Back Home(m)

2 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Back Home(m) - Page 4 Empty Re: Back Home(m)

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:51 am

Devin Had noticed his people seemed uncomfortable around Dan, but his feeling was it was due to them being a Necrowarrior. They were one of those class of people that gave off such feelings, regardless of their personal character. Admittingly, he knew nothing about this Dan character but he had helped with the Cedrick situation.

"That's very generous of you, but its something I'd want to think about and talk to my people about first. Is there a way to contact you after I check things on my end If nothing else I'd like to know a bit more about the person investing.?"
Devin said, which he thought were fair questions. The was also the fact depending how things went with this case they might not need it; regardless he'd rather talk to everyone before just going with a big decision like this.

It was odd anyone want to invest in what was basically the equivalent of a mom and pop shop of private eye business but there was more to it he was sure.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Han shakes his head "Nope. I got no contact information and no background to search. But if you want to talk, I'll be around." he says as he gets up and places a card, face down, on Devin's table "I'll be seeing you." he says as he walks out, nodding to Tracy and Ava "Ladies." and like that, he was gone.

After Han leaves, Tracy shutters a bit "That man, he gave off a creepy feeling." she says "Despite what he said, he doesn't feel, right." she mumbles, holding her arms.

The storage room door opens a crack "Um, is-is he gone now..?" Oka asks in a small, almost squeaky, voice.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:25 pm

"It's all right they're gone you can come out." Devin told Oka as he addressed the others. "So judging by all your reactions Han gave you all pretty bad vibes, right?"

Ava admitted the man was handsome, but didn't take away the cautious feeling she had. "They seemed all right, but yes that man gave off a very dangerous aura. I'm surprised given what you are you didn't pick up on it on some small form."

In response, Devin shrugged. "A bit. Although, I don't like to give away my personal power to people. Fear and intimidation is giving others another form of power over you. Plenty of people could clean my clock by breathing in my general direction, I'm more worried about the others around me then myself. If everyone is uncomfortable with it, leave that part alone for now. Sides, never go into a deal without knowing the details."

"Maybe easier said then done, but if you encounter that man be careful. I know you can take care of yourself but still.."
Ava trailed off slightly.

"Yeah, I know. Don't worry I will be." Though, given the connections he was going have to interact with them anyway, so he looked at the card given; no contact information so it was probably just some place he could Maybe meet them at.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:08 pm

There was an address on the card. It was the Eternal's Ally, which was now run by the creature known as the Death Knight! Which could only mean one thing, if Han had put a card with That address down.

"We're not seriously thinking about accepting their offer... are we?" Tracy asks, having a feeling that she had seen that man, Somewhere before, but couldn't lock it down where.

Oka shakes her head "While he didn't give off any bad Thoughts, he gave off a bad feeling. I didn't like it." she shutters a bit.

Aki (aka Nemesis), comes walking in "Who was man who had just left?" she asks, sounding empty "He gave off, such wonderful vibes. Tell me he's a client." she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:43 pm

"Probably not.."
Devin was thinking just as Aki came in. "That man was Han, and not sure. That being said, I have a clue of what to look into now for the case so I'll catch you guys in a bit."

He grabbed his coat and headed out, Ava shook her head man was always on the go when on business but it was undersandbale especially with how important this particular case was.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:06 pm

It didn't take Devin Too long to get to the Eternal's ally. It was a decently sized ally thay was between two rather tall buildings. Inside the ally it's self was like a whole other ecosystems. One run by the downtrodden and homeless.

There were makeshift sleeping places, like boxes, or corrugated metal amd fire barrels all around. There were also places that had covering overhead, so when it rained, there was a place to get out of it.

At the very end of the ally, there was a mountain of trash that was crudely shaped as a throne and sitting upon it, watching over everyone and everything in the ally, was the Death Knight!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Devin didn't expect to be back at the alley, but considering things he shouldn't have been too surprised. There was no sign of Han, but there was, however, the Death Knight around which he honestly didn't know anything about. However, Han seemed smart and there be no way he didn't know about them and this alley so if they weren't friends, they at least knew each other.

"You have a moment? I was told to come here by a man you might know named Han."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Death Knight was glaring at Devin, his emerald eyes blazing as he gets off of his throne of garbage "Yes, I know him. He works with me and I have asked that he get close to your group, to keep an eye on you all." he explains as he starts down "You ruffled some feathers, no pun intended, when you took out the Jinn assassins. They might come for you and yours." he says in an eerie two tone voice "And If that happenes, you might not be able to defeat them on your own." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Death Knight, or 'Ross' as Cedrick called them didn't seem the most friendly fellow but they were helping. He supposed if he had a better sense it might cause some type of feeling, as is he just knew and seen they were dangerous so he let them be. Only reason he was getting involved now is..well he didn't have much of a choice since apparently their kind were behind the Jinn.

"I don't have a problem with that. Do you mean more Jinn or worse as in your kind?"
The later part was more worrying, though it was really an issue either way. All of them save Tracy could take care of themselves to some degree, just not against stuff like this. It was that reason he Was looking for some muscle so it wasn't up to him and Danny.

Easier said then done when you were just making ends meet though.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Death Knight shrugs, his chains klinking under his cape "Maybe both, maybe neither." he growls "If this was Really a big concern for them, they would do it themselves and go straight for the scourse. Calvine Mort." he points out.

"But..." he starts "That could very well make him a martyr and bring the people even Closer together, and that would make things even worse for our enemies... My enemies." he explains.

He starts back up to his throne "Either way, if they make a move against you, you'll have help, unless it's just Jinn, than you can handle it." he waves a clawed hand "If Han is seen aiding you against the Jinn, they might tell their 'Backers' that we're helping and who Knows what they'll do." he sits back down.

"Of course, the easiest thing to do is to give Darkside back her money and quite the case." he suggests "A few hundred grand and a major boost to your reputation isn't worth all this trouble."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 am

Devin didn't really want to as the case was too important with people in the background trying to undermine the peace. And on a lesser side note it maybe win him some brownie points with Cedrick. If it was just himself, he'd go on but he had people under him he had to worry about and just like when he was apart of his cell, that was part of his Main responsibility was their well being.

After mulling it over a bit, he spoke. "You might have a point, but think its a bit too late for that. After I stopped the Jinn assassin you said yourself they're likely to come after my circle directly. I'm not so sure they'd be in such a forgiving mood just because I stopped now after messing up their plan." Though it Did explain why they asked Devin to help rather then get involved directly in the hotel fight.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Death Knight shakes his head "The Jinn will go where the money is, for the most part." he growls "I have answered your questions. Han is in the back there." he points a clawed finger to a mission.

Sure enough, Han was there, serving food to the people. He was still well dressed, but had his jacket off and an apron on. His fellow volunteers, two young women, were flirting with him, he just laughed good naturedly with them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Devin made his way over to the young man. "Excuse me for a sec, you got a moment? I need to talk to you for a bit when you get the chance." They seemed in the midst of talking so he could wait a bit if need be.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Han excuses himself from the girls, takes his apron off and puts his jacket backnon before joining Devin "I see you found the ally easily enough." he says "So, what can I do for you? Does you being here mean that you've accepted my offer for help?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:27 pm

"I have." Devin started. "I also decided that it may be best to call the thing off after something was pointed out to me. The people connected that work for me may be in danger, and some can't defend themselves as well so its too much of a risk. Thing is, they're still likely gonna send their goons so worse case scenario may still need your help if you know who get involved."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm

Han nods "Aright. But you should know, once you drop the case, you'll no longer be a target." he points out "You and your team were never the targets. Only Darkside and Mort were. So if I were to join your team now, it wouldn't Really do much." he says "But I'll still work with you and your people if you want."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:31 pm

"I don't mind it. I rather be safe then sorry." Devin had never Once dropped a case so the whole thing didn't sit too well for him. However, as mentioned earlier his people came first. "Are you positive they'll leave it alone after?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Han nods "Reasonably so." he says "The Jinn usually like to use their skills to make money, and in this case, it looks like the Necro's hired some Jinn as hitmen, so if you remove yourself from the equation, and are no longer a threat, it's reasonable to assume they'll leave you alone, since you're not their targets." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:10 pm

It sounded about right, however he was going to sit briefly on it before making a decision on something like that. Danny was already out there among other things. "It's something to consider. In the mean time feel free to stop by when you get a chance I'm going to head back for now."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:24 pm

Han nods "I'll join you. Best to meet my new work associates when the boss is there." he says as he starts out with him "Just so you are aware, there Will be times when I disappear. When I do, don't worry." he says "I'm still working with Death Knight on other projects that will, on an occasion, call me away." he explains "But I'll always be there when you need me."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:58 am

"I gotcha. You have your own things to attend to so I won't think much of it when you have other things to get to." It didn't take too long for the two men to reach their destination.

Ava looked up slightly from her reading again to spot Devin and the man from earlier. She had No idea if they were a bad person or not, just her instincs gave off such a feeling. It had been wrong before but none the less the feeling remained.

"Welcome back. Will he be working along side us?" Ava asked.

"Yeah." Devin started. "There's been a..change of plans so they'll be working along side of us." He wasn't sure if it just be for this case but it depends on what happens and what Han wanted.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:28 pm

"Eep!" Oka squeaks as she rushes back into the storage room. Tracy looks all kinds of uncomfortable, but doesn't say anything.

Aki walks over to Han "Hello. Those are some very tasty electricial signals you're giving off. My name's Aki." she says, offering a hand.

Han could almost see hearts in her eyes as hard as she was swooning over him. Though, that was a pretty unique greeting "Um. Thanks? I'm Han. It's good to be working with you all." he says as he shakes Aki's hand, which he can feel a shudder pass through her and knew that she for a Fact, that she was a weird one.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:03 pm

It may have been strange but Devin and Ava had gotten used to Aki's quirks so they didn't really pay it too much mind for the most part.

Still, Devin figured he may as well ask. "So have you done solo investigative work before?" They were mainly here for the Necrowarrior thing but the off chance they stuck around after it be good information to know.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:45 am

Han shakes his head while he finds a seat "No. In another life, I was an enforcer for the Triad. They would tell me where I needed to go and I would go there." he says

"So... you're a, um, a hitman?" Tracy asks in a meek tone.

Han looks over to her, she shrinks back at the sight of his bright, emerald eyes "That's right. And I'm Still a hitman, of sorts. But instead of rubbing people out, I try to show them another path." he says.

"What kind of people are you talking about? Gang members and such?" Aki asks.

Han shakes his head "My kind of people, to put it mildly and we'll leave it as that." he says, leaving no room for debate.

He looks back over to Devin Now, for my other skills, I can pick just about any lock, drive anything with wheels, I'm Great at getting in and out of things, picking someone's pocket and... I make a mean shrimp fried rice." he says with a smile, as if he was in a job interview.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:09 am

By his people, Devin knew what the young man was referring to so he didn't say anything. His first 'fight' with a Necrowarrior, a name he only knew now because of Cedrick was a story in itself. Not something he'd blab about but maybe if asked.

The last part was something Devin could take easier to. So he was a hit man before? That wasn't something he had expected. "That sounds good, definitely something we could work with. Be happy to have aboard for as long as you want to stay."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next