First Days, New Faces

2 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

First Days, New Faces Empty First Days, New Faces

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:46 am

It had Finally happened.

Dysis had application and everything else had been accepted and now he was going into this uncertain new chapter in his life. It wasn't going to be a easy thing for sure, but he was still looking forward to the journey itself, it wasn't always about the destination as they say. While his old man had been one, hearing about and being actively involved were two different things.

As he was still new to, well pretty much everything the first step was getting to know his peers a bit. Being the new kid on the block just coming in wasn't anything new, not that he could say it was exactly the same as it is now. The Hunter HQ was one of said places, he hoped he wasn't the only newer person around.

He was going to keep a journal, nothing of too importance but he wanted to keep it as almost a sort of time capsule from here to maybe his future self.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

First Days, New Faces Empty Re: First Days, New Faces

Post by Namey Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:15 am

It wasn't Too long before Dysis gets a call from the Hunters, setting up an interview with a senior member and evaluation test.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Dysis figured that would be the case and not wanting to be late didn't waste any time in heading to the interview once it was time. It had actually been his first time being here and it wasn't what he had been expecting or had in mind. It was hard to say what exactly, just he had pictured it differently in his head.

__

A very attractive young woman came wandering into the HQ. Kyco was internally on the nervous side of things since this was her very first time being here, she was sure she had the directions right from Shadow.

She really had no interest in doing field work since she was tired of fighting, and killing she was less fond of. When the Trojan had invaded had been her first time, and though it might of been a necessary evil it wasn't something she ever wanted to repeat. She may of been created with all this power and had the potential to be a lot stronger still, but that didn't mean she wanted to live her life that way.

She went to the front desk to sign by the person up front. "So, um, I was told to come here being a intern but is there any place in particular to wait at?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:30 pm

It was about an hour that Dysis had to wait until he was called in to his interview. It was Abraxus Abraham who was conducting his interview and evaluation.

The half Devil motions for Dysis to sit, as he looks over his application "My name's Abraxus and I'm here to determine if you have what it takes to be a Hunter." he says, not looking up from what he was doing "What we'll be doing here is a simple Q&A interview, followed by a power evaluation in one of our gyms." he explains "If I like what I see, I'll recommend you to our council members for acceptance. If I don't, you'll be given a six month period of time where you can hone your techniques and skills and retry again." he finishes.

One of the guards at the front desk looks over his list "Hm... oh yes. The girl with no name. You're right here between John and Jane Doe." he says as he glares at the young Heartless "Who are you and what do you want, kid?" he asks, not sounding too pleases at the moment.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:41 pm

Dysis thought as much, he did know how to handle himself moderately well though his actual experience wasn't as much as some others. He could count on his right hand how many fights that involved more dire situations.

"That's fine with me. I'll do my best to answer."
He wasn't sure if Abraxus was fully human or not, though, again, didn't really matter.

___

Kyco ignored the man's attitude, she dealt with worse. "My name is Kyco Strider.  I am here because was signing up be a intern and was told I needed to come here to complete it." She should be on the list given she went through the process.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:53 am

Abraxus puts Dysis' resume down and focuses on the young man "It said that you've had relatives who were Hunters before. So what made you want to follow in their footsteps?" he asks "And more importantly, what do you have to contribute to the Hunters and how do you plan on making a difference, should you get accepted?" he asks.

The guard looks on his list and sees Kyco's name "See? That wasn't so hard." he says as he has her sign in and slides a visitor's badge to her "It says that Shadow is waiting for you. Best not to keep him waiting." he says as he opens the gate.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:13 am

Dysis had a idea already since he figured a varation of these questions would pop up with it being like a job interview. "I heard a lot about the Hunters from them. I decided after a bit its something I wanted to do to both help and give me more direction. As for what I have to contribute, I am very level headed person that's adaptable to new things and information. That my personal besides natural abilties, but I believe I'm not the only shadow user here. Mad was the one that helped a year ago during a incident with the Heavenly Host, which you probably heard of the place.."

Back when Tracy had been corrupted a bit by that one place he prefereed not to dwell too much on. He wasn't sure if Mad was a full time or free lancer, though he supposed it didn't matter.

Kyco was glad that was over with, and once that was done it was time to see Shadow. Harlan may of been there too, but if he was he was probably doing rearch.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:58 am

Abraxus ignored his question about Heavenly Host "Now, you know that the Hunters aren't like a normal job where you can just quit whenever you want, right? If you're with us, you're in it for the long haul." he says [cokor=#e0e0e0]"With that in mind, do you still wish to join our ranks?"[/color] he asks.

Waiting by the entrance, was Shadow. As usual, he didn't look too happy "Having some troubles with the front gate?" he asks, as if already knowing what had happened.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:22 am

Dysis noticed they just ignored the question for whatever reason but he didn't think too much about it currently. "Yeah, I know. I'm still ready to join."

____

Kyco shook her head. "A little, but its fine. Is Harlan here today too?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:02 am

Abraxus nods "Good to know." he mumbles, looking over Dysis' application again "Do you also realize that there Will be times where you get orders that go against your own moral compass? If such orders arise, how would you handle the situation?" he asks "For instance, what if you were told to take a child away from their parents and given no additional information? How would you handle it?"

Shadow leads Kyco inside "Yes. I believe he's in his dungeon with Mad. Not too sure what the two are doing down there, but that's where they always seem to be when not on missions, at least Mad." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:37 pm

Dysis thought for a moment. "I know it was more then likely you won'r always be able to keep your hands squeaky clean in a job like this.  I suppose I'd go with it, even if I was unhappy with it but it feels like I'm missing a few things far as conduct goes. Though I have to ask, is is it anything like the military? What I mean is is there such thing as unlawful order or a code of conduct you're suppose to follow? I know if your commanding officer orders you to so something shady , you can get into trouble as well, just following orders or not."

___

Kyco wasn't too surprised, Torin had told her the two were often hanging out together. It was said because they shared the whole darkness thing. "Sounds about right. And you? Have you been holding up?" Shadow was a work a aholic, the last time he had been off work he hadn't known what to do with himself.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Abraxus nods "We do. We try to keep the 'collateral damage' to an absolute minimum if we Reasonably can." he explains "But we can do whatever we need to defuse a situation. However, just trust that we have good reasons for what we do." he says as he gets up "Come on. It's time.for the practical test and then we'll get some lunch." he says.

Shadow shrugs "As well as can be expected." he grumbles "Considering that I now have to take at Least one day off every week." he says in a huff.

He shakes his head "But enough about me. We're here about you." he says, bringing the conversation back to Kyco "So, after some consideration, I have determined to put you on cafeteria duty. Something easy, considering how empty our mess hall usually is." he says "Once we have a better idea of what you can do, we'll assign you somewhere else."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:56 pm

That seemed relatively reasonable to the young man, there was of course a lot of things he was gonna have to learn from experience. He got up to follow after Abraxus. Further comment could wait until after this part was dealt with,

__

Kyco tilted her head slightly. "So, would I mostly be doing things like cooking and cleaning up around here? Things of that nature?" She could cook pretty well and she didn't mind getting a bit dirty to clean.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:06 pm

One of the Hunter's Many training halls has the usual training gear in it and even a large sparing room with various targets about "Okay, so, show me what you can do with your powers by taking out the targets as fast as you can and we'll move on from there." he says as he presses a button and the targets start to move, some slow, some fast.

Shadow shrugs "It's what ever the head of the kitchen wants you to do." he says, casually "The way we operate is each division is responsible for it's own. Like, a field agent can't tell a janitor or a kitchen worker what to do." he points out "And as soon as you report to the head of the kitchen, I won't have any more say in what happens."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:19 pm

Dysis saw the targets and decided the low hanging fruit, as in this case the slower targets were good to weed them out. The less of them there were around the faster he could finish, though it didn't mean he'd miss a mark for a faster target if presented to himself. He used his shadow tendrils to get to work. It May have been the most basic power he knew how to use, but he used it a lot so there was plenty of familiarity to it.

___

"Oh, ok" Kyco said, supposing that did make sense. "Who is the head of the kitchen?" It could just about anyone and she would be none the wiser probably.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:42 pm

Abraxus snaps his fingers after Dysis takes the targets out "I said this was a practical test, didn't I!" he asks "And targets on a wall don't post a challenge to you... do they?" he asks as the lights snap off.

Over by the far wall, a pair of yellow/orange/red burning eyes can be seen "Your new objective: Survive. By any means necessary." Abraxus says.

Shadow shrugs "I have no idea. But, I Do know it's gonna be the 'Lunch Rush' soon..." he says in air quotes and it was also Highly unlikely that Shadow didn't know the names and faces of everyone who lived and worked in Hunter HQ that's just how thorough Shadow was.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:48 pm

Dysis internally frowned, he wasn't sure who or what was behind the glowing eyes thing but it usually wasn't good in experience with them. So he kept more or less on his guard,.

__

"Well, whatever it is I'll do my best!"
Kyco didn't think Shadow was clueless about that detail but didn't ask about it. It didn't really matter too much to her in the end, but if he did know and didn't say anything she wasn't sure what the reasoning would be.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Whomever, or Whatever, Dysis was facing, was faster then his eyes could track! When the first attacks came, they came in the form of balls of dark energy, thrown as a weapon. These hit Close, but never directly, like they were trying to herd Dysis somewhere and they always came from.a different spot.

Shadow nods "I know you will. I wouldn't have suggested your name if I didn't think you could handle this place." he says, nods to the young woman, then heads off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:02 pm

As a personal rule of thumb, assuming other physical stats scaled to it, if something was faster then you could see it was usually stronger then you as well. It wasn't hard science or anything but it was something that served him well enough.

Who ever or whatever had the edge and seemed to be trying to herd him somewhere. He didn't plan on making it easy for them, even if it was easier said then done because he didn't know Where exactly. He used his shadow shield as a deterrent when they bolts of energy came a bit too close to his liking. Dodging was near impossible since he wasn't sure where it was coming from never mind he wasn't sure if he could or not anyway.

___

Kyco wasn't sure about the head kitchen person but she figured she'd find out soon enough. The obvious place to start was the kitchen area and go from there she supposed, if anyone was around.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:51 am

As Dysis was trying to dodge the unseen attacks, something suddenly flashes directly in front of him and he found himself staring into the burning eyes of Mad Rad, for about a second, then in a blur of darkness, Mad was gone! Suddenly, someone kicks Dysis' legs out from under him.

As Kyco waits, an older woman comes talking out. She looks to.be in her sixties. She looked American "Well hello there, suga. Can ah assume that you are Kyco?" she asks with a good ol' southern accent "Y'all can call me Annie-Em. Good ta meetcha, darlin." she says as she wipes her hand on her apron and holds it out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:57 am

Dysis wasn't able to stop the leg kicking, so the second best thing was to soften his fall and roll away back. He lashed out with one of his tendrils where he Thought his target was since he was hard to see.

____

Kyco heard that accent a few times but never a person in real life she met in the flesh. She rather liked it. The young woman smiled and shook her hand. "Yeah, I'm Kyco and its nice to meet you. I'm new around here but I'll do my best. Just let me know what I need to do."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:04 pm

Abraxus holds up a hand as the lights snap on, which Instantly causes Mad to stop in his tracks, like someone hit the pause button on him. Which was a good thing, since his fist was aimed right at Dysis' face and was less than a foot away!

Mad moves away so fast that all that could be seen, were whisps of darkness, which only showed what direction he had gone, which was back into the darkness.

Abraxus holds out a hand for Dysis "You did good. I can see you have potential." he says "With some serious training under your belt, you could be someone to watch out for." he says with a nod.

Annie-Em nods "I got no doubts about that, darlin. But for now, would ya care ta help me plate some of this here food up?" she asks "We gonna have Hungry, Hungry Hunters coming through those doors ina few hours." she says, holding out a ladle to Kyco.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:34 pm

Dysis accepted the other man's hand, it was a good thing it stopped because Mad would have clobbered him easily. It didn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. "Thanks. I could barely see them most of the time. Good thing they weren't serious."
___

Kyco smiled a bit, she felt she was going to like the older woman. "Of course. I'd be happy to help." She took the ladle in her hands. "So how many of us are normally working in the kitchen?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Abraxus nods "Yeah. Mad can be tough to fight against. Especially when he gets serious." he says as he hauls the young man up "With some training, we can find a place for you here." he says as he starts out, motioning for Dysis to follow "We'll review everything that's happened and give you a call in a few days." he holds out a hand "Sound good?"

Annie-Em thinks for a moment "Today? Probably four, includin us, darlin." shebsays as she brings some tubs of food over to Kyco, so she can plate them up "Now, some days are more busy then other are, dependin on what we are servin." she says "Today's meal is meatloaf with steamed vegetables and pecan pie for dessert."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Dysis didn't see a issue with that, it sounded pretty reasonable to him for the most part. He shook his hand after he held it out. "Sounds good to me. Now you mentioned something about lunch?" He was rather hungry at the moment so it was something that came to mind of what they said earlier.

______

Four people? That didn't seem as much but she seen what one good cook could do; though she guessed depending they might have more staff then usual. "I've made both before, just not as much as the later. I really, really, like the taste but it doesn't like me."

It wasn't a allergic reaction or anything just her tummy didn't feel so well afterwards. At the moment, though, she needed to focus on food brought to her.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next