Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

2 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 11 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Namey Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:10 pm

Elizabeth shrugs "I mean, any place is okay with me." she says "I can just lease a new apartment tomorrow and we can stay at a hotel tonight if you want." she suggests, mainly because she knows how small Devin's old apartment is.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 11 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:05 am

"That's fine. Being at a hotel for the night won't hurt." Devin didn't really care where they stayed at, just as long as he could keep Elizabeth safe. He didn't think any of the thugs would try again so soon but he had a reason to be paranoid. He couldn't help but wonder if the vampires who did this were apart of Elizabeth's group or a circle of outsiders? Time would hopefully tell.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:23 am

Soon after, the two get settled and night turns to day, Devin gets a message from Danny. He just made it in and it at the office. He suspected they had a bit to talk about.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:38 am

Devin called Ava so she could watch over Elizabeth while he went to check on Danny and catch up; they really needed to find a better security detail until all the people involved were hopefully caught and dealt with.

At least one of his members were accounted for, the other two would have to wait and see.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:07 am

When Devin gets back to the office, Danny was sitting at his desk, drinking as usual and standing behind him was a cute Mouse Girl. She looked very nervous and even jumped slightly when Devin came inside.

Danny didn't even get up "Devin, this is Ami. Ami, this is my boss Devin." he says, introducing the two of them "Ami is a little mouse demon who was in the employment of the people who hired us for that bogus case." he says "She has since left their employment and has come back State side to repay debts she feel she owes." he finishes.

Ami, for her part, curtsies to Devin "I-it's a real p-pleasure to, um, t-to meet you, m-master Devin..." she stumbles over her words "I-if th-there's anything I, um, I c-can do for you... p-please feel free t-to let me k-know..." she mumbles, not making eye contact with him. She seemed Very nervous.

Danny takes a swig of his drink "Darling..." he grumbles "So, what's the story? I tale it I missed important things while I was away." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:25 am

"It's nice to meet you Ami and if I think of something I'll let you know." Devin greeted the young woman, since one of their own had left she may be able to fill in for them. It wouldn't quite be the same but it was something.

At those words, he nodded and was prepared to talk to Danny in private. "We'll, a lot but I'll try to summarize it.." And he told them everything of what happened, including Oka getting hurt. "..And right now the Hunters are trying to look into things and Maya and the rest are off somewhere looking for the one who hurt Oka."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:06 pm

"We got the one who issued the order and that's good enough for us." Maya says as she, Akane, and Hanako come walking in "Yo! How is everyone doing?" she asks as she spies Ami.

One could almost see heart in her eyes as she sees the mouse demon "Oh my GOODNESS!!!" she squeals as she rushes over to grab the little mouse girl up!

Ami visibly flinches at this, before Danny gets up and intercepts the young psychic "Hold on there..." he says as he holds Maya back "She's Very shy around people she doesn't know. So until she's ready for it, no physical contact." he says.

Hanako walks over to Devin "Hey, sorry for just leaving you guys there..." she says to him in a low tone "We had our own reasons for being there and we were told that none of you would be hurt." she explains "I hope this doesn't hurt our working relationship." she says as she holds her still gloved hand out "Bygones?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:44 am

Devin was going to ask Danny if he knew these Sensu Beans were real and if so how to find them and if they were good enough to help Oka. Before that though, the others came back. Well, most of them. Aki was nowhere to be found but since she was there for Oka and they got the person in question made sense he supposed.

The Ralphlim listened to Hanako, then shook her hand. "Since no one got hurt or killed I'll let it go. Just no last minute surprises next time. And told by who?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:16 am

Hanako shakes her head "Sorry, good sir. But I can't tell ya that." she says "Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm gonna be working with you guys from now on." she says with a grin "After all, Akane and Maya mentioned you could use a Touch-Know on your team for some time now." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:48 am

Devin nodded a bit. "It's fine with me and could use the extra help. Just need to find out who the main people in charge behind the Elizabeth kidnapping was if we don't know already."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:16 pm

*Just a heads up, we got one of them in our custody Right now... but I didn't tell ya that...* Maya sends to Devin directly.

"Well, you can try to get me something that belongs to the people who took Liz, and I can do my thing to see what's what on it." Hanako suggests.

Danny nods slowly "I think I can get you something from the ship." he says "What would you need, exactly?" he asks.

Hanako shrugs "Something that belonged to one of the main people there. Like the Captain or someone." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:54 pm

Devin trusted Danny to get it, he had a lot of faith in him. Despite what else one could say about him he was reliable when time counted but he supposed one didn't get to their age and not pick up a lot of things along the way. "All right. If we can get that going then hopefully be one step closer to figuring everything out. I was thinking of maybe having Elizabeth stay with her people a bit as this was figured out. Only issue is, since these were Vampires unsure how many, if any are moles. I don't even know if they're from here yet or another faction."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:07 pm

Danny takes the phone he has on his desk off the hook and dials "We need to keep Elizabeth as far away from her people as we can." he says as picks the phone up and goes about his own business.

"Danny's right." Kyoko says, suddenly behind the psychics.

"Oh Jesus!" Hanako jumps about a foot in the air "Someone needs to put a bell on you or something..." she mumbles as her heart rate returns to normal.

"If it were vampires who orchestrated this whole thing, we need to make sure they don't get another chance to finish whatever they wanted to do in the first place." she says, not paying attention to Hanako's remark.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:19 pm

"Well, judging by what we ran into it seemed like some sort of experiment? They're trying to get something out of it." Devin more thinking to himself. "They know about Elizabeth's unique nature so that theory and what was seen makes sense. But yeah, keeping them away from that group." He hoped Elizabeth took it ok if decent chunk of her people were in on the whole thing and even if they didn't participate knew about it and did nothing.

But in fairness, it would mostly just be those in the political sphere rather the common everyday folks that would know about Elizabeth's nature and such and wasn't a representation what all of them thought as a whole. Just like the Noreal council wasn't, and thank the gods for that.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:50 am

Maya was studying Devin's face for a bit "I think you're on the right there." she says, clearly reading his mind on this matter.

"Maya!" Hanako says, clearly shocked by this breach of privacy "You know we have rules against unauthorized scans." she reminds the young psychic "Why do you think I keep my gloves on all the time?" she asks.

Maya lazily looks over to her fellow psychic "Because unlike You, I can control my special gift." she says "Without your gloves on, everything you touch, and I do mean Everything, will overwhelm you with information. That doesn't happen with me." she says in a smug tone.

"Except that isn't true, is it Maya?" Akane points out "There are plenty of ways to overwhelm your telepathy." she says.

This gets Hanako's attention "Oh Really?" she asks, intrigued "Do tell, Akane."

Maya laughs a little nervous "We're getting off topic here..." she reminds them "Devin, why don't you share what you suspect?" she asks, redirecting everyone's attention to their employer.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:24 am

"I really wish you wouldn't poke in my head with my thoughts."
Devin shook his head a bit, letting it go for now. "Anyway, ignoring that. All I have is the fact its probably just the political sphere that was in on this rather then normal everyday people, just like with here or Noreal. And its likely due to her unique nature, because if it was simply a power play they would done so earlier; her folks been dead for years. Plus her being in some type of lab clearly."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:33 am

Danny hangs up his phone "Okay, I managed to talk Sharp into letting us in on the case. So for now, we're working with the Hunters on this matter." he says.

"Which means we should have access to all the evidence that they have?" Maya asks "Which means Hanako can get on that ship and go nuts!" she states.

Hanako nods with a grin "Give me about a day, and we'll know everything we need to know about what's going on, who's involved, and where to find them." she says with certainty.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 pm

Devin was glad about that, since the sooner the better. He was going to avoid thinking too hard. After a moment, he turned to Danny. "Bit off topic but important; do you know if Sensu Beans are real and if so where we could find one?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:31 am

Danny nods slowly "Yes. I know where they are." says just as slowly "And while they Will heal Oka's body and may even heal the damaged parts of her brain, her mind will still be damaged and those parts of her mind that were gone from before, will still be gone now." he explains "Besides, she's in a coma. How is she gonna swallow it?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:14 am

Devin shook his head. "IV tube, or someone mashes it up and feeds them to it. Just a suggestion, I guess too much to ask for a true cure all. And I rather Aki be given the heads up since this is her baby sister." It wasn't like they could do the same thing they did with Leon since Danny used his favor already.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:51 am

Danny shrugs as he pulls a note pad from his desk and writes down the coordinates and hands the small piece of paper to Devin "Well, here's where to find them. But good luck getting any. They're extremely hard to grow and take a lot of time to cultivate." he explains "And you're not the only who might need them either." he says "Also, you're gonna need to bring some fish. Yellowfin tuna works best."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:35 pm

Devin looked down at the notes, before putting it away. Fish he could do. "I guess this means I'll be out and about for a bit then. Just look after Elizabeth while I'm gone and if Mathilda comes back while I'm away let me know."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:58 pm

((Since it was talked over, I feel it is time to close this thread for now. This thread is Closed and all characters are out.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum