A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done

2 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done - Page 3 Empty Re: A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 02, 2021 10:56 am

"Tea is used by having water combined with cured or fresh leaves of Camellia sinensis, an evergreen shrub. That said you can do different things to get a lot of different taste." Samantha said, noting the frown. "That flavor might not be for you, maybe you'd like something less sweet. If not then tea just may not be for you."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done - Page 3 Empty Re: A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done

Post by Namey Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 am

Vaazlahkol nods "Yes please." he says "I do not believe tea is for me. Apologies. It's presentation was quite well." he says to Masako "Perhaps some ginger root flavored sparkling water?" he asks, which was him pretty much asking for some Ginger Ale.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 03, 2021 9:11 am

Masako nodded a bit to that. "I think I may have something you might like in that case. Give me one moment."

Samantha watch her friend leave a bit before turning back to Vaazlahkol. "It's all right, tea isn't for everyone. I am curious about your world though. I know they're exctint but could you tell me about at least a few of the races that used to be in your world."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 03, 2021 3:18 pm

Vaazlahkol thinks for a bit "There were a few. One was a race of 'were people'. They were people who could change into humanoid versions of many different animals." he explains "There were also the shadowlings, who Deathwing used to help him exterminate the other races, before turning on them... the Sky Elves, who were the most advanced of the races. Deathwing saw to their extermination first. Lastly, there were the lava walkers. They were the hardest to annihilate, but like the others, they fell to the war-crazed Tulvir god." he says in a sad tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 05, 2021 8:00 am

Samantha listened with rapt attention to what he was saying. It was really unfourtnate it was just one race now, but as they talked it was remding her of something. Didn't say Ness say Vaazlahkol's world was a parrel to her own? In that case maybe there was a version where events happened differently.

"Someone once said your world and mine are parrel to each other." Samantha began after a bit. "It's the other reason I asked, I wondered to see how similar and different our worlds are. Were the Shadowlings and Lava Walkers humanoid? and why was the later harder to get rid of? Also feel free to ask anything on your end if you're curious."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 am

Vaazlahkol nods "Yes. Aside from the Tulvir, all upon my world were humanoid." he says "As for why the Lava Walkers were so hard to exterminate, well, Deathwing's breath weapon is fire, lava, and it's many variations, and the Lava Walkers are immune to such attacks." he explains.

"Please do not take this the wrong way, but at this time I do not wish to know more about your world, but I wish to know more about you." he says as he lightly places one of his deathly cold hands on her's.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 08, 2021 5:23 pm

Samantha looked down briefly at his hand before giving it a a soft squeeze. "I'm all right with that. What would you like to know then?"

After this time, Masako finally came back with the new drink. "Sorry for the wait, but here you are sir. If there's anything else just let me know."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 11, 2021 11:17 am

Vaazlahkol nods to Masako "My many thanks, lady Masako." he lools back to Samantha "May I ask how long you've been on this Earth planet and what prompted you to travel here?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Masako left the two to continue their date while Samantha quitely took in what he said before she asnwered. "After my husband passed away I decided I wanted to travel and earth happened to be a place I was curious about. I have been roughly for thirty something years. I was a bit lonely and couldn't have children of my own, so eventually I had ended up adopting my son Adell who is my oldest and then Yulina, who is my youngest."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 14, 2021 10:24 am

Vaazlahkol nods slowly "I know it has been many years, but you have my most profound sympathies for your loss." he says in a low tone.

"Though, I am surprised that you have managed to live a normal life, despite this world's apprehension towards anyone not birthed here." he says "Surely the urge to change into your Tulvir form can be hard to suppress at times." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 14, 2021 11:49 am

"I've gotten used to it. But yes, I have to go to really isolated to be in my Draner form" Samantha said after a moment. "To be honest, if not for some of the people I know here I would of headed back to Noreal. Don't get me wrong, earth isn't as bad as some say but I also don't understand the fascination some have to here."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 14, 2021 11:57 am

Vaazlahkol nods "I believe it is because it is something new." he says "Even one such as I was taken aback when I first set foot in this new land and even now, I admit that there are things, still, that I do not understand." he says "After all, how often does one get the chance to travel to a new planet, with strange new people and customs? Why, I am willing to wager that even after thirty years here, there are still wonders you've yet to witness." he says with a sad smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 14, 2021 12:42 pm

"It makes some sense and thank you for your condolences but I have made my peace with it." Samantha was going to say more but noticed the sad smile. "Are you all right?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 17, 2021 4:02 pm

Vaazlahkol nods "Oh yes. I am quite well." he says "It is merely my nature to be sad." he says "If you wish, feel free to ask me anything you wish. It is only fair that you know more of me, as I learn more of you."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 17, 2021 7:13 pm

Samantha was curious now what he said, or more to clarify what he meant by his recent comment. "That's fine. But what you said, what did you mean its your nature to be sad? Because of your job?" it was a guess, though he had a different view of death then most people.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 20, 2021 11:06 am

Vaazlahkol shakes his head "No. It isn't because of my, uh, job." he says "Death is what I may do, but it isn't who I am. My nature, it is a sad one. I feel more than I should for the people I come for and to say the Time of the Culling was a trying time for me, is an understatement. So many lives lost..." he shakes his head slightly "But that is why I seem so sad. Not because I really am sad, but because it is my nature."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 21, 2021 9:19 am

Samantha gave his hand a gentle reassuring squeeze. "We haven't known each other long, but I hope to be able to help you in anyway I can. Did have a parent, father or sibling that did your job before you and you came into things later?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 26, 2021 2:48 pm

Vaazlahkol thinks for a moment "It is, very hard to explain..." he mumbles, thinking "We of the Thirteen do not have parents." he starts "Most of us were formed for the various roles, like the Goddess of Magic, Dyllar. When the people of our world discovered magic, she was born. She is the youngest of my people..." he adds "Unlike most of the others, I was always there. I am one of the oldest of the Thirteen. The Gods of Light and Dark are the other oldest ones amongst my kind. They are neither good nor evil, unlike some in our pantheon..."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 29, 2021 7:33 am

Samantha wasn't sure how she felt about deities in general, this was the first time she actually met one. There was technically Regina but they had never interacted person to person, just from what Adell, Monica or Amanda told her.

The last part did catch her attention, hopefully nothing to worry about though. "Do you think any of the others of your pantheon ended up here? And if there's so many of you, who was it that created the other races that used to be around?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 29, 2021 8:17 am

Vaazlahkol mods slowly "Yes. One.other has ended up here. Deathwing. He followed me here and he is the reason I remain." he says in a low tone "I will not allow him to do to this planet, what he did to mine and all though he no longer can change into his Tulvir form, he is still a god and is still very dangerous to mortals." he says "But to not fret. So long as I am here, he will not do anything." he smiles a sad smile again.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 30, 2021 3:35 pm

It may of been a bit worrying some rogue deity was around but even without direct divine help, as strange as it sounded she had some faith in the people of earth. Deathwing hadn't instantly destroyed all that was in his path meaning he wasn't invincible. But then again she didn't know how strong the races he did wipe out were. Back in her world there was also the fact the Noreal races were a lot stronger in the dinstant past and since Vaalzlahol was similar to hers perhaps it was the same?

Either way, earth had a habit of surprising her. They shouldn't have been able to deal with the multitude of things that had attacked it, but here they still were somehow.

Right now though, she wanted to focus on her date.

Samantha gave his hand a reassure squeeze. "I won't. In fact why not instead focus on more pleasant things and getting to know each other? If you're ready we can leave and see more of the city."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 31, 2021 3:06 pm

The death god nods with a smile "My good lady, I would be most delighted to accompany you around the city." he says as he stands and holds his hand out to help Samantha up.

He takes about two thousand yen out "I do believe this should be enough." he says "The concept of money is still new to me." he admits "Shivers is usually the one who does the shopping." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:45 am

"That's enough and its fine." Samantha said as she took the man's hand to help her up.

"You two have fun." Masako said to the two giving them a friendly wave before going back to work on her own.

Samantha held his hand as they walked outside. "You'll get the hang of it more you do it. If I may ask, how did you meet Shivers?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:49 pm

Vaazlahkol thinks for a moment "I the poor creature, lost in the mountains, being accosted by Hooligans, and when I showed up, they all ran as if they had been scared into a previous and better incarnation of themselves and since then, Shivers had pledged his loyalty to me." he explains "I've come to depend on his understanding of this world's goings on and I will be deeply saddened when it comes time for me to lay his soul to rest."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:19 am

Despite reservations of undead, Samantha was trying to be more open minded about things. So to that end she was considering maybe it wouldn't hurt to meet Shivers. "Perhaps I can meet them one of these days then before then. If that's all right with you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next