New Starts

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Starts Empty New Starts

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:03 pm

After getting everything that needed to be taken care of, Barioth went back to Noreal and took Chrissy with him since at the moment there wasn't much for them back at the Mystic home world . Moveim Town seemed like a good spot, he has property there and it was more quite then the city.

It had taken some time before Chrissy trusted Barioth enough alone to know he wasn't going to take advantage of them, it was a unfortunate part of her history he only knew because what Clover told him, but it was never something he was ever going to bring up.

In the mean time something else he had to figure if she wanted to go to normal school or be home schooled among other things. There was also a lot of other stuff going on politically both big and small, but he wasn't concerned about that at the moment, He had his old job at the Paladin Knights open should he feel like it and he needed it, so he'd get that settled tomorrow,

After going through things, they reached Barioth's modest home It was a bit bigger for one person though. That had mainly been just in case he had a family of his own one day, it just hadn't gone that way just yet but the extra room for guest or whatever was always a plus.

"Make yourself at home. I'm going to take a shower and wind down unless you feel like going first. Any of the rooms are open for you to make your own, mine's up stairs on the left." By the time they got here it had been evening time but plenty of time to explore tomorrow or show them around.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

New Starts Empty Re: New Starts

Post by Namey Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:56 am

Chrissy nods "Okay. Thanks." she says as she goes exploring. It felt weird to be away from Elysium. The girl had spent most of her life there, inside Empire City, more specifically, and now she was three worlds away from the place she once called home. This was going to be interesting. She wondered how she would get along with everyone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:38 am

The house had a nice 'home' feeling to it for lack of a better word as there were plenty of places to live but not every building felt like a home. On the wall was decent sized picture of Barioth, a woman and man that looked like them along with a red head that seemed to be the youngest.  Barioth had mentioned them a few times that seemed to be his younger sister and family.

Not that far from it was another picture of what seemed to be another family. There was a young girl with brown hair. There was also another young girl as well. Both seemed more or less around the same age as Chrissy, maybe a bit older the second one had wings and the former didn't. A young man and as well as a pretty young woman were in the picture as well that looked to be early twenties at the most looks wise.

Barioth was in the picture and from the looks of things it seemed to be a birthday party for the girl with wings. Though a family of some kind, it didn't seem like the two were parents but older siblings perhaps from the vibe of the picture at least. The whole group as a whole looked as if they had all been adopted since their looks were so different.

On the left side was the living room with a T.V. though a bit different from something seen on earth it was all the same for anyone who had seen one. The kitchen nearby was a decent size and in the same room as the T.V. was a computer on a desk on the corner of the room. It was a bit dusty which indicated Barioth didn't use it much, or at least that one in particular though also be fair he had been away for a bit.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:38 pm

Chrissy didn't really pay the pictures too much attention. She had no real idea what a TV or Computer were, as they didn't have such devices in Elysium. The closest was a radio. But the kitchen caught her attention, as she had always been the one to do the cooking before Barioth and Clover and while the ingredients might be different, she was sure they did the same thing.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:48 am

Barioth came down the stairs after a few moments dressed more casually in something he could get some rest in. "I'm done, you're free to use it whenever you feel like it now. If you have any questions about anything around the house let me know." Tomorrow was going to be busy simply because besides getting Chrissy situated into things, he also had to do some things himself since he been away for a bit. Things to do and people to see as they say.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:04 am

Chrissy nods "Thanks. I'll probably take a shower, get something to eat, and hit the hay." she says. It was an expression she picked up on Earth "This is my first time off Elysium and it's a bit overwhelming right now." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:43 am

"It can be. Going some place new can always be overwhelming, especially when its as far as another planet."
Barioth agreed with the young woman. "Have you decided if you rather be home schooled or go to an actual school with people around your age?"

He was confident Chrissy could catch on quickly enough to go the school, given Mystic's memory if nothing else if she so choose.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Chrissy shakes her head "I don't know. I've never really been around anyone who Wasn't a Mystic, aside from you and Clover." she points out "I don't really know they would react to a Mystic. I'd have to interact with them first, before I really make up my mind."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:03 pm

Most wouldn't have a issue with her being a Mystic, wouldn't be the first one to ever come to Noreal given the alliance between the two worlds which was more open then earth was. That said Barioth also knew Noreal wasn't perfect and had its share of bad people and issues like anywhere else. Some would be less pleased she was a outsider more then she was Mystic so he could understand wanting to wait.

"I understand." Barioth conceded. "In the mean time I'll just give you some things to read so you can better catch up about your new surroundings if you want.  It'll probably be a good idea to teach how to use a phone and computer later on."

It was kind of a must unless one lived in the villages and areas where they purposely didn't have more of the Noreal techological advancements for their own reasons.  Hopefully she didn't get glued to either once she knew how to use them, like some others he could mention. Blasted things were both a blessing and a curse.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:26 am

Chris seemed a bit dubious about learning how to use one of those cellular devices as well as that computer thing. But, when they were on Earth, Everyone seemed to be on those 'Cell Phones', they barely looked up.

She sighs "If I have to, but I really don't plan on using them." she says *No self respecting Mystic would have their nose buried in one of those things as the world passes them by!* she thinks, with a good amount of pride.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:06 am

If there were any Mystics on their phones elsewhere, they probably wondered where the strange urge to sneeze had come from.

Barioth chuckled a bit. "They're a lot more useful then one would think, its a tool like anything else. Just don't take things said on social media to heart if you go there one day and you'll be fine. Excuse me."

The young man(at least physically and he was young by his kind's standards) went into the kitchen to see what he could salvage. The fridge as to be expected was a mess; usually it was a lot cleaner but he had been away for over a year so it was expected. Sure his sister had a key and went to check from time to time, but she could be forgettbale at times.

The cold food was toast, and probably just the dry and longer lived canned stuff was edible There was..something green that once resembled something close to food. Meat of some kind, or used to be. Had it been a sentient being it would have said 'End my suffering'

Barioth mentally sighed, getting a trash bag to throw stuff out and wrinkled his nose. 'I almost feel like taking another shower. Shopping tomorrow it is..'
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:26 am

Chrissy shrugs "Okay." she saya. She didn't know what social media was, so she didn't think she would need to worry about it.

Chrissy really wanted to fly around and explore the area. It was the Mystic in her, but since it was getting dark, she might have to wait until tomorrow... of course, she didn't Need to wait. She could see well enough in the dark and low light that she could Still fly around. But for Barioth's sanity, she would wait.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:38 pm

Which Barioth would be incredibly grateful for, she was a Mystic but she wasn't a fighter and she couldn't teleport. The town should be mostly safe but there were bad people everywhere and he rather not worry about it for now.

Once he was done cleansing what could not be truly described as food he opted to go into his room and try to get some sleep.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:30 am

Chrissy was too anxious to get any sleep. This would be her first night on a different world! If only those losers at her old school could see her now. She was the Only Mystic on all of Noreal and, for the moment, it felt good! She couldn't Wait until tomorrow!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Barioth woke up early around the next morning, something out of habit that served him well enough to this point. He did understand the temptation to sleep in but if you were up and had enough sleep it simply felt like a waste of time to go back to it.

His phone rang again, the number he did recognize but was slightly surprised who it was. 'Probably something important then just a social call. Hasn't even been a day.'

"Morning Relena. How are you?"

Brief pause before a young woman's voice was heard. "Morning Barioth. I came to check on you, but afraid isn't just a social call. Did you want to hear bad news or good news first?"

The man was the least surprised. "Bad news first. I'll need to get that out the way."

If he could of seen it, Relena would have nodded. "Well, first its good you're back after so long. First order of business, is Lance in the council been causing some issues. You remember when Noreal went to assist earth correct?"

"I do. But I wasn't around here during the time. What of it?" Barioth asked.

"Most came back to life who fell in battle, but others didn't for one reason or another. Lance basically used it as a political bludgeon, saying Noreal leaders used said soldiers as pawns for their political agenda and influence but Noreal itself got nothing in return." She sighed slightly. "At the moment its nothing major but I rather not give the snake more inches."

"Lady Yasuko also would like you attend a meeting at the end of the week or so.  I don't know what about, but she hates politics and theatre and every time she does get involved from being a hermit its usually something big. So I'm going to file that under the 'bad news; part potentially."

"No rest for the weary." Barioth mumbled, not sure Why his presence was requested. "Anything else?"

"No. At least far as bad news." Relena said, sounding in a better mood. "There hasn't been any big crisis or anything of that sort so we can count ourselves lucky. If you didn't already know Noreal isn't open openly publicly just yet. That said it , still going reasonably well, even if its mostly just Hunters or political people on business occasionally, its just to see what Noreal is like. There's also the Sun Festival tomorrow,  should be interesting as always."

Barioth kept up somewhat of the goings on with Noreal, even if he had been a bit out of the loop for a bit it was important to know these things. "Will you and your family be going this time?"

"My family? Probably. Myself? Probably not." Relena said with a sight. "I have a lot to do, and there is more less pleasant things but its more political with some having their heads eternally lodged somewhere unpleasant. I can see why my mother didn't want to go into it like I have. That all said I have to get going, but you and yours stay safe."

"You as well. I'll see you later."

Barioth hung and proceeded to get cleaned up and dressed before heading to the kitchen. He try to make something for Chrissy before she got down with what little they had that was still good. He really should have gotten one of those devices that preserved food for much longer, but then he hadn't expected to be gone That long.

He still worried about his friend Clover but there was nothing he could do about it at the moment so he put it into the back of his mind.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:38 am

Chrissy was already up. She had gone out early and was jogging around the yard of the house, keeping herself fit. Normally she would go out flying, but she didn't want Barioth to worry about her and while she didn't know the more advanced stuff a Mystic could learn, she wasn't defenseless.

She comes wandering on in "Morning..." she says as she pats some sweat off her face with a small towel and starts gulping down water from a flask she brought with her.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 am

Barioth turned up to see Chrissy and greeted her in kind. "Morning Crhissy. How are you feeling? We have a day ahead of us, probably should get you some more clothes to." They brought what they had before but more while they were here didn't harm anything.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Chrissy nods "Some new clothes would be nice, but I do know how to make this pair last a while, so I'm not in a big hurry." she says "So, you said we have a busy day. Doing what?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:50 pm

"It's mostly errands on top of showing you around."
Barioth went to check the oven to make sure what he was making was cooking properly before he continued. "For one, I'm more or less wiped out since I've been gone so long. I need to see about getting you a I.D and some books for you to catch up on. Whether you decide to be home schooled or go out, its something you'll need I never really asked, but you do know basic self defense right?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:46 am

Chrissy nods "Yes. Missy and Sissy made sure that I could defend myself on the less then pleasant streets of Empire City." she says "As for school, like I said, I want to see how people will react to a Mystic. If nothing else I can just keep my wings out and pretend to be one of those other winged people here." she says with a shrug.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:37 pm

While the Noreal races seemed more tolerant of outsider races, he couldn't, specifically answer in confidence only because he didn't know. He knew both worlds had a more open alliance then what was currently with earth, so it would make sense once there was a chance to, some Mystics would want to see. If nothing else, Espen and Vira being as popular would help with that. If nothing else, he hadn't heard of any major issues

Though speaking of races he did wonder why it was so biodiverse. There were far many native races on earth then on Noreal which had a few main ones. It also seemed be a hot spot of sorts far as vistors. Noreal wasn't the case, but lately it did seem to be getting more attention in that area compared to before.

After both finished eating, Barioth led them out. It was pretty sunny out with mild weather all around for the time being. People went about their day not paying them any mind, and in the distance were the ship ports delivering certain things.

On their way to their first destination, he decided to tell them something. "There's suppose to be a festival tomorrow. Not sure it be something you be interested in seeing, but its called the Sun Festival and we have around that time every year. Its something to do with the passing of the seasons. In particular, well, the sun. There was a time it seemed like eternal night and it was causing issues before it was resolved. That was quite before my time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:20 am

Chrissy nods "Kinda lime the Season of the Moon on Elysium?" she asks "As for the Sun Festival, I think I'll have to pass on that. At least for now. I'm still a little, what was that word those Humans used, Jet Lagged?" she says "Maybe we should just do our shopping, take care of your business, check out some schools and then head home." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:40 am

Barioth was fine with that; whatever she was comfortable with and it make sense she'd want to take her time getting adjusted to various things. before going out. The first grocery store was fairly close, but it wasn't too busy at the current moment. "Moon Season? Is it similar to the Sun Festival but for the moon instead?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Chrissy shrugs "I donno. Does the sun here stay out for three months at a time like it does on Elysium?" she asks "Because that's the Season of the Sun. The Season of the Moon is three months of darkness with Only the moon in the sky." she explains "A very unsettling time for many."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:18 am

Barioth didn't recall their season cycle being like that under normal conditions that was anyway. "No. At the most it may be a extra day or so normally unless something is happening. All the times the sun or moon had been out for a long time had been a bad thing for us usually."

He had a game plan going out which was mainly getting Chrissy situated into things, and the school stuff. The next was just making sure things checked out on his end. That said the good about this store it had a bit of everything sort of like that one place back on earth that started with a W. Something mart?. He forgot so it must not have been important.

"Go ahead and pick which ever back pack you want, clothes to if you see anything you like here."
The section they were currently in had both clothes, school supplies and bracelts. Except they weren't normally ones but M.U.S. Of course the civilian versions were different and dumbed down, but they could still cost a pretty Cressent.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next