Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

2 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 10 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 28, 2022 9:12 pm

Devin let Maya got as he landed and Ava got from his back, she wasn't as strong physically as some of the others who had enhanced physical stats in the group so she played things with her mind or what tools she had at the time.

"We're going need to try get information of what we can from them later. Safe to assume these guys are grunts and don't know everything."
Ava said, drawing her gun, she should probably get a better one later. Right now they needed to find Elizabeth, and she Should be one of these containers.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 10 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Namey Sat May 28, 2022 9:48 pm

"Well than... Maya starts as she takes the guards radio "It's a good thing you have a mind reader with you, huh?" she says in a slight smug tone.

Aki looks around and shakes her head "We don't exactly know for a fact if Elizabeth is in a container or not." she points out "We should gather more information before we start randomly searching hundreds of crates." she says.

Maya nods "Find me someone important looking and I'll get the info we're looking for." she says with much confidence.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 29, 2022 5:11 pm

Devin thinks for a moment. "Might be easier said then done, they could be anywhere. I think we should split up but still say in small groups so we can cover more ground that way. Unless anyone else has other ideas?"

Dysis arrived at another part of the ship with Tracy so she could do her thing. Her job was to try to find Elizabeth and it would be his job to look after Tracy in case they ran into trouble.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 29, 2022 10:29 pm

Maya almost rolled her eyes "When looking for someone important on a ship, what's the best place to look?" she asks.

"Either the bridge or the Captain's quarters." Akane says.

Maya points to the top of the ship "That's where the bridge is. Akane, could you get me up there?" she asks as she tosses the radio to Devin.

Akane walks over to her friend and in a flash of magenta light, the two of them disappeared.

Aki had disappeared as well. Having gone out on her own.

The part of the area of the ship where Tracy and Dysis had gone, was crawling with guards. They Seemed Human, though that might not be the case. This part of the ship had many expensive looking equipment around.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 30, 2022 8:32 am

Devin's thinking was simple that if they knew they were here at this point they wouldn't be patiently waiting in place in the most obvious spot. Either way, he along with Ava headed out further into the ship being as quite as possible. Just because they more then likely knew they were here at this point, didn't mean they needed to draw More attention to themselves.

___

It was too risky to go straight through, he didn't know if they were normal humans or not. Even if they were they could be armed with who knows what. His shadows could stop run of the mil fire arms at his current level, but since Elizabeth was such a high priority to them they may have some nasty stuff. Add the fact Tracy was also there and it made things more tricky.

He really wished he was full blooded or at least had telepathy anyway in cases like these since they'd be useful. Never the less, he gently motioned them to the shadows again. Perhaps there was another angle they could work with then just going straight through.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 31, 2022 11:37 am

Devin should have told Aki not to draw more attention to herself "There's an intruder on the main deck! She's an energy vampire and she's draining the life outta everyone!" a panicked voice calls over the radio "If you see her, keep your distance and try to take her down, but don't let her touch you!" calls ani other guard "She's here! She's here! Lower deck 1! Send baaahh..." another voice sounded, but was silenced. It seemed the guards were, for the time being, focused on trying to capture Aki.

Which worked out well for Akane and Maya, as they found the very person they were looking for. The Captain. Akane smashes his cabin door open and immediately puts up a reflection shield to block the incoming bullets he fired at them and once his gun was empty, the shield formed into a magenta ball of psychokinetic energy that Akane fired at him, throwing him back against the wall and knocking him out!

Maya then comes in while Akane secures the room. Maya puts the captain's hat on "Oh Captain, my Captain. Let us see what fantastic thoughts you have swimming around that head of yours..." she says as she places a finger on his forehead.

After about a minute, Maya smiles and moves away from the Captain. She pulls out her phone and texts something to Devin "They're holding Elizabeth in the center of the lower decks to the ship. The combination to the door is 102015..." the text reads.

She looks over to Akane "I know where they are. Let's get Aki and take them." she says in a surprisingly dark tone as the psycho soldier and follows Maya out.

Someone, who looked fairly important and a bit too pale for his own good, looks at a monitor "Damn it! All this time planning and they get here within Hours? How is that possible?" the First demands.

"It was the broken girl! She's a Zoanthrope and can turn into a bloodhound!" the Second says "That's how they found us!"

The First frowns "Damn it, damn it, damn it!" the First pounds his hand into the console "Grab a blood sample from Her! We will Not leave here empty handed!" he says as tye Second rushes off.

The First walks over to a console and types something into it. Suddenly alarms start to blare all over the ship as lights flash red "DESTRUCTION SEQUENCE HAS BEEN INITIATED!! FIVE MINUTES REMAINING!! ALL HANDS ABANDON SHIP!! REPEAT: ALL HANDS ABANDON SHIP!!" a voice sounds over the PA system

The First turns to head out, but stops as Maya and Akane stand there, blocking his path "So... you're the one who hurt our friend, huh?" Maya asks as she takes the Captain's hat off and lets it drop to the floor.

The First frowns "Stand aside Humans, you're no match for me." he says, so smug in his superiority.

Akane frowns "You forget yourself, Vampire. We're not Just Humans... Homo Superior. That means we're Better than just meer Humans she says as her clenched fists glow with magenta psychokinetic energy.

The First chuckles "All the difference That will make. You two are still no match for me and I will still brake your tiny bodies." he says, still being so smug.

"Like you broke my sister's?" a voice from behind the First asks as Aki places a hand on his neck, his energy instantly started to drain away!

Tracy almost jumped out of her skin when the destruction system kicked off! She looks towards Dysis "W-what are we gonna do now?" she asks, her big blue puppy eyes locked onto the half Veeden.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 31, 2022 5:14 pm

The issue was Aki was a strong willed woman and she didn't really listen to Devin at the best of times. Much less when someone just hurt her baby sister and may be even on board or at least know who was behind the whole thing. It would of had to be her closer friends to try if anything but either way the element of surprise was completely out the window.

As the chaos happened, Devin checked his text, only able to tell because of the viberation with all the noise going on. "Got the location where Elizabeth is! Lets get her and head out!" He picked up the pace, enough that Ava couldn't really completely keep up.

Ava agreed, but also sent something to text that way if they were too close and hadn't heard the loudspeaker somehow as not be too close by the boat. She didn't know the two had left.

____

Dysis briefly checked the text, knowing the only way it go off now if something important was going on or hell of a concidence. "..They found where Elizabeth is being held and are going there. You more then did your part, let's get out of here." He used the shadows to once more
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 31, 2022 5:50 pm

Elizabeth was in an airtight research lab. Having been strapped down to a surgical bed, in a hospital gown. She was unconscious, but breathing. There was a heavy sterilization door blocking the way in with a number pad keeping them out.

Aki and the other psychic were nowhere to be found, that included Hanako and their escape boat and the crew took all the other boats and the chopper was gone as well. "TWO MINUETS REMAINING!! ABANDON SHIP!! REPEAT: ABANDON SHIP!!"

Tracy looks to Dysis "Please, take me to the computer core!" she say to him "I can stop the countdown!" she says with absolute confidence.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 31, 2022 7:01 pm

Devin double checked the code briefly before putting it in, if it worked which it should he was simply going get Elizabeth out of that bed, grab her and Ava and get the hell out before they got blown up.
______

Dysis was going have to trust Tracy with this one, and with a silent nod he took them Tracy to where she needed to go. He knew his girlfriend was smart but he was definitely going have to ask where she learned this from later.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:17 pm

Elizabeth was still unconscious when Devin got her out of the operation room, luckily there were no more guards aboard to stop them, which means they intended to leave Elizabeth there to die, if Devin and Ava hadn't gotten her out. Though even still, there wasn't life boats left.

As Tracy runs to the console, she changes back to her Human form, that way her big 'ol bloodhound fingers wouldn't stop her from working the computer. Her tiny, slender fingers were typing over the keyboard as fast as she could "Incase I can't stop this countdown, I want you to get everyone out of here." she says as she keeps working.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:47 pm

"I haven't heard anything from Maya or the others."
Ava said as she put her phone away to check on where Aki and such were at, which she assumed were on the boat but she did say they got Elizabeth and would be airborne around the area for a bit. "Safe to assume they're getting some safe distance."

"Right.." Devin gently got Elizabeth princess style. "Hop onto my back and I'll get airborne and we'll wait for them. I can stay airborne for hours worse comes to worse."
___

Dysis shook his head. He didn't think that was a good idea given what they had to work with. The only way it didn't if they somehow all just ditched them and weren't just getting distanced, which wouldn't make any sense.  "There's nothing so important on this boat you have to risk everything and they got Elizabeth.  Devin can take the Ava and Elizabeth  topside for a bit and I can get you out. No one has to play hero this time."

Taking Tracy here honestly had been a mistake, least he felt like it was. There wasn't a need for them to be there and they had the situation handled, it just further complicated things.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:24 pm

Tracy didn't answer. She was too focused on the task at hand "SIXTY SECONDS REMAIN!! ABANDON SHIP!! REPEAT: ABANDON SHIP!!" the computer countdown relentlessly.

Tracy moves back from the console and lets out the breath she had been holding "Got it!" she breathes.

"COUNTDOWN ABORTED!! REPEAT: COUNTDOWN ABORTED!!" the computer announces on the PA.

Tracy gets up and looks over to Dysis. She looked a little miffed "I asked you to do something and you didn't do as I asked. If I couldn't have shut down the countdown, only you alone could have saved everyone in time." she points out.

Tracy takes a breath, calming herself down and letting the adrenalin flow from her system "B-but now that this is over, and a Hunter is here, you should probably call this in..." she says "This is, after all, a crime scene where an Inhuman was kidnapped, held against her will, and experimented on." she points out "The Hunters have jurisdiction in this situation and there's evidence here that can tell us who's behind all this..."  she says in almost a whisper, as if someone was listening.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:53 pm

Dysis didn't agree, since Devin while he wasn't going to be lifting trucks while flying was at least more then strong enough to carry two people. But he didn't argue about it.

"It'll probably be a while before any invisgation team checks with how understaffed they are but I'll let them know for sure." Which he would. If they couldn't even spare anyone besides someone behind a desk that hadn't finished their training with how important Elizabeth was, then the same would apply to sending anyone out. He did send word, as well as to Devin since he and Ava were the only ones around with the others mia.

After a moment, he spoke up again. "Listen. I want to apologize for earlier. I should have more faith in what you can do and not be so overprotective of you."

____

Devin had gotten a bit further away when he heard the last bit with his hearing; not that was hard with how loud it was. But he was thoroughly confused. And since the ship had stopped counting down and it hadn't blown up, he decided to cautiously landed with Ava getting off his back. "Better then just floating in the air to see where Aki and the others went. Wonder what the hell happened.."

He trailed off, seeing the text. "...Well that explains it. Dysis and Tracy are here. She disarmed the bomb."

Ava frowned at this. "That was incredibly dangerous to bring her on this ship."

Devin shook his head. "Tracy is a grown woman. I know she brings out that protective instinc in people but we can't smother them, she is more capable then people give her credit for. Knowing her, she wanted to help Elizabeth. And if it weren't for her, this ship would of been toast and we might of, depending where ever Maya and the rest bugged off to. C'mom, let's link back up with those two and get out of here finally."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:22 pm

Tracy wasn't Just talking about them, but the guards that Aki had taken out were still aboard and she Also didn't know the psychics were gone as well. So when she said Dysis was the only one who could get everyone out safely, she meant it and the fact that he didn't listen to her hurt on some level. It's something they would have to talk about later.

Tracy nods slowly "I, can understand why, though..." she says, mumbles is more like it "I haven't been very reliable... when things go wrong..." she says, but then she looks at Dysis "However, when it comes to computers I know what I'm doing, so if there's ever a next time where your life is in my hands and I Have to use a computer to save it, trust in me hat I can do so." she states.

Once the three get back on board they faced a new problem. Not a single one of them knew how to pilot a ship of this size.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:48 am

"You're right, but hopefully there isn't a next time anytime soon." Dysis looked arouind. "..I should let you know if Maya and the others ditched us we're stuck for now. Traveling across the ocean is difficult for my current skill level and the only reason it worked was because their boat was close to this one. Meaning, if I use it, I'll just end up in the middle of the ocean."

He gave Tracy a brief hug. "So thank you, you're the mvp here. Everyone else would have died otherwise. And I'll try not be as smothering."

A bit shortly after, Ava came but there was no sign of Devin and Elizabeth which Dysis noticed. "Where are the other two?"

"He laid her down somewhere for a moment and is by their side. I think its best you took Elizabeth out of here a bit more secure." Ava explained. "I don't know where all the guards are but we can't all leave since if they wake up anytime soon they can attempt to destroy evidence."

Dysis grimaced. "..That's the thing, I can't. Like I was telling Tracy I'm not skilled enough to safely travel across large ocean mass if its not close enough. And since Hanako or others haven't gotten back yet I'll go out of a limb and say they won't be coming back."

The Acorian didn't respond right away, then a moment she did later. "Given I haven't gotten a text back as much of a update I'm inclined to go with the later. But part of the course for us." As a former police officer it was ridiculous a underfunded detective agency was having to do all this on their own in the first place, granted it wasn't the local HQ's fault. Likely politics and other things of why they were in such a bad way compared to Tokyo.

"See if you can get a ETA when they can actually get here, if its too long I'll see if can get someone out here." Ava says to the young man. Nothing else at least get Tracy and Elizabeth out of here if only..Then she thought. Almost wanted to smack herself. "Dysis, is your mother more skilled with shadow traveling with you they could reach here?"

Dysis paused. "..I would say so I don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier but its worth a shot. I'll try to contact them and see."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:29 pm

Tracy blushes furiously when Dysis hugs her "I, uh, I w-wouldn't mind it... if you s-smothered me in, affection..." she mumbles to him.

While the Scooby gang were deciding what to do, a
black helicopter could be seen flying towards the ship, it has the Hunter logo on it as it circles around, then lands on the helipad on the deck.

Anthony Sharp, the Director of the New York branch of the Hunters steps out as the chopper winds down a small team of about six, all fully prepped up and ready for a fight, jump out "Secure this deck, then split into teams of three and secure this ship deck by deck!" he orders as he grabs a high-tech rifle and moves out with his team.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:07 pm

Dysis heard the noise above. "That's probably the Hunters given they do have choppers. Let's go and say hello."
___

Devin also heard it and was thinking similar it was probably the Hunters unless the people who kidnapped Elizabeth but that was extremely unlikely with the timing. He kissed her on the forehead giving her hand a gentle reassuring squeeze even if she was unconcious. "We're gonna get you home safe and sound soon.." He didn't show it but he had been scared he would never potentially see Elizabeth again.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:25 am

Anthony Sharp, the Director of the New York branch of the Hunters, comes walking over to Dysis "Excellent job, Dysis. This heap should help put us on the right path to finding out who's responsible for this whole mess." he says. What he Didn't say, was that cracking this case would go a long way to getting them more funds and personnel.

Two of the unit take Elizabeth back to the chopper whike a medic checks her out. Turns out she's just heavily sedated and will wake up in a few hours.

After a few more choppers show up, from other Hunter units, and everyone is checked out, they are all given permission to leave, but they need to turn in a written statement about events on the ship.

After a few hours, Elizabeth finally wakes up. She seemed tired, but alright "Uhhh... what in the heck happened?" she asks as she rubs the back of her head in confusion, feeling sore all over.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:01 pm

Devin was worried about Danny and Mathilda. The last he heard about the former he got jumped by a unknown amount of people, and the later was completely unknown. While these Vampires weren't a physical threat to her, they could of pulled strings to get her into a fight with a sage or something for all he knew. Given all the other stuff they did, it seemed like something they would do if they could.

Devin noticed Elizabeth stir and was there by her side, like he had been there the whole time. "Hey.." He began. "You got kidnapped and a lot of other things went on but you're safe now. What is the last thing you remember?"

It must of been some heavy stuff since the usual fight or flight instincs didn't flare up the instant she woke up. Going by evidence they had subdued them rather then just put them to sleep and knock them out.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:11 pm

Since Elizabeth was drugged and didn't wake up fully alert or aware, her fight or flight instincts wouldn't have kicked in.

The young woman shakes her head "I, got home and took a shower... I heard someone knock on tue door..." she struggles to recall current events, but shakes her head "No. That's it. That's all I remember. I'm waking up here." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:40 pm

"Probably whatever they put in your system.." Devin then proceeded to give them a hug. "I'm just glad you're ok, you really scared me back there. Right now, the Hunters have Some lead so we can hopefully find out who is behind all this."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:56 am

Elizabeth accepts Devin's hug. He always feels so strong that it's hard to imagine him ever being scared of anything or anyone. But, Elizabeth learned early on that he doesn't fear for himself, but for others like her and Tracy. Those who can't really take care of themselves. And with guys like Devin and Dysis protecting them, why would they ever need to learn? Still, she should probably see about carrying a gun or pepper spray or Something to help defend herself. She would need to talk to Devin about that.

After the rather long hug, Elizabeth sighs and looks around, before focusing on Devin "Can we go home now? I Really want to change out of these hospital gowns..." she says, trying to lighten the mood "Plus, I'm kinda hungry." she mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:47 am

Devin smiled at them. "Sure thing. Let me talk to Sharp and we'll go from there." He left the young woman for the time being so he could talk to them. It had been a while since he talked to them face to face, mainly because both of them were busy people more then anything else.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:54 am

Sharp wanted to fly Elizabeth back to Hunter HQ and have a doctor check her out and once they were finished, she would be free to leave. He, of course, asked Devin and his people, who were involved in this raid, to file action reports if they could.

On his way back, his phone buzzes. It was a text from Danny "Hey boss. I managed to charter a plane back to New York and should be there either later tonight or early tomorrow. I'll give my report when I get back." the text reads. Short and to the point, like always.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:32 am

Devin checked his phone, happy Danny was safe and in one piece. He told them to let him know because they both would have a lot of things to talk about. He came back to Elizabeth after. "Sharp wanted a doctor to check to make sure everything is ok, then we'll head home. Or my old apartment I guess since our home isn't in the best of shape. Its still in my name for now since its hasn't been that long."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum