Piece by Peace

2 posters

Page 16 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down

Piece by Peace - Page 16 Empty Re: Piece by Peace

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 25, 2021 8:47 am

Devin was looking through his computer for a few things when the two young women came back. "Welcome back. Just missed everyone else." He didn't even remember if they had met Mathilda yet but didn't matter since just a matter of time.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 26, 2021 2:22 pm

Maya stops and looks over to Devin "I sense that there's a change in the air... what's happened?" she asks as she looks around "And where is everyone?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 29, 2021 7:24 am

Devin shook his head slightly. "I just had a lot on my mind with everything happening in and out of work as of recent. As for the others, all gone. Han and Kyoko haven't even came back from last night. Danny was literally Just here but soon as he was done talking to me he was gone already."

Last edited by Sion Reaver on Sat May 29, 2021 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 29, 2021 8:25 am

Maya laughs "A lot on your mind. That's a very funny thing to say to a telepath." she says as she wanders over to Danny's desk and takes a seat "So, since Akane won't ask, I will." she starts "What jobs do we have waiting for us?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 29, 2021 9:00 am

Devin nodded slightly and went to grab a few files to hand them to Akane. "It's not as much as usual, but there is some. Few minor things and some of the typical suspected hauntings. It's your call for what you two feel like doing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 31, 2021 2:57 pm

Maya takes the folders and hands them over to Akane, who looks them over "Why don't you go and check out the house of that elderly lady? I'm not feeling too hot at the moment... must be this American food." she says.

Akane frowns, she knew Maya well enough to know when she wasn't telling the full truth, which she did often, and now, she wasn't telling Akane the truth. Still, Akane nods "Very well. I shall let you know what I find out." she says as she gathers her gear and heads out.

Maya watches her friend leave [color=#e0e0e0]"Be safe..."[color] she says after Akane leaves, before she looks over to Devin "Well, alone at last." she sighs "Do you want to tell me why I feel all kinds of sympathetic emotions coming from you, or should I take a stab in the dark?" she asks, crossing her legs.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:25 am

Devin didn't want to get into it, however at the same time knowing how things were it just be a matter of time before a slip occurred anyway and he wanted things to work with the newcomers. He didn't pay as much mind to her long legs, wasn't the time.

He sighed. "I may as well tell you since you deserve to know and its gonna come to light anyway. Danny did some digging and found out about what happened to Akane during a case here in New York when she was younger. I'm sorry about that, I didn't ask look into him to look into it and find something deeply personal. Just me and him know, no one else."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:39 pm

Maya didn't seem too surprised by this information "Yeah. Me and Akane were on a routine fact gathering mission. We were never suppose to be in any real danger, not with our sensei guiding us." she explains.

"They hit him over the head with an aluminum bat, cracking his skull in three places... he survived, but he's never been the same..." she continues.

"They captured me and Akane and while I was trying to take their focus off of Akane, because she wasn't fully trained yet, they just ignored me, in the beginning, and had their way with poor Akane, over and over and over again..." she says in a lot tone.

"After they couldn't get anymore enjoyment from Akane's screams and pleas to stop, they turned their focus on me. They only got to beating and toying with me before we were both saved by Athena Asamiya, her kouhai Momoko, and  Sie Kensou..." she says, there seemed to be a slight relieved look in Maya's eyes, almost like she had been reliving the experience in her mind.

She looks up at Devin "Physically we recovered, but mentally and emotionally?" she asks, then shakes her head slightly "I don't think poor Akane ever really left that warehouse... I don't think she's able to leave... she seems, trapped by it. Haunted by it. That's why I asked for us to be assigned to your team. To help free my friend from the dark place she's forced herself to live in." she finishes her recounting.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:54 pm

Devin still didn't understand nor did he ever want to people like that even if technically part of his job may of lended to that sort of thing. He hadn't ever become completely immune to that sort of thing, he supposed he never would.

"I'm not sure what to say honestly, but I'll do what I can to help." Devin said finally, after gathering his thoughts. "But why here?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm

Maya shakes her head "There's nothing that needs saying. I didn't tell you that for sympathy. I told you that because you needed to know where we were coming from." she says "Because, like Tracy, we know what it's like to be the victims and we, meaning I, just want to help her recover and be more like her old self, not like this 'dead-on-the-inside' thing who's completely lost her will to live." she points out "Let me be there to help her, like so many had been there for Akane and I."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:15 am

"If you think you can help, then by all means. But there is a catch." Devin replied after she finished. "I'm not really completely opposed with this sort of thing if the person agree's. Before she took her life, she was at least stable enough to talk to but right now she is pretty heavily medicated up. If you can talk to them in some way and they say yes then go for it; but it should be her choice."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:16 am

Maya nods slowly "Not to worry. If her words fail her, then we will speak in a language more honest then words could ever be." she says.

It was at this time that Chelsea comes wandering in. She was holding a cup carrier with some coffee in it. She had enough for everyone, but there were only two people there.

She frowns slightly as she wanders in "Good morning everyone." she says as she sets the coffee down and walks over to Devin and holds out a manila envelope to him "Here. My resume and references." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:58 am

Devin took the envelope from the young woman. "Thanks I'll look into asap." Unless there was glaring red flags, this was more a gesture since he was more then fine with Chelsea a formality. "Did they just offically release you then?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:06 am

Chelsea nods "Yes. I am now a free woman and I can start earning profit again." she says, sounding proud of herself.

The front door was suddenly kicked in as Danny comes wandering back in. Maya brightens up, and Danny wanders over to his desk "Move it or lose it." he says to Maya,who was sitting on his desk.

She smiles a mischievous smile at him "What would I be losing?" she asks as she leans in a little "my virginity?" she purrs to Danny.

Who, in turn, frowns "Get off my desk." he grumbles.

Maya giggles as she jumps off "I've always loved a challenge and I'm going to enjoy breaking down those walls of yours." she playfully sticks her tongue out at Danny.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:17 am

Devin smiled. "That's good. I'll take a look at this now since I'm not doing anything at the moment. It should be done soon." When Danny came in and the flirting started he paid it no mind. Though this was now the second young woman that liked sitting on his desk.

He went into his office to look over the paper work, see if anything was unusual or what not before they were offically accepted.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:31 pm

It was a little before twelve when Aki Ruto comes walking in. Danny looks up from his paper, briefly before he goes back to reading.

Maya looked delighted "Ah! Aki, thank you for coming on such very short notice." she says as she gives her fellow psychic a hug "Are you ready?" she asks.

Aki shrugs "I can't say if I am or not. You haven't Told me anything..." she points out "You just told me that I needed to be here." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:29 pm

When Devin came from the office he was midly surprised by Aki being there again since they had left; obviously though they were here for another reason. Other then that, he went to Chelsea. "Are you ready?"

It shouldn't take too long to do the interview and though he already knew the answer, just to be a bit professional, he tried to be partial about things.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Chelsea stands up and follows Devin into the office. It was likely going to be the standard job interview, so she was ready for it.

Aki and Maya head on out. It doesn't take them too long to get to the hospital where Tracy was. Mathilda was hanging around the lobby, so was Han. The two were talking when they see the psychics "I wouldn't go in there just now. The brothers are inside." the Umbra witch cautions.

Aki shrugs "Since neither one of us works for Devin, we are fine." she says "Besides, Tracy is my friend and no one is going to keep me from her." she says in a dead tone as Maya walks over and knocks on the door.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:35 pm

The interview went without a hitch, and though Devin had a good idea he was gonna hire them anyway he still had to maintain some sense non favortisim in the process.

"Well, everything so far checks out. Welcome aboard officially." He said going to shake her hand. He needed to talk to Danny to, mainly about the murdered Oni thing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:56 am

Chelsea nods "It just seems right, that I'm here in an official capacity." she says. She Didn't mention, however, that since she turned one of the main Jinn families in, that no other Jinn were likely to work with her again.

Aki and Maya head on into Tracy's room "Good morning, gentlemen. I'm afraid we're going to have to ask you to leave for the time being. We need to give Tracy a bath now." Maya says, holding up empty hands.

The Marsh brothers, however, see Aki and Maya dressed as nurses with a pan of water and a change of sheets. Thanks to Maya, who could make them see what she wanted them to see.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:58 am

"Now that you're here, you got the option to take a case or the day off if you want to get started today." Devin started. "Though besides one case we're working on with a homicide which we have no leads on, everything else is pretty minor."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:52 am

Chelsea thinks for a moment "I suppose I can check out the many cases that had come in since we stopped that serial killer." she says "After all, no case is a minor one to tye people who asked us to look into them, right?" she asks.

Maya walks over to Tracy, who was just staring blankly out the window "Tracy? You don't know me, but I'm here to help you... to feel again." she says in a soft tone.

Aki places a hand on Tracy's shoulder "It's not that she doesn't feel anything..." Aki says "She feels too much and it is too much for her to handle, so she shut herself off." she points out "But don't worry, we're here to help..." she says in a soft tone to her friend.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:00 pm

"Fair enough. I'll show you a few to look at."
Devin had to go through the case files to find a few and after that he'd let them decide on which one they wanted to start on first priority wise. She knew enough he didn't have to do anything else which was the good part since training didn't need to be involved.

Once that was taken care of, he went to talk to Danny. "It's been a hell of a week with a lot happening. Just to check, did I already tell you about the homicide case we got with a Mountain Oni?"

_______

Dysis hadn't gotten much sleep the other night due to being worried about Tracy, he knew it wasn't healthy but he was unable to completely help it even on a subconscious level. He was trying to make it a habit to visit at least every other day while he was here even if he couldn't do anything he still wanted to be there for them.

"You really should get some rest you know. Here, I got you some."

He glanced up from his seat to see his mom with a hot cup of coffee which he gratefully accepted. "Thanks..and I know. I promise I will."

"You better Mr." May said playfully as she sat down. "But seriously, there's no need to burn yourself out."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:02 am

Danny shakes his head "No. But I already knew about it. Who do you think told my contact to send the case over to us?" he asks.

"So, who do we have on that case?" he asks "I've put out some feelers to see what we can find about the vic and the perp, but so far radio silence." he says "It's almost like whomever pulled this off was a ghost." he grumbles "No forced entry, little struggle, no fingerprints, no real evidence of any kind." he points out "What we need is a touch-know..." he mumbles.

Aki places a hand on Tracy forehead "She's so cold to the touch..." she says "Not to worry, we'll warm your heart up again." she says in a low tone.

Tracy's eyes start to lose the dull, almost lifeless look to them as Aki consumes all the negative emotions. The young psychic vampire had two ways of using the energy. She could use it to feel things, or to give herself a limited boost of psychic power.

After Aki had eaten all of Tracy's bad feelings, it was now Maya's turn places her hands on Tracy's head "Tracy, you love yourself and you love life. You want to go in living your life and you will take all the bad with all the good. Your life is precious and it's worth living. Never give up on yourself." she says, placing the psychic command in the young Zoanthrope's mind.

After sue was finished, Aki puts a hand on Tracy's shoulder and Tracy passes out, as Aki lays her soundly on her bed "We have done what we came here to do." she says.

Maya nods a little tired. That was a very strong psychic command she placed in Tracy's mind "Yes. It will take a little bit for the command to set in place, as strong as that was." she says as the two of them head out.

Tracy's brothers were in the waiting room, but Maya convinced them that she needed to rest and to come back later. She casts a passing glance at Dysis as the two psychics head on out. Devin should be pleased by this.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:57 am

Devin frowned a bit at this. "So, do we at least have any basic information about the victim? Their name or background?" The touch know was easier said then done but at the moment they have to take what they could get. If the Oni wasn't from the city that made the case that much harder since they would have no records.

____

Dysis didn't know the young woman with them, but he did reconigze Aki and decided to say hello. He excused himself from his mother to catch up with them. "Long time no see Aki. Do you have a moment?" If she was busy with her other friend or something else he'd just catch up with them at a later date.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum