A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done

2 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done - Page 11 Empty Re: A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:56 am

Masako didn't know much of anything about the deities of those two worlds. To be honest she didn't even think deities were even real until meeting the man they knew in front of them. So if he said it should be safe for him to go to either then she'd trust his judgement on it. It wasn't like she nor Samantha really knew much of anything about it.

"So then if you and Deathwing are here is it possible any of the others may be here to?"
Masako asked them, but seemed like it was just him. Not unless others were just curious.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done - Page 11 Empty Re: A Matchmakers Work Is Never Done

Post by Namey Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:12 am

Vaazlahkol shakes his head "No. I do not believe so." he says "They need to take up the duties left behind by both me and Deathwing and since War and Death are not their realms, they must work extra hard to fill in our absents." he explains.

He looks around a bit "Masako, if I may ask. What do you know of these mountains?" he asks "Are there others of your kind dwelling up here?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:25 am

Samantha wondered why a War deity was needed if a life deity wasn't since most mortals from what she could tell were rather adept at making that at their own. It was only recently that things had calmed down and become a lot more stable in Noreal. Well, recently by longer lived races standards anyway.

"A decent amount." Masako said. "These mountains aren't as populated as some of the others, so sometimes you do see other Oni and nonhumans make their homes here. Some are friendly and others not as much, just depends. There are Oni and other Non humans I know around these parts." Some were just by themselves, others had their familes it just really did depend like everyone else.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:25 pm

Vaazlahkol nods I'm acknowledgement "Thank you for this new in site." he says as he focuses on a certain point in the trees "We are being observed by one of your mountain brethren." he says as he nods "Just there. They do not think I can see them, but I can. Even when pointing out their hiding spot, they still believe they have gone undetected."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:37 pm

"Probably just seeing who we are and if we're a threat is all." Masako reasoned. "Oni can sense other Oni so they may have known I was here relatively soon." They could be hostile, but she didn't believe so and even if they were with Samantha and Vaaz here she wasn't worried. "How many do you see?"

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:23 am

Vaazlahkol smiles a sad smile "Will the wonders of your kind never cease to amaze?" he asks as he looks back to the spot "Just one. A young girl. She does not seem to be alone out here... I sense one other Oni woman as well, but she is away..." he says as he seems to concentrate on.something "It is just the two of them in this area of the mountains." he remarks as he looks over to the two ladies "Shall we introduce ourselves?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:07 am

Samantha did feel a bit of her maternal instincs flare up at that part. Maybe it was a mother and daughter pair, or siblings? "I think so, but we should be careful not to scare them."

Masako was pleased by those words, but now it was time to focus and so she headed to where the girl was supposedly, cautiously and slowly. "Hello there. We know you're out there and we mean you no harm."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:53 am

There was no reply from whomever it was, but they could be seen running between the trees. It was a young Oni Girl, but she seemed to want to stay hidden from them.

Something seemed to dawn on Vaazlahkol "Ah. I believe my presents is keeping the young one at bay..." he says "If I were to, momentarily step out, as it were, you could possibly communicate with her." he offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:51 am

Samantha was thinking it was probably a good thing she didn't go into her Draner form. It might of made the young girl even more intimidated to approach, or more curious. In her experience it was usually one of the two who had never seen her kind in person.

"We could try." Masako said after a moment. "I think I've seen the girl before in my shop." It would make sense they be more weary of being around strangers, much less a young girl around a grown man. Anyone remotely responsible would tell their young sibling/relative to do the same.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:45 am

Vaazlahkol takes this as his cue to leave and just like that, he was gone. The little Oni girl peeks her head out "That man is very scary..." she says "Hello again, Miss lady..." she says, looking at Masako "You look different... have yoyr eyes always been purple like that?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:53 pm

Masako wondered about that and was confused. "..No. My eyes are normally on the red side.." She was a bit worried but settled down, maybe it was nothing major. She hoped. "You can call me Masako and this is my friend Samantha. Why did call that man scary?"

This was enough to concern Samantha so she added. "Would you mind if I scanned your Ki to see if I pick up anything unusual Masako?" Maybe there was something to it, if not perhaps Vaazlahkol could pick it up when he came back.

"Of course you can try."
Masako wanted to know if something was wrong to. Given all the supernatural and strange things she ran into it didn't hurt to be careful.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:25 am

Samantha only felt Oni energy "He's scary because he looks like he's falling apart. Just like Samantha looks like a big gold dragon, he looks like a big dead one." she says, pretty much saying that she could see them in their alternate forms and confirms that Vaazlahkol's is quite unsettling to behold.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:11 am

"I don't feel anything off."
Samantha was a bit dissapointed in herself, one's eyes just didn't change color. There could be a number of reasons of why but it really did depend on what exactly it was. The fact the young girl could see things like that was interesting. "And he may look scary, but they're a very gentle good person. Hope my other form doesn't throw you off if you can see it."

Masako fully agreed with that, just a shame for all their power it seemed to be the one thing they couldn't change. "So then, you can see people's other forms if they have any? That's a interesting gift."

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:08 am

The young Oni girl shakes her head "No. I can see so many things. Not just what others Really look like, but the future... the past... all Kinds of things." she says as she comes out from behind the tree "My name is Arai..." she says, introducing herself.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:04 pm

Masako smiled warmly to that. "It's nice to hear your name from the last time we met. I'm not likely telling you anything you don't already know but you should be careful of the people you tell that to. Then again, maybe your sight can help you on who to trust?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Arai nods "I know I can trust you, miss Masako..." she says "You tried to help me and my sister when we came to your shop." she reminds the older woman "Now let me help you..." she says as she focuses on Masako "You are unwell... you are sick... I see you have... a bug that's... going force you to look for something... and you won't even know it..." she says, reading Masako's future "But you'll over come this bug... with the help of the divine..." she says as she blinks a few times "Oh! And don't touch any other Oni either. You'll pass the infection on to them as well." she says as she turns towards a voice in the distance calling to her "I gotta go now. Good luck!" she calls as she takes off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:37 am

Masako waved to the young woman as she headed off before turning to Samantha. "That was..interesting. I had no idea I was sick but the fact they said bug makes me almost think of a parasite. That's giving me the creeps of something inside. Only other good part is I haven't ran into any Oni besides those two if that's when I caught it."

"At least you know now, but its not a normal illness if it compelling you to do something." Samantha said. "Wonder how you caught it and from whom.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:10 pm

"Where indeed..." Vaazlahkol says as he was just there once again "And if you caught it once, will you be able to catch it again?" he asks "As relaxing as it has been to be here with you both, I do believe it is time we were heading back." he suggests "And if it is alright with you, Masako, I would very much wish to take a closer inspection of your living chambers."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:00 pm

Both women were more then fine with that, they had enough of their relaxing for the time being.

Masako shook her head. "No, not at all. I want to find out what this and hopefully something that isn't spreading to more of my people."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:02 pm

Vaazlahkol nods "Then let us head off back to the city." he says to the ladies "Something is afoot and I intend to see it to the end." he says as he starts back the way they came.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:13 am

There was no argument from either of them on that front. So with that mind both women went to grab what few things they had and make sure camp was taken care of before they headed back. It had been a nice trip but as with all good things it had to come to a end for the time being.

Once all that was done, they headed straight back to the city and in particular Masako's place. It was a modest apartment with nothing too special about it, it felt strangely both homely and lonely at the same time if that somehow made sense. "Make yourselves at home. I'm not sure if anything I have will help solve the mystery but you're welcomed to look around."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:37 am

Vaazlahkol had taken off the backpack, but he doesn't sit down as he looks around the room "There is another soul here... or at the very least, part of a soul..." he says as he looks around the room, trying to find it.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:50 am

Masako was thinking for a moment, then something clicked. She remembered that one item she had found that apparently seemed connected to that young man who hadn't moved on she seen in her dreams. But something was kind of preventing her from showing them if anything the opposite.

Last edited by Sion Reaver on Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:54 am

Before Masako could even bring the orbs out of her room, she gets an almost overwhelming desire to Not show anyone the orb and to hide and protect it like it was the single more important object she could ever possess.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:56 am

Samantha had noticed Masako acting strange as she made her way a bit more quickly to her room which caused her to raise a brow. "Are you all right?"

"I'm, fine. Just uh making sure my room is presentable is al."
Masako said, her voice sounding a bit off. Internally she knew something was wrong but she couldn't spit it out even if she wanted to.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next