Eternum

2 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Eternum - Page 9 Empty Re: Eternum

Post by Namey Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:02 pm

Ness shakes his head "It's not lethal. But it should slow the brute down enough for us to do our thing..." he drifts off as the sound of something big crashing through the forest could be heard making it's way to the village "I think that's our cue." he says as he readies his weapons.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:22 pm

Kyco and Cory exchanged a silent glance, then went quitely get their weapons ready as they prepared for combat. They thought it best to cover Ness and Cid's up front since as they were, they needed to fight like normal humans which they were. Plus it was just smart. Only other thing was how badly their muscle memory would screw them up in attempts to do things that were physically impossible.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:53 am

In the distance, they could see the Ogre, he was oddly T-posing as he was moving closer. Ness frowns at this "Well, I guess this is why there are beta testers..." he mumbles, a little disappointed in himself for this glitch.

Cid pulls out his drop-down menu "We had better report this glitch before we get into battle." he says as he types down the bug to report.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:42 am

Cory didn't think a Ogre T posing for domiance was going be a thing in a game like this, but it was reminders like that was a reminder this was really just a game. "It sucks but it does happen. It might be glitched where it can't attack back but not sure how I'd feel about completing a quest on a bug."

Kyco didn't think it was a good idea even if it could attack. Because if it posed like that, it meant by game logic it could attack and they wouldn't properly be able to react to his movements due to hitboxes.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:04 am

As the Ogre got closer, he snapped back into his normal animation and was heading right for the four of them! *Ah! So it's a rendering thing. I'll take care of it.* he thinks as he moves in to engage, but first...

The Ogre suddenly slows down and looks like he was starting to freeze "He hit my frost trap, it slows his movement speed, but it won't last long!" he says as he starts to move in for the attack. All three of them got a sudden boost of extra defense as Cid buffed them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:39 am

Kyco nor Cory needed to be told twice, as they went to attack on opposite ends to further slow them down. Kyco had her shield up as she went to slash with her posion dagger towards their ankles and shins while Cory went for some skilled thrust. They didn't need fatally wound them but at least apply enough to where it kicked in so they could hopefully capture them alive.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:19 am

Cory and Kyco's attacks his, but since the Ogre had armor, it didn't do as much as it would have normally. The Ogre starts moving normally after a bit. Cid fires off a few Magic Missiles while Ness pulls up the Ogre's stats to see what was going on. It was supposed to be a level three foe... But this Ogre was level Ten?

This was bad! That Ogre could One Shot Everyone there, except for him that is. Ness pulls out his short sword and zooms in, rushing past the others and stabbing the Ogre straight in the heart! This takes the beast down in One Shot as well!

Cid blinks in sheer surprise "W-what just happened?" he asks "One moment the beast was alive and attacking, something blurred past and it was dead!" he says in disbelief.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:58 am

Cory and Kyco were stumped as well with the former speaking first. Only because of the setting, the two had more then enough experience with fast moving beings. "I have no clue. I was under the impression this was a more realistic gritty fantasy setting then a high fantasy one. Do you have a guess what happened Ness?"

The last was directed to Ness, since it was hinted he might be higher level then his peers given what Cid said. Kyco nor Cory thought it meant they be physically stronger, if indeed that's what happened. It did seem this Ness fellow didn't want to go into it so if he denied again he respect their wishes.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:06 am

Ness never denied it in the first place. No one simply asked him. Ness nods "You guys are, at best, level three. This Ogre was level Ten. It would have crushed all three of you with One hit. That's a balance issue that I had Thought was taken care of..." he says as he pulls out another notepad and jots it down "Don't forget to send in your bug reports about this incident." he tells them.

Cid frowns slightly "Ness, just what level Are you? And are you an Alpha Tester?" he asks.

Ness looks over to them "No. I'm not an Alpha Tester and I'm at a Much higher level than any player or monster in this realm." he says as he takes a talisman off of the Ogre and tosses it to Cid, the team leader "Take that to the Head of the Village to get your reward..." he points to the east "The Ogre's lair is in that direction, but I would caution against going there." he warns them as he suddenly logs off.

Cid looks at the other two "Um, so... Do you two want to go and at least check for survivors in the Ogre's lair or just go and drop this off at the village and get our reward?" he asks them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:42 am

That confirmed it more or less, but now they had a decison to make. "If someone that high level and knows the game that well is warning us its not a good idea, I'd say we take it. Don't want to end up like a certain group of adventuers in a infamous scene."

Kyco was more firm. "The Ogre is dead, and the Goblins are gone. If there was another monster around it probably would have said so. I know its just a game but still."

Cory shook his head. "It might not be because of that danger. It might be because of what we see. Depending how dark they want to get. And if this wasn't a game, that actually push me more to say hell no as is consideirng what some of those monsters like to do with women." He mumbled. "How about this. We go check it out but the Moment anything is funny we bounce?"

Kyco slowly nodded a bit. "..Fair..." She turned to Cid, gazing at them with her pretty red eyes. "What do you think? You're our leader so if you think its not a bad idea I'll concede since Cory isn't keen on it either."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:15 pm

Cid thinks for a bit "I think... We can do both." he says "I'll go to the Head of the village and get our reward, while you two go check out the Ogre's den. If Anything seems out of place, take off." he tells them
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:25 pm

"All right. We'll go check it out and then meet you back there." Cory started. "And if anything is off, we won't bother."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:40 am

Before the two could head off, Cid stops them "Hold up!" he says as he points to the Ogre's club "If the Human skulls that are on this creature's club are any indication of what to expect, I wouldn't bank on finding any survivors in his den." he says to them as he nods "Stay safe out there you two." he says as he starts off towards the village.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:54 am

At that point, there was slight hesitation on Kyco's part. The whole thing was to rescue someone, however if there was no one there but remains then there was indeed no point. More then that, she wasn't sure if she wanted to see some of the potential things there, even if a part of her was morbidly curious.

"..I think its best we don't if survivors aren't there.."
Kyco gaze turned away.

Cory nodded feeling the young woman was seeing sense instead of her heart, and jogged to meet back up with Cid. "Hey man wait up. Been a change of plans, we'll come with."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:33 am

Cid nods "Alright." he says. After they head to the village, they get a modest sum of gold, twenty pieces. Cid divides it between the three of them, then gives his half back to the village and tells them of the starter city about a days ride from there.

Cid looks over to Kyco and Cory "Well, it's been a blast adventuring with you two." he says "I can wait to see what the future of this Amazing experience grings in the future." he tells them as he disbands the party "You two take it easy out there." he says to them before he logs out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:48 am

Kyco didn't get a chance to ask them if he wanted to maybe hang out before Cid logged out, she'd have to see if they were around the next time or...

Oh. She was being a moron. Of course there be some mail of some kind. So with that she sent a mail for when he came on.

'Hey Cid. I really enjoyed the time we had on adventure together and love to do so again some time. Other then that, if you're interested maybe we could get to know each other? If not its fine. Either way take care.' Her phone number was also set, and she left it at that.

Satisfied with herself and ignoring Cory's teasing look she decided to log out, and Cory did so as well. Regardless how things turned out she did believe Cory that closed mouths don't get fed. If she wanted something she have to try instead of just being a bystander.

(Both are out)
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:59 am

Ness looks over the data. There were a few bugs still in the system. But all in all, it looked good. Nothing game breaking. He smiles to himself. He just needed to send a test copy to the ESRB and have them set the rating... nothing a few bucks couldn't handle, and then BOOM! Eternum would be available to the general public. It was ready to go Now, but there were still some flaming hoops to jump through. But this was good. He still had a Lot of work to do, but this was one step closer.

((All characters are out and this thread id Closed.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum