Into The City

2 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Into The City - Page 10 Empty Re: Into The City

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Espen should have figured as much, it seemed he and Rosa would have to pay their Circle member. He was Going to ask Rosa about it but it was a reminder she didn't live around these parts so they didn't know so Chrissy was the second best bet. "Chrissy? Do you know who the nearest Circle member is? I would like to discuss something with them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Chrissy nods "Yes. But they're just as bad as the guards. If you want Any justice, you must pay for it." she says.

The young Mystic stands, brushing off her skirt "Well, we might as well get this over with." she says as she heads towards the door "There's a good chance that you might be in a worse mood when you leave, than when you entered." she points out.

Rosa shakes her head "Please leave that up to me. Once there, I shall handle the local Circle members, if they decide to get rowdy." she says with a pleasant smile. Elite Guards were above local law enforcement, so there wasn't Really much the Circle members could do, should they decide to do anything against them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:35 pm

"I'll manage. Its not the first nor last time I had to deal with corrupt government officals.." For Espen politics were apart of life and he didn't mind that fact but he had to admit other parts weren't as pleasant but needed.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Chrissy nods "Okay. Let's go." she says as she starts out, followed by Rosa.

The maid hangs back for Espen "If I may ask, would it help if I knew of any plans you have?" she asks in a low tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Espen thought about it. "I'll probably need you around when I talk to them. I just want to talk to them and see what the options are."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Rosa nods as Chrissy leads them out "If you don't mind me asking, options for what, exactly?" she asks. She had a Slight idea on what Espen was going to look into, but she wanted to be sure, because she didn't think even he was sure about what he was looking into.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:34 pm

"I simply would like to discuss more of employment contracts, and if there are ways to get out of them."
That would be the Only legal reason people would still be after Chrissy that made any sense, if not it was just illegal which made things easier. Problem was, he didn't quite know for sure since Barioth had told them it was a senssitive subject to them, so she wouldn't apperciate himself and Rosa knowing which made more direct questions difficult.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Rosa wasn't entirely sure that was the area Espen needed to be worrying about. But she didn't say anything. After all, this was his field and he was Very good at what he did. Still, once they got to the Circle building, she would send a call out for some help, hopefully they won't need it, but better safe than sorry.

It took them a bit to get to the Circle building. It looked as run down as much of Empire City. Time and constant hits from the Outcasts hadn't done the city and favors. The guard stops them and Rosa steps forward. This was where she would be needed. After some silent exchanges, the guard steps aside.

Chrissy didn't want to head on in. There was something about this building that she didn't like. But, she guessed it would be okay, as long as Rosa was with her. She had heard stories about Elite Guards, hell, Everyone had. The former Arch Bishop had made sure of that, and she would be at ease as long as one was on their side.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:32 am

This was a bit out of Barioth's depth, but if there was any chance at all he could help he was going to take it.

For his part, Espen was mentally going over his options but if employment laws weren't the way to go, perhaps family laws were but he wasn't really sure that would help either. One of the only ways he could see that coming to play is if by their people's standards Chrissy was still considered a minor. "Something been on my mind but before reaching their one thousand birthday, is a Mystic still considered a minor and not a full adult?"

He doubted it, since he heard they reached majority by fifteen but he could of been remembering that wrong.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 am

Rosa thinks. It was a bit hard to explain to a non Mystic about the Day of Ascension "The Day of Ascension is a celebration of a young Mystic being able to gain a title and position in the Circle or a branch of the government or military." she explains "It's different from their Coming of Age celebration, which is the celebration of them becoming an adult." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Espen thought that made sense the two were different. "I see. That makes more sense then the two are different."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:55 am

Rosa nods "Indeed and unlike most known races, Mystics aren't considered adults just because they reach a certain age." she continues "We must first pass a test that Proves we can take care of ourselves as responsible adults, otherwise what would be the point of reaching adulthood, right?" she asks.

"It Can be frustrating at times when your child is over a few hundred, or even a thousand, years old and isn't an adult. Though, that's for each parent to work out." she says with a shrug "But we can't have people who aren't mentally mature making adult decisions, after all..." she mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:32 pm

It was a bit unusual, but nothing Espen hadn't encountered once before. There were some races that had trials before you reached adult hood, and some races that reached physical and mental maturity faster then humans.

"An thousand years is a long time though, has there ever been extreme cases like that? Or rather are they a bit more common here?"
Barioth asked.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am

Rosa nods "Oh yes. It's just a matter of how the child is raised. If they are pampered, than chances are good that they'll be lazy and want everything handed to them." she says "In an instance like that, it's best if the child Not be counted as an adult. Which is why they wouldn't be, if they don't pass the test." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 am

Espen thought in some sense it may be counter productive since with some parents may not ever get them that chance. However, it was working for them and if it wasn't broke, don't fix it he supposed. "I see. Its an interesting way of doing things, I can't say its the first time I heard of something similar."

Chrissy seemed rather young, fourteen to fifteen going by looks but whether she was the actual age and not actually as old or older then he was another question entirely. That really applied to most Mystics; he had yet to even run into a Mystic that for example literally was an teen in both Mystic and human years.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:03 pm

As of right now, Espen could officially say that he Had met a young, even by Human standards, Mystic. As Chrissy was about eleven or thirteen.

Once they get to the Circle chambers, there was one Circle member in it. It was quite small, when compared to the one in Capitol City "Ah! Welcome, welcome!" he says, sounding like a weasel.

Rosa nods her appreciation "Thank you for seeing us on such short notice. We wouldn't have bothered the Circle if it wasn't important." she says.

The Circle member shakes his head "Nonsense! Any friend of the Arch Bishop, is a friend of the Circle." he says "Now how may I help you?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:06 am

Espen decided to get this over with, he didn't give off a good vibe first impression and what Chrissy said didn't inspire confidence. He was going with his gut on this one. "I know someone who formally worked at a brothel but doesn't wish to be there anymore and left. I haven't found anything on the books, but is there legal precedent of said owner of the 'business' trying to force them back?" He hadn't found anything definite or not so far.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:04 am

The Circle member thinks for a bit "You know, I think there Is something I can do to help with your troubles." he says, sounding even more like a weasel "And all I ask in return, is that you put in a good word with the Arch Bishop." he says with a grin.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:25 pm

Espen noted he had dodged the first question, he stored that away for later. He didn't really trust them on a gut level, so he was in skeptical lawyer mode at the moment. "Depends. I'll listen though."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 am

Weasel was still smiling "Normally, should a confrontation such as this arise, the wronged party would have to confront their accuser directly, but any friend of the Arch Bishop, is a friend of mine. All you need do, is mention that Billington of the Empire City Circle helped you out of a situation and we'll be even." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:30 pm

It did sound good, but Espen didn't entirely trust them. "That sounds fair, though may I get things into writing? Its nothing personal but with matters like this, its still business related." Which was true, but also it was an safe just in case.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Billington waves a hand "Nonsense, my friend." he says "This isn't business, so much as one friend doing another a favor. You scratch my back and I scratch yours, as the Humans say." he says, holding out a hand "Right?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:34 pm

"As long as my young friend Chrissy is not bothered or coerced from this moment forward and you keep your word, we have an deal."
Espen did indeed, shake the man's hand. He may have been corrupted and such, but with dealing with people like this you had to just appeal to their self interest.

He pulled out a card and gave it to them. "This is the brothel and person in charge in question." It was just something he wrote down quickly.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Billington looks over the card and what was on it and nods "I shall have this matter taken care of." he says "Your friend Chrissy won't have to worry about these people from this point forward." he assures.

"I've sent some guards to speak with the owner and resolve things." he says.

Rosa nods, confirming what he said "Just don't forget to mention me to the Arch Bishop." he says, smiling his rat-toothed smile "And how I helped you, simply because it was the right thing to do."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 am

Espen didn't completely trust them still, he didn't think he was dumb enough to not hold his end of the deal considering his connections and everything else. No..what worried him slightly is what the man planned to do exactly far as the brothel. He couldn't shake the feeling off. Maybe he'd check in on that later.

"Then, we have a deal. Thank you for your time." Espen said.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next