New Starts

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Starts - Page 4 Empty Re: New Starts

Post by Namey Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:59 pm

Chrissy shrugs a bit "I donno, if I don't feel I like going there, can I leave and study at home?" she asks "I've always studied at home, back in Empire, and if I drop out, I don't want to disappoint you." she says "Because, you worked hard to get me in there." she mumbles the last part.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:02 am

Barioth smiled a bit shaking his head. "If that's what you're most comfortable with and that's how it ends up, then I'm fine with it. The location doesn't so much as you learning. Even if that school doesn't work out, I still want you to make a few friends. That way you have some closer to your age besides just me."

It would be good for her to, plus once he started working he was probably not going to be able to be around as much. Barioth had options even if now he wasn't sure which he was going to pursue but he had more then enough savings to take his time.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:30 pm

Chrissy nods "Okay. Thanks for being understanding." she says "When we go to register, it'll ask for my race, won't it? I think I might keep pretending to be a Ralphlim. Just until I feel more comfortable letting them know I'm Mystic." she says. It would be easy, just keep your wings out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:21 am

"If that's what you want, then I'll support it."
Barioth knew Noreal wasn't a complete stranger to races outside of their home world, though it wasn't as the same frequency as earth was. "What type of food are in the mood for? I know you don't know all the local dishes so I could help figure out that the closes thing to something you like."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:48 pm

Chrissy thinks for a bit, before nodding "I think, I would like to tru the local cuisine." she says "Besides, I have my doubts that anyone could prefect Mystic dishes." other than herself, that was. After all, she all the cooking and cleaning back on Elysium.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Barioth could find nothing wrong with that, life after all was about adventure and trying something new. So with that in mind when the waitress came over, he ordered them a type of soup; it was orange in color and seemed to have vegetables and meat in it. The smell was different but had a pleasant smell.

"Eat up and enjoy. After I suppose we could just go home and get settled back in."
He would need to try to get into contact with some of his old friends so he have people more around his age to interact with. Most were busy with duties and family life however.

Starting friendships was somewhat easy, maintaining them was harder.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 am

As Chrissy picks at her food a bit, she stares off in the distance "You know, I've been thinking, I'm likely going to out live everyone currently on Noreal right now, and I don't even know what I'm going to do with myself..." she says as she nibbles at her food "Do you have any ideas what I should do?" she asks, looking at Barioth
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am

Barioth didn't answer right away, mainly because he hadn't been expecting such a serious question this early. It was bound to happen sooner or later though. "In about three years you'll be a adult by Noreal standards, in which case you can do about what you want. Normally I would just say go with a traditional route but your case is a bit unique."

He didn't really know what to tell them. It was true back in her old home there was still limited things she could do, but at least all her loved ones wouldn't be dying on her; multiple times in this case. Barioth knew that was going to be a reality even if Clover hadn't died, she outlive him. Heck, she'd outlive both of them potentially.

"Where living longer lives is the norm, what do your people typically do with it?" Maybe that would give him some idea for a suggestion.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:32 am

Chrissy shrugs "If you mean in Empire City, we just try to survive and make a living any way we can." she says "If you mean in general? They say serving in the Circle is the aim of all Mystics. Power, title, and standing is what we work so hard for." she explains "But in truth? None of that ever interested me." she says.

She nibbles at her food a bit "So, you say at age sixteen, I'll be an adult, by Noreal standards, and can do adult things?" she asks "Including drink and have sex all day long?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:10 am

With her background Barioth had thought Chrissy would perhaps be more skittish about that sort of thing. On the other hand it took her a bit to get comfortable being alone with him. "If that's what what you wanted then yes. There's ups and downs in being considered a adult, just like there are considered young."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:26 am

Chrissy shakes her head "Are you kidding? This is great! I no longer have to wait a thousand years for my Day of Ascension to be considered an adult!" she says. This was great news for her "When I turn sixteen, let's go drinking! I want to get hammered at least Once in my life." she states.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:29 am

Barioth hadn't known that, though in fairness it just wasn't something that had came up around him. "Really? I knew the day was special as a mile stone but I didn't know that was the literal day you be considered a adult. As for drinking, if you want to we could when you're of age."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 am

"You know... we Could try some out when we get home... you know, just to see if it's something I would enjoy later on?" she says in a sly voice.

She smiles and pats him on the shoulder "Just kidding." she laughs as she finishes her meal "I think, when I turn SIXTEEN, I'll see about getting a job as a cook and try out Mystic foods here." she says "I've noticed that there aren't very many restaurants that do a good job recreating my people's dishes."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:15 pm

Barioth was glad to hear that, because he didn't want them drinking at this early of an age. There other idea of hers had some bit of merit to them. "I think that would be a good idea. We are still new to Mystics and the outside world in general. Maybe you even start your own business sooner or later along the line if you feel amibitious enough. The people of Noreal like their food from everything I've heard."

He notiiced had finished, she did eat rather fast when she wanted to. "You still hungry or you ready to head back?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:15 am

Chrissy thinks for a bit. She knew Barioth was on a budget and she didn't want to come off as greedy, but this was the first time anyone's ever spent money on her and offered to get her what she wanted!

She shakes her head "No, I'm fine." she says as she gets up and smoothes her skirt out "So, where to next?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:34 am

Barioth did wonder if she was truly full or not with just that, he knew Chrissy had a decent appetite when she wanted to. It didn't really matter too much in the end as long as she was happy with what she got.

"Depends what you want to do." He started as he got up to leave the establishment. "We can go home. Or we can continue and I can show you a bit more of the town. We aren't quite as big and lively as the cities but we have enough."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:16 am

Chrissy thinks for a moment "Let's look.around a bit more." she says as she walks.over to Barioth "Sometimes, not being a bustling city is a good thing."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:50 pm

Barioth had to completely agree with that as there was a reason he preferred to live in this quite town. He had a idea or two of where to show her to and got started, it wasn't that far. "I agree. The cities have a charm of their own but I always liked living in my town more. Back where you came from do you know which city came first of the two main ones?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:02 pm

Chrissy nods "Yes. It was a city called Cave City. It was built Way back before Mystic civilization as we know of came to be." she explains "But archaeologist believe that Cave City was wiped out by an earthquake that collapse the tunnel on top of the whole city and it's never been found." she shrugs "When I was a little girl, I'd tell Missy and Sissy that I wanted to go looking for it amd I'd be the first Mystic to set foot in it in over hundreds of thousands of years." she chuckles "What a silly thing to say."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:44 pm

That was interesting. It wasn't quite what Barioth had met since he had been referring out of the two main cities, which one of them had come first. However the newer bit of news was far more interesting. "Nothing wrong with that. It's often the people who think they can do the impossible where others say otherwise that do; its just a roll of dice if its that particular person or not."

"I know the first city here." Barioth admitted. "Noreal is..far more scattered in that sense. It doesn't help a lot of things were lost in the Relic Age. Was this Cave City in the Fire Plains somewhere perhaps? Though I suppose if people had a general idea it probably be found by now.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:44 am

The young Mystic shakes her head "No one know where Cave City was, that's what makes finding it first such a treat." she says. Chrissy had always been fascinated with history, particularly the history of other cultures "What was the Relic Age?" she asks. Though, if she Had to guess, it was an age where magic relics were the norm and not technology.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:19 pm

The older man thought of the best quick summary of it. "The Relic Age is called that partly because of things that survive to this day we aren't completely sure of. Supposedly, the races of Noreal were a lot more powerful back then, They had to be to deal a race named Fiends that came a large amount of sizes and appearances, but known for their incredible power. Of course there's no hard evidence of most of this. So they, along with fantastic feats people performed got regarded to legends and mythology. The stories were fantastical enough most of no one believed them."

He shrugged at they headed to a library, he figured since she had interest maybe he could direct to some reading to take home. "Hopefully a interesting mythology all it is. I'd hate to run into a race that required the people of Noreal to be that strong long ago. Anyway here you are. If you're interested in something in particular I figured I could help you here."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Ah! This will do nicely! "Does this library have a full and complete history of Noreal in it?" she asks as she wanders on in. So many books!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:33 am

Barioth was pleased Chrissy seemed to be pleased, she could be due with a little more happiness more. He lead them to another section of the library which had history on it to show them to where to begin looking for things to start.

"It's a bit complicated since you have to factor in other stuff, like some regions. The bulk of things is Arcana and Ecla but the later is more modern." Barioth went to look another book closer over on the shelf. "Most of these should be enough to get you started. If you want to know more specifically about the different races individual history and more about them, then I would recommend the books in this section."

There was different books of interest. Such as one dubbed 'The Relic Age: Separating fact from myth.' 'Noreal Complete basic history' and many, many others. It may of seemed overwhelming with so much but that was what Barioth was here to help with.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:29 pm

Chrissy picks up the basic history of Noreal and flips through it, then puts it back and picks up another one. Thanks to her Mystic total recall, she just needs to glance at the page and she has instantly memorized it for later. So she just needs to look over any book once and she has it's knowledge.

She had already consumed five books before she looks to Barioth "I need a more detailed history of Noreal. Specifically the area where the Ralphim come from, if I'm going to try and pass as one, for the time being." she says as she goes to consume another book.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next