First Days, New Faces

2 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

First Days, New Faces - Page 13 Empty Re: First Days, New Faces

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:09 am

Kyco conceded on that point and went to get a much smaller sword, in this case a saber as suggested. If she was learning then it only make sense to do something that was easier for her to learn. "Ok, I think this should be all right then."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:38 am

Abraxus nods "Okay, now get into the training area and take a few practice swings with it." he says "Get a feel for the weight and how it controls in mid swing." he says as he swings his sword a few times.

"Though, with a saber, it's mainly used as a stabbing weapon. You'll rarely use it to cleave anything." he says as he makes a few thrusts "It can be used for blocking as well." he makes a few blocking and parrying motions.

"There are some practice dummies set up over there. Let's go and try some thrusts and counter strikes." he says as he walks over to the human sized targets that have mock swords out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:21 am

The young woman listened to her new teachers words , taking them to heart. If she was going to learn she needed to disregard of things she thought she knew and keep a open mind.

Once he finished, she moved closer into position to practice some swings and counter strikes. It was Very different from a scythe and how she used it. However, Kyco had been in enough fights and using her weapon long enough it had to count for something.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:43 am

Abraxus would parry, parry, stab "As stated, the main way to use a saber is stabbing. Most everything else, is using it to get an opening at your foe to make your attack hit..." he says "Parry, parry, stab. That's how most usual sword fights go. Parry, parry, stab. If your opponent is skilled, there will me long instances between actual attacks and it can be blocks, counters, and parries:" he explains.

He moves in close to the training dummy "And there will be instances where things get close and personal and when that happens..." a dagger flashes in his hand and he makes a stabbing motion at the dummy "You carry some back up with you. However... he tosses the dagger away "If you don't have one..." he brings his saber's pommel to the side of the training dummies head, then his fist "Either works good."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:12 am

What Abraxus was saying made sense to the young woman. That Seemed to be somewhat the case with some of her friends but at the same time not as much. Kyco suspected it was different based on the sword.

As she followed along the best she could and listened to them she did have a small question. "So does that mean your style would change a lot depending on the sword? Like if you had a great or long sword?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:30 am

Abraxus nods as he puts his sword away "Oh yes. Each style of sword is made for a different purpose." he says as he picks up a long sword, like what Kyco had before.

He holds the grip, but puts his other hand on the pommel for added support "A long sword is the all arounder. It can be used to cleave or to stab, but like the two-handed sword, it's harder to control." he takes a few swings with it and unlike the saber, he has a harder time switching directions in mid swing.

He puts it back and picks up a great sword "Now These babies are strictly for cleaving." he holds the handle with both hands and swings it. He was unable to change directions mid swing "Plus, they require both hands to use properly." he puts it back "So, for now at least, I suggest you stick with the single handed saber. It may not have the reach, but it has the control." he draws his own sword again.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:01 am

Kyco found the lesson of swordplay interesting. How they were used and what mainly for. It was a odd quirk of hers that despite not liking the idea of fighting, she did have a apperciation of weapons and how they worked. If someone asked her though, she wasn't sure she be able to properly explain.

"All that makes sense to me." Kyco said as her teacher continued with the lesson. "I'll just stick with this for now then. After those, there's short swords right? Not sure how many there are. Sorry for the million questions I just find this sort of thing interesting."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:31 am

Abraxus shakes his head "I would find it odd if you didn't have questions." he says "Yes, there are many different types of short sword..." he digs through the pile and pulls a slightly chunky short sword out "This little fellow will be your friend and I recommend you get yourself one." he flicks a small switch on it and the blade fans out into three separate blades "This is called a Sword Breaker." he holds up a saber, catches the blade between the three blades of the short sword and gives it a twist, snapping the blade of the short sword clean in two "For obvious reasons."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:18 am

Kyco didn't reply at first, simply watching the display with interest. She knew there were other types of swords of course but she hadn't even known about the sword breaker thing. "Kind of like tools to a job. Some are better then others for certain ones right? It's not practical to carry one for every situation so probably a good idea to figure out what you might need before hand if you go into a dangerous territory."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:24 am

Abraxus nods "Exactly. That's why, unless it's an emergency, you won't see Hunters rushing head long into every potential situation without information on it." he says as he tosses the broken sword away "After lunch, I'll see about getting you a proper swordmaster to train you." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:22 am

The young woman was fine with that and she certainly could get something to eat at the moment. "Ok. I'll be looking forward to it. I definitely could get something to eat."

If she worked with them, it likely be more a civilian role but she wasn't sure in what capacaity. Still, as she said to herself before she needed to be ready just in case to better protect her loved ones. After this she planned on seeing what Camlo was doing, it had been a while.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Abraxus bid his farewell to Kyco and headed back to his office. He told the young woman that the trainer would be waiting in the same training hall she was just at.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:12 am

Kyco finished before too long, it wasn't overall too busy at this time compared to others. Once she was finished, she headed back to where Abraxus said to come back to, a bit curious of who it was going to be.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:42 am

As Kyco heads back to the training hall, there was a Young Man about in his early twenties, waiting there. He looks over to the young woman "Kyco Strider?" he asks "My name is Darius Gaiden. Abraxus Abraham said you needed someone to teach you how to handle a sword." he says to her.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:13 am

The young man seemed a interesting one, she couldn't tell if they were a normal human or not. Since this was about skill and learning in the end that part wasn't important.

Kyco went to shake his hand. "Nice to meet you. Thank you for taking some of your time to teach me."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:41 am

Darius nods "From now on, I would prefer it if you called me 'Master'." he says "If you have picked out your sword, go and pick up a practice one and we'll begin." he says as he waits.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:33 am

Kyco went to the sword rack to pick something, deciding to use one of the easier beginner friendly ones Abraxus had mentioned, something close enough to a saber and Then she was going to be ready.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:52 am

Darius nods "A saber, huh? It's a good starter. After you get a handle on that, I'll ask if you want to switch to a bigger sword or if you want to keep using that one." he says as he moves into the training circle "Okay, now follow my lead and do as I do." he says as he starts off with his Saber Training, but slowly, actually teaching Kyco the moves.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:02 am

Kyco didn't always get things on the first time or even the second time but once she did, she didn't need to be told a third time. She had been nervous she was just going to be shoved off the deep end of the pool when she first started her training.

Thankfully that wasn't the case. It was a much slower pace with being taught the basics to her rather then being shoved down her throat all at once.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:36 am

((Since everyone is training, it feels like the right time to close. Everyone is out and the thread is Closed.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13