Work And Play

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Work And Play Empty Work And Play

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:28 am

Out of all the things Ava Everheart imagined her life turning out and ending up, the last place she would have expected was to end up on earth. In those days the original plan was to retire from Galaxy Police on Alus, get a nice less stressful job she enjoyed and settle down. Instead she got stuck in the middle of nowhere on a planet she only knew a bit about from second hand information. Earth wasn't Alus by a long shot and it wasn't a place she normally go on her own if it had been her own choice.

There was humans which she heard, but there was also their related race named Zoanthropes which looked closer to her kind which she got mistaken with. That of course meant she had to put with same prejudices at times that came for that. Ava was by no means a soft person and had something of a thick skin, but as a woman it did hurt her self esteem a bit to know many look at her oddly where she was fairly confident in her looks normally. She could say with a decent amount of certainty she would of had someone by now on Alus or the other worlds she been to.

That being said, earth wasn't all gloom and doom and there were more people more accepting, her latest employment at the Last Maiden which had been moved back to New York was proof of that. Though to also be fair they weren't human either.

Ava stepped into the Last Maiden, spotting Devin at the desk but he did look their way when the door bell jiggled as it opened signaling someone had entered.[colorwhite] "Hey. How did it go?"
[/color]
Ava shook her head slightly as she placed a soda on his desk, then another for Danny. "All right. Turned out not be anything major but the case got solved. Danny in?" She had been told her voice had an accent to it that was hard to place, she figured it had something to do with where she grew up.

Devin shrugged. "He might or might be out. Never know. You going to work on your pride and joy in the back?"

"Of course. I can't keep her waiting for long. If you need me I'll be in the back." Devin didn't want anything else so with that in mind Ava went into the back, not before going to change in a jean and a tank top in the dressing room for her work.

In the backyard was a old bike, it had seen better days however it was besides the point as she planned on fixing the thing up. Besides, working on these sorts of things was relaxing and took her mind off her troubles.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Work And Play Empty Re: Work And Play

Post by Namey Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:03 pm

Danny comes trundling on in, he looked pissed. He throws his coat off and slams his holster and blaster on his desk "Well, the dock case was a Huge waste of time!" he grumbles "When I got there, the dock foreman told me that our services were no longer required and that he contacted the damn Hunters to deal with the problem." he bitches.

Over the past few months, the Hunters have gotten more and more active, even going as far as calling themselves a branch of the normal law enforcement agencies, which now made it harder for private firm's like theirs to get any business.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:19 pm

Devin looked up from reading his magazine when Danny strode in upset about the latest job. "Tough break, guess why Ava was kinda annoyed earlier. It's been a bit more of a pain in the ass since the Hunters got more active. I've been thinking about finding the niche cases they likely won't take but been as a lost of what exactly."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:04 am

Danny shakes his head "I don't think that's good enough..." he says as h pulls a bottle of Jack out of the small cooler under his desk "I say we cut out All Human clients and just focus on the non Human ones.The Hunters won't help them out, as their Prescious treaty won't let them." he points out as he pours himself a drink.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:25 pm

"Its probably worth a shot, at this rate. That could our niche."
Devin would have to keep his nose to the ground and get into some old contacts to see what he could get together.

"I swear its always something.." Ava grumbled to herself as she came back a bit earlier then expected as she sat down in her own spot. Still there was no use to dwelling on things as it was a waste of energy. "Afternoon Danny, you're back a bit early."

"It didn't go too well, the Hunter took the job apparently so we decided to find our niche." Devin explained. "And that is maybe moving our cliente to just non humans. I was thinking of trying to get into contact with some older friends but in the mean time could you do some website stuff for me? You're better at that stuff to me."

"I don't see why not. Anything in particular you want changed?"
Ava asked them.

"Nah. Besides the change I'll trust your judgement unless something hits me or Danny has an idea."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:39 am

If he wasn't still pissed at the Hunters, Danny would have made a fuss that he knew how to use a computer as well. But he Was still pissed and decided to drink his troubles away.

He shakes his head as he pours himself another drink "No." he mumbles. He was going to go looking for some clients and maybe make some calls of his own. His 'Associate' Osiris was good with getting information, he would ask him a few things.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:23 am

Devin was going to say more but decided to leave it be for when Danny was in a less crabby mood. It wasn't that he didn't trust Danny to do the website thing, just being around so long he knew a bit of everything so it wasn't as if it was the only thing but he supposed it didn't matter.

In the mean time while Ava and Danny did their own thing, he decided to do some research on something on the computer. Basically, to see if anything news worthy was happening on the non human side, not easy to find but there were limited ways.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:14 pm

There Really wasn't much in the way of news, aside from the news of the Djinn (of Elemental Demons) causing trouble and trying to gather support for some kind of massive rally amongst other non humans.

So far, the Hunters have made a few arrests in the matter, but the leades remain strong, as does their cause, whoch, for the moment, was anyone's guess.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Devin didn't find too much, though the story was enough for him to keep his eye out. If something wasn't done then he could see this being a potential powdered keg. He didn't think the Hunters could quell this, this was the sort of thing that required diplomancy and other things, something the Hunters probably didn't have the political capital to do with not having the best reputation.

Not my problem..least for now. Definitely gonna keep tabs on it though.

Finally he closed his browser. "I'm gonna head out for a walk. If you need anything give me a call." His coat was on the rack, though truthfully he had no idea where he was going just needed to get out.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:11 am

There was Absolutely nothing going on, aside from the normal New York stuff. Ava was doing her thing, and Danny was still drinking his problems away. As he often did.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:41 pm

While Devin was up and about, Ava was finishing up a few things though she did get slightly worried about Danny at times. When things went bad, they tended to drink more heavily. Everyone dealt with things and certainly he was a grown adult she just worried where it may possibly lead one day having seen it before.

Ava went into the back to get her proper shirt on, since she was thinking of heading out. The idea in her head was to offer if he wanted to come with her to give him something to do other then drink. Good chance he may say no, but it was worth a shot. "I'm going to head out to get something to eat, did you want to come? Or something back?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Danny thinks for a bit "Some Chinese food. Mandarin chicken and chow mien." he says. He was feeling hungry and while it wasn't Exactly dinner time, he was certain exceptions could be made.

The front door opens and a Young Woman comes walking in "Um, hello..." she says in a small voice "Is this, the, uh, paranormal detectives?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:31 pm

"All right. There's a good place nearby so I'll be back soon.."
Ava was just about to leave when the door came open with a young woman coming through. Their speech and body language gave the impression they were nervous or shy.

"That would be us." Ava said with a reassuring smile. "May we help you with something?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Danny gets up, putting his bottle away "I'll take care of this." he says, as he grabs a data padd. It was rare that Danny volunteered to take a case, always running back up or something else.

He walks over to the young woman "I'm Daniel Light, come on over to my desk and we'll see what we can do for you, miss..." he says.

"O-oh, um, My name is Tracy..., uh, Tracy Marsh." she says as she follows Danny on over to his desk.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Ava let him have it, besides if it kept him distracted from his mood earlier then she was further for it. In the mean time she supposed she go get him something to eat as planned before heading back. "I'll be right back." Besides that, he probably be done or close to it by the time she got back.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Ava was right, Danny was finished and Tracy was already gone. He had a disturbed look on his face. He had his bottle back out and a couple of glasses on his desk. He was waiting for Devin to get back. They had something to talk about, something that concerned a past case of theirs.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:38 pm

Ava and Devin came in together a bit later, the former having brought some of the Chinese food from earlier. "Sorry for the wait had a few other things pop up. ..Something wrong man?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Danny fills both glasses and slides one over to Devin "I took on a case this afternoon that had a very familiar story." he says as he also slides a couple of case files over "Let's talk." he says.

He fills Devin in on who their client is. A young woman by the name of Tracy, who is being stalked by a ghost or phantom-like creature. According to her, it started about half a year ago.

Danny says that Tracy believes that it had followed her from some place. Where, exactly, she couldn't remember, but she said it was a nightmare. And what she described, sounded exactly like Heavenly Host Elementary. The place where, if you died there, you were forgotten and erased from the world.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:47 am

Devin didn't like the sound of that, as a supernatural race he was more..sensitive to such places the same as physics and such as well because of what they were.

"I thought we were done with that place.."
Devin mumbled, before shaking his head. "But yeah, we need to help them. Trouble is, if its an spirit-like being following her it becomes a bit trickier since I'm not the best equipped with that. In theory, my angelic energy should do something, but I never bothered with spirits. Worse comes to worse, I'll call a favor for a friend. Unless you have something."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:23 am

Danny shakes his head "Nope. I'm all out of favors. I used my last one to help Leon." he says "I can get in contact with one of my sources and see what they can do, as far as getting someone to help." he offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:52 pm

Devin should of figured, he wondered how Leon and his family were doing but not like he could check on them like he could with Catherine. After a bit, he accepted. "Then if you can, go for it. No guarantee I'll get something on my end."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Danny nods "I think we should assign someone to watch after Tracy, just incase this phantom comes back, we could see about getting some info, because her description of the thing is pretty vague..." he says as he looks at the report "It's humanoid in shape and size and like a black mist with red eyes..." he reads "It sounds like a 'Shadow Person' that people seem to see all over the place." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Devin wasn't too sure how helpful he'd be against spirit-like beings, in theory he should have some effect due to him being a supernatural being. It wasn't like he went out of the way to mess with them, and when he was a Hunter, that was what other people dealt with. "I could look after them in the mean time while you and Ava hold the fort down here. That way you can look into what you need to as well."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Danny had no intentions of holding the fort, but... he would stay behind. After all, Someone needed to watch the office. Besides, his drinks were here and since taking on this case, he was feeling Quite thirsty.

He often wondered why Devin didn't fire him for drinking on the job. He knew One of the reasons, Danny was loaded. He also liked to think of himself as a decent investigator as well as well connected. But the truth was, Devin was Twice the investigator he was and had even More connections on Earth.

The front door opens and some street punk looking guy comes in "Hey, are you guys the ghost cops? I have a problem and I don't know what to do about it." he says as he looks around.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:30 pm

Devin wasn't sure why it hadn't occurred to him but why not get a Rish Sheppeard? They were basically made with dealing with spirits, wraiths and everything else along those lines. Not one could exactly get one easily especially on earth but he knew people, who knew people. Maybe he'd offer Tracy a pick of a puppy of a litter when things were said and done, it be good protection just in case for similar incidents. If nothing else, state of mind and a good friend assuming she liked dogs to begin with.

..But as the other person came in, he was really, really considering finding someone good with dealing with ghost. This had been the second time in a day. He was going to ask Ava and Danny about that later.

"More investigators, but yeah. What can we help you with?" Devin asked them.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next