Battles From Far Beyond

2 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Battles From Far Beyond - Page 4 Empty Re: Battles From Far Beyond

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:42 am

There was one small thing Dysis was curious about he decided to ask. "So you mentioned that your kind pulls from a central source. So does that mean you can't completely generate it if at all without it?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:05 am

Andrew shakes his head "No, no. We Can create our elements, it's just a Very haard skill to learn. So most prefer to just carry their elements with them or use the environment to pull from." he explains "And very skilled Jinn can even tap into 'sub-elements'. A different style of bending based off of a single element. Like someone with earthbending can manipulate the minerals in metal to bend it to their will or a waterbender can manipulate the fluids inside of a person to force them to do what they want. Basically turning them into a puppet." he tells them "Fortunately, even amongst us Jinn, there are certain practices that are outlawed. Bloodbending is one of them." he assures them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:02 am

Dysis was hardy a expert and his knowledge was limited. But it seemed like Jinn were potentially better off then the Noreal races that could use elements. Mainly because even if they were extremely good at it to the point pulling pretty much supernatural things with them if they were skilled and strong enough, it was just one element.

"So you said Bloodbending is outlawed. What else is? If you don't mind me asking." He asked, more idle conversation and being curious.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:23 pm

Andrew thinks for a moment "Oh lets see, the big ones are Metalbending, Bloodbending, Combustionbending, Suffocation with Airbending..." he pauses to think "I believe those are the big ones... Oh! Lavabending is also illegal." he adds "They are adding and removing smaller ones to the list all the time so we Jinn need to stay up to date with what's what." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:23 pm

Dysis slowly nodded. "I don't know about Veeden and others what is or isn't legal." Still, he supposed it didn't much matter. "On another subject, when is your brother's birthday? If it didn't pass already then be something to keep in mind so Cassia can be there."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:29 am

Andrew nods slowly "Toby's birthday is a few months away in summer." he says "And speaking of, when would Cassia's birthday be?" he asks.

Before anyone could answer, Dysis' phone goes off. He was getting a call from work.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:03 am

"One moment."

Dysis excused himself briefly to the side to see what they wanted, but the timing and such was odd. They pretty much never called him around this time.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:15 am

There was a pause on the other end, because Dysis didn't say anything "Agent Myers?" asks a voice on the other end "It's Agent Johnson... sorry for calling you so late, but we got a report that someone had broken into your apartment... if you like, we can send a car to pick you up." he offers, completely forgetting that he can move through the shadows.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:34 pm

Dysis kept his emotions in check but he was angry someone had broken to their apartment. The timing was a bit too on the nose to likely not be related to those creeps that attacked his family.

"It might just be a concidence but the timing seems a bit perfect. Maybe it was the people that attacked Tracy and Cassia. Either to get to them, or rattle to let us know they aren't safe.." He said slowly thinking. "As for that, I can travel through the shadows but I'll let you know if something changes."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:14 pm

There was a pause on the other end "Got it. I'll see about getting a warrant to pill the security videos and see what happened." he says "I'll keep you informed." he says as he hangs up.

Andrew looks back over to Dysis "Is everything alright?" he asks "Should I get Cassia?" he offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:07 pm

Dysis thought briefly about it but then nodded a bit. He didn't want to freak Tracy out or anything but there was no way around it. "Not so great news. And yeah. Might as well so I can tell at once one time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:24 pm

Andrew gets up and head down the small hallway and knocks on the door. Tracy looks over to Dysis "Is there something wrong?" she asks.

Andrew comes walking back with Cassia and Toby "Well, it's a shame our evening got cut short, but you two are welcome to come over any time." he offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:44 pm

"I apperciate it."
He said to the young man, then addressed his family. "Not so good. I got word there was a incident at our apartment from a fellow Hunter. No much detail yet. In the mean time we're going have to stay at another place."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:18 am

Tracy frowns "Well, we Could always stay at my old apartment." she says "My lease isn't up for another few months so there shouldn't be any problem with it, since it's still Technically mine." she points out "We would just need to get some toiletries and food." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:45 am

Dysis thinks about it, and nodded. "Sounds good. We could just swing by a store and grab some things. I was offered a car ride so that should be easier to stuff things in then trying to lug them around. That fine with you?" He could use shadows, technically but Cassia didn't like it so he tried to avoid it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:39 pm

When the three of them left, there was a black SUV waiting for them. It was Hunter Agent John Johnson. He came to pick them up personally, mainly because he has a thing for Tracy. In that he once said that she reminded him of his big sister, who had gotten bitten by a werewolf and she took her own life rather than risk turn into a werewolf herself and harming her family.

After all three pile in, Johnson looms at Dysis "So, where we taking you three off to?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:19 pm

Dysis didn't have to think too much think about it. "A nearby general grocery store to pick up a few things. After that, we're going to head to Tracy's old apartment. Her lease isn't up yet so we have some time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:37 pm

Johnson nods and takes off. He stops at the mart so they could get stuff. Cassia was looking a little uneasy.

Tracy noticed "What's wrong, sweety? If you're nervous about going back to the old place, we'll be fine." she says, taking the young Mamodo's hand, which felt hot and a little clammy.

Minutes later, Johnson and company come back with bags of stuff. Much of it was stuff they needed, some of it was random stuff. "Alright. Buckle up. We're outta here." he says as the SUV takes off and within five minutes, they were at Tracy's old apartment building.

Johnson waits until they are all out "I'm gonna circle the block a few times, then find some place to park and keep an eye on the place." he says as he starts off.

Tracy looks back at the apartment "Well, home sweet home..." she mumbles as she heads on in, followed by Cassia.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:23 pm

It felt slightly strange being back here after they had moved, or rather Tracy did in this case. This non sense with the battle royale had really messed things up. However the more important thing was that Cassia and Tracy were safe. And don't misunderstand, if she was the only one that could read said spell book to let Cassia defend herself then she was a prime target. At least, depending how ruthless the people in question were.

"Might be a bit rough right now, but we''ll get through this."
Now that he thought about it..they didn't have T.V. or anything. Oh well.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:38 am

Cassia had went to her room as soon as they got back to the old apartment. Tracy looks around "Do they know who broke into our apartment and if anything was stolen?" she asks "Also, I think one of us should be over there, to see if everything is alright." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:01 am

Dysis thinks for a moment. "Not yet. By this point it has to be a crime scene so can't just walk in. There should be some people there though. I'll give a brief visit since I can be by there and out to see anything and ask a question or two if I can."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:28 am

Tracy nods "Okay. I'll wait here with Cassia." she says as she gives Dysis a quick kiss "Stay safe out there." she tells him. She had gotten into the habit of saying that. She knew he could take care of himself, but it made her feel better.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:53 am

Dysis left after that, since they had someone watching the house he wasn't as worried in leaving. He would just exit out when he was nearby and see if there was anyone around he could talk to. He didn't want to interrupt important work and he knew better then to just go inside and mess with a crime scene.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:46 pm

It wasn't Exactly a taped off crime scene. The cops showed up, talked to some people, took some pictures, then left. The building superintendent closed the door, locking it and was waiting for either Dysis or Tracy to come back.

When Dysis got back, the building super gave him the key to the apartment and told him that he would be replacing the door next week and for now, it would be hard to close.

He Also told Dysis that the cops found nothing stolen and barely anything out of place. It was like the culprits kicked in the door and looks around. Occasionally checking in something, looking for something else. But nothing really valuable was taken.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:59 pm

Dysis found the last part of nothing stolen very strange. But once he had gotten his questions answered and everything else he headed back to the apartment to tell Tracy the news. The good part nothing was stolen at least. But it left things very confusing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum