Piece by Peace

2 posters

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

Piece by Peace - Page 13 Empty Re: Piece by Peace

Post by Namey Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:16 pm

Maya nods with a devilish grin on her face "But after what we're going to do for Tracy, they'll welcome us back!" she says.

Akane narrows her eyes "Maya, what are you planning on doing to that poor, young woman?" she asks.

"She plans on planting a counter command to value her own life, that way she'll stop having suicidal thoughts." Danny says as he takes a swig of his drink.

Akane throws a look at her partner "Maya? Let's talk somewhere private." she says in a low tone.

Maya sets her food down and follows Akane into the storage closet. Muffled voice could be heard speaking, not softly, in Japanese. Danny was, of course, listening in.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:15 pm

Ava frowned a bit at this. "I can't say I'm a expert in that kind of thing, but isn't that potentially very dangerous with unintended effects? Especially with someone in their fragile state?"

"It can be, yeah." Devin said. "Either way not comfortable messing with people's heads even for a good cause without their consent."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:26 am

Danny nods "That's what Akane is saying to Maya, but Maya is arguing back that it honestly couldn't do anymore harm to Tracy than she's already tried." he says.

Han raises a brow "I'm confused about something, don't we Want Tracy to get better?" he asks "If Maya has a way to help Tracy get better, why not take her up on it? Seriously, all she can do is make things better." he points out "Besides, Maya doesn't work for you, Devin, she works With you. How would you even stop her?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Devin was quite briefly before answering. "You're not wrong either Han. I just have very mixed feelings about the whole thing is all. Where I come from culture wise the mind is considered a scarce thing you shouldn't tamper with. At the same time its obviously not a normal situation, this feels more like a gray area then something clear cut."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:28 am

Danny kept listening in on the conversation between Akane and Maya and frowns a little "Well, it looks like Maya managed to talk Akane into going along with her plan..." he says, but doesn't go into detail about what convinced the young psycho soldier.

The two of them come out of the closet "This matter is closed." Akane says, looking a little upset about something only Danny, and the two psychics know.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:58 pm

Ava wasn't sure how to feel about things, but it wasn't she had any good counter points. "I just hope you two know what you're doing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:38 am

Akane narrows her eyes as she looks to Ava "Do you make it a habit to listen in on other people's conversations?" she asks, not sounding too happy about them listening in on her's and Maya's discussion "If you are going to make this a thing, we might need to adjust the terms of our contract with the Last Maiden." she states as she turns to her partner "Come, Maya. Let's be off. We have work to do." she says as the two of them head out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:09 am

Ava watched them leave before sighing. "I should feel more bad about it then I actually do. But I don't. Not with Tracy involved."

"Yeah. I get that, Tracy is our friend and its something involving them. But didn't need to bring attention to it either." Devin pointed out. "Now things might be more awkward when the team dynamic is just starting. Then again its kind of been a bumpy adjustment period."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:38 am

Danny pours himself another drink "Probably should have kept the fact that we knew their plans to ourselves." he points out "That way we could have quietly contacted their boss and asked for his advice." he says.

Danny gets up and starts out "I have some work that I need to be doing. I'll catch up with you all later." he says as he puts his coat on and heads out "Let me know how things go with Tracy." he says to Kyoko.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:38 am

"I really wish you had kept quite about it Ava but what's done is done.
" Devin said to the young woman. "I'm not saying you're wrong with how you feel about it, but how you go about it. Next time just be more careful if in another situation like that before saying anything."

Ava frowned slightly, quite for a moment but relented. "Fine."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:46 am

Kyoko shakes her head "While there is wisdom in not showing all our cards, when we know something is just wrong, it's our duty to speak out against it. Otherwise nothing will be done about it. Freedom to speak your mind is a powerful thing." she says as she checks her watch "I have to be going. I want to get these items to Tracy as soon as I can." she says as she heads out.

Han keeps in his chair "In the mean time, we have a lot of cases to take care of." he says as he pulls out a folder. It was a homicide case that Danny's 'friend' in the police department asked them to look over. There was one dead Mountain Oni and almost no clues about how they died, only that it wasn't natural causes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:57 am

Ava wasn't going to be quite in every case, especially when it concerned her friend so while she told Devin fine it was going to be a case, by case basis. She wasn't a bot after all even if she could see where Devin and Danny were coming from a bit.

Considering the matter done, Devin went to look over the case. Dead Mountain Oni, could literally be anything. He went to look further into it for any other information he could find, such as he was assuming they lived in the city or wouldn't have a report. Maybe get details of name, family and such so he could go off potential enemies or they gotten into something.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:14 pm

Han was looking over the photos of the body "Hmmm... It seems they were killed by a giant sword..." he mumbles as he points at a stab wound about two feet in the stomach "It is very reminiscent of the 'alleged' killings from Cedrick Darkside, as she, too, used a sizable sword." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:29 am

Devin looked at that, then shook his head. "It helps a bit but without anything else doesn't tell us much. Anything is better then nothing but knowing the potential murder weapon helps. Now if it turns out he's a half-breed and there are more similar cases like this I'd be worried of a copy cat or a inspired one."

The only woman currently left of the group added in. "Do we have the basics to work with? Name? Background? Hunters usually are the ones that handle non mundane cases so surprised police even had a report."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:17 pm

Han nods "I suspect that's why there's not very much information and why Danny's contact asked us to see about solving it." he says. Since the Hunters weren't Actually a federal institution, they couldn't confiscate the evidence the police had already gathered. They could only flex their jurisdiction and keep the cops out.

Han sighs "I guess this is where being a detective for the supernatural comes in." he says as he takes out his phone "I'll make some calls and see if I can get ahold of some old contacts of mine." he says.

It was at times like these where Danny would do the same, but unlike Han, Danny's contacts were a bit more reliable and more numerous.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:21 pm

"Danny's contact huh?" Ava asked more to herself. "Going to guess they have some connection to the deceased person, or they know someone that contacted them. I'd offer to help but I don't really have much in the way of contacts.."

Devin waved it off. "It's fine. I don't exactly have as much as Danny does but between me and Han we could maybe get something. We gotta be able to do some of these things ourselves since he can't be around all the time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:15 pm

Han shakes his head "I doubt the victim and the officer knew each other." he says "I think it's more professionalism then anything else. Like how if we were hired for a job, and then another detective agency comes in and tells us they'll handle it. Would we Really leave it be?" he asks as he stands and heads towards the front door "I'm gonna call my associates and see if I can get them sniffing around." he says as he heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Devin for his part was simply going to make a few calls to some people, he wasn't expecting too much at least so soon but it was better then nothing. In the mean time, he opted to head out for the time being.

"I'm going to head out. If anything happens just let me know." Ava seemed to be thinking of something but Devin wasn't sure what. As for himself, he was probably going to close early; it was becoming a bit late anyway plus pretty much all the employee's had the keys to come to and from the main door if need be.

So a bit after Ava, he headed out as well making sure it was locked behind them as he headed out. Maybe he'd try to call Larry again if he knew something, somehow but he hadn't picked up yet.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:47 pm

When Devin heads out, there was Han standing by one of the corners of the building, on his phone "Yeah, a big sword. Easily over two foot wide... I know who it sounds like, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't her... a copycat maybe? ... Okay, thank you for your help l. I'll talk to you later." he says as he hangs up.

Ge walks over to Devin "Are we closing up?" he asks, which was odd, since he and Kyoko usually took the graveyard shift.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:58 pm

Devin briefly thought about it, then shook his head. "No need with you two around. I am going to head out though but I did have a random thought but its only a fleeting theory. I heard there was a rumour of some crazies that believed in what Cedrick had 'allegedly' been doing in the past. Like a cult. It's possible, maybe dealing with people with a similar but different ideology from their inspiration. Maybe instead of just demi-humans, its anyone with mixed blood. It's worth thinking about anyway especially if there are anymore cases like this."

It be worth looking into if the victim was full or mixed with something, and then if possible if there were anymore cases were wound was similar.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:40 am

Han assumed Devin meant him and Kyoko, since she wasn't there at the moment, so for the moment, it would be only him, though, it wasn't like he couldn't take care of himself.

Han nods "I suppose that, one way or another, we'll find out." he says "Likely once Danny gets back one of us will ask him if he could contact one of his people for the information we need to start putting the pieces together." he points out.

They needed to get their own phone book of contacts to help them. After all, it's not likely that Danny will be staying with them forever.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 pm

"Seems that way, and you're right. I do have contacts but they aren't as extensive as Danny's is. Something I need to fix. Anyway I'm heading out, if anything of note happens just text me or something."

It became apparent as things went on how he needed to update his contact list. If he had it more expansive then it was it meant he wouldn't have to wait for Danny whether it be for this case, or the information about the politics of Elizabeth's race.

Speaking of he decided he was going back over, not just to spend time with them but talk about the Cassia situation. If she stayed with him or Elizabeth was going impact their lives so it was best talk to them about it to see what they were leaning.

She probably was asleep around this time still but luckily he had the key.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:44 am

Elizabeth was, in fact, awake and she was in the middle of getting ready for school. She sees Devin enter her apartment and gets so excited that she takes a running leap at him "Devin!" she calls out as she lands on him, planting a kiss on his mouth, enthusiastic as always "I didn't expect to see you this early." she says as she hangs her arms around his neck "What brings you in so soon?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:45 am

The Ralphlim was just as happy to see Elizabeth, it was just he didn't expression his emotions as freely and openly in the way the young woman did. "I wanted to see you, and I had something important I wanted to go over with you. You're a big part of my life so I wanted to get your input."

Once he got her attention, he decided to keep it brief. "Make it short, due to Tracy's condition Cassia needs a new home so the Hunters are seeing if any of us want to try for it. Maybe we could be the ones that do that."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:45 am

Elizabeth seemed uncertain "I donno. I mean, I would love to have kids one day, but, I sleep about eight, or so, hours out of the day..." she points out "I don't think leaving Cassia alone for that long is a good idea and your job can be dangerous and I would feel just awful if something happened to the little darling while in our care." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum