Eternum

2 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Eternum - Page 7 Empty Re: Eternum

Post by Namey Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:02 am

Ness shakes his head "I know what I'll need for my traps so I'll take care of that." he says "I'll also take care of the general supplies, since I'll be at the general store." he tells them "You two..." he nods to Cory and Kyco "Are incharge of the weapons and transportation..." he says as he drops a small bag of coins infront of them "And Cid, you'll be incharge of your spell components and medicinal supplies." he drops another small pouch of coins infront of the mage "Is everyone alright with their assignments or have any questions?" he asks, realizing that he suddenly took charge of the situation without consulting with the others.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:38 pm

To Cory even if this wasn't a 'real' situation and none of their lives were at risk it was important to put ego to survive. If someone came along with more experience in a certain field, then you didn't just push them aside. That said, he would admit he didn't treat this Exactly like real life, as with Ness he'd need some harder proof he was good at what he did or have some resume. This in contrast was just a game.

"I'm all right with getting it." Cory started. "Kyco?"

"Yeah, its fine." Kyco didn't mind, maybe the best for weapons first. "But when you say weapons, do you mean personal weapons? Because I don't know either you or Cid use."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:55 pm

Ness nods. He should have asked their character class before hand "As a Trap Master, I primarily use small and easily concealable weapons like knives, personal crossbows, or hidden blades. I keep a short sword for open combat when I need it." he looks to Cid "As a Mage, Cid can best use knives, maces, and crossbows. But his best and main weapons are his spells..." he explains "But since he's a low level spell caster, he only had limited use of attack spells. So he would benefit from a projectile based weapon like a crossbow, same with me. So a crossbow and bolts for Cid and crossbow darts for me." he tells them "As for you two,it's whatever you feel more comfortable with. Depending on your class, you'll get a bonus for a certain type of weapon." he tells them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:44 am

Kyco was thinking things through, so far she had no problems with the majority of what they said but then something clicked that should of been obvious from the start. She hadn't bothered giving their classes, neither she nor Cory. "We'll get started then. Before we go since we forgot to say, our classes are cleric and warrior. Just in case that helps when we get to things."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:29 am

Ness thinks for a moment "A cleric and a warrior, huh?" he mumbles to himself "Okay, so as a cleric you are proficient with a shield and mace as well as daggers and other small weapons. Your biggest strength is your healing abilities and defense. You're pretty much our tank." he tells her as he looks to Cory "And as a warrior, you have weapons proficiency with pretty much everything and suffer no negatives when wearing armor other then heavy armor." he says as he stands "Alright, shall we get ready?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:09 am

"Yeah, might as well get going. Meet you all when done."
Since this was a game, as Kyco had to remind herself at times, they could just message them when they done. Despite the fact this time period definitely didn't have phones or anything.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:48 am

Ness heads to the general store and gets their supplies. Food, water, sleeping rolls, a few others as well. He also gets a more detailed map of the area so he can effectively set up his traps, should they run into any surprises.

After a bit, he heads back to the tavern. Cid was already there, waiting. He had his supplies as well. This village had a decent medical facility as well as other facilities in it. It Is, after all, a starting area.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:15 am

Kyco and Cory together worked quite efficiently and managed to get what they needed to. For Cory he ended up just getting a long sword and some light armor, for Kyco he got them a shield and mace. If she was going to be tanky might as well. It was kinda ironic sense in the real world, Kyco was pretty durable.

"I think we're set. Everything go good on your end?" Cory asked them as Kyco double checked their things.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:35 am

Ness and Cid were waiting at the tavern "Okay, so did you get Mine and Cid's weapons as well?" he asks as he looks around "And what did you get in way of transportation?" he asks the two.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:52 am

"Of course." Cory reached into a bag to get their respective weapons. "As for transportation, it was horse and wagon combo. Hope that is enough for the time being to get there."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:56 am

Ness takes his darts and loads them up "It should be. If I know Ogers, they'll let the towns folk get their resources together before attacking again and according to this map, we're only a day away." he says "If anything, we might actually be too late to the party, as some other heroes Might get there first." he tells them as he loads everything up in the wagon "Which means, we don't have any time to waste. Let's get this popcorn popper, popping."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:50 am

"Right on. No time like the present right?" Cory went to get inside of the wagon, as did Kyco. Even if they were beaten to the punch, it was going to be interesting meeting new players long as they weren't jerks. Kyco liked the social aspects of MMO's and this was that but taken to the next larger step.

Though on that subject, Kyco Was surprised there was no Super Hero styled public server. It seem that would be a obvious big hit and would allow a lot of freedom in the character creation process, far as powers or even their race depending how flexible the setting was.

So, to have a little bit of small talk as they went she spoke up. "If a Super Hero server came up, would it be something you guys would want to try?"

Cory thought. "Speaking for myself, sure. But it also depends how the setting was if I took long term interest in it or not."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:55 am

Ness nods "I'm sure there will be one." he says "Remember, the game is in beta testing right now. So there are features and servers that have yet to be implemented." he says "Besides, once the game goes live, I'm sure you can make your own if you purchase a server." he tells them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:25 am

"If's not too much money, I wouldn't mind purchasing one." She wasn't exactly rolling in money being working class and being so young but if it didn't break the bank why not?

"Me too, but not sure what mine would be. What about you two, any interest in getting your own servers?" Cory asked Cid and Ness, the last one ironic due him being the whole creator of this thing. Though that said, not like he couldn't want something private for him and a few people only or something.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:39 am

Cid shakes his head "Oh no, no. I'm fine with how this server is set up. Besides, I wouldn't want the responsibility of going through the hassle of setting it up only to have no one show." he says "Also,we don't even know if this Eternum is going to be a hit or not." he points out.

Ness nods in agreement "Same. I'll wait to see if it's gonna attract anyone first, before I make any concrete decisions." he says. But he Kinda cheated and looked ahead and saw that Eternum would be a runaway hit, despite how much it costs to get a unit. No sense in investing this much time and effort for no reason.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:38 am

Kyco had to agree with Cid, but she certainly hoped so. This thing had so much potential and was so free form far as roleplay chances. The only thing that came close was DnD and that didn't hit As much due to it being imagination and not something you could actually see and interact with. "I believe in the product. There is literally nothing else on the market like this, but we'll see."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:58 am

Ness nods *Indeed we will...* he thinks "Fortune favors the prepared. So let's come up with a strategy while we're on the road." he suggests "Firstly, what kind of traps do you want me to set: Lethal or Nonlethal ones?" he asks.

Cid thinks for a moment "We'll get more gold for the beast alive, so nonlethal to start, but just to be on the safe side, let's have some lethal traps to fall back upon Just incase things don't go our way." he says to Ness.

Ness nods "Okay, got it." he says as he looks to Cory and Kyco "Just a heads up, Ogers often 'Employ' goblins as lackeys and if the town is as small as you say, Cid, than we shouldn't be looking at half a dozen at the most." he tells them "Goblins will attack from shaded areas, because they see better in the dark, which means arrows and they usually have poisoned tips, so keep your defenses up." he cautions them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:20 am

"We'll be careful."
Cory assured, this was different in the sense they were now normal squishy humans but they still had their fighting experience with them. "Anything else we should know?"

'For someone brand new, they do seem to know more about how this Ogre works. Then again, maybe they read something?' At least that was what Kyco herself thought.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:12 pm

Ness shakes his head "Everything you need to know about Eternum you can ask Irileth. Also you can purchase a monster manual at the main city." he says as he holds an old leather book up "Who wants to look through it while we travel to the town?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:03 pm

"I'll take a look after it." Kyco offered. "Besides, I'm a bit curious what kind of creatures are in this build." It be similar but not the same of looking through a monster manual with games, but not really the same. Considering she liked to look through stuff like this over, this was right up her alley.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:00 am

While they were traveling to the small village, Ness was looking at a map of the area with Cid "Alright, so I'll be setting up my nonlethal traps here, here, here, and here. While my lethal ones will be all along this line here, right?" he asks.

Cid nods "Right and if we get pushed back to this point, then we'll move here, and they Should fall for your traps. Meanwhile I'll be here buffing our fighters and providing long range support." he says.

Ness looks at Cid's frame "Do you even know how to load a crossbow?" he asks the young man.

Cid chuckles "Of course I do. I've seen it done in movies all the time." he tells Ness.

Ness looks dubious "When we get to the town, I'll give you some pointers on how to quickly reload a crossbow and hos to accurately fire it." he tells the mage
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:57 pm

Kyco was rather engrossed in her reading so didn't add too much to the conversation(and also mainly learning more about Ogre's and Goblins) while Cory was listening idly as he was going over a few things in his head.

"Depending when we get there, might have to wait until morning." Cory said after a moment. "Unlike some of them can't exactly see in the dark and that put us at a disadvantage."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:35 am

Cid's eyes gleam "I anticipated this and made these!" he holds up small bottles of slightly glowing dark blue liquid "They are eight-minute night vision potions." he says pridefully "Eight minutes is all I could make at my current level, but they Should be enough for us to take down all the goblins and the oger." he tells them.

Ness takes one as Cid passes them around "Well done Cid. This will certainly give us the edge if those little bastards try to hide in the dark and snipe at us." he says. Cid's foresight really impressed Ness, which wasn't an easy task.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:42 am

By this time, Kyco was finished with her monster manual searching and was just listening to the conversation and ready to add her two cents in as needed. She took the bottle, along with Cory. "Good job Cid. This will help a lot." It was a smart idea and she and Cory did take it for granted they could see in the dark by default. Once again things they could do in the real world giving them a small oversight.

Not that she minded since it was a learning experience. Plus in her opinion Cid was cute, maybe once it was over give him a private message if he wanted to hang out in other games and such. Though for all she knew, and he was likely not even in Japan.

Cory took the bottles, thinking a bit. "A strange thought hit me, but what happens if somehow something that already has night vision took these things? Would they go blind? Not that we have a way to give it to the Goblins and have a limited amount."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:53 pm

Cid shakes his head "Unfortunately no. All it does is enhance the vision of the person who drank it. So even if it's the middle of the day, your vision will be like normal, except there are no shady or dark areas." he explains.

Ness nods "Which means when we're under the effects of it, we won't get blinded by a sudden flash of light, like the goblins will." he says.

Cid nods "I see what you're saying. I'll get right to work on making some flash bangs. That way we can blind the goblins and take them down before they can attack." he says as he moves over to his supplies to get the stuff to make his new toys.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum