Laying Low

2 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Laying Low - Page 10 Empty Re: Laying Low

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:23 am

Devin gave a mental shrug as he moved closer. "Give me a try." He didn't want to accidentally break the door so he didn't put that much force into it, at least not compared to what he could really do.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:22 am

As Devin starts on the door, it felt like someone was holding it closed, someone who wasn't nearly as strong as he was as he was moving it open, but it becomes a bit harder, as whatever it was, reaffirmed their grip.

Over by Aki, Oka looked like she was struggling with something and the more Devin opens the door, the more she looks like she was having a hard time with something.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Devin wasn't sure what the plan was exactly, unless something else happened he'd still have to go. He did wonder if these people were even legit cops or crooked ones; just something seemed really off about things. Still..he decided to play along with it a bit longer. "Sorry. Not sure what's up with the door, give me another second."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 am

Detective Liter nods "Sure, sure. It doesn't look like we're going anywhere soon." he says as he starts messing with the door.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:32 am

Devin glanced at his crew, Kyoko was quite he wasn't sure what she was doing or going through her mind. The two sisters seemed about the same, save Oka? If she was doing something he decided not to approach as to not draw his attention(and suspcion) towards her so he continued to play dumb for the time being.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:42 pm

It seemed like Devin didn't notice what Oka was doing and if he did, he wasn't doing anything. But before he does notice, Aki lightly touches Oka's arm "Oka, anata wa ima tomaranakereba narimasen." she says in a soft tone.

This snaps Oka out of her concentration [color=pinki"Ah!"[/color] she says in surprise as the door snaps open!

Detective Liter falls back "Whoa!" he exclaimed. He picks himself up "Talk about paranormal, huh?" he chuckles "But I guess this sort of thing happens all the time, right?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Devin knew Oka had been trying to do something but he hadn't wanted to risk it espeically Oka who he had a soft spot for. On the surface they should have no way of knowing but he had a odd feeling about these cops and the situation in general. Underestimating people that were complete unknowns had bit him in the ass too much and he had no idea if the 'cops' were as clueless as they were letting on.

"More then you think. Ready when you are."
He'd just have to deal with it he supposed and be on his guard about things.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Liter nods "No time like the present, right?" he says as he heads out. He contacts his partner as he heads out.

Kyoko walks over to Devin and hands him a piece of paper "If there's any trouble, use this." she mumbles to him. On one side there was a Strange Symbol and on the other side was a quickly drawn set of hand sings 'Boar (Ousu-Buta), Dog (Inu), Bird (Tori), Monkey (Saru), Ram (O-Hitsuji)'.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:06 pm

Devin knew it was Chakra ninja related even if he didn't know anything else about it. He didn't have anymore time to waste so he said simply. "Send me a text." Which meant a clue how to even use the thing since it was a first for him. She could send it in code for only something he'd get, but she was smart enough to get it; she was a ninja kind of her thing.

He followed after the police officer, he had a feeling he'd learn soon enough of what was going on.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:44 pm

It was a long ride to the police station, mainly because of traffic. Liter was making small talk while Hammer was stone faced quiet. Once they got to the station, the two check in at the front desk "Our office is this way." he says as they come up to a door that reads 'Detective S. Hammer/ Z.Liter'.

Inside it was the typical police office. Two desks, filing cabinets. Hammer's desk has pictures of his wife, dogs, a fishing trip as well as duck hunting trip.

While Liter's desk was devoid of any pictures and only had his award that he got in the line of duty and different officer competitions

They sit at Liter's desk "Okay, now Mister Lavouche, as we said before, we got a case earlier..." he starts as he picks up a file and flips it open "Can you tell us where you were at about ten last night?" he asks as he sets the file in front of Devin.

In it was a photo of the two college guys at the library yesterday and they both looked quite dead...
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:12 am

Devin internally frowned. So why are they questioning me exactly? It couldn't just be I was around them or they be asking Ava and Tracy to where they had been. Though hopefully that wasn't the case.

"Ten? I was at home. Prior to that I was at Alden's orphanage talking to the current owner about a case I was working on." He slid a phone to them. "That's a video call I was in around that time by a friend named Larry to bounce ideas off of but got nothing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:38 am

Liter nods "We'll check into those." he says as he picks up his phone with a glove.

"You're probably wondering why you're here, huh?" Hammer asks as he pulls out a digital recorder and hits play.

""Hey there. Sorry for the left field but heard you guys were apart of Paranormal Research Society . Have you just recently seen a woman that looks like this?" Devin's voice comes out of the recorder "Not now, dude. There's a Real live ghost, right Here!" says the voice of one of the guys.

Hammer clicks it off "It took a little work, but we pulled your voice from the Hunter's data base and they even offered to pick you up for us, but we were confident you wouldn't give us a problem." he explains.

"So, mind telling us about this woman you're looking for? Is she a missing person that we could help with finding?" Liter asks as he closes the file "And what did those promising college kids who were into paranormal stuff, have to do with finding her?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:12 pm

Devin sighed a bit shaking his head figuring he may as well tell them since they ask anyway. "She's dead." He then continued. "It was a woman name Elizabeth Hale and apparently she's been a cold case for a year. Not sure if that name rings any bells, she was a vampire that was murdered. I'm sure the Hunters have something on them, but they were unable to find them. Only reason I know is because her spirit is apparently attached to me now for help. I only know because one of my co workers can talk to spirits. The two kids I approached I was hoping maybe they saw her or something, but I should of known better you at best just get heat signatures and such. That's what they meant by a 'real' ghost because I was showing them a picture."

"Before you ask, Elizabeth needs time and energy to manifest again and my partner wasn't around so haven't exactly gotten a chance just to get a straight answer. Yesterday was a bust, but who ever did it wasn't a ranked amateur. The trail was too cold and clean to avoid Hunters and everything else for it to be. I crossed it being a ex Hunter or something or they likely have a clue at least who it is. As for the kids, I don't know. I do know there was a evil presence my friends picked up. Could be related to the case, or just a conidence."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Zip quark a brow "Wow. This sounds, a bit too coincidental. Like, you Have someone who works for you..." he looks at his files "One of the Ruto sisters, I believe, and they just Happen to not be there at That moment?" he asks "And when that kid told you to take a hike because they were 'following a ghost', you just let it be? Wouldn't you have gone after them to see if it was your ghost?" he asks.

He shakes his head and sits on his desk "There are too many unanswered questions and the biggest one, Ghosts? Come on. If that were true, that would answer the age old question of life after death." he chuckles "What do you think, partner? he asks Hammer.

The older detective was looking something up on his computer "His story about Elizabeth Hale checks out. She was a cold case from about a year ago..." he spins his monitor around so the other two could see "As for ghosts being a thing, we've been invaded by aliens Twice in my lifetime... I'm inclined to keep an open mind at this point." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Devin mentally shrugged. "It's more because they couldn't help me. Even if it was, it just be a signature; so it be no use so I left. As for ghost thing, seeing and experiencing kinda made me a believer. The truth sounds odd because the saying truth can be stranger then fiction isn't just saying."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Liter shakes his head "But the video not only shows the 'ghost' pointing in a certain direction, the two young men even say it's pointing and you said your friend picked up an 'evil presents', maybe it was your ghost's killer and that's why it was pointing?" he suggests.

"If everything you told us is true, this next part will make no sense, so... we'll just play it and you can fill us in." he says, nodding to Hammer?

The older detective clicks the recorder on again and the smooth sound of breathing can be heard, as well as ragged, gurgling breathing that slows and stops "devin lavouche should be pleased the job is over..."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:02 pm

This was the first time Devin looked troubled both by the voice and what happened. "I'll be blunt, I missed the pointing the first time. I don't even recognize that voice but it now makes more sense why you wanted to talk to me. Knowing my luck, its the same dude that killed Elizabeth is setting me up with no proof to say otherwise. This feels partly my fault, if I paid more attention at what they were pointing at they might still be alive.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:38 am

Hammer shrugs "Or, you could have ended up a victim like these two." he points out "Currently, we have no idea what this person, or persons, can do and just thinking that by being there you could have made a difference, is dangerous thinking." he says.

Liter slides off his desk "Until we know for certain, we're gonna have to keep you in a holding cell. You know, just until we can verify your story and if everything turns out on the up and up, you're in the wind." he motions for Devin to follow them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:54 am

It might be true intellectually and he knew that but emotions weren't always on the same page as each other. He felt the same way about Elizabeth, even if the former he knew it was a shot in the dark if he had been there would of made a difference or not.

He sighed a bit as he got up. "All right."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:35 am

Liter leads Devin to an empty holding cell, which was more of a room for protective custody inmates. A bunk, and toilet with a skin on the top. "We'll get ya some food in a bit. Just sit tight." he says as he locks the door.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:14 pm

This sucked, but could be worse. Devin was trying to think of why they would bother to frame him. Was it because he was getting close to the truth to their liking? But it didn't make any logical sense; he literaly barely started the case. They would of have to be trailing them regularly even before this case happened. Which was a possbility but that irked him because it meant someone dangerous had been around his group and he hadn't known it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:42 pm

It was about two hours when the door opened and Danny walks in. He was dressed as a cop "Hey boss." he says "I've been filled in on the situation by my contact. The two officers are trying to get you charged with Anything so they can hold you longer, but I've got road blocks in place. Though, not sure how long they'll last." he says as he looks back to the cop standing guard "Legally they can Only hold you for twenty-four hours without charging you with a crime, but now that I'm back, I'll make some calls and see what I can do." he assures Devin as he starts out "Stay cool, we'll get you out of here." he says as he leaves and the door closes behind him, he left a tray of food for Devin.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Devin stayed there a bit longer before thinking back on that seal. He had absolutely no idea what the hell it was even suppose to do but it was worth a shot in this case right? When the guard wasn't watching them as much he decided to give it a try. He made sure to lightly draw blood with his nails before performing the required signals. It felt kind of silly doing this since he wasn't a chakra ninja but it should do something. "Summoning jutsu." He mumbled under his breath as he completed it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:46 pm

The effect was immediate as there was a 'POFF!!' and smoke filled the cell room, but quickly dissipated and Kyoko was standing there "Ah, so you needed to use the seal after all?" she asks as she looks out the small window in the solid steel door "So what's the story? We're all kinda worried about you." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Devin sighed a bit. "They seem to think I'm behind some kids being murdered.." He told them in summary of what happened prior for them trying to hold him here.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum