. Once there, she shuts the lights off, bathing them in darkness "Dysis, take me over there. I want to help save Elizabeth. I owe her this." she says with determination in her soft voice.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 28, 2022 6:39 pm

Devin paused briefly then nodded a bit. "I can take you and Ava over, just one I'll have to carry and the other will have to get on my back." Ava silently went behind them so she ride on his back, then from there he could pick up Maya and fly towards the boat.

As for Dysis, he was a bit reluctant but he couldn't deny how earnest Tracy was. "..All right. I'll see if there's shadows we can get to.." He was going have to stick to Tracy like glue to keep them safe.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 28, 2022 7:19 pm

Once everyone, except Hanako (she needed to keep the boat close by), they ran into Aki, who had her hand on one of the guards. He was frozen in place, his eyes were blank as Aki drained his energy and as he got more and more pale, Aki let him go and he crumpled like a boned fish. He looks over to the others "He'll live." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum