Battles From Far Beyond

2 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Battles From Far Beyond Empty Battles From Far Beyond

Post by Namey Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:18 am

It was another day for Tracy and Cassia. Dysis had already left for his job with the Hunters and Tracy needed to get Cassia up and ready for school. After coaxing the young Mamodo  out of bed and making her both breakfast And lunch, the two of them head off.

It was a busy day in New York, as usual, but Tracy has a routine that she's been following for some time, and it's worked well so far. Once she dropped Cassia off, she needed to head to her therapist for her session. She was seeing a councilor about twice a week. Her nightmares were only getting worse and while she Knew he was in prison; she could Still see Yuuya Kizami evil smiling face when she closed her eyes, and it still terrified her.

Dysis, bless his heart, was there for her when she needed him, and she needed his strength a lot the past few months. Her thoughts were interrupted when she sees a man and a teenager standing in their way, holding the same kind of Spell Book that Cassia had "It's taken us a bit, but we Finally found you." the man says as he opens the spell book, points to Cassia "DURAMMU!!" he says as the teenage boy holds his hands out and shoots a large fireball straight at the two!

Tracy drops everything she was holding, grabs Cassia and jumps out of the way! The fireball hits where they were standing and engulfs the area in searing flames! Tracy, still holding Cassia, uses this chance to run straight at the two and just as she was about to get right at them, the man preparing to speak another spell, Tracy changes into her beast form and the resulting shockwave of energy pushes the two away, sending them flying back about twenty feet away! And she was Gone!

The man picks himself up as the teenager helps him up "God Damn it! Why the Hell didn't you Tell she was a Zoanthrope?!" he demands.

"I didn't know what a Zoanthrope was! How the Hell was I supposed to know she could do that?" he asks as they start after Tracy!
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battles From Far Beyond Empty Re: Battles From Far Beyond

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:15 pm

Devin was in a pretty good mood today. Things were going great and although there was part of him that wanted to know why the group exactly saw Elizabeth as a threat, he was just glad they were all right. The only thing he wasn't happy about completely with, was with Oka and her state but there was nothing for it so he put it in the back of his mind for the time being.

It was his day off so nothing should-

Something familiar almost ran into them, which he noticed was a panicked Tracy. And two guys. Knowing Tracy, there was no way she did anything to piss those guys off, and regardless wouldn't excuse hurting a small kid.

A lighting bolt hit the concrete ahead of the two, both as a warning and to get their attention as he got in front of the escaping Tracy and her chasers. "Sorry to crash your party, but not going to hurt some friends on my watch. Why don't you two buzz off before things get difficult for you two?"

Did he expect them to listen? No. The bad guys never did. Couldn't say he didn't try.

The One time I didn't bring my weapons.  They don't look like much, but that doesn't mean anything.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:57 am

The man stops in his tracks and pulls the teenager close and moves infront of the kid, as if protecting him "What the hell? Help! Someone call the Hunters! This Crazy Mystic just attacked me and my son and is threatening us!" he yells, which Instantly got everyone's attention!

"I saw it!" calls out some random girl with a selfie stick "I got it all on video!" she says as about a dozen people start to point their phones at Devin and since Mystics weren't in good favor with the people of Earth, a crowd started to gather as others were calling people like the police and the Hunters. The man gives Devin a sly smile and a wink as they disappear into the crowd.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:51 am

He wasn't a Mystic but until that got cleared up it didn't matter. He would give the man Some credit he didn't stay around so he couldn't be asked questions or cross examined. So they were ok in chasing Tracy and Cassia, but the moment someone that could look after themselves they folded? Typical.

He was a whole ass bitch. Both of them.  Good thing he didn't actually attack them.

'All right Karen. We'll play things your way a bit. Would of been smarter just to slink off instead of making a enemy and drawing attention to yours. But it was your choice.'

He subtly took a picture of them both, knowing it be important for later in case they.  People were stupid in mobs, especially with biases already in their head so he didn't bother correcting them about a Mystic. Or that there obviously a young woman in Tracy running scared from the two some had to saw. There was still prejudices against Zoanthropes so people may of mistaken it for something else then what it was obviously. Some would be wonder what Tracy was doing running with that 'poor child'.

He sent a quick text to Dysis about things and that he wasn't sure if the guy was still after them but he should check on his family. Then he was done, leaning against a wall, seemingly bored with admiring fans. Devin knew chasing after them would make it worse doing it himself, so he didn't do anything on that end. He was far more worried about Tracy then himself, although the distraction gave Tracy ample with her Zoanthrope speed time to get away to a more crowded/safer area so it was worth it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:32 am

A mounted police officer comes riding up. He jumps off his horse "Alright! Back away everyone!" he says as he puts himself between the crowd and Devin. He was trying to get everyone to back away, which they were complying, little by little. And another police cruiser comes rolling up, it's lights on, as two more officers jump out.

At rather hidden office inside of a small building, Director Anthony Sharp, I head up the New York branch of the Hunters, was on the phone and not looking too happy "Yeah... Okay, I'll send someone down to check out the situation..." he mumbles as he hangs up the phone.

"John!" he calls from his office, the door was open, so his voice carried through the rest of the floor "There's a Mystic supposedly attacking a father and son. Go and check it out." he says "I'll send the address to your phone." he says as he heads back to his office.

After the officers cleared the crowd, a black SUV comes rolling up, it's blue lights were on as well and a rather bored man comes out and flashes his badge "I'm Agent John Johnson of the Hunters, I'll take it from here now." he says as the police look over his badge and he walks over to their 'Mystic' "Devin, what's going on here? They say you attacked a father and his son, and they got the attack on video?" he asks, and just waits for the detective's side of the story.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:16 am

Dysis got the text from Devin, and it made him worry. So he went to Sharp's office so he could explain what happened and get permission to go check on them instead of just up and going.
_______

Devin was there, bored but noticed one of his former colleagues roll up. "Long time no see. And to make it short, some crazy people were chasing Tracy and Cassia. I sent a electric bolt away from them to distract them and make them stop chasing the two. Then they called me a Mystic, knowing they aren't popular at the moment and that I attacked them to get away. The only reason I didn't leave is because at that point the two should of gotten far enough away and weren't in immediate danger and going after would make it worse. In hindsight, it Was a rookie move to give them ammo to use against me."

"Someone should have gotten footage of Tracy fleeing in their Zoanthrope form. If nothing else, because people aren't suppose to be running around in them. If nothing else, could one of yours check on the two to make sure they're safe?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:01 am

Johnson nods as he takes notes "I'll talk to Sharp and see if we can't get a warrant for the CCTV footage." he says as he closes his pad "In the mean time, I'm gonna have to issue a warning about discharging you powers in a crowed public area unless your life is in mortal danger, yada-yada-yada..." he mumbles as he turns from Devin "Have a good rest of the day..." he says as he heads back to his SUV.

Director Sharp was on the phone when Dysis came into his office "Give me one moment..." he says to whomever was on the phone before putting a hand on the bottom half "Yeah. Go. But report back their status." he says as he continues his call.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:29 am

With that, Devin left to look for Tracy to check on them. At the least he wanted to be around until she and Cassia were in a safer spot. He also wanted to look into those two that had left if he could to find out what they were Really about.

__

Dysis gave a thank you and left, though he did try to send a text to Tracy of where she was. If she responded then hopefully a good chance she found a safe spot or at least weren't in immediate danger. The reason he didn't call? Well, if she was hiding he didn't want to make more noise then needed. She might not even thought about turning it off/down.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:35 pm

After about a minute, Dysis gets a text back [color=cyan]"This is Tracy's phone. Is she the dog lady? She dropped her phone when she ran off."[color] the text reads "Did you want to meet up and I can hand it back to you?" the unknown person texts back.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:28 pm

Dysis heart stopped briefly, but gave slightly relief at the message. It wasn't the person that attacked them, or so it seemed. 'Yes. I'll meet you where ever you're at.'

As for Devin, he wasn't idle. He did tell his own people that were around to keep a eye out for Tracy. They looked after their own. She may of not have worked at the Last Maiden anymore but that hardly mattered.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:36 am

Truth be told, Tracy never really worked at the Last Maiden, she just hung out there to do her school work and cleaned the place when she could as a way of saying 'Thanks for putting up with me'. The Scooby gang who were out and about were keeping an eye open for Tracy and Cassia, but so far nothing.

When Dysis meets up with the old lady who picked up Tracy's cell, she also picked up a few other things that Tracy had dropped and turned them over to the police, which is where she asked Dysis to meet her so he could get the rest of Tracy's things. It was then that Dysis got a call from the landline at their apartment, it was Tracy. She booked it home when she ran off and apologizes for dropping her stuff. She was still pretty freaked out by the attack, though, and asked if Dysis could come home early.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:08 pm

Dysis responded right away that he'd be there soon, but also gave Devin the update so they could relax somewhat. He'd also have to ask Sharp if he could go home early to keep a eye on Tracy and Cassia, they shouldn't really have a problem with it considering.

He was seriously starting to consider maybe trying to coax Tracy into maybe taking some self defense classes or something. They had Hunters who were Zoanthropes so maybe they could arrange something so can learn some basics. If not for herself, then for Cassia's sake since someone wasn't always going to be there to bail them out.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:21 am

When Dysis gets back to their apartment, Tracy flings herself at him, still in her beast form (a droopy eyes, floppy eared bloodhound), wrapping her arms around him "Oh Dysis! Thank you for coming home so quickly!" she says as she buried her face into his shoulder "That man just attacked me and Cassia out of nowhere for no reason! I was so terrified! I did the only thing I could think of to do and ran home!" she says as she sobs into his neck and shoulder.

Cassia comes walking out of her room, holding her own spell book "He was a Mamodo like me and that was his book holder." she says, more calm than Tracy at the moment "They attacked us for the sole purpose of burning my book and coming one step closer to becoming the new King of my world." she explains. They both knew this and also knew it was only a matter of time before this battle caught up to them. The question was, what would they do about it now?
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:25 pm

Dysis gave Tracy a hug in a attempt to calm her down, it was a bit sad Cassia was a lot more calm. Not that he wanted two people to calm down, just someone that young shouldn't be 'used' to things like this to a degree.

"From now on, least until things calm down I'll see about walking you with Cassia to school, you'll be safe there. I'm also sure Devin won't mind others keeping a look out but.."

There was a pause, then he went on. "Tracy, I know you're a peaceful person and you hate fighting. I'm not saying to become a full blown fighter or anything, but if nothing else maybe arrange for learning some basics from a Zoanthrope in the HQ. If not for your sake, then for Cassia's. We have good friends and a support group, but we also have to look after each other. We're the only ones that can."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:03 am

Tracy says nothing, but continues to hold onto Dysis when she turns back into her Human form, still shaking like a leaf. Cassia walks over and takes Dysis be his hand "I think, for right now, it's enough that you're here for us." she says "Once she calms down, we can talk about how we both can stay safe." she tells him, still the calm voice of reason.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:10 pm

Dysis was careful as held Tracy, he still felt bad for the young woman but he did truly think she was going have to learn to defend herself to some degree. Besides the obvious, maybe it also help battle her inner demons. For so long she had been in so many strange situations and helpless that if she felt she could take care of herself and maybe actually did so, she'd feel empowered.

"Let's just get her to bed then..." Dysis began. "You're a lot more calm in this then someone your age should be, both a good and a bad thing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:23 am

Since it was still morning, it wouldn't make too much sense to put Tracy to bed. All she really needed to calm down was a change of clothes, since her were torn from her transformation, and a soothing cup of coffee.

After she changed and got her coffee, she was sitting by the kitchen table, looking out the window "I think..." sue says finally "I should finally take a look at Cassia's book..." she mumbles "Maybe using it, as a form of defense, wouldn't be a bad thing." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:20 am

Dysis came from behind them to give them another comforting hug as he pulled away. "Maybe as a last resort. Feeling a bit better to talk now?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:07 pm

That last part was a bit mean of him to say, considering what she had been through recently. Still, she couldn't stay mad at him when he gave her sneaky hugs like that. Tracy loved back hugs, because it left her open to nibble attacks and she really liked those.

Still, now wasn't the time for that sort of thing. Tracy shrugs slightly "What's the alternative? Carry a gun? Because I Seriously doubt that punches and kicks are going to work against someone who can throw fireballs." she points out, and immediately feels bad for bitting.

She looks over her shoulder at Dysis and reaches a hand up for him to grab "I'm sorry. I know you mean well, but learning to fight isn't going to be enough, if anything, against people who can do special things like that." she says to him "Sooner or later I'm going to need to crack open that book and learn to use it." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:10 pm

"Don't really completely agree, or at least just focusing on one thing. Cassia's book is the main part, but you're forgetting two things." Dysis went on to explain. "While there is a chance another Holder will either be a nonhuman or have special traits, laws on average say its gonna be a normal human. Meaning if you're working together, you can knock them out killing two birds with one stone."

"Other thing to keep in mind is most Hunters are normies with no special traits or powers that go against people with powers literally part of their day job. You already have a advantage over that. My point I'm trying to say is, if you become even half decent at it and work with Cassia as a team, that will give a better edge then most of the Holders who just sit there as idle ducks. By itself, you're right it won't be enough but why limit to just one? That's just my opinion."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:26 pm

Tracy didn't agree at all. Because there was a very good chance that since there were only one hundred Mamodos out there, and over eight Billion people on the planet, almost All of them will have Human book holders and if Tracy learned Anything from her time at the Last Maiden, is that a well placed bullet will end most fights pretty easily.

So for now, she would humor Dysis by saying she would go and seek out self defense classes, and she in reality would be. Except it would be for firearms in stead of fists "Okay..." she mumbles, but she made sure that he could hear her distain for the idea "Let's get Cassia to school and I'll think about looking into self defense classes." she grumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:58 pm

The thing was, learning how to use a fire arm and self defense wasn't mutually exclusive. The fact it was likely all of them Were most likely going to be normal humans was the point to begin with.

Dysis could tell the whole thing was bothering her and she didn't like it so he amended a bit. "I was just trying to help. I'm not going to try to force you do anything you don't want to do. If you have something in mind, go for it. I won't say anything more or make any suggestions about this sort of thing unless you ask."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:22 am

Those were the wrong things to say to Tracy, especially at this point in time. She frowns and gets up "Could you please take Cassia to school?" she asks "I would feel safer if she went with you, rather than myself." she says as she heads to her room "I'm going to grab a quick shower then head out." she says. After she gets out of the shower, she was going to head to the Last Maiden. She needed to talk to someone about getting a gun.

She closes the bedroom and bathroom door and takes off her clothes as she turns the shower on and gets under the spray. It was at times like these that she's reminded that Dysis still has no idea how to talk to ladies. But that was okay. Tracy still loved him and she knew that wouldn't change because of this little disagreement.

She lets the warm water run down her body as it warms her up. She hated guns, so maybe not a firearm, but a stun gun? That way she could take down her opponent without any Serious long term health complications. Once again, something she would need to talk to the Last Maiden crew about.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:08 am

Dysis was like a kicked puppy when Tracy was mad at him, though he didn't really show it on the outside. While he could follow and try to apologize for one they closed the door, and two he already made the situation worse when it sounded good in his head. So instead he'd focus on getting Cassia back to school.

_____

For once it was slightly slower today for the Last Maiden which suited Ava fine enough. Save for naturally something had to be thrown in the works, in this case Tracy and Cassia getting attacked. At the moment, she was looking over the photo's that Devin had sent, see if searching she Might be able find something. She doubted it since it was that much harder without a name or even alias.

It was suppose to be Devin's day off, but likely was still looking into things after what happened and probably briefy stop by the office.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:07 am

The young Mamodo holds Dysis's hand "You know why Tracy doesn't want to learn to fight, right?" she asks "Because she doesn't want to hurt anyone." she says, a very subtle reminder that Tracy knows what it's like to hurt.

"She still loves you and thinks the world of you, so don't worry if she's upset with you right now. She can never Really be mad at you." the young Mamodo says, giving his hand a gentle squeeze.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum