The Question

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Question Empty The Question

Post by Namey Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:05 am

Cedrick wakes up, early, as she always does and heads to the bathroom to shower and get dressed. It had been about a month, more or less, since she got Masato back and the three of them had been living a relatively decent life together. Though Masato seems to have become quite attached to Calvine, too attached for Cedrick's liking, but she wasn't going to break up their bond.

Construction of the USS Oklahoma was nearly finished and she would need to start to look for a senior staff and captain for is soon, but she would let Calvine handle that. He's been getting more and more involved in the engineering aspect Starship design and construction, which helped out Cedrick quite a lot.

She gets her normal suit on and heads out. KITT was waiting for her, as usual. She gets in, buckles up and KITT takes off. The artificial Cybertronian was doing all the driving while Cedrick looked over her notes for today's meeting.

Paragon Corp was quickly becoming a beacon of Innovative and groundbreaking technology. Their products were being used in most parts of the world now. Their Universal Translators have made the language barrier a thing of the past and their medical and replicator technologies were slowly, but steadily, eradicating sickness and hunger. Cedrick has been on the covers of many magazines and even and the highlight of TV appearance's and news articles. It was a little overwhelming for her.

"Are you still on for your lunch meeting with Monica?" Kitt asks as he stops at his designated parking spot at Paragon tower.

Cedrick gathers her things and nods "Yes. I will be walking to my lunch date with my sister, so please feel free to have the rest of the day to yourself." she says to him.

"Thank you, Cedrick." Kitt says. He started using people's first names after Cedrick told him it would make him more approachable and more personable . "I shall head back and wait for Calvine and Masato to get ready for school and work." he says "Have a good day at work, Cedrick." he says as he drives off.

Cedrick sighs and heads in. She has to now deal with a few of the more unpleasant sides of making advanced technologies, people wanting advanced weapons.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Question Empty Re: The Question

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:35 am

Monica was more or less happy with how things had been going so far and Samantha seemed to have found someone so that was a plus in her book. Today was everyone's day off and Brandon, the last time she talked was going to check out Chin's school so he could potentially learn more about his abilities. Roshia she wasn't sure but probably just exploring the city.

Monica arrived in a simple dress, she didn't need to be fancy since she was just hanging out with Cedrick. Speaking of, when she got in she went over to give them a hug. "Good to see you. How have you been?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:13 am

Cedrick returns the hug, if a bit awkwardly. She sits and crosses her long stockinged legs "Thank you for seeing me on such short notice..." she says "I know your free time is valuable these days, so I shall be as brief as I can." she says as she reaches into her purse for something "As you know, Calvine, Masato, and I have been living together for a bit now and -"

Cedrick was cut off suddenly by a clap of thunder and a swirling blue and black portal opens up. Those who know it, would recognize it as one of Ness's PK Vortexes.

And speaking of whom, Ness goes flying out if the portal, backwards, followed by the licking flames of an explosion of some kind! Ness himself, slams into, and over, a car and lands on the ground Hard!

Cedrick jumps up and runs over to see if her friend was alright! He had been knocked unconscious and it looks like he was roughed up pretty badly, but he seemed okay.

Cedrick taps her broach "Kitt, lock onto my coordinates and get here as quickly as you can." she says as she gently picks up Ness and.moves him off the road.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:00 am

Monica didn't have time to respond before Ness came crashing out seemingly injured. That was more then concerning for the young woman as she made her way over, along with Cedrick. "Wonder what happened to him.." She was going to look them over to see if he needed to be healed; least she could do before Kitt got here.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:31 am

Kitt comes pulling up as Cedrick shakes her head and loads Ness on inside "I do not know and right now I do not care. He is hurt and he needs my help." she says as she jumps into the driver seat.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:31 am

"You're right. Let's just get out of here." Monica knew Ness would pull through since he had been through worse. Whatever happened to them he could tell them whenever he recovered; right now they just needed to help with that.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:58 am

The four of them take off towards Paragon Corp. Cedrick would need to use her emergency entrance to avoid everyone asking questions.

She looks back at Ness "Kitt, how is he!" she asks.

There was a pause "He has several lacerations across his body, only two are deep. None are life threatening." the Autobot says "He has a few broken bones in his right hand as well as some cracked ribs and a concussion. None of his current injuries are life threatening."

Cedrick nods. Her face was a stone wall as the four of them pull up to Paragon Corp. Now Cedrick just needed to decide if she should tell Calvine. Ness is his friend too, so he has the right to know... but only After his wounds were treated...
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:03 pm

Monica put a hand gently on her shoulder. "He'll be fine. We just need to be there for him as he recovers. That's what he's going to need." They could worry about what happened later, but knowing he did go to different places it wasn't unfourtnately as much of a surprise.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:38 pm

They get Ness inside Paragon Corp and into the med bay. The EMH does his job of patching Ness up and about a half hour later, Ness sits up suddenly. Like he was faking the whole thing, as he usually does.

This actually causes him to hold his head in pain "Ow..." he mumbles as he looks around "Paragon Corp, huh!" he goes to get off the bed.

Cedrick places a hand on his shoulder "You need to rest. Despite the EMH having already healed your wounds, which were many, you still need to rest." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Monica went to sit down nearby. "I was a bit worried but I know you've been through worse. So, what happened? You were in rough shape when we got to you." She was just glad Ness was all right.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:17 am

Ness lays back down "I ran into an 'old friend' and we ended up disagreeing on a few things." he says.

Cedrick frowns, which was rare as she usually is so in control of her emotions "What kind of 'disagreement' ends up with you sustaining multiple lacerations, broken bones, and a concussion?" she asks.

Ness shakes his head "Hey, in my defense, it was the car that I hit upon reentry that gave me the concussion." he says.

Cedrick shakes her head "That is not the point. The point is, whomever it is that you faced, you ran from them and they managed to injure you pretty badly." she points out "How do we know they did not follow you here?" she asks.

This question makes Ness sit up "You don't. Which is why I need to be at full strength, just incase he did." he says.

Cedrick eases him back down "And that is why you need your rest."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:05 pm

"Exactly. If this guy, who ever they are roughed you up like this then they're obviously bad news. I know you don't like sitting still, but can you just for a bit? Please." Monica knew Ness was tough but she didn't like seeing him or anyone else hurt. That was just her nature though.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:58 am

Ness frowns "Alright. I'll stay put for an hour, then I'm going. The sooner I check to see if I was followed the better." he says.

Cedrick shakes her head "I already have the NS-5's going over the site with our newest Tricorders. If there is any sign that someone else came through, we will know it." she says.

Ness nods slowly "I would have your satellite's looking for PK energies through out the city. He could have popped up anywhere else." he suggests.

Cedrick nods "I have already thought of that and am already in the process of checking, but it is difficult with so much psychic energies coming off of Master Chen's School." she stands up "If you will excuse me, I have some things I need to take care of..." like telling Calvine that Ness is here and was hurt.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:00 am

Monica went to sit down by Ness once Cedrick had left. "I know been through worse and such but still was scary seeing you like that. This person, that roughed you up, are they like you? You said something about PK energies.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:08 pm

Ness nods "Yeah. The guy I encountered was am old friend of mine. He used PK attacks like I do." he says "He's not as strong, fast, or skilled as me, but his attacks were varied and he used innocent people in his attacks to throw me off." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:27 am

There was something nagging about the situation, or at least how Ness described it to her. "Wait. So when you say old friend, you weren't being sarcastic? Why would he attack you so violently then?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:48 am

Ness shrugs "Because something from my past managed to get inside of him and it went bad. It took over his body and turned him towards the darkside." he says as he gets up "Thank you for the energy, it helped in my recovery greatly." he says to Monica.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:33 pm

"No problem. Kinda the least I can do." Monica didn't want Ness to leave to soon. "I was actually hoping me and you can hang out when you got back but right now I know you have more important things to do if your friend is as dangerous as you said."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:47 am

Ness thinks for a bit. In the 'History that Never Was' they had tried to hang out once before, but it didn't work out very well. But he was the only one who remembered that.

He nods "Well, it'll take a bit for Cedrick's analysis to come in, so why not?" he says with a shrug "So, what did you want to do?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:15 am

Monica had to think for a moment a bit, she didn't Really have anything specific in mind. "Maybe just catch something to eat first? I really just want to catch up and see what you've been up to."

Not to long later, Calvine came into the room. "Hey buddy. Just wanted to check on you before you headed out and about. How are you feeling?" Calvine could read the room so after his check in he'd let Monica and Ness be and go about his way. He had to go pick up Masato soon.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:55 am

Ness wasn't a 'catch up and see what you've been up to' kinda guy. With his occupation, one couldn't afford to take things slowly, because you never knew when a jump would be your last, as Ness knows from experience.

Besides, though she doesn't remember it, Ness recalls this whole song and dance before and even this time, something seems, a little forced...

Ness nods "Yeah. When I get out of here, we can hit up the coffee joint that's close by here." he says.

He jumps up when Calvine comes in "Hey buddy!" he says with a grin "I felt pretty banged up when I got here, but with the help of these beautiful young ladies, I feel right as rain and ready to stir up some trouble." he chuckles as he smacks Calvine on the shoulder.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:12 am

Which was odd, since Calvine and Ness did so a number of times. Though the key difference between then and now was Monica wasn't trying to date them. She may of had other things in mind of a more intimate matter but that was another matter.

Calvine grinned to that. "Glad to hear it. and thanks for looking after them Monica."

"No problem." She said without missing a beat. "You can tell Masato I said hello when you pick them up."

"Yeah, I will. No worries." Calvine looked at the time. "I better get going to pick them up since I'm off early. See you two later." Masato had been acting unusual a bit lately but he wasn't sure if it was his imagination or not. Maybe pay more attention when it was just the two of them.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:12 am

Ness nods to his friend "Well, don't let me keep ya. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to catch up in the future." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:30 am

Calvine left after that to pick them up, leaving the two at the moment alone. This gave Monica a bit more time to think, but may as well run it by Ness. "Would it be cool to go my apartment instead? It's much more personbale and its not Too far from here." Plus, she had other motives.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:21 am

Ness nods "Yeah. That sounds like it would much better than this sterile medical bay." he says as he puts his shoes on and picks up his backpack. He nods to Monica "Lead the way." he says.

KITT and Calvine drive up to Masato's middle school and she was waiting there for him, talking to a couple of her friends. She only had the two of them. She was fidgeting with her hair as he pulls up.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum