Warrior From A Unknown Land

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Warrior From A Unknown Land - Page 5 Empty Re: Warrior From A Unknown Land

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:47 am

Allen took the data pad as he listened to the older man, or seemed like it as it was hard to tell at times about their kind. He hadn't expected to run into a Arcosian in this field. Though to be fair people had the stereotype they were all high class or something, which couldn't be further from the truth. It did make him slightly curious of who else he might be working with.

"So does most of this stuff actually go back the station or?"
Allen wouldn't be surprised if regular people got crumbs while a smaller group got more then what was needed.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:29 pm

Tundra shakes his head "Only the Quantium 40 gets processed at the station. Everything else gets shipped off." he says as he brings up the stock value of Quantium 40. It was pretty high "As you know, Quantium 40 is an extremely valuable source of energy for almost every space fairing race out there. Without it, we would need to use plasma drives or, the gods forbid, phazon powered drives." he explains as he gets up. He was rather girthy for an Arcosian "Now, take your time to read the 'How To' manual on the plasma drills. I'll get us something that passes as drinks." he heads on out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:57 pm

Allen didn't mind drinks, he could go for something right about now just he wasn't sure what he was in the mood for. It didn't matter, as a half Alusarian he was hardly picky when it came to food or beverage. In the mean time he focused on reading, this was going to be important to know for as long as he was here.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:30 am

After a few hours of studying and test taking. Allen was now on the drilling platform "Okay, now it's time to put what you learned into practice." Tundra motions to a plasma drill "Careful, it has a kick when you start it up. For someone like you, it likely won't be noticeable, but when you're in the Zero-G of the Belt, that kick could send you floating off into deep space." he warns "So make damn sure your Mag-Lock is Always on when not on the platform." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:40 am

Allen went to the plasma drill, he knew what to expect but it was definitely not the experience he was used to. Not that it was a bad thing. "Got it. Any other little odds and ends I should know about the manual didn't cover or gloss over?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:13 am

Tundra nods "Some of the dig sights have hostile critters on them. Now they avoid well lit areas, so if we have a power outage, pop a flare and wait. The back ups usually kick on after a minuet." he explains "However, just incase they don't and those critters start to swarm you, feel free to use the plasma drill to end them, but watch out, they explode when severely injured. So don't let them get Too close." he finishes.

"Now, go to the main platform to meet your foremen. They'll assign you a block to work on and a trainer to teach you the ropes." he says as he opens a door to a lift, which leads to a shuttle.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:19 am

Allen stored the information in the back of his head for later, or really more then likely pretty soon. He followed into the shuttle so he would be ready for the next part of the job trip.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:18 am

There were a few others on the shuttle. Some looked humanoid, while others did not. Some were talking amongst themselves, while others were not. The shuttle ride was only about a minuet or two from the docks to the mining platform.

There was a foreman waiting out side the landing pad, taking names and scanning I.D.s of the workers and assigning them work areas.

The foreman was an Artican "Ah, the new guy. Tundra told me you'd be on this next shift." he says after scanning Allen's badge "Now, I assume you went through your training? It's just like that, but with a working plasma drill." he points out.

He then nods to some equipment "Get yourself a PDA and a drill and follow the map to your dig sight." he says "You'll be getting some more company later this afternoon so don't worry about making a quota this time."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:53 pm

Allen hadn't expected to see a Artfican, but it really didn't surprise him either and made sense. Allen went to grab his equipment to get ready for his shift in work. "I got it, thank you." It was a good thing he said there be others so he wouldn't have to worry about things as much today.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:06 am

Work was pretty much what one would have expected from mining. You cut the rocks, you move the rocks. Every now and then you would find some ore. It was laborious work, but thankfully, it wasn't hot or dark in the mines. Everything looked professional.

When lunch time comes rolling around, four more people come shuffling in along with the Foreman "Okay, so it's just like in training. You don't have to worry about making a quota today, just get the feel for things." he says as he nods to Allen "If you have any questions, ask Allen." he says as he heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:26 pm

Being a half Alusarian, Allen naturally was looking forward to lunch especially after a half day of work. Though that was really to be expected more or less. He didn't really know anyone here, but if he was going to be here for any length of time getting at least a few names wouldn't hurt.

He decided to talk to the person that was closes. "My name's Allen, new around here. If you don't mind me asking, have you been at this for a while?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:50 am

One of the workers looks over to Allen "If we've been here a while, we wouldn't be starting in the noobie tunnelz would we?" he asks "The Foreman just got through saying that if we had any questions to ask you, right?"

Another shakes his head "No. We all just started. Work's kinda hard to find on the Station and off world work is even harder to find, at least, Honest work, that is." he mumbles.

A third one claps Allen on the shoulder "We're in your hands now, boss. Tell us what ya want us to do." he chuckles. He was an older fellow, unlike the others.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:05 pm

Allen slowly nodded a bit. "Yeah. Most of the jobs I could get were too low paying or something about them I couldn't jive with for one reason or another. Glad I found this one."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:04 pm

The third guy, the older one tilts his head slightly "Can I assume that the word 'Jive' means that you weren't really feeling those jobs?" he asks.

The second guy hefts his plasma drill "Come.on, guys. We're not being paid to stand here and talk, right?" he asks as he starts to trudge on.

The first one follows "About time..." he mumbles as he walks past Allen.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 pm

"Yeah, just a saying I picked up on my travels."
He didn't say earth because for one he didn't know how different or not different this earth was from his own. A part of him wanted to visit just to see if some of his loved ones that had died over the years existed there too. He dismissed it, as he felt it be like trying to use other people as a replacement.

In the mean time, he took a cue from the others; time to get back into the grove of work.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:34 am

Work wasn't as hard as most were making it out to be and the plasma drills certainly made it easier. There wasn't really too much in the way of valuable ore where the noobies were working and soon enough, work came to an end.

As everyone was putting their drills and gear away, some were checking their PDA's as they clocked out. The Foreman comes in "Good job out there today. We pulled in a lot of valuable ore. As usual, you'll all get your cut at the end of the next work day." he says to everyone.

He looks.over to the rookies "We tend to pay everyone what they mined the next day. We'll buy anything you find down here, even the rocks you mine. No one walks away empty handed." he says as he nods to them and heads back to his office.

Rand, the older rookie, looks over to the others, a smile on his face "They'll even buy the worthless rocks we mine? Now That's incentive to work hard." he chuckles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:40 am

Work as the saying went was work and went by doing the usual mundane things. It wasn't bad per say though as it was a nice change of pace doing something like this then other stuff he had done in the past.

When the foreman came back and explained, it sounded good and he definitely would keep that in mind. Though it did remind him; Jason said he needed to be here in the afternoon four days form now.

So before he left he caught his attention. "Before you leave, I was wondering if four days from now I could catch the afternoon shift. Just had something to take care of in the morning. " He didn't, but they didn't need to know that.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:30 am

The Foreman looks as his padd "I don't see that being a problem." he says "Most people try to get late shift because most of the good ore has already been mined, usually, if they do their jobs right, but if you want the afternoon shift, I'll send the details to your PDA." he says as he nods to Allen and starts off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:20 am

Allen was pleased with that, even if he still had no clue why Jason wanted him here for that particular day but he seemed to know a bit too much. But first order of business was getting something to eat, maybe look around then go to his box of a place. Not complaining though since he had been in worse with how he grew up.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:15 am

A few days had passed since Allen got his new job. "Hey! You, Alusarian!" a Saiyan calls. He had three of his buddies with him "Why are you Here when your home is being attacked by the Trojan?" he asks "Could it be that he's Scared of the Trojan?" he asks, which gets mean spirited chuckles from his friends.

"If he had sense he Would be scared." another says, which gets more laughs from the other Saiyans.

"What's going on here?" asks a gruff and stern voice as an Older Saiyan comes walking.over to the group "Don't you four have something better to be doing?" he asks.

The four Saiyans seem to be panicking a bit "Elder Lee, we were all just leaving. Missions to take care of." he says as the four of them rush off.

Lee watches them go, then sighs "Kids today..." he mumbles, nods to Allen and starts off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:27 pm

Allen didn't care what they said, they were just randoms so their opinion about him was irrelevant, but if they started something besides bark, he'd finish. Other Alusarian's would react more negatively of the insult about  them being scared to protect their home. Of course, he had seen some Alusarian's could do some rather stupid when it came to their personal honor, just like Sayain's with pride if they didn't keep a lid on it.

Then another Sayain came and it was defused though he figured while he should do research on who these 'Trojan' were he might as well. "Excuse me. Is it true what they said about Alus being under attack?" It wasn't earth and it wasn't his Alus but even still he didn't want anything to happen to it. The Trojan didn't exist in his world, but they seemed to be a big deal here.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:03 am

Lee nods "When last I heard, yes. My Queen has sent some forces over to help, should they require it." he says to the young man "The best thing you can do for your people right now, is stay here. Going there, now, would only complicate matters." he says as he nods, then starts off. He seemed bitter about something.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:57 pm

Allen wasn't entirely sure why that was from what the older man said, educated guess and what made the most sense was they would be on extremely high alert. So if got there unnaounced during the chaos it very well could be trouble on accident.

In the mean time, he had a job to do. It should be the same as almost every other day.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:53 am

At the usual meeting, the Foreman comes walking over, he seemed pleased about something "Gentlemen, and Lady... I have some great news. Last night, just before quitin time, we hit a vein of Quantium 40!" he pauses to let it sink in.

As valuable as Quantium 40 is, and they got roughly the equivalent amount of what the day's haul is worth, this was going to be a very profitable day for everyone.

The Foreman motions to the transport "Alright, people, let's go make some Money!" he says. He Sounded happy, but since he was Artican, and they typically didn't have mouths, it was hard to tell.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:59 pm

Allen while not money hungry, definitely did appericate the extra cash when he definitely needed it. When he was finished he was going to look into stuff about the situation on Alus, though he suspected news would be kind of slow until things slowed down.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next