Into The City

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Into The City

Post by namey on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:37 pm

It took a few hours, and a few side stops, but Clover and Barioth finally made it to Empire City! It was very early morning by the time they got there and the city was shrouded in fog from the bay area. Making it look like a blanket of lights. Still, the city was positively Massive compared to Capitol City. The dock area for the air boats was five times bigger than the one in Capitol City and that's not saying anything about the sea bound boats.

Once they get off, Clover looks over the map once more. Taking in all the data that it had for Empire City "I find this map lacking in general details that we will need , if we are to complete a search of this city. she says "But first, I believe we should set up a base from which to conduct this search." she points out.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:24 pm


"So that means a place to stay. With all my ignorance of this realm I can't offer much insight. Hopefully we can find something that isn't too expensive."

That all aside he found the city very interesting, there be some time later to explore he supposed but the important part at the moment was helping Clover.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Clover nods "I agree, as our funds are running a bit low at the moment." she says "As for this city, my knowledge of it seems to be quite dated and while some o f the more notable locations and landmarks are still where they once were, much of the other locations have changed." she says.

As strangers in a less hospitable city, especially one as big as this one, they needed to be on the lookout for those who would take advantage of them or try to rob them. And while she was confident that Barioth's true form could deter most, it would attract others and some of them might not be too put off by it.

That would mean that She would have to handle things. But that held it's own brand of problems. She couldn't use her energy attacks without 'Unfolding' her wings and even then, any attacking Mystics would be able to easily block her attacks, or so she assumes.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:30 am


Barioth didn't know how strong Clover Actually was, and by her own admission neither did she since she had never been in a fight. For all he knew, she could easily turn Amadeus into a humanoid pretzel in a physical fist fight easily but power wasn't everything.

Ironically that general assessment was pretty close to the truth whether he knew it or not.

"I think we should consider getting some type of job while we're here. We don't know how long we'll be staying so we'll need at least temporary jobs. Unfortunately, as we aren't citzens potential employment will probably be limited to lower waged jobs. Or ones not really 'on the books' as some would say."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:55 am

Clover nods "I believe you are correct in your assessment of the situation. And I agree that we need jobs, since all my data points to us being here for a good while." she says "For now, I believe we should divide our efforts. I shall find us suitable jobs and you find us suitable living quarters." she says which, given the last place she picked, might be a good idea "Shall we meet back up here in five hours?" she asks.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:06 pm


Barioth didn't have issues with it, and there was nothing else he could come up with. He did worry a bit about Clover but she was based off a Mystic, even though by her own admission she had no idea how strong she actually was.

"That's fine, I'll meet you back here in five hours. Though, we really should consider getting some type of long distance comminucations if we need it." He said.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Clover points over to a booth with a glowing crystal in it "Those are how Mystics communicate long distances with each other. However, they only work with Mystic energy, so the would be useless to us." she says as she takes off one of her earrings and hands it over to Barioth "These earrings can function as two way communicators." she says "Simply rub it and it glows to show it's on. Blue is for transmitting, red is for receiving." she explains "Rub it again to turn it off. They also act as a tracking device, so if need be, I can track your movements."
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:28 pm


Barioth looked them over; it was strange these things could apparently communicate long distances but he had seen and heard stranger things. He experimentally rubbed it, and true enough got the desired results. "I think this will do. Just stay safe while you're out there."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:17 pm

The Android nods "You as well. There are some ere who would relish the idea of testing their strength against one such as yourself." she says, then heads off.

At first, she wasn't finding anything that ether of them would class as a 'Decent Job', so she kept looking. She noticed that there were some less than savory people flowing her. She could only assume that they were Outcasts. She would find some Guards and let them know.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:56 pm


Luckily, it wasn't like anyone knew what he was or should know anyway. At best maybe tell he wasn't human but that could mean pretty much anything. Either way he was going to search for the cheapest places, though from experience that likely meant it was going to be in the 'not as pleasant' areas.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:32 am

Barioth was correct. The cheapest places weren't in the nicest spots of Empire City. But, they were cheap and the hotel it's self wasn't all That bad. It helped tha it hired strong looking guys to work or it. There was a drop dead gorgeous woman working at the front desk, wearing a quite revealing dress. She gives Barioth the once over "Greetings..." she says in a voice that was pure silk "How may I help you on this day?" she asks.

* *

As it turned out, Clover didn't have to o anything to take care of the uys following her, as a dozen other guys walked out of an ally she had passed to surround the guys. Most likely rival gangs. Not tha Any of it was her concern and she kept walking as the soun of fighting could be heard.

Clover had some pretty decent jobs for the two of them lined up in a few hours. Since she had scanned Barioth, she had a good idea on what he could do, at least in his Humanoid form and she had found the perfect job for him, as well as herself. She just needed to wait fo him to find his way back to her.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 pm


While Barioth found them very attractive, business came first. "Afternoon." He said politely, but gave them a brief once over as well. "I'm looking for a place for me and my friend can stay so I was wondering how much you charge here."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:50 pm

The woman seemed to be interested in Barioth "We charge, normally, fifty crystals a night, but fo you, hot stuff, I'll knock it down to twenty-five a night. That's if you and your friend wouldn't mind some 'Adult' company tonight." she purrs, as sh tugs lightly at the front of her dress, showing a bit Too much cleavage.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:18 pm

That did give Barioth something to think about, but he'd have to ask if Clover was all right with it. In theory she might, considering what happened earlier. "I'll have to talk to them first. My name is Barioth but before I go may I have your name for reference?."

He'd also have to see if Clover found any job and more importantly how much they paid, that would really decide where to go from there.

avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:51 pm

The woman at the desk smiles, knowing that she had gotten Barioth. The person he was traveling with, however, would be a bit harder to ring in, she had a feeling "You may call me Missy" she purrs with a smile.

* *

Clover knew she had a ways to wait for Barioth to return, but she had no problem with waiting. It gave her the chance to see how the people that she had been modeled after lived their lives. It was all fascinating in way to her. She had never been on another planet before, even though she knew they existed and the Mystics as a people were simply curious in their own way.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:20 pm


Baritoh left the place before using the earrings to contact Clover. "It's me Barioth. I found a place that will charge twenty five crystals, if we were willing to have some adult company for that night. I'll leave that to you because its ultimately what you're comfortable with, you can talk to them, or I can keep looking and see what I find."

He could take it or leave it but his friend came first so the decision was hers.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Clover thinks for a bit "I have found us some jobs that will pay us under the table. Let us meet up at the agreed meeting point and we shall talk about our options." she says, ten her com goes dead, as she had logged off.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 pm


Barioth put the earring away before heading to the meeting point so he and Clover could discuss things and go from there. Though he did wonder what kind of jobs, since under the table could mean a great many of things.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Clover was waiting exactly where she said she would be. In fact, she was in the exact same spot as she was when they parted ways. She looks over to Barioth as he heads over and she starts towards him "I have found you a job that I believe you will find acceptable." she starts as she holds out a piece of paper. It has an address on one side, with a detailed map on the other, starting from where they were currently standing "It is a moving company and while the hours are long, the pay is good. Even under the table." she says "My profession is that of a server at a 'Maid Cafe' that's been growing in popularity since they were discovered on Earth."
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:38 pm


She was right, Barioth was fine with that. "Manual labor is pretty routine with me." Probably serve some of the younger generation some back at home, but now he was sounding like an old man. "As for our living situation, I'll leave that part up to you. We can go with that offer, you could talk to them more about it or we can keep looking until we find something. It's more what you're comfortable with."
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:01 pm

The android shakes her head "You're forgetting that I feel no comfort or shame. Whatever will get us a good deal on a room, until we get paid, is fin with me. she says "Shall we check out our new dwelling?" she asks.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:24 am


It was easy for Barioth to forget at times, still if she was fine with it then so was he. Sure he had needs like the next man but friends and whatever else definitely came first. Without further delay he lead Clover to Missy's place, he had a good eye and memory for these kinds of things.
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:06 pm

It doesn't take them long to get to the hotel in question. There was another woman at the desk, who was just as good looking as Missy, and just as (little) clothed as Missy as well "Well hello there handsome." she purrs "You must be Barioth. My sister told me you might be coming back. I'm Sissy. Missy is in back getting ready for you." she says.

She looks over to Clover "I assume this is your friend? She seems quite young to be joining in on some grown up fun. Maybe she can hang out with our little sister, Chrissy." she says as she nods over to a door on the side "So, are you ready to have your world rocked, big guy?" she purrs again.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:23 pm


"She gets that a lot. My friend is older then she looks though."
Technically true, more so in the mental sense from what he had seen. Physically, she was probably 'born' at any given time. He didn't know Clover's true chronical age, but he had a good idea of her mental age at least. On the flipside this way meant she didn't have to do anything if she didn't feel like it, not that she cared either way according to her. "And I'm ready when you are."
He wouldn't tell Clover what to do of course, that would be up to her.

(Do you have a pic what they look like or a basic physical descrpition of the two? If not its cool)
avatar
Sion Reaver

Posts : 5615
Join date : 2015-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by namey on Thu May 04, 2017 3:03 pm

((They both basically look like This.))

Clover looks around slowly, scanning everything in the room and possibly the hotel,then focuses on Sissy "Since it has been deemed that I am too young, I shall remain behind with Chrissy." she says.

Sissy nods "As you wish..." she hooks one of Barioth's arms and tugs him towards the back "Come along now. Missy awaits." she purrs.

As the two of them disappear into the back, Clover heads over to where Sissy said that Chrissy was staying and knocks, detecting the heat of one person in the room.

A few seconds later the door opens and a Young Woman looks over to Clover "Oh! Welcome! I assume that your dad is, uh, being entertained by Missy and Sissy?" she asks.

Clover nods "Indeed that is the case..." she says, thinking it was best to keep up the illusion of father and daughter "Though, what did you mean by 'Entertained'? The way you said it, almost made this place sound like a brothel" she points out.
avatar
namey
Admin

Posts : 6228
Join date : 2013-05-08

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Into The City

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum