Laying Low

2 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Laying Low - Page 3 Empty Re: Laying Low

Post by Namey Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:04 am

Mathilda frowns slightly "Do you mean that angry werewolf?" she asks "I don't mean anything where someone's life depends on me, at least not just yet. I mean a small, training case." she says "Also, who will be my teacher?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:03 am

Devin shook his head. "I was just referring to this simple case because its easy and safe enough for a start just to get a feel of things. If there wasn't a case like that, we make a mock one. We can still do that if you have a preference, but as for training it'll be one of us three depending on who is here at the time, me, Ava or Kyoko. Ava is out for now and Kyoko. It's the later I prefer with new people since they're good at it."

He send a text to the young woman to see if she could meet up with him to meet the new recruit when she could.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:44 am

Kyoko sent a text back saying that she was busy with something at the moment and couldn't come back in for a few days, a week at the very most.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:59 am

Devin wondered what it was but it wasn't his business if she didn't want to go into it, he might find out when she came back. He closed his phone. "Seems its just gonna be me and you. You ready?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Mathilda nods "Yup. Just lead the way." she says. She Did wonder what they were gonna be doing for their first case. Maybe find a lost pet or something like that. But, she was sure that Devin would tell her.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Devin decided they would take Matilda to missing pet case, it was avaiable and it should be a good trial run for showing the young woman the ropes since it wouldn't be too difficult. It was a bit further out, so it take a minute to get there but he wasn't in a rush. "All right, the pet case it is. Not glamorous but as I said its to ease you into the ropes. Just for reference, how familar are you with New York in general?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:35 pm

Mathilda shakes her head "Not very well." she says "I have only been in the city a few months." she points out "However, I believe I have a way of traveling through the city that May prove useful, given the nature of our profession."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:01 pm

That interested the young man a bit, and if they were working together then knowing more never hurt. "Oh? So what did you have in mind for travel?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:33 am

Mathilda thinks on how to explain it "Onay, so it's not like super fast or teleporting or anything of that nature..." she makes a circle motion with her hand and a large (about the size of a person) Symbol appears.

Mathilda steps into it, disappearing, much like how she had before hand. A minuet later, she comes walking back into the office "I know that hasn'r demonstrated much, but it's easier to just show you." she says as she makes the same motion, which summons the same glyph "Now walk on through."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:11 am

Devin had seen them before but he had never been in any so he wasn't exactly sure what to expect when it came to this sort of thing. Never the less if it was going to be a demonstration then he wasn't going to waste time as he entered.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:50 pm

After Devin enters the portal, he finds himself.. still in the office. Mathilda looks back to Devin "Welcome to Purgatorio." she says as the portal closes.

"Now, I know this Seems like your office, and it is, in a manner of speaking." she says as she picks up something off Devin's desk and tosses it at Danny's desk, which Shatters into splinters! Though it didn't seem like it, Mathilda apparently used some Hefty force behind the object she threw.

She turns away from the desk, or it's remains "We'll come back to that later..." she says as she heads out.

Outside, there were what Looked like blurry/see through outlines of people walking throughout the city "Here, in Purgatorio, there are very few who can Actually see us and our actions Here, don't effect the normal world." she explains "Perfect for tailing someone, wouldn't you agree?" she asks.

She heads back inside and motions as the symbol reappears and she walks through. Danny's desk, which had been reduced to splinters just minuets ago, was perfectly fine now.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:43 am

Devin had experienced a lot of different things but this was really a first for the young man. It was almost like being in some spirit world? Sort of. He didn't think he had become a spirit or anything. "That could be plenty useful. So is there any catches or drawbacks to it?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:59 am

Mathilda nods "There's one big drawback. If you have to be taken there by someone else, and you get seperated from them, you May be stuck there for a good while " she explains "Also, I'm not the only one who can open gateways to Purgatorio. So from time to time, there may be other visitors lurking about."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:56 am

There was a slight pause, Devin was thinking. "Are your angel 'friends' more likely to be inside? It's suppose to be their home turf right?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:01 am

Mathilda shakes her head "No. They hang out in what my people call 'Paradiso', or what most call 'Heaven'." she says "They normally don't even bother with the Human plain, so I wouldn't worry too much about them." she says, waving them off. she figured she wouldn't mention the demons, who Did like to play with Humans.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Devin would take her word for it, being the expert when it came to these type of angels and things. He'd be rather useless against any of them that weren't at the bottom power curve. Not that he was going out looking for a fight with them so it didn't matter.

It didn't take too long to reach their client's house and Devin knocked pulling out a pad. "You don't nesscarily need it if your memory is good enough, but I would recommend a pad or something to write down notes of the case you're on. Right now its just meeting them and asking questions before you head out to complete it."

After a bit longer, a older woman cracked open the door. "Are you Devin from the Last Maiden?"

Devin nodded. "Yeah. It's nice to meet you Mr.s Helga. And this is my partner Matilda. You mentioned something about a missing pet? Do you have a more recent picture? Where did you last see them?"

The old woman reached into her pocket and pulled a picture of a black lab. "Shelby is her name. She's been missing since yesterday; dug her way out of the backyard. She's left home before but always came back but hasn't so far so I'm worried. Do you have more questions?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 pm

A missing pet case. That seemed almost Too perfect and since Devin knew who this person was, it would mean he's had Some kinda contact with her before.

Mathilda Would have asked some questions and such, but she didn't have anything to write on. Which meant, after Devin got all the info, she would need to make a stop and pick up some work supplies.

In the mean time, she would remain quiet and let Devin work, while she observed how he conducted himself with a client and picked up some pointers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:04 am

Really only because she called them in before meeting them in the flesh so to speak. "Nothing too much. Is Shelby friendly? Will she come with us if we coax them or do you they need something like a treat? And is there anything else we should know?" Not that was anything to worry about with a normal dog, just he'd rather not have to move them physically if he didn't have to.

"Not that I know of at this time. She's friendly, and probably. Give me a moment." The old woman went to retrieve a small bag handing it to Devin. "I personally made them and they're one of her favorites. Anything else?"

"No ma'm. I think this is enough. I have your contact so we'll be in touch if anything comes up. Have a good day."
After they closed the door Devin turned to them. "That's generally how most things go. Usually, you get the needed information from the case at the office itself like I did before, then you either meet them in person or talk to them on the phone to get as much as you can to make solving it easier. In this case, we don't have as much to work with."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Mathilda thinks for a moment "We should, probably have checked if there were any places the two frequented. Like a dog park or something of that nature." she says "The dog may have gone there, seeking familiar ground."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Devin felt that was a sound idea, while he was mostly the driver of this scenario he was leaving stuff open(to an extent) to get Matilda's input on things. He sent a text to their 'client' before putting his phone away.

"Good job. And seems like one of those they do like to visit, dog park that is. There is another place they go to, its a side street with a lot of street vendors. I think that be our best bet, and is it a bit closer. Any objections?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:31 pm

Mathilda shakes her head "I don't believe so. After all, this is your case. I'm just along for training purposes." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:50 am

Devin decided to lead them to the street vendor area to search for the dog which as stated didn't take too long to reach. The people more or less didn't pay them much of any mind. He did ask around if anyone had seen Shelby around after showing a picture, most just said no but a few claimed they had seen them pass through.

'Doesn't help as much as I would but gives me a idea..'

The conversations lead Devin further down, to where they claimed a dog matching that descrpition went into one of the boarded off abadoned buildings. The issue? There were a few, at least four on each side.

"Hm." Devin started. "I think to save a bit of time we should split and go to the opposite building and call each other if we find anything. Sound good?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 am

Mathilda nods slowly, thinking "I think, I'll head towards the closest animal shelter. If the dog hadn't already been picked up, maybe it had been chipped. That is common among house pets, is it not?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:06 am

Devin shook his head. "It hasn't or they be easier to find. Going to the animal shelter while I look around here isn't a bad idea. If you find anything let me know."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:22 am

Mathilda nods "Right. I'll call you either way, should I find anything." she says as she heads on out. The abimal Not being chipped will certainly make things harder, but she supposed if the beast Had been chipped, it's owner wouldn't need their services in the first place.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum