First Days, New Faces

2 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

First Days, New Faces - Page 2 Empty Re: First Days, New Faces

Post by Namey Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:43 am

Abraxus nods "Indeed I did. It'll also give a little time to talk the Hunters and our mission." he says as he heads Dysis out and to the mess hall. It wasn't lunch time yet and in truth, Abraxus wasn't hungry. So he just got himself some coffee and sat down.

Annie-Em finished up getting the pie ready and tosses it in to bake when one of the stronger Hunters comes wandering in. It was Abraxus and he had a new friend. He got some coffee, like always, and sat down.

She looks over to Kyco "This place is popular for most Hunters to just sit and thing, or talk with others and since it's usually quiet here, some even come in to catch a few hours sleep." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:02 am

Dysis was a bit curious of the others he might see, though one thing at a time he supposed. It was surprisingly quite around the mess hall but that probably had to do with it not being lunch? It was a good guess.

"So if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been doing this?" He didn't want anything to drink, at least not yet.

____

The young woman supposed that made sense. She wasn't sure of the Exact layout of the place but maybe there weren't too many places just to be quite outside of one's room or something. "I see. It seems like it be kinda..uncomfortoable? I guess is the word. Then again had a few power naps on a desk when I needed to."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Abraxus shrugs "I've been a Hunter for a little over five years." he says "For a little bit, I was juggling being a Hunter And a Bounty Hunter. I don't recommend doing that." he sips at his coffee.

Annie-Em looks over to Abraxus "That good looking hunk of young man is Abraxus Abraham. He's one of the important ones that work here. He usually just gets coffee." she says.

Another person comes walking in. He was wearing army pants and an old army jacket, with a black shirt, a hat that shadowed his face and had burning yellow/orange eyes. He wanders over to a darkened part of the mess hall and sits there.

"And that there is Mad Rad... he usually doesn't order anything and just sits there most of the time, watching things." she says "He kinda gives ol Annie-Em the heebie jeebies." she says with a light chuckle.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:51 pm

"I can see that. Being a Hunter seems it take too much time to try to juggle another busy job along side of it.
" Dysis didn't see how any feasibly could do it, unless maybe they didn't have to sleep or rest but even then he didn't see it.

There was something he was a bit curious about. "So if things work and I'm allowed in would I be the only vampire of some kind working with you?" He knew other non humans worked with them but he doubted it. He wasn't entirely sure if Abraxus was human, or at least completely; and Mad didn't seem like it but then who was to really say with him.

___

Kyco wasn't sure about Mad though she did believe in giving everyone a chance and seeing for yourself first when meeting new people. She only knew a bit about Mad through Torin but not really all that much. Abraxus she also knew only somewhat due to her brother, he was handsome though she'd admit that much. Maybe some of the others were pretty handsome too in their own right when they got there.

Kyco wasn't boy crazy or anything like some of her friends but it wasn't like she was blind.

"I'll keep that in mind." She said to the last part of what the older woman said. "So do any of other big fish come down here often to eat or they more a rare sight?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Abraxus shakes his head "Sorry, but that's privileged information." he says "Understand that most Hunters work in 'Cells', kinda like groups, but they have a certain amount of autonomy." he explains "Only members of the Hunter's Council know where everyone is assigned to."

Annie-Em shakes her head "No such thing, Darlin. Most of the big shots usually stay in their offices." she says as she looks.over to the clock "Well, it's just about time for the 'Lunch Rush', so get ready." she chuckles at her own joke.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:01 pm

While a bit of a let down, part of Dysis expected a answer like that so e wasn't too surprised. Besides he supposed it be more interesting finding out what some people were; if it came up in a conversation naturally it be rude just to ask people.

"I see. So are people just randomly assigned to different Cells or they request to go somewhere and see where it goes from there?" Fair question to ask if he was going to be around. Hopefully not completely random and they at least see if the person would fit in with a particular group but if not he'd just have to deal with it.

Paperwork? She wouldn't wish such a thing on her mortal enemies.

"Yep! I'm all fired up and ready to go! Kinda nervous though, but that's just because I'm new in here. I'll be acting partly as a waitress getting over with orders when it starts right?"
Well, she assumed so anyway since someone with a lot of energy had to be running around when it got busy.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:58 am

A couple of Hunters walk in and wave to Abraxus, who just nods before focusing back on Dysis "No. Hunter Cells are carefully picked out, unless some like minded individuals ask to form their own Cell." he explains "It won't do anyone any good if we just put random people together without seeing if they can even work well together." he points out.

[Cokor=#e0e0e0]"My own Cell was comprised mostly of people with a dark type nature or those who could 'handle' people of a dark nature, should it become necessary."[/color] he says, looking into his coffee, as if reflecting on the past.

Annie-Em shrugs "If you want to, sure." she says as she serves up the two Hunters who just came in. They take their own seats away from both Abraxus and Mad.

"We're usually not busy enough to need someone to wait on tables and most people usually put the trays away, but you can go for it if-in ya want."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:24 am

It was more or less what Dysis thought, just hadn't been sure. "Makes sense. I figured the process wasn't completely random but I'm getting a ahead of myself. Still doesn't hurt to ask questions." It seemed like Abraxus might of been thinking of something but thought it best to leave it alone for now.

There weren't many Hunters just yet and thus far they all looked human but he knew that didn't mean anything.

____

The young woman conceded the point, though if it did get busy enough she supposed she'd go out there herself. "Hm. Ok, just wasn't too sure. Thank you for being so kind and patient with me on my first day."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:44 am

Abraxus nods as he stands "I hate to have to cut this short, but I'd better file your application and see about getting the ball rolling on getting you in." he says as he nods to Dysis "Stay in the visitor areas and you'll be fine. We also have a gift shop open now." he says as he starts off.

Annie-Em shakes her head "Think nothing of it, darlin." she chuckles "It may be hard to believe, but I was your age once as well. And let me tell ya, things were certainly different in the late 90s."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:31 am

"It was nice meeting you, take care."

After Abraxus left, it left the young man alone to mull over his thoughts a bit of what he had seen and experienced so far. From what he could see, the Hunters that did come in either had a group which they seemed to know while others like Mad seemed to be loners and went somewhere alone.

So kinda like high school again. New and no idea about anything or where to to first.
Dysis supposed he get something to eat and maybe head to the gift shop for his sister for later.

Maybe he'd try to interact with some here, if they didn't give 'leave me alone' vibe like some did or seemed busy enough with their own group.

__

This made Kyco more then a bit curious. "Different? Different how? Are you talking about the Hunters or just in general?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 am

((I'm assuming Dysis is going over to the other Hunters. If not I'll change it.))

As Dysis approaches the two, they stop talking "Can we help you?" one asks.

"You were talking with Abraham earlier, weren't you?" asks the other "Are you two friends?" he asks.

"Never knew that Devil could Make friends." says the first Hunter "I hear he doesn't even visit his family, who moved to Japan just to be closer to him."

"And then there was his old Cell. Rumor has it that--" he stops in mid sentence as Mad was just standing there, right behind Dysis, his eyes were burning in the shadow of his hat as they were locked onto the two Hunters!

Annie-Em shrugs "Just in general, darlin." she says "Ya need to understand, dear, the world was much different. The Hunters were still keeping things quiet, and most of the natural races on Earth were still in hidin and Zoanthropes had Just started coming out into the open to a, mixed reception." she explains.

She sees things starting to get a little mean spirited between the three men out there and was about to do something, when she sees Mad stand up and was just Gone! Only slight whisps of dark smoke was any indication that he was there, or where he had gone, which was right behind the new young man who was trying to talk to the two Hunters, who stop talking as soon Mad showed up.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:57 am

Dysis frowned a bit. He didn't know Abraxus, not really. That said he didn't think it fair to judge someone without knowing the details. He also didn't like the say they said devil, maybe didn't mean anything but prior experiences soured him with that sort of thing.  "I don't know them but I think you're being unfair-" He cut himself off from finishing due the feeling he got and the Hunters shutting up.

It was Mad. Ah. It made sense they be quite. Either way the two Hunters put him off from wanting to interact with them anyway. He really still had no idea what to make of Mad beside the feeling he gave off. "..I'll talk two later." Not really, at least he didn't have as much interest in talking to the two after that. Most of everyone else had seemed busy or pre occupied so maybe it was best to buy something from the gift shop and head out for now if he found anything there of interest anyway.

___

Kyco tried to be friends with or at least cordial terms with most people she met; though it wasn't everyone. The new person seemed a bit lost, so she was thinking of befreinding them. Or at the least maybe meeting a few people in general once she was free to do so, she was a people person and always liked making new friends when she could help it.

The young woman hadn't been paying attention to the area Annie was looking at, so once she stopped and was looking it got her attention. "What happened?" All she looked up to see was Mad seeming to glare at two Hunters who now choose to shut up and be just behind the newbie.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:29 am

The gift shop had the usual supplies in it. T-shirts, coffee mugs, balloons, cute versions of various creatures made into plushies. There were dvds of different take downs of violent Inhumans ah-la Cops style and behind the front desk, was a Way too cheerful young woman "If you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to ask."

Annie-Em shakes her head "It's nothin, darlin. Nothin that folks can't settle." she says as the situation defused it's self "Let's be gettin back to work."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:14 am

Dysis was looking around for something of interest, he didn't see anything his mother, Masako or any of the older people in his circle would like. On the other hand, a plushie sounded absolutely perfect for his little sister. "How much for those plushies? I'll take about two of them if they aren't too expensive for my little sister."

____

Kyco let it go after that, she was older and been around here longer so she trust their judgement on that front. "All right then. Just wondering how long are our hours typically around here before we get off?" She was thinking of maybe mingling with some of the people there. Long as she didn't leave the mess hall or visiting areas it should be fine.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:39 am

The young woman who hadn't stopped smiling since Dysis entered looks.over to him "All small plushies are 1,050 yen and the big ones are 1,550 yen." she says in a cheerful voice.

Annie-Em thinks for a bit "Well, most of the kitchen helpers only work six hours. I work considerably longer." she says "There's meal prep, serving the hungry from breakfast to dinner, next day prep, and finally cleaning and closing." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:55 pm

Dysis paid, thanking the woman behind the counter before leaving the Hunter HQ for the moment. It had been a interesting day, technically not his Actual first day yet and besides Abraxus a bit, he didn't know anyone but he was sure that would change once he became a real member and been there long enough.

Growing up, his relationship with Masako had been a interesting one with them being with them being like a aunt. Only issue is once puberty hit or more particularly the young teenagers years which led to confusing and awkward years. She was kind of hard not to notice which led to internal screaming . Things were fine now but he did not miss those times.

At the destination there was a tea shop, but there didn't seem to be many people there at the moment which suited him just fine. Off to the side was Masako another young woman who was speaking to her about something. A young girl was with them. She looked normal save for the wings, the left one which had some bandages.

Dysis didn't hear what they were talking about, but he wasn't trying to be nosey. Never the less the conversation was soon done after Masako handed them some type of bag of tea. "Sorry about that, just some regulars of mine. The little one there likes tea too, So how was your first day Mr. Big shot?"

In response he gave a mental shrug. "I think it went all right, seems I left a decent impression so just waiting a day or two before I hear anything back.  I did kind of feel slightly out of place, but that's really only because I didn't know anyone yet or have a regular group to hang out with. Kinda expected since I'm not offically there yet."

There was a brief pause as Masako pulled out a pad. "You know, I don't fully trust the Hunters but I trust you and that's enough for me. You didn't happen to see any of my kind there?"

He shook his head a bit. "No, but again I was really barely there so I can't tell you how they were treated or anything if that's more you're asking."

"Hm. About figured. Your usual then?"

"Yeah. Just a bit extra."

Dysis watched Masasko leave to the back, though one of her employee's was around to watch over things while he began idly looking through his phone.

He still found it strange how she seemed skittish about the subject of Nixa, the one he met Taki was her name? She seemed nice enough; nothing like any stories he had been told but he supposed the truth was probably more complicated and in the middle somewhere.

Kyco nodded and went back to work; there was no use just dragging her feet when there was work to be done after all. She had about two more hours if her math was right since she had lost a bit of track of time on her very first day. She did plan on socializing after work, but then depending she may have to leave and take care of a few things outside first.

She had the 'bright idea' earlier to try to follow Nicole, but it had quickly burned out because: A: she had nowhere to even Start looking and it be similar to looking for a needle in a haystack; and two no ship which to get there and nor did she know how to drive it or have enough money to pay someone to. So for now she'd just have to hope she was all right.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:59 am

As the two were talking, the door to the tea shop opens and a rather tough looking Oni Woman comes marching in, followed by a small Younger Oni.

The larger one places her club down by the entrance as the two look for a place to sit "but big sister..." the smaller one whispers "isn't this place a little too out in the open? what if they see us?" she asks, looking around.

The older one shakes her head "It can't be helped. We need food and drink. Three days is long enough without either." she says "If a fight breaks out, we'll be next to useless in it." she points out.

The younger Oni moves closer "but, we have no money..." she mumbles.

This gives the older one pause, before she continues to a table "We'll work something out." she mumbles as well.

Shadow was waiting for Kyco at the end of her shift "So, how did things go today?" he asks, as if he wasn't keep tabs on her "Anything fun and exciting happen?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:42 pm

When the door bell rang signaling new guest, Dysis briefly looked to see what seemed to be two Oni girls, He didn't remember ever seeing them before so probably not any friends of Masasko.

Speaking of whom, she came back with some tea not too long after the fact. "There you go, just as you you like them. There's not as much honey left right now I'm afraid so it'll have to wait."

"It's fine, you know by now I'm not that up tight about it." Dysis knew in his brief work in retail how picku people could be. "Those friends of yours?" The question was obviously about the only other Oni around.

"I don't know them, still its always nice to have new customers. Excuse me for a moment." Masako went towards the other two to greet them and see what they wanted. "Afternoon you two and welcome. Is there anything in particular you want today?"

__

Kyco actually liked Shadow's company, but she had noticed he seemed a bit more open to her then the average person. At least compared to those she saw interact with him anyway. "Yeah. I had a lot fun learning the ins and outs of things. I think I'm going to really like working in the kitchen."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:33 am

The older Oni "Um, can we get a menu?" she asks, clearly trying to buy some time while she thinks of something "Um, you're an Oni as well, right?" she asks, if a bit hesitantly, as Oni aren't the favored people out there.

The front door opens again and yet another Oni comes walking in. He looks around, then takes a seat and waits for Masako to get to him.

Shadow had grown fond of the young woman as well. She reminded him of himself, when he was younger and full of hope and optimism for the future. He had none of those things now, however.

"You know that you're going to be reassigned to a new area tomorrow, right?" he asks "As a floater, you go where you're needed. Chef Annie-Em needed help today because one of sous chefs called off." he explains "Tomorrow will be a new job, a new adventure." he says as he looks over to Kyco "Are you up for it?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:59 am

Dysis briefly took note of the other entrance, another Oni from the looks of things. It wasn't anyone he recognized so it was probably someone else Masako didn't know. Maybe the small tea shop word was being spread quietly word of mouth or something, since he was noticing a pattern of some of Masako's earlier clients.

Still, while interesting he didn't think too much on it but took note anyway just in case. After all it was probably a Hunter thing to take note of stuff as a just in case.

Masako gave a small smile giving them both a menu. "Of course. take your time and. And yes, I am a Oni but you may call me Masako." She was pleased her little hole in the wall was getting more attention. She was a bit curious what brought two Mountain Oni here, but re-framed for now.

She excused herself and went to the other customer; Sammy coming to work part time would be a help in more ways then one.. She did have one soon today. "Afternoon and welcome. How may I help you today?"

__

Kyco didn't mind too much, it could be fun. She smiled but shook her head. "I don't mind. It's just a chance to meet other people and learn new things so I'm more then up to it."

Kyco mood dampened slightly a bit, hesitating. "..Have you heard anything at all about Nicole hitting planet side on our end?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:51 am

The sisters both huddle behind the menu, but were keeping an eye on the City Oni who entered. Speaking of whom... He looks over to Masako "Yes, thank you." he says with an English accent "May I get a milk tea and a scone with strawberry jam, please?" he asks. While he Seemed nice enough, there seemed to be lack of anything behind his words and his eyes were almost hollow looking. Like he was empty inside, with no soul.

Shadow shakes his head "No. And it's likely that we won't be the first to know if she Does come back." he says as he signs Kyco out and starts to escort her out of HQ. Because while they Were well disciplined Hunters, they were Also plenty men there to leer at the young woman's generous figure and with Shadow with her, they usually wouldn't risk his anger for a peek.

"We've, entered into an agreement with Paragon Corp. Any near Earth objects, such as possible alien contact, Paragon Corp's star fleet, I can't believe I just said that, will make first contact and report how it went to us..." Shadow didn't sound too happy about that "However, we asked that one of our representatives be present during extraterrestrial encounters."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:25 am

Masako did notice that, even so she couldn't say what it was. Trauma of something perhaps? Maybe something else? She wasn't a expert but she figured her a somewhat decent judge of character and it was hard to read.

Never the less, they had done nothing but be cordial so she put it in the back of her mind. "Will do. I'll return in a moment."

It didn't take her too long to return the young man with his things. "Here you go, enjoy. If you need me again I'll be around or a co worker of mine soon will be when they return. I have to attend my other guest again."

She reached the two young women again. "Have you two decided on anything?"

Kyco figured that was the case, or Shadow would have mentioned it knowing how incredibly worried she was about Nicole. Nicole was strong but she was alone, and also against unknown enemies. If she didn't return. Kyco was going to be more inclined to think she had found some place she liked more and settled down then the alternative.

As for the men, she didn't pay them any mind or hold it against them for looking long as they didn't go over the line. It did let her know she was a young woman now; plus she wouldn't mind having a boyfriend. Long as they weren't a jerk.

"Huh, Star Fleet? Like the one from that old T.V. show?" Kyco tilted her head slightly. "Didn't know that. I'm guessing the reason it was arranged because Paragon has the most advanced space traveling tech and none of the governments and its privately owned?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:44 pm

The big sister shakes her head "Not yet. We're still deciding." she says, as she eyes the young man a little, before going back to the menu.

The other Oni was sipping his tea and nibbling on his scone "This tea is quite delicious and this scone is so fluffy." he says, sounding delighted, but it sounded empty as well.

Shadow nods "Exactly... in fact, Paragon Corp's space program is decades past anything we've even dreamed up." he says with a frown "And to top it All off, in addition to being a private company, it's run by the Ex Infamous Serial Killer, Cedrick Darkside, whom Everyone thought was dead." he grumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:10 am

"All right. I'll be nearby so just let me know then." Masako nodded and let them be for now, she was just going to interact with Dysis a bit more since it was slow at the moment with no customers, or well no more she should say.

"Glad you liked. Do you need anything else?" Masako asked the other Oni politely. He sounded a bit strange and off, but nothing really beyond that,

Dysis wasn't sure what to make of the newcomer just yet; maybe he was being overly protective and thinking too much. His Spidey sense hadn't completely started blaring and he was completely up in arms of anyone that sounded strange he'd be in a world of hurt to where he lived. The other two seemed fine to him, they were attractive in their own way.

He might have a slight Oni girl thing, but that was probably in part of growing up around Masako.

___

"Yeah.." Kyco wasn't sure what to think of the whole thing honestly. "On the potentially brighter side maybe earth will one day live up or close to those ideals of the name itself. Seems very unlikely but stranger things have happened in my short years of being alive."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:40 am

The Oni guy finishes his tea and leave the money for it on the table before heading towards the exit, he pauses by the sisters "Lord Satake expects you to abide by the ruling of your clan, even if you're no longer with them." he says as he starts off, not waiting for a reply.

The big sister shoots up "He's Not getting Arai!" she yells back to him "Not while I still draw breath!" she chases out after him, grabbing her iron club and leaving her sister inside.

Shadow nods slowly "A world without war, sickness, poverty, bigotry, or racism? A world where the driving force is to betterment of all life and not greed or power? A world where identity politics and petty public outcry is a thing of the past?" he asks and nods again "I'd say that's a world worth fighting for."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next