Piece by Peace

2 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Piece by Peace - Page 15 Empty Re: Piece by Peace

Post by Namey Mon May 03, 2021 3:07 pm

Han, once more, shakes his head "Aren't you jumping the gun a bit too much?" he asks "We don't know the intentions of this person. He could mean Tracy no harm at all." he points out.

It was Kyoko's turn to shake her head "Or he could very well mean to do her harm." she counters "The point is, we know nothing about them or their motives. Plus, it's better to assume the worst and be prepared for it, then get caught with our panties around our ankles." she says in a huff. Normally Kyoko was a bit more professional in how she delt with things.

Han holds up a hand "Your point has been made. I'm simply suggesting that we not automatically assume the worst and be cautiously optimistic. He could only wish to help Tracy." he reiterates.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 03, 2021 3:24 pm

"I think a middle ground probably best. Hope for the best but expect the worse. Even though it could be for anything, the bad feeling and 'Tracy can be useful for something' to someone doesn't exactly inspire confidence with our track record."
Devin reasoned. "I think that's about everything though with what little we have to go on. I'm going to head out then, but if anything else happens let me know"

He did wonder if he should tell Dysis or not, not like he could do anything and it just worry them. He was kind of two mind's about it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 08, 2021 9:49 am

"I wouldn't recommend doing that... Maya says, clearly reading Devin's mind "If you tell Dysis, he'll likely tell the Hunters and Tracy's family wants to keep the weird away from her." she points out.

She walks over to Devin and holds out an invoice "For the job we just finished. I believe the ghost will be back regardless of what we did today and I told the client this as well." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 08, 2021 10:53 am

Devin would of been more annoyed of just having his mind read,  but this was a different case. "Thanks for the advice, but doesn't seem the strangeness is done with them just yet. Was that your last case for the night?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 11, 2021 10:56 am

Maya nods as she wanders over to Tracy's room "Yes. Akane went back to our apartment while I drop off the payment..." she places a hand on the door "Imagine my surprise... when everyone was gone..." she says, sounding distracted.

She takes her hand away from the door "Oh wow. She's really hating life right now and boy is she depressed. Aki would have a ball on her emotions." she says as she turns and starts off "I'll see you tomorrow." she says as she heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Devin really wished there was more they could do for Tracy, but for the moment they had done all that they could have. In the mean time he headed back to Elizabeth's place to get some rest on the couch. Their appointment wasn't tomorrow night but the next one after the fact so that gave them a bit of time to get sorted.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 11, 2021 2:08 pm

Elizabeth wasn't home and she left a note for Devin saying she had something important to take care of and that she probably wouldn't be back until very late in the morning.

And sure enough, at about five in the morning, Elizabeth comes back. She looked tired and she heads to the bathroom, grabs a quick shower, then heads to her room to sleep. All the while being as quiet as she could be to not wake Devin up.

At the office, Danny kicks the door open, as he usually does, and heads to his desk. Pulls out a manila envelope, takes his coat off (hanging it up) and dumps himself in his chair. He looked tired and he felt so very old.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 11, 2021 3:24 pm

Devin didn't think too much of it, even if part of him was curious of what it may have been, but since night was effectively her day time she had to make the most of it.  He wasn't one of those demanding and insecure boyfriends that always had to know where their partner was when they were out.  Nothing had set off his spidey sense thus far.

He had fallen asleep before the young woman had come, only waking up a bit when the entered and snuck around.  He was tempted to talk to them but decided to just let them rest. It was kind of odd, since usually the young woman was usually at a decent amount of energy even at this time.

The tiny nagging and gut instinct wouldn't leave him alone unless he at least said good morning. "Morning Elizabeth.." He said slowly waking up a bit more. "I was gonna wake up early anyway so don't worry. I just wanted to say good morning but you look like you need to crash so I won't hold you up."
____

Ava was reading a magazine as Danny came in. She didn't even pay a attention where the door was kicked opened. "Morning Danny." She said idly without looking up at first, before noticing he looked tired and a bit older. "You all right?" Hopefully he didn't get more bad news or whatever he was doing hadn't gotten the answers he had wanted.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 14, 2021 10:15 am

Danny nods "Yeah. I'm fine. I just got ahold of one of my contacts and pulled the files of Maya and Akane and, well I now understand a little more about them." he says as he taps the manila envelope "Devin's gonna wanna see this when he gets here." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 14, 2021 11:19 am

"Wait. You just pulled their personal files?" Ava didn't know how to feel about that. They already were trying to get used to each other and such.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 14, 2021 11:48 am

Danny nods "Yeah. I pulled their personal files. I also pulled Aki and Oka's personal files. Same with yours, Han's, and Tracy's..." he says "I like to know who I'm really working with." he points out "You don't live as long as I have by being sloppy and complacent."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 14, 2021 12:00 pm

"I suppose so." Ava didn't say anything after, maybe she was thinking over what he said or agreed with him more or less so there wasn't as much to say.

"Morning you two." Devin said casually as he stepped inside
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 14, 2021 12:12 pm

After Devin comes in, Danny stands up and picks up the envelope "A word, boss?" he asks as he moves over to his office "I have something you're gonna want to see."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 14, 2021 12:37 pm

Devin could guess what it may of been but he didn't know. "Yeah that's fine." He wasn't sure what it was but he'd find out soon enough.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 15, 2021 6:15 pm

Danny holds the file over to Devin, once the two are in his office. Danny pulls out a small device and turns it on "This device is called the Cone of Silence. It'll let us talk in peace, so no one's privacy is compromised." he says.

"It seems that the reason that Akane is so cold to us guys, is because she's Androphobic." he says "Apparently, five years ago, Maya and Akane were tracking a suspect and were captured and aside from a bad beating and some humiliation, Maya got off easy." he explains.

"Akane wasn't so lucky. In addition to a severe beating, those thugs also had their way with her, for hours, so my contact says." he says in a low voice "They were soon saved by Athena Asamiya, Sie Kensou, and a rookie named Momoko." he continues "Akane soon transfered from detective work to being trained as a psycho soldier." he says "That all happened here, in New York."

Mathilda comes wandering in. She looked tired "Good morning everyone..." she says as she sets her coffee down on Danny's desk, as she stifled a yawn.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 15, 2021 11:14 pm

Devin hated hearing cases like these where it involved sexual assault. He'd seen enough of them whether it be his former job as a Hunter or even this. No matter how much he tried, he wasn't as hardened as he would of liked so it was a reason he got out of the Hunters; but this at times was no better. It didn't seem like he'd be able to get away from that sort of thing in this type of circle although..

"If my math is right, Akane was only fourteen when it happened and Maya was like twelve. You made it sound like they were doing detective work, but who the hell was letting a fourteen and twelve year old after some dangerous suspect. Unless they did it on their own" Devin said, feeling like he'd need a drink. "At least tell me all those involved are either beyond bars or not in this mortal coil anymore."

_______

"Morning." Ava greeted the young woman. "It's pretty dead right now but gives you time to get adjusted." She was probably going clock out for the rest of the day soon enough. She did her time and needed to get some sleep in to recover for the next time.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 16, 2021 10:14 pm

Danny shakes his head "You're focusing on the wrong thing again..." he says "Akane is damaged. Sure she's seen a shrink for it, but she's still afraid of men and working with us, we are going to be putting her in a position where she may encounter violent men again and her reaction is very uncertain." he explains "Now, as responsible adults, we shouldn't be putting Akane in that kind of position, but there is no real way to guarantee that we can keep her safe, after all, what we do can be dangerous." he points out "So, as much as it's good having a healer and psycho soldier on the team, we don't need an unstable element here."

Mathilda waves to Ava, not looking up from her phone "Have a good rest of the day." she says. She was Suppose to be heading to school by now, but she didn't feel like going today.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 pm

Devin shook his head a bit. "Not really, I can walk and chew bubble gum. As for Akane, what are you suggesting? That we just let them go after finding a excuse to do so since if this comes up, the how will after." He honestly had mixed feelings about it, but he didn't like giving up on people that easily. "That said, while she might not be crazy about men she hasn't shown anything to raise red flags. Her teacher Mike is also Very good when it comes to mental health stuff. I don't think she's as damaged as you say to whether either freeze or over react to a threat. If it makes you feel better, maybe look into if she had any fights with men or violent encounters if possible. She's been trained, it be stupid for Mike not see things even in a controlled enviomrnet."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Danny nods "Alright. I'll go and dig a little deeper and even put a call into Mike Anderson. I have said what I came to say. Do with my advice as you want" he says as he deactivates the cone of silence and heads to his desk to get his coat and heads on out once again.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 17, 2021 7:11 am

Devin figured there be more to it, but it was better to act or think with more information then jump the gun without full context of things. "That's fine. I'll talk to you later

He exited out the office, spotting a certain young Umbra Witch who was here kind of early considering. "Morning. You missed a bit of crazy stuff last night involving Tracy again, not sure if you saw my text. There was a young man who may been a Lumen Sage but we aren't sure, only Han scared them off and they wanted something with Tracy who they said could be 'useful' for something. Han still has the knife so maybe if you took a look could get a better idea if it was. No clue what they wanted."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 17, 2021 3:34 pm

Mathilda shakes her head "No. I got nothing last night because my phone was shut off due to me not having any money to pay my bill after my rent was paid." she explains

"But what do you mean by 'Han still has the knife'? You didn't mention anything about a knife." she points out.

She thinks for a moment "If he's interested in Tracy, it's probably because he wants to take her soul to Heaven or something, since she's suppose to be dead." she says as she gets up "I suppose I should go and check it out." she sighs "If her family shows up, I'll need someone to keep them away."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 17, 2021 7:05 pm

Devin shook his head slightly. "Went slightly ahead of myself, but the knife was the first hint that they tossed at Han before leaving. How much is your phone bill? I can pay for it this one time since its important you have it just in case."He didn't know how to handle Tracy's family thing, but he think of something if they showed up. Kyoko and Han were probably still there though.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 20, 2021 11:12 am

Mathilda hides her frown *This one time? Aren't you a multi-millionaire?* she thinks as she shakes her head "While I do appreciate the offer, I will take care of it on my own." she says as heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 21, 2021 8:43 am

"Up to you, its a open offer." He said. "Though hearing what you said, how about a raise? Not like I can't afford it at this point and you're not a college kid living with your parents or roomates. You need enough so you don't have to worry about the basics."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 23, 2021 6:42 pm

Mathilda nods "Now that's an offer I'd be a fool to refuse." she says "First, why don't I check on our possible Lumen Sage, yes?" she asks as she heads on out.

About five minuets later, Maya and Akane come wandering on in "Ohayōgozaimasu!" the young psychic says to anyone in the office. Which was just Devin at the moment.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum