The More Things Change

2 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The More Things Change - Page 20 Empty Re: The More Things Change

Post by Namey Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:45 pm

Ness nods "Yeah, Cedrick got a message from Babette about something 'Interesting' is what she said, so since Babette hangs around here, this is why we're here." he explains.

"Also, if Amanda summoned it and didn't turn control of it over to you, I don't think you Can send it away." he says with a shrug "I don't need to be a psychic to tell something's on your mind. What's up?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:14 am

Adell shook his head. "Amanda got upset at me again, she feels I got summoning done too easily so it peeved her I got it in the first day. I was surprised and asked if that was true, that irked her and she left."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:38 am

Ness nods "I can understand that. Summoning, after all, is a complex skill to learn. Opening a portal to a different plain of existence is never easy, no matter who you are." he says.

"After all, it took me a few years to get the hang of my PK Vortex. But than, I'm opening a vortex to a completely different time and space." he explains with a shrug.

He then sighs "Still, though, it should normally take more then a day to get use to summoning a creature the way these ladies do. Which probably took them months or years to get a hang of..." he points out "So can you really blame Amanda for being pissed?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:51 am

Adell could see it. Kind of. "Maybe, but I don't have any control how slow or fast I learn something. If I was a teacher and someone picked up something faster, I'd be happy. But that's just me. It might be something else though if it normally takes that long just to summon basic things."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:26 am

Ness had a pretty good idea what it was, but kept it to himself as he nods "As would I. But you have to remember, Amanda is a Very proud young woman and she's proud of her strength, which is greater than yours at the moment, and it seems she wants to keep it like that." he suggests. 

"Her family Does seem like the type who like to be in charge." he points out "And maybe you amazingly getting ahold of summoning as quickly as you did isn't something she can control and she doesn't like that... Well, it's clear she doesn't like it." he mumbles the last part.

He looks over to Adell "So the question now is, what do you plan on doing about it and what do you plan on doing about that hell hound in your backyard?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:33 am

Adell shook his head "Right now, Cedrick is talking to them but after that we obviously need to talk. I don't fancy myself some type of prodigy but if I learn fast enough or I start getting stronger then her, it might cause issues if this is a sign. So try to work something out like adults, and if not we'll cross that bridge when it happens."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Ness thinks for a bit "Let me tell you of the story of the two Saiyans..." he starts "There was one Saiyan who was gifted in all a Saiyan as good at, fighting. Then he comes across an entitled royal Saiyan and the two fight." he says.

"After a fierce battle, the gifted Saiyan triumphed over the royal Saiyan, but this just pushed the royal Saiyan to train even harder and become stronger, but little did he know, the gifted Saiyan was training too and soon surpassed the royal one, once again..." he explains.

"This little song and dance would go on for the rest of both Saiyan's lives." he finishes "Guess which one of those you are in this story." he says. Ness was a little irritated that Adell ignored his question, but if that was the most that happened to him today, he'd take it.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:04 pm

"We'll, that's not exactly helpful in my case.."
Adell mumbled, shaking his head. "So, would it be possible to take over Amanda's Summon? Otherwise I have nothing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:47 am

Ness thinks for a bit, then shakes his head "I wouldn't think so. Amanda has Three of those gems and is more experienced in summoning..." he says, thinking again "But... I really don't know much about how those gems or the power behind it works." he says with a shrug. He starts rubbing his stomach and wincing. As if he was getting a stomach ache.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 am

"I guess I could at least try. I got nothing else." He could ask for Regina's help but he wanted to at least try to do it on his own Adell then noticed Ness rubbing his stomach. "You all right? Hope you're not getting sick."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Ness was about to say that he wouldn't recommend going anywhere Near that beast, but stopped himself "My stomach's been acting up recently, as if trying to tell me that something's going to happen. Something big..." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:54 pm

This got a frown from Adell thinking. "Sometimes its nothing but coincidence, but other times its best to listen to your gut. If its bothering you enough then I wouldn't completely count it out. Only thing is, it doesn't tell you more then that."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Ness nods "No, it doesn't. But I can find out, easily enough..." he says, placing his four fingers to his forehead. It was about half a minuet and Ness frowns "That doesn't seem right..." he mumbles, but was still concentrating on whatever "Ah hell... It's changed..." he mumbles again.

"That's why my gut wasn't feeling too well." he says as he pulls out his phone "Something changes history for the world." he says as he punches in Calvine direct number.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:50 pm

It took a moment, but Calvine picked it up. "Hey man. This a social call or is something going on?" He wouldn't mind the former, but in experience the later happened often enough.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Ness wasn't exactly sure how to explain what he saw, and it was probably better to explain in person "It's a business call." he says "I have a feeling that something big might be happening and soon. I would feel much better if you and your family were close by, just incase." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:49 pm

There was a slight pause, then Calvine answered. "We'll, all right if its that important I'll make a stop by there. I'll be at my place I stay at while I'm over there."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Ness nods to himself "Thanks man. Make it quick, though. I'm not sure when or if it'll happen, but I think it might be soon." he says "See ya then." he hands up.

He pulls a small combadge out of his pocket and taps it, it makes a chipping type sound "This is Tumbler. What's up, boss?" asks one of the Autobots on the other side.

"It's Ness. Would you guys turn on the tachyon barrier? Divert all power to it if you have to and keep it on until I give the all clear." he says "How's Kitt? Any change in his condition?" he asks after a pause.

There was another pause on the other side "Kitt's doing better. He's awake and moving around, but slightly. He still can't transform yet, but those nanites he's got in him are stout workers. I think he'll be back to himself in no time." Tumbler says "Boss, are we expecting a time wave?" he asks.

Ness pauses again "I don't know. I think so, but it's better to be safe than sorry in this instance." he says in a low tone "I'll check in twelve hours from now, either way." he says, tapping the combadge again.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Out of respect for privacy, Adell had moved away while Ness did his thing, only moving a bit closer once the phone conversation seemed to be done. "Everything okay man?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:11 pm

Ness thinks for a bit, then shakes his head "I don't really know. I don't think so. Keep your family close by and if I say, bring them to the park that's close by." he says as he starts towards the back yard "We might not have time for this petty nonsense of Amanda's..." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Adell wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but just in case. "..I'll let my mom know then just in case. Be right back." He left to go inside to find his mother in the kitchen that hadn't noticed him come in which wasn't like her so it meant something was on her mind.

"Ness mentioned something might be going down and wanted to give a heads up. We might need to leave, but not sure yet. You all right?" Adell asked them.

"I'm fine, and I'll get Yulina if need be." Samantha finished putting the plates away. "..And why is one of Amanda's or Cedrick's dogs outside?"

"Eh..Amanda got upset at me and left it. I'll get to it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Ness walks out  back and the Cerberus moves to attack! Ness just moves a downward motion with his hand, which causes the hellhound to collapse to the ground, as if being pinned down. There was a slight, neon green tint surrounding it .

"Amanda! Get rid of this thing or I will!" he calls out to the upset young woman "We have more pressing matters at hand" he says.

Cedrick walks over to the pinned hound and places a hand on it. Her gem glows brightly for a second,as she takes control of it from Amanda , then it disappears in a swirl of flames. 

Amanda blinks in surprise "Hey, how did you do that?" she asks, indignant "You're only suppose to be able to do that if you touch my gems." she points out.

Cedrick looks over to her "It is as I had been trying to tell you. Summoning it a skill, a talent, and a science. I am much more skilled in summoning than you, and while you have the science of summoning down, Adell has the talent for it." she points out.

She looks over to Ness "Is something the matter?You made it sound as if the end of the world was at hand." she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Adell had went to help Yulina briefly with something, though he'd be out shortly in the mean time Samantha went to see what was going on herself. "Adell has been telling me there may some sort of emergency. Is that true?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Ness looks over to the attractive woman "Honestly? I'm not really sure. All my instincts say 'Yes' and after a few centuries, I've learned to trust them. So I'm getting my friends together just incase I'm right." he says.

Cedrick was in fazed by this "Do you now of the nature of this impending disturbance?" she asks.

Ness shakes his head "I can't say for certain, but I think it has something to do with the nature of time" he says.

Cedrick nods slowly "The one thing that you have a high resistance to." she mumbles "Do you tink someone is trying to alter time in some way?" she asks.

Ness thinks for a bit "No. Not trying to. I think they did, it just hasn't caught up to use yet." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:20 pm

"That is concerning. I don't really have any experience with time related things..." Samantha didn't like not being able to do much and she was worried about how drastic time could possibly change, maybe even for the worse.

Adell and Yulina came not to long ago, the former taking note of a few things while the later was curious of what was going on. "Okay, I think that's about everyone save for Calvine and his?"

As if on cue, Ness' cell did viberate with a text Calvine had arrived at his usual spot.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Ness pulls his phone out, looks it over, types a few things, then looks over to the others " feel it's best to wait over by the park. I'll go get Anita." he says, the feeling in his gut telling them they were swiftly running out of time.

He heads out, which Cedrick decided it was best if she took charge of the group, since she had more experience with time travel "Try not to worry..." she says to Samantha "Ness knows what to do in a situation such as this.That is why he build a tachyon barrier on the space station." she assures.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next