Warrior From A Unknown Land

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Warrior From A Unknown Land - Page 4 Empty Re: Warrior From A Unknown Land

Post by Namey Mon May 18, 2020 12:40 pm

There were plenty of other, more mundane, jobs on the station. Waste recycling maintenance, astroid mining, millions of cooks, general station maintenance, shop workers, and many, Many more. Allen's options were pretty wide at this point. Though most Did pay the minimum credits, with astroid mining being the higher paying one of the bunch.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 18, 2020 1:59 pm

Allen didn't want to spend too much time here he didn't have to. That being said his main goal here was training so he could be strong enough to beat Kievot back at home. The people here seemed much stronger then back home, though he was wondering the realistic time before he got strong enough to be ready. He had quite the long way before he was actually ready.

'Maybe mining. If the pay is good enough I could save enough to get my own ship.' After that? He'd see where the best places to get training were in this dimension, though it wouldn't hurt to know ahead of time to plan things out.

Mining first. If they were advertising there had to be someone to talk to. If it wasn't for the situation he would have been enjoying the dimensional aspect travel more then what he was.  While he knew keeping a level head was the most importance, realistically by the time he got strong enough his home was going to be in worse shape. There already wasn't really much left for him back home, but the least he could do put closure to this so no one else had to worry. That and he couldn't let all those who had died just be for absolutely nothing.

____

As Allen continued his search for funds that were a means to a end for his bigger goal, he was finding more options but nothing that truly stood out to him. The mining one seemed the most promising one out of the other options he had thus far, but he had wanted to see if there was anything else that would catch his mind.

"You there, do you have a moment?"

Allen briefly paused to see where the female voice had come from. There was a young woman that seemed to be in her late twenties or early thirties judging by her appearance even if that could be deceiving. If the armor they were wearing wasn't a clear sign of what they were, the tail along with the scouter was. The only thing really unusual was the armor symbol and such; he really hadn't seen it before but it must have meant something.

"I might. Can I help you with something?" Allen couldn't think of anything of what they could possibly want.

"My name is Luffa, and I have something of a job proposition for you. If you're interested, we can discuss the details there." She glanced at a cafe. "If you're interested I'll be there."

"Wait. You're not going to wait to ask?" Allen asked as they already began walking towards it.

They didn't pause their walk. "You still have Alusarian blood, and I know them well enough you won't be able to resist at least seeing what it's about considering the source. I prefer we not waste each other's time Rosemand. It's up to you."

Of course that made Allen partly want to do the opposite, but damn it she was right especially since she knew his last name somehow. I'll go, but if turns out to be a waste of my time I'm gone. That part sated for now, he headed after them.

Inside the cafe there weren't that many people there, and from what he could smell it was some type of tea shop? Not something he expected the average Sayain to be into, most at least back home liked more rougher drinks. Luffa was waiting patiently, as if she knew he would come along.

"Well, that didn't take long. Feel free to have a seat and we can discuss things."
Luffa motioned to the seat on the other side of the table.

After a moment, Allen decided to sit. He was going to play it somewhat cuatiously but he couldn't deny he was curious about a number of things. "So if we're here not to waste each other's time to start with what kind of job and how did you know my name?"

"Fair question." Luffa started. "I know your name because its part of my job to know about a potential recruit. As for my job offer..before I ask I have a odd question; do you believe in time lines or dimensions? That has to do with my job. I guess you can call me a officer of sorts in that area."

The young half-breed schooled his features in a netural expression. He wasn't dumb. Allen knew they had to have been drawn directly to him if they were implying they were some sort of time cop. "So am I in trouble?"

Luffa smirked and shook her head. "No. If it was that easy to get in trouble, a lot of dimensional hoppers would be in trouble. But yes, it's part of my job and something you might be interested. I'll answer some questions, but nothing too sensitive as some stuff is secret until you become an actual member. That sound fair?"

All right, not exactly what I expected..

There were a few angles he could approach it, but he decided straight forward was best. "Ok. If you know my name, then you must know or have a idea why I'm here. Why me?"

"Why indeed?" Luffa asked, pausing as a waistress dropped off her tea. She waited until they left before taking a sip and then sighing contently. "Ah. Even after all this time I still have yet to find anything that beats this place. To answer, the Time Patrol offers a Great many opporuntieis to improve yourself both by equpment and people you'd never otherwise meet. As for why, its your character. You're quite a interesting one in your own right and one well suited for it as well as being decently strong."

She drummed her fingers on the table. "And between us, we are a bit short."

That sounded good, but he had to ask something else on his mind. "That's sounds good, but what do you guys need with officers and such? Can there really be that many messing with time?"

"You'd be surprised, and its a bit more complicated  then that. I can't go into specifics of enemies."

"Figured. Was I the only reason you came here?"

Luffa paused a bit, as if mulling over the answer. "No. I had some personal business as well of letting someone know I was all right. They seem happy where they''re at with others like ourselves." She was going to continue when she heard a bit and sighed. "Seems I'll have to do a brief rain check. If you're interested in joining give this card a call or visit. I''ll be here a few days at least."

Allen glanced the card over as the young woman left. Today had been a interesting one and he wanted to sleep on his options before he decided. So to that end, he went to his room to take a shower and get some proper sleep.

Tomorrow he was going to call Jason before he made any quick decisions as well as figure our if this was a real thing or not. So the next day he went to use the phone to contact them once more.

Last edited by Sion Reaver on Wed May 20, 2020 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 20, 2020 8:20 am

The vid-com beeps for a bit but doesn't connect. Jason probably wasn't at his place, but rather he was likely out and about "Well, well. If it isn't Allen Rosemand. Who are ya calling on this fine 'day' at the space station?" he asks, already knowing that call was meant for him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 20, 2020 9:04 am

Allen turned around to see Jason; he wouldn't be surprised if he knew already with everything else that happened so far but you never know. "Just the person I wanted to see. I wanted to ask you about this 'Time Patrol' if its a legit thing and what's it like. I was approached by someone about the whole thing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 20, 2020 9:29 am

Jason thinks for a bit "Walk with me. Talking in front of the vid-com is no place to hold a conversation." he says as he starts off "To start, Yes. The Time Patrol Is a real thing. But if you were to ask me if it's a good idea to join? As this point in time, I would say no. Now isn't the best time to join them and while they Might be able to get you stronger, it's not enough at the pace that you want." he explains "For now, I would suggest putting them from your mind and focus on some of the jobs here... they could lead to great things if you stick with it. Like that mining job you were thinking about."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 20, 2020 10:13 am

Allen wasn't too sure about that, but at the moment it really didn't hurt to try. "That was my first choice out of the things I've seen so far. It pays the most and I won't be coerced into doing anything I don't potentially want to do like some others. What are some good places to train in this dimension?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 20, 2020 11:43 am

Jason smiles a bit "Don't worry. I can be sure for the both of us on this one." he says "When you go to break the news to the ladies, let me know. I wanna have a word with them." he says "Now, as for a place to train, I would worry about getting yourself financially stable before worrying about training. Like I said, all in good time."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 21, 2020 9:41 am

Allen wasn't doing anything besides the job aspect part at the moment so he was thinking may as well get it out the way. "I might as well go now to get it out the way for the rest of the day. You can come with if you wanted to talk with them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 21, 2020 9:50 am

Jason nods "Yeah. I believe we have some things to talk about." he says following Allen "Incidentally, I have some business off station that I need to take care of for the next few days, so you'll have to watch your own back until then, but, I suspect that's nothing new for you."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 21, 2020 10:07 am

"No. Not its not."

It was nice to have some sort of help for once, but his life experience told them not to be too reliant on it. He wasn't that stubborn not to accept help, though he knew people who definitely were even when it really was something they couldn't do alone.

Before too long, he reached the apartment complex, knocking and waiting a bit.

Few moments later Luffa answered the door. "Have you decided?"

Allen shook his head. "I decided not to, at least for now. There is someone that wanted to talk to you."

The young Sayain didn't seem phased, simply accepting it. "I understand and respect your choice. May I help you with something?" The last comment was directed to Jason.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 21, 2020 10:12 am

Jason raises an eye brow "You know who I am." he says evenly "It's not time for you to be here and Wendy didn't send you two here either. Your place, for now, is at HQ. They'll need all hands on deck soon."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 22, 2020 8:18 am

Luffa nodded. "Understood. We'll be leaving shortly then."

Allen watched them close the door to prepare to leave. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised you seem to have know people there too. You're not a official member are you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 22, 2020 10:45 am

Jason shakes his head "This is the first time we've met." he says "And I know just about anything I need to. Including the small part that I don't join the Time Patrol for another couple hundred thousand years." he says with a shrug "However, those two won't bother you for a bit."

Jason thinks for a bit "Besides, you wouldn't want to go to the Time Patrol anyway. Another version of you had a daughter and she's there and things would get Very awkward for you both if you go there." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 22, 2020 10:55 am

"Milla mentioned about another me having a daughter which they confused me with so not too surprised."
Out of all the places he went to, what were the odds he run into a place with another him? It was still odd to think about.

"So when you do you have to be heading off station? Today?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 22, 2020 11:24 am

Jason nods "The Allen of This timeline Does have a baby girl names Mistie, but an Allen from Another timeline, one that doesn't exist anymore, Also had a daughter named Mistie. It's Her that you would run into." he points out "I guess I should have left a little bit ago, but oh well." he says with a shrug.

"As for the odds? Pretty good if you stick to the core dimensions. The mid dimensions, not as common. And the outer dimensions? Not very likely. And seeing as this is the Prime dimension, you were bound to run into one, Maybe two versions of yourself." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 22, 2020 12:00 pm

"It's still kind surreal to me, but I guess with a lot of things with enough experience it becomes just as mundane as going to the store." Allen went to make sure he was following the right directions he had written down for the mining thing; shouldn't be much further.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 26, 2020 11:18 am

Jason nods "You get use to it. Especially when you know shadow clones, or the multi form techniques." he says as he claps him om the back "Well, I'm off. Good luck with your new life." he says, knowing that he wouldn't need it, as he had already set things in motion.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 26, 2020 11:42 am

Allen watched them go before continuing on his way to his destination while it wasn't ideal, it did make since he had walk before he could run which meant taking care of his money issue first.

It didn't take them too long to reach the spot, he was looking for who seemed to be in charge so he could talk to them. After that? He figure it out.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 27, 2020 10:09 am

After applying for the job, Allen got a message from the foreman asking for an interview for later in the day, about around 2ish.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 27, 2020 12:59 pm

That suited the young man just fine, he had nothing planned and at the moment he had nothing of a social life. In fairness he literally just got here and he wasn't just a relaxing trip. Realistically, he was looking at a few years at least so wasn't going to be anti social. He did wonder if he became more attached to some of the people or places here.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 28, 2020 8:33 am

At about a half hour before, Allen gets a time delayed message from Jason. The young Mystic appears on the screen "Howdy, Allen. Now, I know you're getting ready to head on off to your interview, but let me just save you a little stress, you're gonna get the job..." he says, no uncertainty in his eyes "Now, here's the important part, in four days time, you Need to take the afternoon shift, no matter what. Your skills will be required at that time, so do whatever you have to, to get on that shift im Four days." he says, emphasizing the importance of the date "After that, let time take it's natural course." he finishes as the screen goes blank.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 29, 2020 10:03 am

He wondered exactly what in particular was so important that he needed to be there at that time. He had some educated guesses as to what it might be, but honestly no way of knowing until time came. Allen was just going to make a mental note to try to make a excuse why he needed to work that day.

In the mean time he had a interview to attend to.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am

The interview went as well as it could go and Allen got the job, just as Jason said he would. His first shift started tomorrow at four in the morning. There he would be taught how to use a plasma drill and standard safety procedures.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:05 pm

Allen was relieved he got the job, but not for the first time he wondered just how Jason seemed to know so much, he never asked because he didn't really know them like that and it seemed like a more personal question.

He still had that room Jason had gotten for him(for the time being) so since he needed to wake up early, he was going to head to bed early so he could get up on time. First impressions counted when getting a new job. It wasn't training and just getting his feet wet. Perhaps Jason was right if he Had joined the Patrol, it be awkward but he didn't think so, at least no more then meeting Milla. Only way it be really awkward if he found them attractive or something.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:48 am

Four in the morning, station time, came entirely too soon and before long, it was time to head to work. The Foreman of the dig site was a heavy set Arcosians by the name of Tundra "So, you're Allen Rosemand? Okay, let's get you up to speed with what we're all about..." he says, handing a data padd to Allen.

A diagram the area around the space station, which was surrounded by asteroids "As you can see, we have a ring of rocks orbiting around us, that's how big the station is, but these floating rocks contain Many precious resources, including Quantium 40, which is Highly sought after." he explains "So it's up to us to get as much as we can, for the benefit of the station and it's people..." he mumbles that last part, as if he didn't believe that line.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next