Finally Home

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Finally Home Empty Finally Home

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:05 pm

It had been some time since Andrien arrived in the colony of artificial Sayain and Alusarian's though the later were far less in number from what he had seen. He had never thought such a place would have existed anywhere and if he hadn't met Key and her sister chances are he might of never found out. That all being blind chance made him incredibly lucky things turned out the way it did.

At the moment he had just come back from training so he was slightly sore but in the good way. He didn't want to slack too far behind both because just in case to help protect the people here just in case, as well as Gina and Cotto.

There had been something on his mind since he had gotten here, and that was to see if there was some possible way his people didn't just die out and became a foot note. Curing the genetic issue was number one of course but there was also, if it was possible for them to have familes if they wanted. It be a shame for a new group with such much potential just to fade away over time before they had a chance to leave a mark. That and of course just in general, but it was out of his power.

That said outside of the things he could not change, he truly felt more at peace and at home then anywhere else he had felt; which is why he felt the stronger drive to push himself then anywhere else he had been.

He was a bit hungry and training did work up one's apetitie so heading to the bar might not be a bad idea. It was a colony full of Sayain's, of course food(and good one at that) was about evetywhere.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Finally Home Empty Re: Finally Home

Post by Namey Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:36 am

Arlic was spending a lot of time with Mindy, almost as if the young Saiyan Needed someone to latch onto. The older woman didn't seem to mind, so long as the girl stayed out of the way when things got busy. As it was, Arlic was one of the smartest in the whole colony.

Excitement was building, because Lee was suppose to be dropping by soon with their medicine as well as news about their condition. He told Mindy that he would talk to the Chozo, they had on their planet, about genetically engineering a cure of any kind.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:48 am

It was busy as usual in the bar and the food from what he could smell was enough to get him more hungry espeically after that training session he had. Mindy obviously didn't need help though that being said she couldn't be everywhere at once and if there was ever trouble he wanted do his part.

Andrien found a seat at the bar counter. "So what's special on the menu today?" He knew a lot more of the regular's now, if not by name then at least by face.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:44 am

The chief shrugs "The same as before. Our shipments haven't come in yet." he says as he serves Andrien some soup and couple of sandwiches "Enjoy." the Saiyan says, sounding in a grumpy mood.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:14 am

Andrien didn't pay the mood any mind, he knew the deal. There weren't any signs of Umpkin or Guyva's though to be fair they could just be blended into the crowd if they weren't away. Mindy was busy most of the time; but if she wasn't Arlic would be close behind. While he could ki sense he didn't like over using it too much and it felt, somewhat a bit instrustive if one wanted to be left alone.

It was gonna be interesting when Lee came over, he was going to keep expectations down but you never knew what was going to happen.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:45 am

Mindy was waiting for Lee to show up at his usual spot, Arlic was close by. Lee was brining Key with him this visit. It's been some time since Key had been here and Arlic really missed her sister.

Mindy pats Arlic "Here they come." she says as the area in front of them warps and two people step out. It was, of course, Lee and Key.

Arlic bounces over to the young woman "Sister!" she says as she jumps into Key's arms "I missed you..." she mumbles as she buries her face into Key's shoulder.

Lee looks from the two sisters, to Mindy. He holds up a case "I have the medicine as well as news from the Chozo on Vegeta." he says as he hands the case to Mindy.

The young woman nods "There are many who will be happy to hear that." she says as she pats the case "As well as this. Some, have been burning through theor medication quickly. Requiring more than one dose a day." she mumbles.

Lee nods "I need a volunteer to test out the Chozo's methods. Make sure they know that if it works, they'll come back cured. But if it doesn't, they'll come back in a box." he says in a straightforward tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:09 pm

It was around that time after finishing eating that Andrien figured it was about time to see what Mindy and Arlic were up to. Since Lee was coming and possibly Key they should be at the usual spot.

It didn't take too long to get there where a small crowd of four was hanging out, Lee didn't need a ship with his technique. It would be incredibly useful to have some form of teleportation technique; granted he only had a limited amount of places he'd use to visit at this point in time. "Welcome back you two."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:05 am

Key nods over to Andrien "It has been some time." she says as she holds her sister. The one thing that the artificial Saiyan's didn't have to worry about, was emotional distance from each other.

Lee nods to Andrien "You'll do nicely." he says "The Chozo believe they have a way to, 'fix', those who were artificially created by Cooler's team of butchers." he says "And You've just volunteered."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:12 am

Andrien was a bit caught off guard by the sudden announcement since he had just gotten there. "Ok, and is there a catch?" The last part made him think there was, at least they weren't entirely sure of its side effects. He'd still take it if it meant helping his people but he'd still like to know.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:55 pm

Lee nods "Yes. You could die." he says in a blunt tone "But the risks are low, considering the Chozo are experts of genetic engineering." he says.

Mindy frowns at this "I don't like the sound of that." she says "If there's a chance that anyone could die, we need to find a different way to help my people."

Lee looks over to Andrien "It is, of course, up to you to decide. But aside from Complete genetics resequencing." he says "And that may take years."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 am

Obviously, potentially dying didn't appeal to Andrien. On the other hand coming to grips with your mortality and trying to make the most of your limited time was something his kind was more intimately familiar with even at a young age. There wasn't any escaping the mortal coil completely, just delaying it.

He wasn't as careless about potentially just throwing his life away anymore since he wasn't in that head space anymore. It ironically made that decision a bit harder; easy to do the whole heroic bite the bullet when you didn't care if you died or not.

"I'll do it." Andrien said after some mulling over. "Someone is going to have to, and with how things are going with people needing more and more as time goes on. I don't think we're going have that kind of potential time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:35 am

Lee nods "Good. We leave at the end of the day. Use this time to get yourself ready." he says as he heads off towards the commissary and Key and Arlic head off to Key's awaiting house to spend some time together.

Mindy looks over to Andrien "Are you okay with this?" she asks "You know we can ask someone else. One of the Saiyan's, perhaps. They would gladly put their lives on the line for the good of the colony." she says. She would have volunteered, but she didn't need any treatment.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:04 am

"I am."
Andrien said. "A friend of mine always said not do ask something you're not willing to do yourself. But yeah, this is important to me so I'm willing to go through with it."

Lee said leave, so that must mean the whole process is suppose to take place in Vegeta then just a serum or something.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 am

Mindy nods slowly "If that's what you wish. I'll be waiting your return with good news that I can give to the others." she says "The hopes of everyone in this colony is resting with you." she points out "So no pressure, right?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:17 pm

Having all said that, thinking of potential doom wasn't exactly fun even if it was something he felt needed to be done. "I'll just have to make sure I don't dissapoint then. In the mean time, I'll just find some things to do to kill time. What are you going to do?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:26 pm

Mindy shakes her head "The same thing I always do. Make sure this colony has enough to not only survive on, but thrive on." she says as she nods to Andrien and starts off.

Chances are she wouldn't Always be here to protect and look after everyone and when that time came, she wanted everyone to be able to tale care of each other.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:33 am

Andrien did wonder how Gina and Cotto were doing, the former was probably still at Vegeta training since she had a goal in mind and gods knew that woman could be stubborn when she made up her mind. Chances were good knowing them she'd want to spar at least once just to make sure he was staying sharp.

He went over to Key's home and knocked, though if they just wanted alone time he'd respect it and go about his day until he had to leave.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:41 pm

"I believe they wish to spend some time together without interruptions." Lee says "Walk with me." he says, which didn't seem like a request.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:52 pm

The young did wonder what Lee wanted but mentally shrugged to follow since he'd find out soon enough. He had a lot of respect for the older man and the experience that came with it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:57 pm

Lee walks over to the commissary "There are a lot of people here that will be counting on this to work, including yourself." he says "You need to know what you're getting yourself into..." he says, holding up two fingers to the bar keeper.

"The Chozo are experts at genetic engineering and if they can't fix this problem, no one can and I told them to do whatever they need to, to fix this." he says "Even if it means someone dying for it."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:01 pm

Andrien truly hoped this would be enough to get the job done, even if he didn't know how it would work out in reality. His knowledge on genetics was dicey, at best largely because his experiences made him want to stay away from it even when he had the opporunity.

"So why exactly is this process potentially dangerous? If it fails, does it just my genetic code too unstable?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Lee nods "From what I heard, yes." he says "How they said it'll work is, they'll put you in a tank of some kind and bombard it with some kind of mixture of radiation and some solution that Should stabilize your genetic short comings." he says "Their last report said there was a 50/50 chance of survival. But that they are working on improving those odds."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:40 am

It was a double edged sword offer which was something he knew already; it was just more details of what it was doing was nice. "Guess we'll both find out pretty soon." Worse comes to worse, they should still find out information to make it safer and improve it, which was another reason he was taking a leap of faith.

This place had taken in and accepted him and he'd be a poor Alusarian artificial or not if he didn't repay that debt. Even on Alus some wouldn't accept him because of how and who created him, even if not all of them were outvert about it. That was fine. He didn't need everyone to like or accept him, as long as he had his own circle who did. It was something he learned earlier on and Gina helped.

"So are Cotto and Gina on world far as Vegeta? " They were pretty much the only people he interacted with on a name basis regularly while there, excluding present company. Gina actually was, but he didn't know that just yet.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Lee eyes Anderien "You have more important matters to concern yourself with as present, wouldn' you say?" he points out "Though, you Can always back out of this and I'll pick someone else." he offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 pm

Andrien shook his head a bit. "No, I plan on seeing it through. I imagine I'll probably be out of comission for a bit while the process works. There a estimate of how long it might take?."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next