Laying Low

2 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Laying Low - Page 5 Empty Re: Laying Low

Post by Namey Sat May 02, 2020 7:46 pm

Chelsea huffs "The sooner this community service is over, the sooner I can go back to making money. After all, a Jinn without profit, it no Jinn at all." she grumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 02, 2020 8:57 pm

Devin chuckled a bit. "Hey cheer up, you're almost done right? You'll have plenty of time to rake in the cash once you're done." He didn't think they stay once their service was up if they had something more monterrey rewarding lined up. Or maybe not, time would tell.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 03, 2020 3:30 am

Chelsea shakes her head "No. I still have over a year to go on my community service." she grumbles. The Hunters didn't assign her the usual hours, in terms of community service, but two years of it and she Needed to get a certain number of hours in a week.

The front door opens and Mathilda comes wandering back in. She was alone "Well, I got the information you wanted." she pulls a small note pad out of the breast pocket of her overalls "I also sent the little fellow home."

Turns out Toby and his brother, Jareth, were Jinn and while Toby had the standard two elements, he could only use one of them at the moment, while his brother had three elements and was showing signs of a fourth one.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 03, 2020 10:36 am

"Good job. It gives us a starting point. Did they say the last place of where they were seen?" He wasn't sure why they might of possibly been taken if they hadn't ran away. Maybe someone had been interested in them since they were showing a fourth ability.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 03, 2020 10:44 am

Mathilda nods "Toby said he seen his brother last, when he left for school and when he got back, his brother was just gone." she says.

"I'll out good money on that he was abducted." Chelsea says "With three out of four elements already and a fourth possibly on the way? He could be an Avatar. Those are so rare amongst my kind as to be virtually unheard of in this modern time."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 03, 2020 5:27 pm

"Did they mention the school name? Probably a good idea to check in that school to see if any of the teachers or anyone saw anything out of the ordinary." Did they mention anything about their folks?" Kyoko would of been useful here if she wasn't busy with whatever it was she was doing.

He turned to Chelsea. "If that's the case, besides maybe fellow Jinn taking a interest why might be others that might hypothetically?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 03, 2020 6:45 pm

Mathilda shakes herbhead "No. But I assume that Toby meant He was leaving for school and not his brother, whom he implied is older than he is." she says "He also made no mention of his parents, which makes me think that they aren't in this story."

Chelsea nods "Oh yes. If this Jareth fellow really Is an Avatar, many groups within my kind would like nothing more then to get their hands on him. Especially the stronger houses." she points out "You see, an Avatar is one of my kind who can control all four elements at one time. We haven't had one of those in almost five hundred years."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 04, 2020 9:48 am

"So I guess we should see about these houses potentially, that sounds like a stealth mission since they obviously aren't going say anything even if they did nab them. First thing is checking on that school though. We have the name of the school and a surname for Jareth?"
He asked Matilda. They needed someone good at stealth and infiltration for this kind of mission. If the young man was that important they would just hide them away if they felt things were getting too hot,

It wasn't about the money in this case, the poor kid obviously didn't have much. Cases like these would put them in better standing in the Inhuman community; word of mouth spread surprisingly fast if they could do it. Better standing meant better cases and influence.

He wasn't above putting his pride aside to call the Hunters if they absolutely had to, but he rather not. Besides, he could hear Danny saying in the background that they didn't need their help and they had this case thank you very much.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 04, 2020 7:38 pm

Mathilda shakes herbhead "No. Like I said before, the name of the school never came up. But I'm certain one of your other employees would be able to find out, right?" she asks.

Chelsea shakes her head "It's probably not going to be that simple. Especially if the boy trusts you, he's not likely to talk to anyone else from here." she points out.

"Did I hear you needed someone good at stealth?" Kyoko asks, suddenly stepping out from behind Mathilda.

The young woman jumps about a foot up and forward, two guns suddenly appearing in her hands "Oh Jesus!" she exclaims, pointing them directly at Kyoko, before calming down "Whomever you are, please reframe doing that in the future." she says as her guns disappear.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 05, 2020 5:50 pm

Devin was about to say something when a familiar voice came into things he quickly recognized as one of his other employee's. "Hey Kyoko, thought you'd be away for a bit. This is Matilda, our newest member. Right now, we're still in the planning phase. A young man by the name of Jareth was kidnapped and Chelsea believes by fellow Jinn, their younger brother came in earlier."

He was trying to get Kyoko up to speed with the basics, but for all he knew they Could of been here a bit longer and just showed themselves. "As for the kid, if he trust you maybe ask them one on one otherwise we would have to bounce through schools. If the parents are out it also means Jareth was the financial provider so that's another concern until its taken care of."

Maybe he'd be comfortable around Tracy and she did have a kid around the same age too. Maybe they become friends.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 08, 2020 8:13 am

Chelsea nods "If the parent's are out of the picture, that Would make sense..." she says, thinking "In fact, the brother Could have surrendered, in exchange for whomever it was that took him, to take care of his brother." she points out.

It was a bit unusual for Chelsea to get so caught up in a case. Normally she just tosses her hours down or asks for more hours of work to be done, so she could just go home.

"Either way, you're still gonna need someone to keep an eye on some of these major houses, right?" she asks. Kyoko had written down everything that Devin had told her, in case she needed it for later.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 09, 2020 12:27 pm

Devin did notice that, but he wasn't entirely sure why. Maybe it was because they were Jinn, or maybe it was striking close to home in some way. After all, she didn't really speak too much about her past but regardless he was grateful.

"Yeah, it be a good idea." Devin reasoned. "What do you know about these major houses?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 12, 2020 10:13 am

Chelsea shrugs "A lot, I would think, considering that I Was an enforcer for one of those houses." she points out "In New York, there are only Two major houses and dozens of smaller ones and are overseen by the major ones." she explains "For years now, there's been an uneasy truce between the two, but it's only a matter of time before it crumbles."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 12, 2020 12:20 pm

That was news to him, though again he didn't know as much about them even now. Perhaps that's why she took a interest in this case, though she said former so it meant she left for her own reasons. "And according to you, a avatar is very important to your people. So if one of the big houses snagged him, it would make sense. It could also be one of the smaller ones if they found out first but are maybe trying not to draw attention to it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 12, 2020 12:43 pm

Chelsea nods "That would also make sense. A smaller house getting the Avatar and making a move on one of the bigger houses... maybe both of them, and becomes the boss of the New York houses. I could see it happening." she says.

"All the more reason we should be out there beating the bushes and see what comes crawling out, yes?" Mathilda asks.

Kyoko nods "I agree. But there's still one problem, the little brother. What are we going to do about his safety?" the kunoichi asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Devin thinks a bit. "That could be a slight issue. He just trust Matilda at the moment. Jareth probably refuse to come back if we couldn't guarantee his little brother's safety." This was the bad part of about being such a small group.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Kyoko looks over to Devin "Okay, boss. So, what are our orders and how do we proceed?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2020 11:29 am

Devin didn't answer right away because he had to think on this one a bit of how to best approach this. "For now, we're going to play things slow instead of rushing anything. Matilda, I want to see if the kid will let you hang around a bit maybe get some more information here and there, a picture is kinda a must. Jareth is a extremely common name and with no surname that leaves little to work with."

"Kyoko, I want you to scout around the minor houses if you can. Since my knowledge is limited on That subject, I'll leave that particular portion to Chelsea. For me, I'm going to try to see if I can find anything about a Jareth in school. I'm assuming its high school."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Kyoko nods and disappears in a POOF! of smoke, already on the case. Chelsea jumps up "Hey! Wait for me, damn it!" she says as she goes heading out.

Mathilda nods "Alright, if you believe it would help." she says "And instead of highschool, you may want to try college. I was under the impression that Jareth wasn't in highschool any longer." she suggests.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 15, 2020 9:16 pm

It was going to be on the tedious side with so little to work with, but it was apart of the job. "Thanks. I'm going to check out the nearest college and go from there. If you find anything of interest just send me a text."

There was one nearby; he could go there and ask around the school if anyone named Jareth was at That particular school. He did send a text to Tracy if she knew anyone by the name of Jareth at her school, as they were missing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Tracy got back to him pretty soon. She said that there were two guys that she knew of named Jareth. One was majoring in politics and the other in engineering. She said she wasn't sure if they were missing, as they were on break right now.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 18, 2020 11:09 am

That gave Devin something to work with. He knew where Tracy's school was and if they were out maybe he could request to talk some of the staff as a private detective.  Traffic was a pain but not as much as it usually was in New York.

His fist step would be the front office, if it was open. He had thought of just calling and then going from there.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 20, 2020 8:42 am

After Devin called, he was told that the assistant dean (who's name was Burns) would meet him at the gate to the college and sure enough, he was there, with a security guard by his side. He was a lanky looking man who looked like he hadn't had a decent mean in years. The security guard looked like he was ready for anything, likely ex-military. The two were waiting for Devin to show.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 am

Devin was glad they met him, it wasn't much but it was something. "Thank you for meeting me Mr. Burns. I was hoping you'd be able to tell if you have a young man named Jareth that has a young brother named Toby that attends here. His little brother was concerned he went missing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 20, 2020 11:48 am

Burns shakes his head "I'm sorry mister Lavouche. But our student's records are privileged information and isn't something we can give out to just anyone." he says "If one of the students Are missing, isn't it best to check with the police to see if a missing person's report has been filed?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum