Piece by Peace

2 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Piece by Peace - Page 14 Empty Re: Piece by Peace

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:43 pm

It was for stuff like this the reason Devin brought it up to discuss in the first place. Something like this shouldn't be taken lightly. However when or if they got to that point, he probably going have to figure something out either a work around with his job or a new one.

"No, you're right.." He began after thinking. "I want kids too one day and I want to give Cassia a home but I don't either of us, even together can unfortunately really take care of them with how things currently are. Between my current work schedule and you're sleeping one it be really difficult. I don't know know people in the Hunters manage to do it with their own small kids. Cassia seems to suffer from separation anxiety and loneliness so leaving them alone for that long isn't good as you said."

That all said, it was frustrating things hit a snag. It's not like he didn't want to, just there were things in the way.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:03 am

Elizabeth shakes her head "Now wait a minuet, I can always sleep when she's at school and have my bats keep an eye on her while I sleep, that way if anything bad happens to her, they'll get either one of us." she suggests.

Being a parent meant compromise and since there were two of them, she was certain they could manage.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:41 am

"That's true." Devin conceded in part. "So if we do this do you want be the one interviewed? Then again more then likely its probably going to be both of us maybe even if we don't live together." Only other downside he and Elizabeth would have less 'alone' time to themselves but that could be worked around and was part of the whole kid experience.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:53 am

When it came to the happiness of Cassia, who had already been through so much in her short life, Elizabeth would gladly sacrifice her 'alone time' with Devin to help the young Mamodo.

She shrugs "If we're both gonna be taking care of her, we should both be there for any interviews. It just make more sense that way." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:24 am

Devin nodded a bit to that. "I agree. Cassia has been through a lot so I want to make this work the best way I can. I'll send word in we're interested and then go from there. Who knows, Hunters may supply a bigger place like the last time with no charge. People can say what they want about them but they take the safety of children very seriously."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:06 pm

Elizabeth nods "So it's settled then? We're gonna see about taking Cassia?" she asks "So you should contact the Hunters tomorrow and set an interview. I'll down as much coffee as I need to, to stay awake for it!" she says as she clenches her fist in determination.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:58 am

"We have to see when the interview will be scheduled."
Devin said to the last part. "I think it be a good idea to get that first and at least get a couple of hours of sleep and wake up, say a hour or so before the interview. What's the bare mimum amount of sleep you need to function? Would five or six hours work?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:50 am

Elizabeth shrugs "Yeah, about five or six. The same amount as any normal person." she says. Sleep wasn't an automatic thing for her kind. They just slept at night because the sun hurt them was all.

"I say we call the Hunters as soon as we can to schedule an appointment on our terms." she says as she flips her long hair "That way we can show them how serious we are about Cassia." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:25 pm

Devin did think she had a point on that one."I'll give them a call now then. Should be someone up, should only take a minute." He got his cell phone and dialed so they could get it set up.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:34 am

After about a half hour, Devin had an appointment for him and Elizabeth to do an interview to see if they could get custody of Cassia.

As for Elizabeth, she had to get to class. She mentioned something about there being a test she needed to stay sharp for.

After she came back, it wasn't Too much of a headache for the Hunters to talk the school into reassigning her to the same class, in the same year, so now she needed to play catch up with the rest of her year.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:16 pm

Devin really did hope things worked out, they were going have to do their best before time came. He was just glad they got a appointment but in the mean time he'd just have to kill time and wait for Elizabeth to come back from school and her test.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:37 pm

It was later in the night when Elizabeth sends a text to Devin telling him that she ran into some old friends and that she was going to hang out and catch up with them and not to wait up for her as she would be back later that night.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:43 pm

Devin read the text before putting the phone away, though he'd keep it nearby in case he got something else or he got another call. He was a moderate sleeper but he tended to wake up when it came to his phone which is why he let it off if he Really had to sleep.

He got himself comfortable on the couch again before allowing himself to drift off; it had been a ok day so far minus a few hiccups.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:07 pm

His phone buzzed. It was a text message. It was from Kyoko "Mission accomplished. However, we might have a problem..." the text starts "While I was there, Tracy had some odd  young man in her room, talking about how Tracy would be good to use for something, to someone I couldn't see. I alerted the nurses, who called the orderlies, and the young man just disappeared when we got there (i was disguised as an orderly)." she explains "I had a bad feeling about this young man. He seemed to exude power. I think Tracy might be in trouble." the text reads "Could you tell Han he's on his own tonight? I don't feel right leaving Tracy by herself. I'll report if anything happens." the text ends with that.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Devin groaned internally as he read this.. I swear to fucking god, Tracy can't even as much get five minutes. At this rate I'm gonna have to find the Dragonballs and Wish for her to have a mostly stable life.

He gave a text to Han that Kyoko was going be staying to keep a eye on Tracy, he also sent what happened to Ava since he knew she was bit of a night owl and was still be up. What he didn't expect was her to volunteer to stay the night so Han could maybe back up Kyoko just in case. Matilda was likely sleep but he sent anyway just so she was informed when she came to.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 01, 2021 7:34 am

Han sent a text back saying he was on his way to the hospital to help Kyoko if she needed it. There was no reply from Mathilda and, as Devin suspected, she was likely asleep.

The hard part about Han heading to the hospital, was that he would need to explain Why he was there. Unlike Kyoko, he couldn't disguise himself as an orderly or nurse. So he would need to Sneak into the hospital! A refreshing throwback from his days in the Triad.

But as it turned out, he could just walk right on in. It was so busy there at night that no one paid him any mind. He felt slightly disappointed. But nevertheless, he meets up with Kyoko.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 01, 2021 7:49 am

Ava was there to hold the fort for the time being after Han left which she was more or less fine with. All nighters were hardly anything new to her even considering her previous job of having to stake out and watch things for lengths of time. Still she didn't mind the quite as everyone else did their own thing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 02, 2021 9:20 am

When Han gets to Tracy's room, there was a Young Man in her room, looking over her with a strange device in his hand, like he was measuring something.

He quickly puts it away when "Ah. Well, this is certainly awkward. I didn't expect anyone to come here during the night." he says as he studies Han, then takes a step back "Oh damnation. I didn't think I would encounter one of Your kind, Here of all places." he says as he takes out a knife with holy runes on it.

Han frowns as he starts to unbutton his jacket, getting ready for a fight "If you know what I am, you should also know what I can do and you should know that holy knife will do little against me, should I get serious." he says as he takes a step towards the young man.

The young man takes a step back, then throws the knife straight at Han's face, as he makes a motion behind himself, which summons a strange, but familiar, Symbol and disappears inside of it, before it disappears.

Han, for his part, catches the knife by letting it hit his hand. He watches the young man disappear, then pulls the blade out of his hand, examines it as it heals within seconds, then pulls out his phone [i]"I've encountered the young man in question. He seemed to know what I was and had a holy weapon on him." he sends a text to Devin.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 02, 2021 9:30 am

Devin simply said he'd be there soon to talk to them in person, so he got dressed and left Elizabeth's place for the time being. He thought it be a issue but apparently not which worked for him for the most part. Something like this was better in person.

"All right I'm here. Do you have any clues who the man was or what he might of wanted with our friend?" Devin asked Han once he met back up with him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 02, 2021 10:20 am

Han shakes his head "To the past part, I couldn't say, however..." he holds up the knife "He threw this at me, then disappeared into a portal that looks suspiciously similar to the ones Mathilda uses to travel between realms." he explains "Also, I have yet to run into Kyoko." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 02, 2021 10:25 am

Devin didn't want to be paranoid but he did decide to send them a text of where they at currently and were ok. Then he frowned at the knife and what he just said. "It may be same Mathilda or we're dealing with a Lumen Sage." He mumbled. "That makes things more confusing, there's no reason someone like that should have a interest in Tracy for any kind of plan. As for Kyoko, I sent them a text. If we don't hear from them a bit that means something is likely wrong. We should still look for them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 02, 2021 10:40 am

Han frowns a little "A Lumen Sage? I thought they had gone extinct." he says "However, if it is a Lumen Sage, there are only two people who can deal with them. Me and Mathilda... in fact, he seemed actively on edge while around me and couldn't seems to leave the room fast enough." he says.

A few minuets after Devin sent Kyoko a text, she comes bursting into the room "Oh man. An orderly was Not a good idea for a disguise. I was sent Everywhere in this whole hospital." she says "I missed something important, didn't I?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 02, 2021 10:52 am

"It might be because they encountered your type before and it didn't go to well." As for what he said, he'd be correct. He wasn't really strong enough to deal with stuff like that but he learned long ago what his lane was. Dealing with small stuff was his forte, not all the other crazy stuff and he was fine with it.

He turned to Kyoko. "Yeah, a Lumen Sage might be interested in Tracy about something. I couldn't even begin to guess as to what though. All I got from you is that they be good to use for something, which could be anything. Mathilda might know why, but she's probably asleep."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 am

Han shakes his head "Suspected Lumen Sage." he corrects "We don't know for certain if this young man is a Lumen Sage or not." he reminds Devin "But what he wants with Tracy is still a mystery, but we both suspect no good can come of it." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 am

"Probably won't have a better clue until tomorrow with Mathilda potentially.."
He said. "No point in dwelling on it, should head out until morning. However I was thinking, maybe Tracy doesn't have a curse but something else. Doesn't see, a not on the nose of removing said curse, a luck charm and this crap happens literally hours later?" He pointed out. "But if its not, I don't have a clue. Maybe some sort of attachment, aura, something."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum