No One Else

2 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

No One Else - Page 4 Empty Re: No One Else

Post by Namey Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Janice nods "I can understand that. But actually Meeting your God tends to make one a believer." she says, recalling the Mighty and Terrible Galford fighting against the old Arch Bishop.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:46 pm

"I suppose so." That or made people hate them instead of disbelieving depending on the person and deity in question. She had heard of people who believed the Christian God was real, but was malevolent so they hated them.

If such a being existed and they were indeed omipotent, then it would fit right in Lovecraft's cosmic horror genre. It was a genre Nosferartu liked, as there was something of the primal fear of something you couldn't fight against that at best regarded you and yours with indifference. Or similar to that one story with reality just being a dream of such a being that would end once they woke up.

That was the philosophical questions she loved to chew on, what was 'real' so to speak.

"Just curious, why is Galford called terrible?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Janice shrugs "Because he is a mighty and terrible God. Having created us, he was displeased with what he saw and he locked us away." she explains "Plus, his fury can be, quite impressive, as is the power he has." she says "He Is a God after all." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:23 pm

"Point." Nikki conceded, she didn't have much to add to that.

Vira was planning on meeting her band mates once she was done here though she had many things to think about. One of them was a new bodyguard since her old one was now retired and living with their family, so she wouldn't take that away from them. Maybe Smoke if he was still around, only thing was she had no way to contact them. Though if that did go through, she was going to request them being around regularly so she could Actually get to know them.

"So have you two decided what you're going to do when you grow up?" Vira asked the two children, partly curious because kids were funny and partly to kill time as they got closer to Alister.

Kylie tapped her chin. "I wan to be an Vanguard like daddy was."

"We'll, that'll be a rough road if you decide to do it. But the Vanguard don't exist here sweetie." Vira and Nikki didn't encourage it, but Kylie seemed to be determined to do something along those lines. It wasn't helped she was more a tomboy then Vira was growing up was naturally more aggressive, but thankfully in the good natured sort of way instead of the worrying kind.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Sarah brightens up "I want to be an Elite Guard like my big sister, Jenny!" she says. It was no secret that idolized her big sister, just like it was no secret that Jennifer adored and thought the world of her baby sister.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:03 pm

That gave Kylie ideas, which were dangerous. "Then if Vanguard isn't here I could join Sarah!" If it was something her best friend wanted to do and she liked it, then she wanted to do it too. The maid uniforms were cool too.

Vira chuckled. "Sorry to say, but pretty sure you have to be a Mystic for that." That and she wasn't sure Kylie would ever get strong enough to make the cut as it would require some very harsh training.

"Oh." Kylie seemed downcast, it popped a hole in her little tires.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Sarah blinks after a bit of thinking "I'm...not sure if non Mystics can join the Elite Guard or not..." she says.

Janice smiles "Well, I know just whom to ask and he's right there." she says, nodding.

Alister was sitting at a coffee shop, dressed like a normal, average Joe, peacefully sipping at his coffee, watching the world pass him by.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Nikki was happy to see him, he was dressed down this go around instead of his usual business clothes. "Afternoon Alister., good to see you in good health."

Kylie was too, she ran up to them both because she was excied to see them, and her question. "Alister! Alister! Can I please join the Elite Guard? with Sarah"

Vira smiled, ruffling her hair making Kylie move her hands up to stop her big sister. "Slow down Kylie. It's good to see you, you had some of your people a bit worried."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Alister blinks in a surprise "Can you..." he starts, but composes himself "When you're older, I don't see why not." he says to Kylie.

He looks over to the others "Hello, ladies..." h says as he gets up "It's good to see all of you in good health..." he motions for them to sit "Please, join me."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Kylie, Vira and Nikki all sat down once it was offered. Kylie opted to sit where ever Sarah was, since the two tomboys were stuck at the hip as was.

"So how have you been? Its been a little bit since we last talked."
Nikki started; but it was understandbale since he was a very busy man.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Alister nods "Indeed it has. It's regrettable, but necessary." he says as he waves someone over "But the work I'm doing will, hopefully, benefit all of us." he says.

He takes a breath as he looks back to the hustle and bustle of the city "I just needed to take a break from it all. he mumbles "Despite all the hard work you've been doing to help, Janice, there's just no 'How To' guide when it comes to being the leader of a people."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:39 pm

"I don't know what its like being an leader, but I do understand about taking breaks. Now though, I'm going to start singing again, and hopefully bring my band together, for those who still want to." Vira says.

"Indeed. I know Espen gets the same way too. We all need breaks, so if you ever feel like just coming over just to relax you know my door is open." Nikki also hoped things worked out with Espen, he had been brooding since Jennifer left. Not to outsiders, but to those who knew him well. Perhaps it would be the needed trigger.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Alister smiles at Vira "I believe you just made a Lot of people happy." he says. It was no real secret that many of the Mystic people had a thing for Vira's music and the fact that she confirmed that she was getting back into singing again, meant there were going to be more Mystics on Earth than ever before.

He sighs "Of course, you are correct, Nikki." he says "And I thank you. I didn't mean to cause concern or an uproar at the Embassy." he mumbles "It's just been a long week. I've finally calmed things down with the Shokan and as a show of gratitude, they have invited us to join in the Mortal Kombat tournament..." he almost grumbles.

He shakes his head "Of course my people will e free to enter, but I will ask that they don't." he was obvious that Alister wasn't a fan of the Mortal Kombat tournament.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 pm

"Ah, yes. I heard of it..." Vira trailed off a bit.

"I don't like to look down on other aspects of cultures, but it always just..seemed barbaric and a pointless waste of life. Though my people used to do similar things. It was just for entetainment. We aren't too proud of that aspect of our past." She mumbled.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Alister nods "Even the Humans use to practise such...values...at one point." he mumbles.

He decided it was time to change the subject, since the children were around "So, Sarah, how are your studies coming along?" he asks.

The young girl jump to her feet "They are slowly making sense, Lord Arch Bishop." she says "Humans are, um, confusing...or, uh, confused..I guess..." she mumbles the last part.

Alister laughs lightly "Indeed they are, young one. Indeed they are." he says as he looks back out to the passers by "And although it might not see like it now, they are a great people and they will surprise all of us one day." he says.

Sarah tilts her head slightly "Lord Arch Bishop, are Humans Really that great?" she asks.

Alister loos back over to her, the smile never leaving his face "Of course, young one. I have seen both the very worst and the very best in Humans and their light, their capacity for good, vastly outweighs their darkness." he explains, looking back out "Alden was proof of that."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Vira smiled. "I believe you, or rather I believe them. After all, they change rapidly and if my people can change a lot from what they were, so can they."

"I think the same." Nikki said. "Though on another note, I wanted to let you know that I recently completed my training to be an wedding planner last week. If you have any people who are getting married soon, let me know and I won't charge much. I'm trying to build a reputation for myself so I have to start somewhere."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:08 pm

Alister nods "I'll keep you in mind, for sure." he says with a smile. In truth, Mystic weddings were different from Human ones. But he had no doubts that Nikki could adapt to the change.

He sighs, then gets up "I guess, it's time to get back to work." he says as he tossesĀ  few gems on the table.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Nikki was a bit disapointed, she didn't really get to spend much time with Alister but that's how it usually was. He Was an leader of an entire people and had the burden of such. "It's always too soon. Are you heading back?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Alister nods "Yes. But only back to the embassy. I still have business on Earth." he says "I know it's a long way, but yo can visit any time you want. All three of you." he offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:40 am

Nikki looked down briefly at Kylie then back to Alister. "We'll..at the moment I have extra free time so me and Kylie can tag along. I can't speak for Vira."

"I would love to, but I have a few things to do here and a few people to try to get into contact again. Next time though." Vira turned to Alister. "When I get things together, I'll see about having your world as the first part of our return tour since your people seem to like my music so much."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Alister nods "Is there some place you would like me to drop you off at, before I head back to the embassy?" he asks Vira. It wouldn't seem right just Leaving her at the coffee shop, especially after she came all the way to find him, with Nikki, Kylie, and Sarah.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Vira had to think a bit. "We'll, maybe just fifth advenue since there is someone I have to visit over there."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Sarah lightly tugs on the hem of Vira's shirt "Could you take me home first?" she asks.

Alister nods "I agree. Let's get Sarah home first, then I'll take yu to your destination." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:43 pm

"Of course. We wouldn't want her to miss her curfew. We did say we'd have her back before then." Vira offered Jennifer her hand, but was up to her if she wanted to take it, she was really fond of the young Mystic. It helped she loved children in general.

Nikki smiled but focused back on Alister. "Now that we have you safe and sound, we don't have to take the long back to bring her back."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Alister nods "Indeed. We should take our time. Curfew isn't for some time." he says "Maybe we should get something to eat, you know, to tide us over until dinner." he suggests, which got a loud growls from Sarah's stomach.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum