New Starts

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Starts - Page 5 Empty Re: New Starts

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Barioth had briefly forgotten she could recall everything after only seeing it once. He did wonder if able to remember everything got overwhelming especially if one lived long enough but they had evolved that way so that was dealt with already.

I think there should be something...

He looked around until he found something more closely to what she was looking for about Ralphlim. Obviously she didn't need to know Everything, but all the stuff about basic history and their biology, etc was there. At this rate she was going to be able to read the entire first shelf already. "If you need anything more specific let me know."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:52 pm

She flips through the whole book in.about five minuets "Maybe something about their powers over electricity?" she asks. If possible, maybe she could make her own energy look like theirs. It would go a long way to sell the illusion that she was one of them. At least until she was sure they wouldn't try to do her harm. After all, she only knew the basic attack and defense moves. Her weapon hasn't even found a form yet.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:21 am

It didn't take a genius where she was going with considering her previous book choices and what she had said. If it was what he thought he wasn't sure if such a thing was possible.

Then again, if skilled enough Farian's can make their objects they make with their own energy fool people they're real items until you look closer, its not a stretch.

Barioth silently handed them another book, this one more about their powers and anything else. It covered the more practical, some more advanced stuff and the theoretical.

It kinda saddened him Chrissy felt the need to go through such lengths, but he supposed seeing was believing. Once she learned they were for the most part a good open minded group, It wasn't to say there weren't people who wouldn't but one couldn't escape that almost anywhere.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:35 am

Chrissy flips through the book "Does Noreal have an 'Interweb' like Earth has?" she asks "Because if it does, I can just look up everything I need to know on there, couldn't I?" she asks as she absorbs another books knowledge.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:29 am

Barioth in response nodded. "A internet? Yes we do. That's where the social media comment I made comes from. This library doesn't have one since its old school but I have a computer and internet at home if you want to head back there instead."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:39 am

Chrissy looks around "I'll be back for all of you later." she says to the books as she gets up "Okay, I'm ready to go home now. I have a lot of catching up to do before I start school." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:38 am

Barioth led the way back to their home, and on the way there was a crime scene of sorts that was blocked off. Rish Sheppards were strolling about the scene as if trying to pick up something. He didn't really see what was going on, but hopefully it was nothing too serious but news did spread fast since it was a smaller town.

They arrived before too long, Barioth turning on the lights since it was slowly getting darker out. "Do you need me to teach you the basics of how to use a computer?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:44 am

Chrissy nods "Yes please. That would be great." she has seen the crime scene and had taken in everything in the area. If Barioth wanted, she could fill him in on what she could make out. But right now, she was going to learn things.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Barioth went to teach her the basics, as the good thing about her being a Mystic was the fact he Only had to show her how to do something once. After that he wouldn't have to show them a second time, still he wondered if learning things that easily came with downsides.

"..That's about the gist of it." He finished. "You think you have it or need anything else?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:41 pm

Chrissy shakes her head "No. I think I have it now." she looks over the keys. She starts off at a hunt-and-peck level of finesse as she types in the name of her people. She wanted to see what the general public knew of Mystics.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:43 am

As it turned out and what was to be expected, there was the basic knowledge of Mystics and their home world if one did a deep dive into things. There was no reports of any Mystic yet living there, but they had there fair share of visitors some short and longer term then others. Most were positive with interest of what it be like when the first of them deciding to live here; or really other races in general. Others were more lukewarm or even more hostile.

Though, for a world who only recently had any positive outsider interactions after surviving not one but two invasions they were surprisingly not too xenophobic. Though obviously the less glowing reactions sections was to be expected at least to some degree with some people even if they were the minority.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:21 pm

She figured they would have only the stuff the Circle wanted them to have. It didn't seem to cover any of their bloody history with the Outcasts or the oppression of the Circle, bending everyone to their will. So she decided to see what they had on Earth.

As night became day, Chrissy was still on the computer. She had found what Noreal had on Earth very fascinating. As savage as the people of Noreal and Elysium could be, the Earthlings were So much more brutal! And not just with Inhumans, but with each other.

She rubs her temples, and gets back to looking over all the information that this internet had. It was truly a wonderous invention.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:03 am

Barioth went back to sleep without much of a fuss, though he did talk to Relena via phone to say he was going have to decline getting involved in anything if it was big. His life was for the moment quite and he had someone to look after, they respected it and let it be though he still had no clue what it was.

He wondered if Clover would have liked it here.

The thought was pushed aside once more to the back burner though he wondered when death or the potential of someone he cared about came so..detached. Sure it was something needed for his job as losing friends was always a strong possbility but surely he shouldn't be this casual about it.

Then again sentient beings were inherently illogical and he wasn't going to have a shrink poke in his head to tell him how he shouldn't and should feel about something. Everyone handled things differently.

When he came down, he raised a brow at the young girl. "..Morning. Have you bee up all night?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:13 am

Chrissy looks.over to Barioth, then back to the computer "Yeah. But that's fine. I can go a few days without sleep." she says as she was almost rapidly clicking through pages "This internet is fascinating! You can find information on just about Anything related to either Noreal or Earth on this thing!" she says as she keeps clicking.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:55 pm

A few days? Considering apparently even a rookie of their kind could fight for a few days he supposed that made sense. "It is. It also can be addicting if not careful. Some things are harder to find if they don't want you to know. I imagine it's the same what we know of the Circle's history."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:50 pm

Chrissy shrugs. Since Barioth likely knew very little about the Circle, he probably couldn't Really say much about it. After all, it would be like Chrissy saying anything about the governments of Noreal, without really knowing anything about them.

She shakes her head "I suppose I can take a little break. I guess I lost track of time." she gets up and heads to the bathroom for a shower.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:22 am

Barioth watched her leave before heading in the kitchen to get himself some coffee; a day without it wasn't a day he wanted to start if he could help it anyway. When he was younger he had absolutely hated it which made it kind of funny he liked the taste of it at present.

He wanted to read the news, but with the net and most reading online it was sort of a dying medium. Call him old fashioned but he didn't like reading everything on a screen or tablet of some kind.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:45 am

Chrissy comes back after a few minuets, she was wearing a bathrobe, and sits back down at the computer and goes back to reading through the history of both Noreal and what little they knew of Earth and Elysium "This is quite interesting. Did you know that the Humans, until recently, didn't know that other races were indigenous to their planet?" she asks "And that their planet is in a near constant state of war with it's self?" she sounded amazed by this.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:54 pm

Barioth in the midst of making his morning coffee and getting settled answered. "I didn't know the first part or how something like that is even possible. As for the second, I heard. There's fights and scuffles going on as we speak on Noreal, but nothing quite like earth."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:37 pm

Chrissy nods "Oh yes and it gets worse for the Earthlings." she says "They use to poison their own planet with something called radiation. They Still do it to this day as well!" she chuckles "Clearly the Great and Terrible Galford gave the brains to the Mystics when he created the Humans." she says as she keeps clicking. She rubs her temples a bit.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:44 am

Barioth wasn't a religiously person but he tried to keep a open mind about things after all the things he had seen. But he did wonder why anyone would want to worship a deity considered terrible besides out of fear.

"You feeling all right?" He asked, noticing them rubbing their temples briefly a bit.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:53 am

Chrissy nods "Yeah. I just have a slight pain in my head. Not sure what it is or what's causing it. But I'm certain it'll go away on it's own:" she says. This was, surprisingly enough, the first headache she's ever gotten and she wasn't sure how to deal with it.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:05 am

This gave the older man a bit of pause at hearing how she described her headache. "It sounds like you have a headache. I would give you some pills, but I'm slightly worried if they might get a reaction out of you. They're made to deal with Noreal races and not Mystics and your biology is a bit different then ours."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:05 pm

Chrissy shakes her head slightly "I'll be fine. My people are very hardy." she says. She had never heard of a headache before. She would need to look them up and how to prevent them.

She stops what she was doing and suddenly stands up "I'm hungry." she says as she heads to the kitchen to get something to eat.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:05 am

Thankfully since they had done their runs the other things it meant there was Actually food for both of them to get to. Barioth did think of maybe getting a few other things, just wasn't entirely sure. Between the two of them they didn't need much and though he was conserving money, this house he personally owned and paid for so that was one less thing to worry about.

"So if you don't mind me asking, how was your old school back at your home?"
He never really bothered asking honestly.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next