Back Home(m)

2 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Back Home(m) - Page 2 Empty Re: Back Home(m)

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:46 am

It was at that moment Devin was thinking more what with Sherry, he hadn't interacted with kids as much and the ones he did were on the more mild mannered. Though to be fair they had been on the streets. He wondered if it be like if he had a daughter himself one day and dealing with the teen years when there little girl wasn't so innonenct anymore.

He ignored the slut comment and such, but if he was honest he was interested in Cedrick and wanted to fill her up multiple times. The later was partially due to being very attractive and the last part he hadn't gotten laid since months ago with Ava.

"If you're around us, you'll see stranger stuff. Pretty tame compared to people coming back to life with tech."
Devin paused a bit. "You ever work on a computer before?" Didn't matter if they didn't, they find stuff for them to do probably something more mundane, he was just checking in for what he could potentially use.

"You believe them working for Mort?" Ava asked as she was typing things in the background.

"Yeah, if nothing else its something we can verify. The car she's in adds to the credbility since they're the ones dealing with exotic tech and aliens." Devin replied, he didn't think Kitt was from around these parts.

He turned to Tracy who had been silent. "I noticed you've been undestandbaly uncomfortable, so if you want you don't have to be around for this part of the case. Yeah I always say feelings should be moved aside for things like this but this isn't exactly a normal case."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Sherry looks at Devin like he grew three heads "I feel lime that's a trick question. I mean, who Doesn't know how to use a computer in this day and age?" she asks.

Tracy looks over to Cedrick, then back to Devin "Can, I speak to you in private?" she asks, then she heads to the back room.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Devin shrugged and went to go follow Tracy while Ava held the fort down while Cedrick went to get her data. He had a idea of what it might be, but he could be wrong.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:16 pm

After Devin wanders in, she looks around, still uncomfortable in small, dark places "I've never told anyone this, but sometime last year, something, unnatural, happened to me and my friends from my old college..." she starts, looking plenty nervous.

"We were the targets of a super natural being, one that could, apparently, completely erase a person's existence when it kills it's victims..." she continues.

"I was attacked by this creature, after it killed my friends, but it was stopped by a, uh, friend..." she mumbles, avoiding all eye contact "I hadn't thought about that day for over a year... until today, when I seen the very monster who attacked me and killed my friends..." she finally looks at Devin "It was that monster we met in the ally this morning." she states with absolute certainty.

"N-now that it knows I'm here... what if it decides to come after me again?" she asks, fesr creeping into her voice.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:51 pm

Devin frowned a bit at this when Tracy finished, he was going to give him the best advice he could give. "I'm gonna give you some advice I was given by someone else, the less you think about them or talk about them the better. They rather be kept secret and as long as you aren't sticking your nose to find out more, they'll generally leave you alone. The fact you're still alive proves that, because if they wanted you dead they would have waited for your friend to leave. Unfortunately your friends probably saw too much but when they thought you weren't a threat of telling anyone they left it alone. But I'll keep a eye out the best I can just in case."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:25 am

Tracy shakes her head "No..." she says in a low tone "My friends, were normal college students." she says as she turns "I... have to call someone..." she mumbles as she heads out of the storage room.

Cedrick was waiting at Devin's desk. But doesn't say anything as Tracy wanders past "I have the file. It is not much, for we do not know much about these people or person." she says as she sets the file on his deck.

Inside were a number of threatening letters, targeting him, his family, and friends "Though I do not presume to tell you how to do your job, I would suggest asking some Jinn. They have been sowing discontent amongst the Inhumans and with Calvine, basically, saving the world from an alien invasion, it had brought people closer together, which is counterproductive to their agenda." she points out!"

Danny suddenly kicks the door open "HAH! Boom, baby!" he says. This give Tracy a start (WAHH!), as things nowadays were known to do.

He takes his seat, leaning back and putting his feet up, hands behind his head. The ultimate 'relaxed' pose "I got us a publicist and an ad in a few papers. We'll stand out Now." he says, sounding pleased with himself.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:19 am

Ava merely looked up a bit from her typing away when Danny came in for his announcement which was more or less good news. They probably should of done it a long time ago come to think of it, it just hadn't been the easiest thing. "Welcome back. That's really good news, it should help a lot." And if they did this job well with Paragon Corps combined with that, it be much better not that it needed to be said.

Devin was quitely thinking as Cedrick told him what was going on. "That seems like a good place to start, I know of some Jinn but they aren't really in the loop. Do you know if any other nonhuman factions have been causing ruckus about this in particular?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:33 am

Cedrick slowly shakes her head "None that I can think of." she says as she slides a card, face down, towards Devin "Order something from the back." she says in a low tone. This gets Danny's attentions, who had been ignoring Cedrick.

The demi goddess pulls out a check book "How does a hundred thousand dollar retainer sound, to start?" she asks.

Tracy wanders outside, pulling out her phone. She scrolls through her contacts. At the bottom of her list, was Dysis. Things hadn't ended very well between them and for a moment, she had dared to dream that they would be boyfriend and girlfriend, but it was silly to think that anyone could like a girl like her. She puts her phone away.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:09 am

Devin took the card, looking at it before placing it away as he'd call them soon enough after this was over. The offer Cedrick gave was more then generous for the start which confirmed his decision this would be a good start for the company. Getting to know Cedrick was just a bonus. Some may of disapproved considering their past but having a open mind had served him well in the past, and he wasn't suddenly going to change for people.

"I think that's more then fair. We have a deal." Devin was pleased so far,

While things hadn't ended the first time the best, Dysis really didn't have any hard feelings towards them and did his best to patch things up even if things weren't completely the same. If she checked her recent messages, one was from Dysis just asking how her day had went.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:52 am

The card she gave Devin didn't have a number on it, only a Tokyo address on it.

Cedrick fills the check out "Excellent." she says, her words didn't match her expression.

She fills out the check and hands it over, along with another card "That has both of my numbers on it. Incase you need to contact me about something." she says as she stands "And it goes without saying, that I do not wish for Calvine to find out about this."

She nods to Devin and Ava "Good day to you all and happy hunting." she says as she walks out.

"Whoa! A Hundred grand Just to do some snooping around?" Sherry asks "That slut must be Loaded!" she folds her arms and looks away in disapproval "It must come from all those would-be suitors." she grumbles.

Danny looks over "Who's the brat?" he asks, already not liking her attitude.

Tracy walks back in after Cedrick leaves "Since I have the day off from school, I'm going to head back to my apartment..." she says, feeling down "If you need me for anything, feel free to text me." she mumbles as she heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:19 pm

Devin sighed a bit. "..It's something that kinda sprung up on me that I got caught in the middle of but her name is Sherry. Cedrick caught the girl here Sherry pick pocketing. So she decided to take them to the Eternal of what to do with them as it was their alley when I stumbled on them. They weren't there and instead they had the Death Knight which is a friend of there's. They offered them a choice of going with them or Cedrick. Tracy offered a third of being around me to keep them on the straight and narrow..and here we are."

Ava wasn't exactly sure how they were suppose to accommodate them exactly, though she guessed she was old enough to be left on her own to an extent. It was just a matter of where they trusted them in which area. As an ex cop she had seen more then her fair share of troubled kids and each case was different.

"What did the card say?"

Devin shook his head. "Just an address...all the way in Tokyo. We might be taking a trip to there for this case." He glanced at Sherry. "You don't have to like Cedrick with her past, but you don't have to call em a slut all the time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:59 pm

Danny gets up "I'll go to Japan." he says "I have a feeling that the person on the card is an acquaintance of mine." he says as he walks on over to Devin "I can leave tonight and be there in about a day or so."

Sherry shakes her head "I call her a slut, because that's what she is. I don't care that she's a serial killer. However, I'll try to reframe from calling that slut a 'slut'." she says, graciously "I have other, Stronger, names I can call her." she says, puffing up her small check with pride.

Cedrick wanders into her apartment after her meeting with Devin. With the money she was making a month, she got herself a decent apartment room.

She had no pets, no boyfriend, not since she let Ness go, and no roommates. She was alone.

Which was fine by her. She kicks off her shoes and takes her coat off, tossing her keys and wallet on the end table.

She wanders to her bathroom, turns the water on, and begins to strip her clothes off.

She lets her skirt drop to the ground, then she unbuttons her blouse, letting That drop to the ground as well. She unclips her bra and lets it fall off, with a sigh of relief. It was so constictive.

She pulls down her shorts, then slides her panty hose off and finally pulls her plain, white, panties off. She would pick up her mess later, maybe.

She looks at her naked form in the mirror. She thinks she looks alright. Beauty was never her thing. She knew she has a big rack, from what she overheard, and some Really nice legs.

To Cedrick, her legs were one of her more attractive features. But nestled just above her round, soft breasts, was her dull glowing, red gem. It was the same for each wrist. Another conversation topic at work.

She sighs and gets into the shower and lets the water run all over her body. She's had a long day.

She had planned on getting something to eat, Maybe go see a movie or something. Or maybe she would stay in and order room service, she hadn't decided yet.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Devin thought about it then nodded. "That be a good idea. If find out anything then hit us back while me and Ava look for things here." He needed to go looking for Jinn, maybe ask Larry if they knew anything on the underbelly which means he'd be leaving the office again to for his search.

It meant poor Ava being alone with Sherry, he felt kind of bad in a sense she did so much in the background never complaining but was kinda left almost like a third wheel. Still he'd make it up to them in some way. He needed to focus on the case and not on Cedrick.

"I'm gonna be heading out to begin my own digging. Could you let me know if something props up?" Devin asked Ava who nodded but seemed something was on their mind, though he left it alone for now as maybe something more in private then out with Sherry.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Danny nods "Right. I'll head out tonight." he says as he gathers his stuff and heads out.

Sherry looks over to Ava "Why does that guy have pointy ears? Did he get them caught in an automatic rice picker or something?" she asks.

Cedrick had finished her shower and was dry in almost no time, thanks to her nature. Still, she didn't feel like going anywhere at the moment, so she just throws on a shirt and orders Chinese take out. Nothing seemed to interest her, not since Ness had left.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Ava was more patient with the child more then the other two, for whatever reason She frowned at what she said. "It's because he was born that way you don't have to insult my friend like that. It wouldn't kill you to be left abrasive to people. You can catch more flies with honey and all that. Even if you don't mean it all the time, you'd be surprise at the results you get." She pointed out.

"So, no got nothing sorry to tell ya."

"No. Don't worry about it. Thanks anyway."
Devin hung up his cell phone and sighed mentally, so that angle was kind of a bust for the moment far as finding a bit more things to look at.

So, it seemed Jinn were the Main thing to look for but he also needed to be careful. Devin was pretty strong in his own right still one couldn't be too cautious.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:57 pm

Sherry frowns "You're under the impression that I Want to be here." she says "Give me One good reason why I should stay here, with a bunch of strangers, and not walk out that door right now?" she asks.

As Devin was wandering around, looking for clues. An old, homeless man, who looked to have seen better days "Excuse me, young man, could you spare a dollar? I'll give you some useful information." he offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:17 pm

Ava stopped typing as she focused on the other woman. "To be honest? You're free to go, since even if I did stop you, you would leave eventually as I can't watch you every moment of the week. But as for staying a few things: food, shelter, a way to earn a bit of side income.." She said counting her fingers. "You're too young to work a 'real' job you could still earn money. It's a risk because we're strangers, but its also a big risk being out there. So in the end, you have to make a risk and reward assement and make up your mind but it will be your choice. I Want to help you but I won't hold you hostage."

Devin glanced at the homeless person, he humored them with a dollar not because he thought he thought they'd actually know anything but that he seemed like he needed it. "If you know anything about something called Jinn, then sure otherwise don't think you can help much."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Sherry pauses "I'm leaving. If I come back, that means I'll stay on as your toadie. If not, well, you can figure that out." she says as she walks out.

The old man takes the dollar "Bless your kindness. Now for that information I promised." he opens his eyes, which were a startling emerald color "You have a long, hard road in your future. But at the end of the road is fortune and glory..." he says in an ominous tone.

He suddenly looks as if his mind went blank "Uhhh..." he mumbles, before reaching into his jacket and pulling out a crimpled piece of paper "Oh! And your lucky numbers are 2, 10, 25, and 58." he says with a tired smile.

"They also know that Darkside hired you to expose them, and they aren't happy with either of you."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Ava was dissaointed but true to her word, she didn't try to force them. She knew Sherry aggervated Devin and Danny and they wouldn't care either way if they stayed or not. True the girl was very rude and abrasive but she had seen too many kids become nothing more then a number in the machine from her old job. If she could do something to prevent it, she would. That said as the earth saying went you could lead a horse to water but couldn't make them drink.

So that out of her hands for now, she focused on the 'exciting' bits of paper work and computer work like normal.

__

Devin hadn't expected anything honestly, just his minor good deed for the day and be on his way. The words that came from the homeless person made him more then a bit cautious. They knew far too much, he even kept in mind the numbers. "..Okay. How did you know all this? You know way too much just to be a random person I ran into."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:09 am

The homeless man holds up his hands "Easy now, young fella. You gave me money for information, I gave you some." he says as he back away "Most people just get a laugh out of my routine and go about their business." he says holding up the piece of paper "I just read what's given to me here.". On the paper, was exactly what he had just said.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:30 am

Devin left it alone for now, "..All right thank you for your time.." He didn't bother the homeless man anymore but this wasn't making any damned sense. How did a paper have this information of something that happened at most a hour or so ago?

Something was off and someone was keeping tabs on Cedrick for this to make any sense. Either way supposedly he may found what he was looking for in the other part of town; issue was the people he was looking for couldn't really be told apart much from normal humans.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:03 pm

"Calm your mind. Even a blind person can see how fast it's racing right now." says a Well Dressed young man who also had emerald green eyes "It wasn't the Jinn who are pulling the strings. They are just the hired muscle." he says as he holds out a card to Devin "They are on their way right now." he says in ominous tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:35 pm

Devn was calm, and he was usually decent at covering his emotions but it was true he was thinking quickly as too many things were setting up things in his mind. This was yet another man with notable green eyes.

Then it clicked..they were likely one of 'those'. And that old man had to be connected.

It was a bit confusing because he wondered, if his gut was right Why they would care but there could be any number of reasons he took the card. "..Darkside and her boss sure know how to piss all the right people off." He mumbled, shaking his head. "So do you got a name or you going to play the mystery role and leave me hanging?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:53 pm

The card was from a hotel and on the back was a room number. and the young man raises a brow slightly "Call me Han." he says "Those pulling the strings in the shadows, don't want a united Earth. It makes their plans that much harder to complete." he points out "You had better hurry. They're almost there."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:59 pm

He wasn't sure if he should trust it, though he suspected if they were a enemy he and his buddy pulling off the homeless act would have attacked them. And if worse came to worse which he doubted, double team him if nesscary.

So he did what he always did in these situations and trusted his gut as he took off towards the address, he could get there pretty fast knowing the place as he did and being what he was; he just wasn't sure who or what was at the end.

..Probably should of asked, honestly but that was done now.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next