Laying Low

2 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Laying Low - Page 2 Empty Re: Laying Low

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:49 am

Devin slowly nodded to that. "If you're sure, then its fine." While he was happy to help he also had to think about those around him since it wasn't just him to worry about. It be irresonbile to bring That kind of trouble around those like Tracy and the little one. "In more pleasant news, did you bring a application with you? If not, its fine for now I'm more asking to make sure I have it for a reminder of things and legal stuff."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:10 pm

Mathilda shakes her head "No. I was only told to be down here for a job. I didn't know I needed an application." she says "Do I need one for this job? Because, others knowing what the secrets of my kinds may not be a good thing." she says in a low tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:52 pm

Devin shook his head after. "No, just it would have helped. I wouldn't ask for anything too personal. Though a bit of honesty since you were up front to me, I know what you are. You probably don't want everyone and their mother to know about it so if you think it'll give you attention you don't want, its fine."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:38 am

Mathilda nods slowly "Well, seeing as how trade secrets are what got me in trouble in the first place, I believe it's best I not tell too much about them." she says.

She looks at her watch, she had a half hour before she needed to be at work. She had a little more time before she had to leave.

"So, if I were to get the job here, what could I be expected to do?" she asks. So long as it wasn't cleaning the toilet, she wouldn't care.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:45 am

Devin didn't miss a beat. "While you'll get paid by the hour, a lot of your bigger earnings is when you take on cases. That's where the money will rack in for you. Some of the cases are pretty small and mundane stuff but we've been getting more attention lately. If you decide its something you want to do."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:55 pm

Mathilda nods before Devin finishes "Yes. Absolutely. Anything would be better than scrubbing toilets for minimum wage and getting bitched at by a little snot college student on a power trip." she says "Will I get to wear whatever I feel comfortable in?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:52 am

Devin didn't see the issue to have a uniform system or anything considering the job it would of made more sense to be lax. "For the most part, yeah you're free. I'm pretty laid back on that front. As long as someone isn't practically naked, a bunch of racist stuff on their shirt etc. Just basically more common sense stuff to avoid making the business look bad so you'll be fine. Welcome to the team."

He liked to think he was decent at reading and getting a vibe of people so he wasn't just thinking with his male part of the brain. "If you don't mind me asking, are you from London originally? I like the accent."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:26 am

That last question caught Mathilda off guard a bit "Huh? Oh, not exactly. My sisterhood is from across the pond, but I'm not from London." she explains as she stands "If you'll excuse me, I have to get to work and put in my two weeks." she says. She Had thought about just outright quitting, but that wouldn't be proper.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:38 am

Devin could respect that. "All right, I won't hold you up then. Take care." He still had work to do, such as the case that was mentioned not too long ago he would need to look over.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:57 pm

After Mathilda leave, Danny comes walking back in "So I take it the kid's got the job?" he asks "Do you think it's a good idea to have an Umbra Witch on the payroll?" he asks "You know what kind of troubles they bring with them, right?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 pm

"Consider it a trial period." Devin said as he turned to Danny. "And yes but typically if you don't bother them they don't to you unless they have a interest far as their enemies go, But if you have concerns I'll hear them out."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:59 pm

Danny thinks "My biggest concern, is that she Needs to send an angel to Hell each week, or so, or be dragged to Hell herself." he says "Or at least that's what I've read. She might be too young to have made an Infernal Contract with a demon and if that's the case, we don't need to worry." he mumbles "Also, you've probably never seen an Umbra Witch mad, and truthfully, neither have I, but I've heard the stories and it ain't pretty." he points out "Don't get her hopes up, then dash them. She might lose it."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:25 pm

"I wouldn't do that." Devin shook his head. "If she's not contracted then we wouldn't have to worry about that part. Truth be told, my knowledge of them is on the moderate side of things. So the angels they have to send to hell, is it specifcally the ones that have beef with the infernal demons? Not like I've really seen the former or anything, not that someone like me really can."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Danny nods slowly, collecting his thoughts "I believe so and the angels and demons usually don't like each other, so if they see each other, they'll likely attack." he says, still thinking "Ya know, now that you mentioned it, I haven't really seen any of them fighting it out either... not in the centuries I've been walking these lands." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:07 pm

Devin in response, shrugged. "Well, demons and angel at the end of the day is category so it only tells you so much. It could be since they aren't entirely physical beings that the average person can't see them. If they're say spiritual in part in nature, maybe one would have to be spiritually aware to see, or they can just turn invisible in some way. They sound like a pain on that alone. But guess it doesn't matter as much since not like they're gonna invade."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Danny shakes his head "Wish I was as sure of that as you seem to be." he mumbles as he takes a slug of his coffee "If you want, I'll take that case." he offers "Should be easy enough. I'll get to it after my meeting today."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:58 pm

The other man thought about it then nodded. "That'll be fine. They'll probably be more cases later on."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:09 pm

Danny takes the case file and looks it over "If the commercial does it's job." he says as he looks the file out and frowns a bit "There's only a name and number..." he mumbles as he gets up and heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:04 pm

Devin decided to go check the website for anything out of the ordinary at least for the moment. Ava hadn't came into today but he got a text yesterday that she wasn't feeling that well so it wasn't that big of a surprise.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:33 am

Sometime in the afternoon, Mathilda comes back, wearing a black shirt and red coveralls "Okay, I'm back." she says "What is it that you would like me to do?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Devin would admit Matilda was quite the looker, that uniform she had been wearing didn't do them justice. "I'll be honest, when things are slow things can be rather slow and boring. Though normally, its looking for cases and such."

He handed them a pad. "Got this for the group, just make things a hell of a lot easier. There are a few cases but nothing major at least on the surface. Once you find something I'll tag along, just to get a idea how gel with things."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:04 am

Mathilda nods "Okay. But here's a question: will we still get paid if there are no cases? At least, no major ones, I mean to say." she asks. Mainly because, like most who work here, she has expenses that need paying.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:00 am

That was a fair question. "Of course, everyone gets paid hourly still. Think of the cases like extra on top or if one is a waitress or something similar like tips. You all want hourly, but if you want the extra cases its where it's at."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Mathilda nods "That sounds good. So, any easy cases out there that you think I may want to take? Like a cat in a tree or something?" she asks
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:57 pm

Devin thought about it, having to look through the list. "..It's pretty dry today, honestly. The only case is a missing dog, and there was earlier a missing person case but one of your co-workers took it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum