The New Life

2 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The New Life - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Life

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Calvine shrugged a bit. "She was by my standards beauty of the eye of the beholder and all, it was purely professional though even if the perfume kinda suggest otherwise." Normally he wasn't a drinking person but it didn't pay to be a stick in the mud all the time so he'd go there and relax a bit.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Cedrick nods slowly "If you take her up on her offer, I would suggest keeping an eye on her." she says "Chances are good that she is exactly what she seems to be, however." she says, looking over to Calvine "I would like to meet this woman, if it is alright."
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 12, 2018 10:07 pm

"Yeah I know. More then likely its nothing but it never hurts to be sure..
" At the question he paused, then nodded. "Sure if you want." He did briefly wonder why she asked if he found her attractive but didn't think too much on it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Cedrick nods "We are here." she says as they arrive at a small noodle shop. It has a small seating area and was partly outdoors.

Cedrick orders two bowls of her usual and a bottle of sake. Rice wine was an acquired taste, but she liked it.

She wanted to make sure they had enough for the two of them, as there were some things she needed to talk to Calvine about.

When her order came, Cedrick reaches into her bag and pulls out a data padd and hands it over to Calvine "The mixture of this latest test is on the mark, but I have doubts the mixture chamber can handle a full power test..." she says as she starts on her food "I am certain I will be needing a new mixture chamber to continue, but I lack the knowledge to build one on my own." she says, pouring both of them a drink.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Calvine listened patiently as he drank from his cup, waiting until she finished before speaking up again. "That where I would come in normally, but as I said kind of tied up. Once the paper work matter is dealt with, I'll get to working some new mixture chambers for you soon as I can. Even make a few extra, just in case."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Cedrick nods slowly, thinking. She always seemed to be thinking "I would like to help you in the construction of the mixture chambers. That way I will know how to make them." she says "I would also like to learn how to make other things for the ship, like the impulse engines and perhaps the shields as well."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 14, 2018 10:47 pm

"Sure, I could do that. The more you know, the more it helps me with things and takes a bit less burden off of me. Is there anything else tech wise you want to learn to make but isn't ship related?"
It might not be, but you never know and sharing knowledge was something he liked.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 15, 2018 8:38 am

Cedrick thinks for a bit, then shakes her head 'Nothing comes to my mind at the moment. Maybe in the future I will ask to be taught to ow to make things like you and Ness do." she says "Though, I had been thinking, would it be the right time for us to release holodeck technology to the world? With some strict programming safeguards to prevent people from becoming addicted to it, of course." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 15, 2018 10:51 am

"Hm..."

Calvine had thought about it, but held off on it due to the fact there were other more important things going on at the given moment. "If we have some good safety in place for that, I'd be all for it. It's not high on my to do list but I can definitely start working on it later."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Cedrick nods "We can take a cue from the Viceroy and its holodecks, by adding a mandatory time limit of two, or so, hours. Just incase someone wants to watch a movie or something of that nature." she suggests "With a cool down time of a half hour." she says.

"I have little doubt that they will be big sellers with privet security companies and certain manufacturers." she says "And you know that, if made affordable, they would have a market with the privet sector and you could even make some special ones and donate them to schools." she continues "If I knew schools had things like holodecks, I might have tried going."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Calvine more or less agreed completely with the idea. "It's a good idea, I'll look into it when I get things going. The school thing isn't a bad idea at all. When I was in school, I found it pretty boring so that might help a bit for the older students. School was a pretty mixed bag when I went, I don't miss it. I guess if nothing else it forced me to be a bit more social."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Cedrick eyes Calvine "Nothing is keeping you from Being social." she points out "If nothing, I would suggest you put yourself out there as much as you can. Make a good image for your company." she says "Espen Goldsmith could help with that. His company Has image consultants that you can hire." she says "And speaking of whom, I had talked to Anita and she said she would ask around for someone to help out, however, I believe a call from you would speed this search up greatly." she suggests.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Calvine shook his head. "Eh. I think I'm fine now, I was referring to back then. I was pretty anti social but your ideas aren't bad ones. The image thing I only briefly toyed with so may be about time to cash in on them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Cedrick nods slowly, thinking once again. Calvine would do what he's always done. Like Ness, he would help people. That's why the two were good friends and made an even better team, she had noticed.

She looks over to Calvine "Why do we not use the NS-5s to help out with building the mixture chambers and the holodecks?" she suggests "I have the schematics of both, and more, on the data pads Ness left behind. I just need to upload them into the memories of the robots and they can make everything for us."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Calvine could of slapped his forheead for that. "This is sorta a 'duh' moment to me, I have no idea why I didn't think that. Probably due to handling so many things at once it slipped my mind, thanks for that. " This was another he liked having them around besides her company, she seemed to see things he overlooked. Being easy on the eyes didn't hurt either being a small bonus.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Cedrick nods "I shall begin program upload when I get to the office tomorrow." she says "On a different note, I have heard rumors that Ultra-Tech has something big planned. As of right now, I am unsure what that is, but I know someone who might." she says the last part in a low voice, meaning she didn't want anyone else to overhear "Either way, I feel we should be on the look out for suspicious behavior amongst the employees." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Calvine wondered what it could be, regardless they couldn't afford t take it lightly. "It makes sense they'd try something, we gotta be careful as a just in case thing. Once we get the ship flying and such, i think we'll have things more or less cemented for the most part. Until then though."

"Once we get that done, I guess I'll think about getting a crew together that represents earth as the first space travelers. Kinda bit ways off."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Cedrick nods slowly "I would suggest that the crew be made up of mostly Humans and Zoanthropes. Races that are indigenous to Earth. That way any other worldly life we encounter, will know what to expect if they decide to visit." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 17, 2018 7:04 pm

"Good idea. That would make the most sense for a earth space farring ship to have the two main native races on it mostly. It's still a bit off from that but its something to work on. The NS-5's will make our lives a Lot easier far as manufacturing things for that effort and others. "

He would have to think of a good name, maybe he look into older sailing ships when ocean spanning was still new for inspiration for ideas in that matter. You know, when he had the time among other things.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Cedrick eyes Calvine, almost as if she knew what he was thinking "If you name it the Enterprise, I will lock it down." she says and for only the second time in her life, Cedrick cracks a joke.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 18, 2018 11:53 am

Calvine was a bit surprised at hearing that at firs before he chuckled. "Yeah, no worries on that front. It'll be something a bit more original, if you have a idea on that front when time comes shoot it my way." He didn't really have any plans for after this but he that was perfectly fine since not everything needed to be planned in depth. Just enjoying a friend's company and going with the flow worked just as well at times.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Cedrick takes the data padd and puts it away "That is all I have to talk about, as far as business goes." she says "How have you been handling all the stress that these talks have been putting on you?" she asks "Remember, the other employees can also see the stress it's putting on you and that could effect how they work." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Calvine gave a small sigh at that, he felt that might of been coming. "About as well as I can. There's just a lot of things that need to be done, I feel I need a short break or some kind of stress relief but again don't have the time. Though if I continue like this I'll burn out, so maybe just a day to myself is what I need. Its not like I can't take a single day off each week.

He also needed to visit his mother who had Sydney currently, it was kind of iroinic the little girl actually looked forward to seeing Cedrick these days after getting over being scared of them.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 am

Cedrick nods "If you feel one day will suffice, though I would suggest two, like any normal person." she says "If things get too bad, I would also recommend calling Espen Goldsmith personally."

She stands, after putting her things away "If nothing else, get one o the robots to step in from time to time, especially on days where you feel a bit burnt out" she suggests again.

"You do not have to worry about them trying to take over." she says "Ness has reworked them and their code so that they will not try to take over the world." she assures.

"And with that, I shall take my leave. Have a pleasant evening." she says as she heads over to pay for their drinks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 23, 2018 12:37 pm

"You too. Have a good one." Calvine decided he was going to head home and give Isabelle a call to let them know he was all right with the partnership. That was assuming of course, she was around at the given time but he could also just leave a message.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next