Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

2 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 4 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:47 am

Ava shrugged. "Point I guess. Just a combination of things prior had me on edge."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Experimentation Requires Sacrifice  - Page 4 Empty Re: Experimentation Requires Sacrifice

Post by Namey Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:06 pm

As Devin heads to the home of the client, there was an unmarked car at the residence with government plates. It seems the authorities were there doing their thing as well. Han told him the police had been called, so running into another department was to be expected.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:36 pm

Devin arrived before too long and sure enough there was some government already there which wasn't a surprise. He did wonder why he was called if the police was involved but figured it was just the extra help.

He knocked on the door as he waited for his client to come up.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:49 pm

After about a minuet, the door opens and there was a Young Woman wearing a flack vest and a hat that read ATF on it "Yes, can I help you?" she asks.

An older man comes over "That's the detective I told you about." he says as he holds a hand out to Devin "Thank you for taking my case on such short notice. I'm Thomas Wednesday. Please come in." he says.

The ATF lady was eyeing Devin suspiciously "I'm Agent Clementine..." she says as she flashes her badge, which has her full name of Dixie Mae Clementine on it "ATF... I'll be the ine in charge of this investigation. So that means You answer to Me. Understand?" she asks, trying to be a big shot, which was hard considering she was barely over five foot.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:02 pm

Devin didn't care who was in charge or not. As long as the job was done and such that's all that mattered. Ego's came and died when it came to other people. "Fine with me. So what do you have so far?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:10 pm

Clementine shakes her head "It would look like a standard smash and grab at first, but whomever it was Only went for the guns, which tells us that was there target from the begining." she says "We had recovered some fingerprints, but we can't get a match on them."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:56 am

"Hm. That's pretty curious.."
The guns most of had some type of value that wasn't obvious if they were the only thing targeted. If it was about money other things would of been stolen to sell and curiously nothing else was which meant they didn't care about money at least in this area.

"Is there anything unusual about these guns you know about no matter how far fetch it might sound?"
He asked his client.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:48 pm

The old man shakes his head "Not that I know of." he says "I got them because my great great grandfather had fought in the civil war." he explains.

Clemintine shakes her head as well "I also contacted the Hunters and asked about them, but they said they have nothing on file and they also said that unless someone comes to them with a 'Special' weapon, they don't really keep files for them." she explains

"Still, I got some contacts that I can get ahold of to see if there's been any chatter about the sales of any antique weapons or not." she says as she gives the older man her card, casts a look at Devin, in fact, looking him over, her eyes lingering on his wings, before she heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:22 am

Devin didn't pay the young woman any mind if she was in fact checking him out, still focusing on his job. "Well, that makes the case more curious. Did these weapons have any nicknames or anything to them?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:27 pm

Clementine shrugs "I donno. I never thought to ask, as it didn't seem important." she says as she heads to her car.

The client nods to Devin "Yes. One of the rifles was called 'The Devil's Rifle', because it never missed a shot." he says "Over the centuries it was determined that the rifle got it's name because of the man who owned it. In life, he was an exceptional shot and I'm death, his legend lived on as the man who made a deal with the Devil to have the ability to never miss a shot that he fired." he explains "But, that's just a story."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:33 pm

Devin nodded, taking some notes to sketch down on a pad. He could write off profit as a motive or at least a main one since nothing else was stolen they could make money off of. If not money then if this story was true someone would either use it for themselves as a weapon or to give someone. 'A civil war era weapon would be crap never missing or not but I'm guessing if true more to it.'

"Thank you, every little bit helps with cases like these." Devin said. "Can I get this man's name? I want to do some research on them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:33 pm

Thomas nods "Of course. The man's name was Lieutenant Eobard Jackson with the Union Army." he says as he points to a picture where a rifle would have been. The man was the typical Union Army soldier. Union uniform, hat, sidearm.He had a handlebar mustache and was holding the 'Devil's Rifle' in his arms.

Thomas walks over to the picture "He was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his successful defense of a strategically important pass that would have given the Confederates a way to circumnavigate the Union's defensive." he explains "When they found him, he was surrounded by the bodies of more than ten Confederate soldiers." he says.

"I'm going to have to verify that, but from what you said,I it sounds like he was one helluva soldier." Agent Clementine says, having made her way back inside.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:36 pm

Devin put that down on his notes, it was a little bit to work with. He would do some digging on it, perhaps Rodin would know about these weapons? It was certainly worth a try. He had wanted to buy some weapons from the man anyway the next time he was there. "Thank you Mr. Thomas. It doesn't sound like a lot but this helps me for a start."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:42 am

Agent Clementine shakes her head "On the contrary, you've been most helpful, Mister Wednesday." she says "Rest assured that we'll do everything we can to get your collection back to you." she says as she tips her hat "Good day, sir. We'll be in touch." she says as she heads out, casting a a glare at Devin as she leaves for her car.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:23 am

"I'll be out for now, thank you for your time." Devin gave the man his card so contact on his work phone; he had it seperate from his normal one for sanity sake. After that he headed out to go back to the Last Maiden so he could do begin the boring act of research, it very well could take a bit.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:14 am

Kyoko knocks on Devin door "Hey, Dev. There was a woman looking for you." she says as she holds up the picture she took. There wasn't much to see, as the woman has her coat, mask, and sunglasses on "She left no contact info and no name. But from what we Guess, she's likely a vampire like Elizabeth." she explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:38 am

Devin looked the picture over, nothing too much. "So they came all the the way in the daytime, which was important but didn't bother leaving contact information. That's really strange." He wasn't sure what to think of that but it made no sense to him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:24 pm

Kyoko shrugs "Maybe. Or, what she had to tell you was too important to just leave for anyone to be able to find out." she reasons "There are times, when I was on a mission, that I couldn't risk leaving any trace that I was ever at a certain location, for risk of the knowledge that I was there, falling into the enemy hands. Maybe this is one of those times." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:32 pm

Devin conceded the point. "That may be true. The next time if they show up ask them if they can stay at least a little bit if I'm out. If I'm not tied up, I'll try to make a bee line over here."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:38 pm

Kyoko nods "I'll try to get something more than what I got now if she comes in again." she says as she heads out.

Kyoko heads out of the office, saying she would get lunch for everyone today. Chelsea knocks on Devin door and peaks in "Hey boss. I have a problem. Can I come on in?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:50 am

Devin wasn't sure what she wanted, but he also wasn't dumb. If it was the other kind of 'help' he couldn't really help them with that. Considering Elizabeth and how lucky he had gotten off as is it best not to put him a potential situation again in the first place. He wasn't just going go with other women, otherwise he'd try with Mathilda if she was up for it.

"I'll come to you." He said, putting his stuff away before coming out of the office. "What did you need?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:43 am

Chelsea frowns "It's a Private matter..." she says "And while I wouldn't care about talking about it where absolutely everyone can hear it, I doubt you would enjoy this conversation very much." she says.

Mathilda quarks a brow "Oh? Well now, I Am intrigued. Do continue." she says, crossing her legs as she listens to the two of them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:48 am

It seemed there was at least one person still there, since Ava had left as well when he thought Mathilda wasn't present. "Right. To the office then." He went back inside and closed the door. "Sorry about that, thought Mathilda was gone to. What did you want to talk about?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:14 am

Chelsea seemed annoyed about something "You know, I Was originally going to come in here and talk about that round two you promised me..." she says, confirming what Devin suspected "However, I got to thinking and what we did was probably wrong..." she mumbles "So, I feel it's best if we not put ourselves in a position where that could happen again, because I can very well see it happening again..." she explains "So... I'm going to have to resign from here." she says as she takes her glasses off and sets them on his desk "As long as I'm still here, I'm always gonna wanna bone you. So it's best that I'm not here." she says as she turns and starts out, walking out of the building without saying a word.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:46 pm

"Wait." Devin said before she left. "Is there really no way we can't work this out?" He already had Oka and her sister leave because of his mistake, he was hoping not to have someone else leave because of it if he could help it. It may not be something for it this time but didn't hurt to try.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum