First Sign Or False Alarm?

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

First Sign Or False Alarm? Empty First Sign Or False Alarm?

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 17, 2023 9:16 pm

It was the same as any other day in Prila with people going to and from their own personal business. It was still busy but not Nearly as much as the large and growing cities on the planet. Zyre personally liked it that way. When cities got to big, it started become far too impersonal and in some ways, unfriendly. The pay and such if you could get the right job was potentially nice, but he always felt isolated when he was over there.

His older sister had recently been promoted and she was now a leader of her own squad. She was quite excited and proud about that. On top of that she had time off so the plan was to spend time celebrating when they came into town. Little Aryanna and the rest of his family would be pretty excited to have them around, himself included. The military wasn't for him but he was happy it was working out for her, even if he did worry about them.

After getting further into the town, he eventually arrived into the mechanic shop having to swipe his card before it allowed him to enter. The owner could of upgraded to just registering your palms but said keeping it the same 'gave her character'.  Whether they actually did believe it or didn't he wasn't sure but he wasn't going to test the man.

There had also been rumours this place was haunted. He wasn't sure if he believed that but the place certainly got creepy being alone at night.

Inside there was already two people. The first was a young man that was known as Emerton that was sitting in a chair looking at their phone. Off the side was a woman that was sifting through a tool box. Their name was Kayi and the two of them had been here for a bit. All three of them had grown up together in this town so it was nice to work with them.

Emerton heard the door open and looked over to see Zyre and smiled. "Was wondering when you came by. You're in for a treat for the thing we're workin' on."

"Welcome back." Kayi greeted, putting the tools away. "Glad you're here. How have the family been doing?"

"Everyone is fine. My sister is coming down to visit so we're looking forward to that." Zyre placed his backpack away after getting a few tools out. "So what did you want to show?"

"Thought you never ask!"  Emerton perked up, being semi dramatic as Kayi slightly rolled her eyes but said nothing used to it by now. He led them further into the back where a beautiful car was there waiting for them. "She's a real beauty. No idea what hell in Gemesos name they did to mess them up internally but at least we get to look them over."

Zyre went to briefly touch the car, he really did appreciate them. "Any guesses then or did you two not start that yet?"

"My guess? The internal battery overloaded. I'm not sure how though. Either a freak incident or they did something they weren't suppose to and are lucky."
The other man pointed out. Then they got closer, pulling something that looked like a wrench.

"Let's not poke too much until we are positive." Kayi was looking it over, but paused to ask Zyre. "By the way, did get the message? A text?"

"A text..message?" Zyre looked a bit embarrassed. "Uh, sorry. I missed it.."

"That's all right." She said. "The basics of it, due a more recent shortage the miltary was requesting handy man and men to work around the local base. Small repairs and technical work. It be extra money if we went and we wouldn't be required to travel or do anything excess."

"And I told them straight to their face All three or no go then and there!" Emerton declared. The other two glanced at him.

"Ok. I didn't. But I totally would have."

"..Anyway." Kayi continued on. "It's up to you but we wouldn't be going without you."

"I'll think about it. Besides we would need to make sure things are handled here first." Zyre pointed out as he went to get some gloves.

"I hear you man. But maybe we'll hear about aliens while there. Maybe some are hot chicks with green or red skin or something." Emerton said, sounding excited.

A groan was heard from Kayi, mainly because they had this back and forth often enough. "We've been over this. Even if they did know about it, you wouldn't hear about it. Assuming alien life exist they are unlikely to look like us. So your fantasy in your head of alien women with big boobs that you can wife up is probably a no. That is also assuming they aren't hostile."

"Bah. I bet they do know." He waved it off. "Seen enough from the Jefrye Brothers. The Truth is already out there."

"That..Oh my goodness. That is a completely debunked conspiracy theory from those two. You're too smart to fall for that!"

As the two went into sibling like bicker Zyre smiled a bit as he got to work. He missed this two and this town being out and now he was back for good.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

First Sign Or False Alarm? Empty Re: First Sign Or False Alarm?

Post by Namey Thu May 18, 2023 9:17 am

Not too far from the shop, tucked between two buildings, was an old Mag-Lev Car that was all the craze a few years ago, or something like that. It looked abandoned and was just sitting there in the elements, a little rust was starting to gather on it, but other than that, it looked in good shape.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 18, 2023 12:35 pm

After more working on the car, the three went off to take a lunch break making sure the sign of 'out to lunch' was clearly visible before the three of them left. Normally at least one would be behind but it had been a painfully slow day. Aside from the beautiful looking car they had back at shop that is.

"Hey. Look at that." Emerton sudden announcement caught Kayi's and Zyre's attention as he indicated towards seemingly abandoned car. "Wonder how long its been out there? Strange place just to up and leave it though."

"Emerton, don't touch it. What if it belongs to someone?" Kiya said worriedly as she followed him down.

"Meh. Looks fine to me, you're over thinking it." Emerton wasn't concerned, it looked fine.

"It doesn't look like anything wrong with it. At least from the outside.." Zyra reported after looking it over a bit.

"In that case.." Emerton said with a grin. "I say we bring it back and fix it up. We could always flip it for money. Not like the owner is coming back Lemme check a few things." He then tried to get in and see if the inside was working or a mess before anything else, they were probably going have to tow it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 20, 2023 9:20 pm

The car wasn't locked and the canopy opens right up. It was a two seater. But the passenger sat Behind the driver, much like a fighter. There were no keys, but it looked push to start.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 21, 2023 8:26 am

Thought it least be locked.. Emerton thought before shrugging mentally as everything else seemed to check out. "I'm gonna see if this starts up so we don't have to tow it all the way back." If it had just been sitting he doubted it was going to start up, but he was going to try anyway so they could save some money. It never hurt to try something at least once.

Except for the times it did but he didn't count those.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 21, 2023 2:05 pm

It turns over, sounding like it Might start, but ultimately doesn't.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 22, 2023 8:39 am

Emerton frowned at this and got out. "No good. Something else must be wrong with it and has been sitting. We're gonna have to haul and give it a look over."

"What are you going to do with it if you fix it?" Kiya asked them.

"Flip it and sell it. Or maybe I'll keep it. Depends how she looks after." He went to dial something on his phone. The response said they would be here soon, and after they were going have to see what was wrong with it. Emerton was hoping it was minor because it would have to come out of his own pocket.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 23, 2023 8:31 am

After the three of them leave, a towing company comes and moves the car into the shop, and it was ready for them when they get back.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 23, 2023 8:52 am

As it was currently, Zyre was the one left behind to look and work on the car but they would be back. There was mild interest in it but he mainly liked working on things for the sake of it, so even if he wasn't the one to flip or keep it he just enjoyed doing it.

Judging by its state it shouldn't be too hard.
He thought to himself as he got to work.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 25, 2023 8:42 am

As Zyre was getting to work, the motor looked good. There was no reason why it wasn't starting and when he was under it checking the antigrav unit, it looked in decent shape, suddenly, and with no warning, the car started to untab, shift, change and transform from a car, into a giant Humanoid Robot! She, of course, needed to be crouched down while inside of the shop, but she was there and looking down at Zyre!

"Hello, Native. I am Shinespark."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 26, 2023 8:23 am

Zyre's first blinked, not sure what was happening until it became apparent very quickly something was wrong. It then changed from a giant humanoid robot of some kind. The young man first instinc was to just get the heck out of there, but his legs stubbornly refused to obey them this time around.

"Uh w-who, what are you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 27, 2023 10:55 am

Shinespark holds up her hands "Please, do not freak out. I am a sentient humanoid robot from the planet Cybertron. I was sent here to keep an eye on and study your people to see if they are ready for first contact with my kind." she explains "I am one of many who were sent here to watch over and report to the leaders of my people. We mean none of you any harm and are Only here to observe." she says "In an ideal situation, your kind would have never known we were here, which is why I cannot let you work on me, as you likely would have discovered that I was not a normal vehicle of this world." she tells him "Can I trust you not to tell anyone that you've seen me, not even your friends?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 27, 2023 11:58 am

Zyre did his best not to freak out, at least not any further did he already had moments ago. He still a bit nervous but he was more calm then he had been before. So he met a alien, just not the kind Emerton had been hoping to meet it seemed. Though it was a bit interesting of a planet full of robots, considering Kynloid's own history.

"Uh..ok. I'll keep quite. You can call me Zyre." Besides that, he just didn't think it smart to potentially piss off or get on the bad side of some space farring race. If someone from the stars wanted to destroy them, there be nothing they could do if they just stayed in the air. "I'm guessing we're a long way off.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 31, 2023 12:36 am

Shinespark shrugs "You and your people aren't missing much." she says "There's a Whole lot of Nothing in space. Occasionally you Might come across a comet or something. But you can take a ship and fly it in a straight line all the way to the center of the galaxy and never even come close to hitting anything." she explains "That's why most space faring races follow F.T.L. space lanes. So they know where to go in this empty galaxy." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 31, 2023 8:47 am

Still, once his nervousness went down further Zyre didn't think so at all. Sure for someone used to it like they were, it was nothing but for him it was both exciting and a bit scary this was proof there were other civilizations out there. Too bad he'd might be dead by the time they got off this rock, but at least he got to meet a alien.

"I mean, I guess? This is still blowing my mind. So, if you want I could make something up." He started. "That way you aren't sold and can kinda fade in the background again."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:52 pm

Shinespark nods "I would appreciate you not telling anyone about me, but if I wanted to fade away, I would have done so when no one was around." she explains "No, I stayed around because it would make my mission go more smoothly if a native were here to help me with my reports." she tells Zyre "So, would you like to help me understand your people better?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:05 am

Zyre was of mixed mind. On one hand, this was pretty cool meeting a alien for the first time and probably the only time he was likely going to meet one. On the other hand there was that tiny voice in the back of his head saying he should just walk away Just in case somehow led to getting over his head. But they didn't seem to be doing anything so should be fine, right?

"Uh, yeah, sure." He finally said. "Not sure how much help I'll be but I could try."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:26 am

Shinespark gets close to Zyre "Are you kidding? You're a Native! I couldn't have asked for a better source of information about this planet and it's people!" she says.

She looks at herself "Though, I think I should scan a new vehicle mode. I did not know flying vehicles weren't common on this planet. One moment..." she says as she swiftly transforms back into her Vehicle Form before she goes driving off.

About a minute (or five) later, Shinespark comes driving back in her New Vehicle Form and pulls into the garage "There. That should let me blend in a bit more. Plus, you can say that I'm your new vehicle." she tells Zyre.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:08 am

Zyre wasn't sure if he was going to get used to things far as them transforming too soon. There was one question on the young man's mind when they came back. "That could work, but I would need to explain away what happened to the other car. Just wondering, can you transform to look other things? Like one of my people?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:57 am

"Just tell them you got what you could off of it and when you went to tow it to tue junk yard, you saw This little number and exchanged it." she tells him "I don't see why they Wouldn't believe that story." she says.

She was silent for a bit "No. We cannot turn into one of your kind. Only mechanical objects of equal mass." she tells him "So I cannot turn into like, a walkman or a phone and If I were to be able to turn into one of you, I would look like aKynloid, but I would weigh a few tons." she explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:38 pm

That made sense. He wasn't sure Why he thought they could turn smaller or something like that. Changing into a much smaller form like that, if it was possible at all must have required something else. If it was possible to begin with.

"Yeah, that's fine. I could do something like that." He says, knowing his friends wouldn't think too much of it. "So, while its just us do you have a question or two then?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:20 pm

It wasn't possible. Not that Shinespark knew. "Not at this moment." she tells him "Trust me, we will have Plenty of time to talk in the future." she says as she opens the driver door for him "Hop on in. Let us get out if here." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:45 pm

"Uh, one second." Zyre typed something on his phone, mainly to his friends before getting inside. "Where are we even going?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:00 am

The door closes as the motor starts "That is the best part. I do not know." she says "Take the wheel and go wherever you want to go. You have a new vehicle, the world is now yours to joy ride around in." Shinespark says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:45 am

He honestly wasn't sure where to go, at least at first but he opted to just sorta drive around town until he got a idea. This was probably the highlight of the day without much more exciting happening. Which was More then fine with him. Zyre was fine without too much excitement, at least of the more wild kind.

As he drove out, at first he didn't say anything. Mainly because he wasn't sure where to even begin but then settled on something. "So, just wondering, besides us have you ran into other life forms before?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum