Laying Low

2 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Laying Low - Page 4 Empty Re: Laying Low

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:53 pm

The animal shelter was a bit nosy with some of the dogs and such barking which was to be expected. No one else seemed to be there at the given moment, and a older woman in her 50's stood behind a counter with the name Betty on it. "Can I help you young lady?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:25 am

Mathilda nods "Excuse me, ma'am, but I was wondering you had, perhaps, seen this dog around here?" she pulls out a copy of the dog's picture "She responds to Shelby. We're helping her owner, Mrs. Helga, look for her." she explains "Shelby means so much to Mrs. Helga, so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated."
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:53 pm

The old woman looked at the picture. "I think we have something that matches."

She motioned for them to follow them further in the back with other dogs; and sure enough there seemed to be Shelby. "Is this the girl you're looking for?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:43 pm

Mathilda nods as she sends a quick text to Devin, saying that she found the dog they were looking for "That is, indeed the dog we're looking for." she informs the pound lady "I had contacted my boss, who will likely be letting the dog's owner know, and they should be here shortly. In the mean time, how much are the fees?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Betty thought about it a bit longer. "Hm. Normally thirty but given the owner is coming I'll go with twenty that sound all right?. There are so many dogs that come and never get picked up around. It's rather sad."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:18 pm

She had once read that it would be over a hundred dollars to get your animal out of lock up. However... "Here you are. Twenty dollars and an extra ten to keep the lights on." she says as she signs the necessary papers. Mathilda wasn't Really a dog person, but she would just have to deal with it for this case.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:43 pm

Fortunately, it didn't take too long for Mrs. Helga to come over to collect her dog who was over enjoyed to have them back. Once she composed herself and had a collar on Shelby secured, she held out a envelop to Matilda. "This is yours dear. I apperciated the help and if I find anything else to help you earn money I'll let you know."

Devin nodded. "Since you're new, we don't have everything set up but this is the gist of it. Since you're the one who actually found Shelby and it was more your mission then mine, it's all yours."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:00 pm

Mathilda was thinking about being the nobel savage and saying that since it was a team effort, they should split it. However, she needed the money "Well, if you insist." she says, putting the envelope in one of her pockets "I assume we head back ro the office and talk shop?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Devin shrugged a bit, putting his hands into his pockets as he headed out back to the Last Maiden. "More or less. I was trying to get you a basic feel of how the cases are, though of course not all will be as easy and simple. You did good today and while it might not seem as much doing consitently good job can land you jobs. It's who you know after all."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:45 pm

After the two get back to the office, Danny was back and looking through some old cold cases. He looks up "I got a new lead on one of our cold cases that I got to follow up on tonight, while the window of opportunity presents it's self." he says as he finds the file he was looking for "I'll probably be out of the office for a few days." he says as he rushes past the two "Welcome aboard, kid." he says, and was gone.

Mathilda blinks "Well..." she breaths "He certainly was in a hurry." she says as she pulls out a chair "Is it always going to be as... in and out as that?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:03 am

Devin shook his head a bit as he headed touwards the very small kitchen area they had set up. Why have it made? Why not in his book even it was..mostly just a fridge, table and such. "Depends. Some cases take a while, like with Danny with whatever he's up to. You thirsty or hungry?"

Seem like the young woman would be a good fit so far, them being attractive was a bonus.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:51 pm

Mathilda shakes her head "No thank you.. " she says, thinking "From your website, it says that we deal in cases of a 'Supernatural' variety, and it just so happens, that I Know someone that would fall under that category." she says, referring to Rodin, whom Devin likely wouldn't know "I Could ask hin if he has anything for us, on an occasion. Though, he would likely want a cut of the profits." she grumbled the last part.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:04 pm

Devin was digging through the fridge; nothing much so he just opted for a drink. "It still might be worth it, depending on the cases and how much of a cut they take."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:11 pm

Mathilda didn't really like talking to Rodin, especially alone "I, uh, I'll see about setting up a meeting between you two, that way you can broker any deals personally." she offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:34 pm

Devin sat down once getting his drink. "Hm. I could give it a shot and talk to them and see how it goes."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:38 am

Mathilda hesitates a bit "I'll, try to get a hold of him tonight. He, also runs his own bar called 'The Gates of Hell', it's a bit on the complicated side to get to, but I Believe he makes acceptions when it comes to clients and business partners." she explains "You know, if you're into such places "
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:08 pm

"I go to bars on occassion, but usually not my thing." Devin preferred to drink at home or around a group of small friends if he was going to get drunk at all. "What's his name?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:02 am

Mathilda could understand that. She only snuck into bars when she was looking to make some quick cash. "His name is Rodin and he's a demon, of sorts... I think..." she mumbles the last part.

The front door opens and some guy, that was about eighty or so, comes wandering in "Excuse me... is this the social security office?" he asks.

A young Hylian woman comes rushing in "No, mister Douglas, this isn't the social security office..." she says as she ushers the old man out "I'm terribly sorry about this." she says as the two exit.

Mathilda looks over to Devin "Does that happen often?" she asks.

Before Devin had time to answer, the front door opens again, and a young boy, no older then ten, was looking in, holding a piggy bank "Um, e-excuse me... could you, um, could you help me, uh, find my brother?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 01, 2020 7:51 am

Devin wondered why the young woman seemed unsure if Rodin was a demon or not. The old man coming in confused wasn't a surprise, but the young woman who was a Hylian was a slight one, if only because you didn't see them on earth that often.

The kid coming in with a piggybank was kind of new though. He wasn't comfortable taking a kid's money if they were looking for someone. So first thing first. "We might be able to. Have you tried the police already? How long have they been missing?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 01, 2020 5:56 pm

The kid comes in and nods "Y-yes. He been missing for three days now... I went to the police, b-but since we're not Human, we don't fall under their juris, jurisma... they said they can't help me and to call the Hunters... but they're scary and my brother told me to avoid them if I could." he explains, sounding lost "S-so, I looked online and found your website." (somewhere out there, a wild Danny 'Wooped' with happiness).
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 01, 2020 6:38 pm

Devin was wondering a few things in his head at the moment, but first thing was first. He got his pad out from his pocket. "Ok, so in order to help you I'm going to need some basic information. For starters, what are you and your brother? It might help narrow a few things down potentially. Do you have a picture of your brother and when is the last time you saw him? Do you have other relatives or just you two?"

Maybe the kid's parents weren't around, it might explain why they weren't here. Or of course, could be they did this on impulse. Both were plausible.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 02, 2020 5:16 pm

The kids eyes start to tear up and Mathilda moves over to him "Hey now. No need for tears." she says as she pulls out a handkerchief to dry his eyes "Come along. I'll buy you some ice cream and you can tell me about your self and your brother." she offers.

The kid slowly turns off the waterworks at the mention of ice cream "O-okay... I'm... Toby..." he mutters, avoiding Mathilda's eyes.

The young witch smiles a sweet, soothing, smile "My name is Mathilda... but, if you like, you may call Maddy." she says, holding out a hand "Shall we be off, Toby?" she asks. Toby, reluctantly, takes Mathilda's hand. As the two of them start out, she casts a wink to Devin.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 02, 2020 5:23 pm

Devin figured he overwhelemed the kid with too many questions at once and maybe should have broke the ice a bit more. Maybe they be more comfortable with Matilda then him from the looks of things, he could wait a bit.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 02, 2020 5:31 pm

During that wait, Danny sent a text saying that he wouldn't be in tomorrow. Meanwhile, Chelsea comes wandering and tosses a white envelope on Devin's desk "Payment for that cheating spouse case." she says. This community service was Killing her, as she wasn't allowed to take Any of the profits of her labors "The client also said she would most likely have more work for us when she goes to court for her prenuptial." she says, sitting down in a huff.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 02, 2020 6:03 pm

Devin looked up from his computer. "Welcome back. We got a new member of the crew probably meet them alter. That aside how have you been holding up?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum