Back Home(m)

2 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Back Home(m) - Page 6 Empty Re: Back Home(m)

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Devin knew why, Oka Really didn't like being around Han but he was going to be here at least for now. He couldn't say for the future or not if would be here but definitely until this particular case was done.

"That's good, less dangerous that way. In the mean time you can hang around me and Ava in the mean time if you want?" Devin offered the young woman.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Oka shakes her head "Thank you for the offer, but I'm going to head back to my apartment for the night. I still have my studies to do." she says. In truth, Aki needed to study as well, but her sister wasn't that big into school work.

Back at the office, Han was on the phone with someone as Aki was filling out a report and getting the invoice ready to mail off. Normal, everyday, work was all Aki seemed to need *After all, none of that stuff they teach in school will help in the Real world...* is what she thinks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 08, 2019 9:23 pm

Ava yawned slightly a bit. "I think I'm going to use that to take my leave as well and rest. Take care Lavouche."

The Ralphlim watched his friend leave before heading back to the office which didn't take him too long to reach. No one was there around this time, save for Han and Aki. "So, how did it go?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 08, 2019 10:18 pm

Han shakes his head "It didn't." he says, simply "We used all our toys and checked for all the classic telltales of a haunting, but all we found was an old house that was settling after a good rain." he explains.

"However, the client insists that her place is haunted." Aki says as she unpacks the gear "So I'll go back tomorrow with Oka and prove to her that there's nothing to worry about."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 09, 2019 1:10 pm

Devin nodded slightly. "In a lot of cases, hauntings or even possessions are rarely the real deal. That's why its a good idea to check for the mundane before seeing if its out of the ordinary. Hopefully your sister being there will give them some peace of mind that's its likely all in their head."

He went over to sit at his desk, or rather clean up the mess it usually was. Devin didn't need to per say but Ava had rubbed off on him ever slightly in that regard. "You two in the mood for pizza delivered here while we're all here? Nothing else, can't say anything bad about their pizza. It's not the cardboard they call pizza in some places I've been to."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Aki shrugs "That's fine with me." she says.

Han nods "Sure. But we'll be needing some soda to wash it down." he grins.

Devin's cell goes off. It was Danny. It seems he's finally reached Japan.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Devin decided to order something classic for the three of them but it wasn't too long before Danny called them so he picked up. "Hey Danny. How are things going your end?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 09, 2019 8:32 pm

"I just arrived in Tokyo about an hour ago and set myself up for the day. Once I make contact with my source I'll get in touch again." Danny explains.

Han leans over to Aki "you know, it would have been much faster if he sent me or uses paragon corps matter transporter..." he whsipers to the young woman with a wink.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 12, 2019 9:40 am

"Got it. Stay safe and if anything happens let me know." Devin hung up the cell phone then, and if he was lucky Danny would find out something useful relatively soon.

While the chances were about as high as raining shoes, Devin did decide to see if there was any pending applications at least before he headed off to bed for the night after eating.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 13, 2019 9:59 am

There wasn't anything that stood out Too much. A few strong guys, one had a military background in weapons, but that was it. There was also a fortune teller, who had a crystal ball and everything.

Danny's friend in the NYPD would do background checks on applicants, since background checks were expensive.

Han decided to stay at the office and get some work done, simce his kind didn't need to sleep, amd he worked all night long. Which wasn't doing much. He did some checking on the house that he and Aki were looking into and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Which was good, because it backed up their position about it Not being haunted.

Aki and Oka wander in at the same time "Eep!" Oka squeaks and hides behind her sister. "Good morning." Aki says, sounding dead once more.

Han turns to them, a smile on his face "Well good morning, ladies. I got coffee and pastries for a guick breakfast." he says.

Tracy wanders in soon after. She was fully awake and already had a cup of coffee in hand "Hey you two..." she says to the sisters "Um, g-good morning..." she mumbles to Han. He seemed like a really good guy, for being a hitman, but it was those horrible, bright emerald eyes of his. They always reminded her of that Death Knight creature that had taken over the Eternal's ally. Eyes she could Never forget.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Devin didn't find anything that really struck home so he decided to leave it by for now and retire for the night.

_____

The next day came before too long, but Ava was there long before Devin came in as he tended to sleep in unless it was needed otherwise for the most part. It was hopefully going to be a decent day but you never knew. They both did greet three(or rather two sine Hand was Still there) when the sisters arrived.

"Morning Trace." Devin greeted the young woman.

"Morning Tracy."
Ava said warmly, noticing them still being weary of Han but didn't comment on it. "You sleep all right?"

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 15, 2019 6:30 am

Tracy looks over to Ava "Huh? O-oh, yes. I slept well enough. Thank you for asking." she says. She nods to Devin, not really liking the nickname he gave her, but not saying anything about it. "good morning..." she mumbles as she heads over to the spare desk to do some school work.

Han hands out some files "I took the liberty of putting together some cases that have been floating around out there." he says, feeling proud of himself for taking the initiative "There aren't That many, but at least one for each of you, if you want to take them on." he explains.

Aki looks them over, bit shakes her head "Oka and I already have a job." she says as she picks up the file to that house job and flips through it "I see you have done some additional digging. That'll help us out." Aki mumbles as she gets something to eat.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 15, 2019 6:48 am

Devin was mainly in the testing phase if that nickname if Tracy didn't care much for it he would let it drop. He had given some of his friends nicknames before, but only if they liked it and it fit them.

At Han's statement, Devin found himself approving of it. That would be more then helpful.

"I would be interested in looking into something. I'm not doing anything else right now so.." With a shrug, Ava shifted through the files for a once over.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 15, 2019 7:57 am

There were a couple of missing persons reports, after the Incident, there were people still missing. A standard follow and document card of a husband wanting proof of his wife cheating. There was a missing item case where someone wants to find a "cursed" mask that had been in the family for generations. It's said to be able to turn a person into a vampire if they wear it. And lastly, another haunted house case.

Tracy looks over the cases. None of them interested her, so she goes back to her school work "I guess I'll take the haunted house case. That vampire mask sounds too out there for me." he chuckles.

The sisters had gathered their gear and the documents that Han had dug up "We'll be back in a few hours." Aki says as her and Oka head on out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 15, 2019 8:10 am

Ava found the one with missing people was what interested her the most and far more up her alley then anything else. Han comment surprised her, if only because it was obvious he wasn't exactly normal so to speak. "I think the missing person case fits me the most out of all these. What about you Devin?"

In response, the young man shrugged. "Technically, I'm already on something." It was just a matter of time then anything really, not entirely but his options were a bit more limited.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 15, 2019 8:18 am

Han nods "We are all on that case, but until we get more information from our man in the field, all we can do is look out for Darkside, who has proven to be able to take care of herself." he points out.

Han stands, buttons his suit back up, straightens his tie "Well, it's time to get to work. That apartment won't unhaunt it's self." he chuckles as he takes his file and the ghost hunting gear "I'll phone in when I know something." he says as he heads out as well.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 am

"Why not come with me then?"
Ava offered Devin. "Looking for people is easier with more then one person as eyes."

Devin didn't think it was a bad idea while things were slow. "You know what, I'll take you on that. Tracy, we're heading out for now so you have the fort to yourself." She had the keys to either lock it or leave so she'd be fine, she was a big girl.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 am

Tracy looks up from her studies "Huh? Oh, um, okay. Be careful out there." she says, before going back to her books. She's held the fort down before. No ome usually comes in, so she's fine with that. Besides, most everyone calls for a job anyway.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 15, 2019 10:00 am

Ava was looking over the file. "According to this, the client shouldn't be all that far away but just in case we should give them a call." With that, she dialed the number and waited.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 16, 2019 11:19 am

It was the usual story. They were here before the invasion and after it's like they disappeared. Chances were good that they were taken by the Trojan. Her's wasn't the first case like that in the month following the invasion.

There was a text from Aki saying that their case was closed for now. The person who owned the house wsnted to show up every six months to make sure it was still clean.

Later, there was a text from Han. The apartment he was sent to check out was legit haunted. Han didn't believe the spirit was malevolent, but it also wasn't a residual haunting either. He suggested they keep an eye on it in the future.

Lastly, Tracy text Devin. Cedrick Darkside was at the office, waiting for him. She didn't say Why she was there, only that she would wait.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Devin was wondering what was up, but he assumed it was some kind of update or something along those lines. So he told Ava to continue without him, in the mean time he headed to the office to see what Cedrick had came in for.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 16, 2019 1:59 pm

She was dressed in a nice business jacket and skirt, with pumps and stocking over those long legs of hers. She kept the front of her blouse slightly unbuttoned, so one could see the gem on below her collar bone. It was very dully glowing red, like it's batteries were on the verge of dying.

She stands as Devin comes in and offers a hand "Greetings. It is kind of you to meet me unannounced." she says "I know it has not been too long, but I was wondering if you had made any progress?" she asks as she pulls something out of her purse. It was a bag with a note in it "I intercepted another letter. This time it is ed as Calvine's family."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Devin didn't mind the sight of course but he didn't stare as that would of been rude. He did shake her hand when offered. "Unfortunately, no further progress just yet. I think we'll have something soon though once Danny gets back into contact with us. With that letter, maybe we could trace it back in some way? Its worth a shot."

He wasn't sure how, save for certain psychic powers and unfortunately the two he had employed didn't have powers of that nature but even so.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 18, 2019 6:58 pm

Cedrick nods as she hands over the note, as well as a post-it with an address on it "That is the address where Calvine's family lives." she says as she gets up "I have a meeting with our New York branch's R&D department in fifteen minutes. Feel free to call me if you find anything." she says as she starts out, but screeches to a halt. She looks over to Devin "Is there a back way out of here?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Devin took the note, since about everyone else was out(and he couldn't get into contact with Han, man needed a cell) it looked like he would be the one looking into things with the family.

Cedrick suddenly paused, not that he was watching her hips or anything with a odd request. That was a bit odd. "Yeah, there is one towards the back and to the left. You can't miss it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next