Into The City

2 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Into The City - Page 9 Empty Re: Into The City

Post by Namey Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:25 am

Chrissy thinks "Maybe...but what if what he has to say isn't meant for us?" she asks, referring to Clover and how similar the two seemed to be.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:32 am

Barioth shook his head. "I don't know. It's possible, but then they could of talked to them at work. In fact, that would of made more sense then what they're currently doing and making them look more suspicious. According to Clover, that's where she first saw them."

"Maybe they just didn't have the chance to, still point taken." Espen says. "Though even he doesn't mean any harm, after what happened I doubt they'll stay in one place if any of us approach to say he could wait for Clover so it can finally be taken care of. They could talk in the other room, so if its private and if he does Anything we'll be around."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:39 am

Chrissy frowns slightly "If we stopped treating him like he was an Outcast, and actually tried to talk to him, instead of roughing him up and threatening him..." she says, throwing a look to Rosa "Maybe he would respond better." she points out.

She stands up suddenly "I'm going to go out there and see about talking to him." she says as she starts towards the front door.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Barioth was going to protest a bit but Espen interjected. "Give it an chance Barioth. Besides, you and Rosa are right there."

He didn't like it but Espen almost had a six sense about this sort of thing and people so against his better judgement he'd trust Espen with this.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:51 pm

The only one who could really stop Chrissy would be Rosa, and while the maid had the notion To stop the young woman, she didn't. Since Espen was alright with her going, Rosa would be as well.

As the young woman wanders out, the young man looks like he was about to take off once again. But even before Chrissy got outside, he calms down a bit

She wanders over to him and they just stare at each other for a bit. Going through all the motions of a conversation, but without Actually talking.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:55 pm

One had to wonder why that might be, since Chrissy was an civilian but it didn't really matter too much in the end. Barioth just hoped his friend judgement didn't fail him this time, so he didn't have anything more to say on it far as that until Chrissy came back.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:13 pm

After too long, the young man turns and starts off, as does Chrissy. She wanders back in and sits down to finish the rest of her meal "He's looking for Clover, but wouldn't say why. But he did say they had something in common." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Barioth shook his head. "About what I thought. Did you tell them they could talk to them in private instead of lurking back in the shadows?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Chrissy nods "Yes. He said he couldn't, because there were people after the both of them and thanks to the incident in the bar, they now knew who he was. But they don't know who Clover is yet and he can't risk talkin to her at the moment." she explains, looking over to Barioth "Can I have some more?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:32 pm

Barioth was thinking a few things, but it provided more questions then any answers. "If you want, I'll make you some more. We could leave to the library after." For such an petite young woman she could eat a lot more then one would think, but it was an common thing back at home. At least it meant he still had his knack for cooking still in tact.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Chrissy nods "Yes, thank you." she says "Leaving after is fine. I just hope we don't run into any of the local guards...They're pretty corrupt, as far as guards go." she mumbles "Claiming that everyone's an Outcast if you don't agree with them."

This gets Rosa's attention "Oh really?" she asks "I think I wouldn't mind meeting some of these guards for myself." she says. As a guard herself, Rosa took things like this personally.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:32 pm

"That's unfortunate but it does happen. Even back at home.."
Espen said more to himself. "Seems their position went to their heads."

He was already done eating as was Barioth, so it just remained for Chrissy to finish.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Chrissy finishes up and as ready to head on out. The closest library wasn't too far from their current location and since they were in the better part of Empire, they Should be okay, at least from the dock gangs.

As she thought, it didn't take the long to get to the library. It was about three stories, and Chrissy considered this to be small. Rosa had seen bigger.

Before they enter, Rosa stops Espen "I feel I should caution you, but in libraries, there's a no talking policy. However, I don't think it applies to non Mystics." she explains "If you need something, you may whisper it to me and I'll look for it." she offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:47 pm

"Where ever is the legal section is where I want to be at, but I'll keep that in mind."
Espen was going to ask How anything was done with no talking, but remembered their race could talk to each other telepathically so that answered that question. Rosa would know why he was looking there.

Barioth didn't have anything in mind, he was just here for the ride but maybe he'd see something that interested him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:23 pm

It didn't take Rosa long to find the section that Espen was looking for. Though, finding the right book, on the other hand, wouldn't be so easy, since they seemed to have a book about every law, sub and by, that existed on Elysium.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:48 am

It was going to be diffcult, but it wasn't something Espen hadn't done before. He had an rough idea what he was looking for, though the logical thing was seeing about contracts and employment in particular to see he could find anything of note.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:07 pm

After a bit, they Finally find the books they were looking for. It made about as much sense as Earth laws do, which was to say, not very much.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:36 am

Espen looked over the book carefully, and after being satisfied decided he was done for the day. It just meant some more paper work which of course was always fun, but if it worked like he thought it would he would be able to manage. Barioth didn't seem to be getting anything so it just left if Chrissy wanted anything before they left.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Rosa started to lead them back to their hotel, when a couple of guards comes walking up to them. Rosa steps in front and the three start having a conversation.

Chrissy move close to Barioth and Espen "The guards are making demands to Rosa. Mostly about crystals for being out after the curfew, at least, for me being out past curfew..." she says in a low tone "There is no curfew in Empire City..."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Both men frowned at this news. "You weren't kidding with what you said earlier, just didn't know it would be that bad." Espen mumbled. It was out of his hands at the moment, but once he was done helping Chrissy and headed to the place Rosa was showing him, he was going to ask Alister about the class system they had. Next time they met, anyway.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:47 pm

One of the guards gets a pissed look on his face as the other starts laughing "Rosa told them, uh, where they can stick their curfew..." she mumbles.

The pissed guard takes a threatening step towards Rosa, who holds up the crest of an elite guard, with a smile. Bot guards back up a step.

"Rosa told them that she would be informing the Circle and the Arch Bishop of exactly what's been going on here..." Chrissy says "The angry one is saying that it's one long elite guard's word against the Entire Empire City guard." she says.

Rosa puts her crest away, still smiling, shaking her head.The one guard smacks the other on the arm and they both turn and start off "Rosa told them that if it comes down to her word versus heirs, hers would win out for the Arch Bishop trusts her completely." Chrissy explains.

Rosa walks back to the group "I think I'll see about getting some elites to investigate the local guard house here." she says "That being said, I don't think we should linger."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:00 pm

"Agreed completely."
Espen didn't want to waste anymore time in this place after that, not to mention he wanted to dive into his work so Chrissy wouldn't have to worry about those people any longer. "It's an good thing we came around here, or you likely would have never found out."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 am

Rosa nods "Agreed. It's a disgrace that guards would even behave like this in the first place." she says, never losing her pleasant tone. She looks back to Espen "Shall we be off, than?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Espen fully agreed with that, he had Much work to do. So the moment all of them went back to their place, he picked an spot and got out a Lot of paper. It was the paperwork he needed to work on, he also had to cross reference things for all the legal jargon.

Barioth, for his part, went into the kitchen to make sure it was clean. He was a bit of a clean freak when it came to places he actually stayed at, but he was much worse in the past.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:24 am

Most of what was said in the law books, was that if there was a dispute in any employment situation that couldn't be resolved, should be taken to their local Circle member.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next