Shaking Things Up

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Shaking Things Up Empty Shaking Things Up

Post by Namey Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:37 am

It had been some time since Kyoko and Han had 'Joined' their ranks and while Tracy was alright with Kyoko (her eyes still freaked her out), Han was still down right creepy. Business had been slow, though, it wasn't like Tracy Actually did anything at the agency, she just hung out there and did her school work. Maybe help out at times, but it's not like her skills were needed there or anything. They had Ava and Danny for computer stuff and as far as supernatural stuff went, they had Oka and Aki, plus Han, who Aki was starting to get aggressive in her advances with. As far as people from the Last Maiden went, Tracy was just, There.

The young woman was perfectly fine with that, as she really wasn't the adventuring type and as far as weirdness went, aside from the ghost/shadow thing last year, nothing out of the ordinary had happened to her and she was quite happy with that. But she knew the law of average wouldn't always swing in her favor and something was Bound to come along to shake up her calm, uneventful life, and she wasn't sure she was ready for that.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Shaking Things Up Empty Re: Shaking Things Up

Post by Namey Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Tracy was wandering back to the office, after having a Great day at school. She aced her midterms and was even thinking about signing up for a internship with either Mystic Inc or Paragon Corp. Her grades were good enough, thanks to all that studying.

She stops when she thinks she hears something, it sounded like someone crying... a young someone. If there was a kid in trouble, Tracy figured she should help out if she could. She wanders not too far into an ally and looks behind a dumpster and sees a Young Girl, no more than eight or nine, crouching behind it, crying. She looked like she had been beaten up by someone.

This kinda irked Tracy. It was one thing to pick on someone like her, she could take it, but it was another to pick on a young child. Tracy noticed that the young girl was clutching an Odd Book.

Tracy slowly walks closer "Um, hello there. Are, are you hurt, little one?" she asks in a soothing voice. If only Dysis were here, he could use his vampire powers to calm the girl down "My name's Tracy. I want to help you. Are you lost? Where are your parents?" she asks.

The little girl looks up at Tracy, with tear stained, red eyes "M-my name's... Cassia..." she says in a small voice which just melted Tracy's heart.

Tracy holds out a hand "Well, it's very nice to meet you, Cassia. Would you like to come with me? I have a friend who can help us find your family." she offers, and, very hesitantly, Cassia reaches out and takes Tracy's hand.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:58 pm

Devin came back to the office, more then a bit irked about the case went but whatever. It was how things usually went. The only thing a bit out of the ordinary was a young man coming to visit Tracy a few hours ago but he told them they were out for a bit. He'd let the kid know when they came back, assuming they didn't just text but maybe it was suppose to be a surprise.

Anyway, seeing as today couldn't get worse he'd just get through it like he always had.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:22 am

Aki and Oka come wandering in and Aki frowns slightly "This mood... it feels angry... and it is wonderful." she says as she wanders over to Devin "Would you like to talk about it?" she asks

Oka wanders over to the water cooler (because what detective office Doesn't have one) and just chills there. Now that Han has stepped out for a few days, she's been really relaxed, more so than usual.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:19 am

Aki was the only person who could get happy and excited on feeling angry emotions but he guessed anything was better then nothing when she was like that. "I'll just the client was being a idiot and it was a waste of time going over there. Anyway, how are you two?"

Eva wasn't there at the moment either, but likely doing something or another.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:58 am

Aki shrugs "School and stuff." she says "The usual high schooler story." she gets herself a soda from the minifridge that Danny keeps by his desk.

Speaking of whom, Danny opens the front door, looking like the proverbial cat who just ate the equally proverbial canary "Oh yeah!" he says as he holds up a manilla envelope "I just got us a client who said they can pay us top dollar to exorcise a rather angry spirit from their building!" he says as he sets the envelope on Devin's desk.

Oka sighs a bit. Anything that had to deal with ghosts or spirits meant her and her sister again. But than, that's what they were there for. Still, it did get a bit tiring having to feel these ghosts emotions and kick them out or send them where ever.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 pm

School wasn't something he really missed, even if schooling in Noreal wasn't entirely the same as the one on earth. Then again depending on Where it was, it wasn't completely the same either.

"It's good find Danny but.." Devin did notice Oka's sigh. "Are you feeling up to it? It does no good if you're feeling to burnt out or you won't be able to properly help. Remember, you Can take breaks."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:41 pm

Oka sighing could have been for absolutely anything and it was unnaturally uncanny that Devin accurately guessed why Oka had sighed in the first place "I'm fine..." she mumbles, but her sister knew better, as did Devin, apparently.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:09 pm

"All right if you say so.."

If Devin had absolutely nothing else going for him, it was with people and picking things up. He wasn't to the point where some people in fiction could know who it was by how they flipped a dime or something silly(that was basically magic in his mind)

Still, if that was the case he'd figure out something he usually did.

The door opened a bit after revealing a young man with silver hair, Dysis from earlier who had been looking for Tracy but had to leave instead of waiting. "Welcome back kid. You gonna stick around this time?"

"Yeah, if that's all right." Devin just motioned for the young man to have a seat on the lounge for a bit
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Since Devin himself had silver hair, this new young man wasn't anything special to look at, as far as Aki was concerned. She perferred men with dark hair, like Danny or Han.

Her sister, on the other hand, found this new young man to be more beautiful than he had the right to be and found herself turning a bit red just looking at him "Who is this?" Aki asks "A new client?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:54 pm

Devin shrugged slightly, the young man in question was reading a small pocket book as they waited. "His name is Dysis, says to be a old college friend for when Tracy was in college when she was at Japan. I'd say he can stay here to see if he can catch her, but if Tracy comes and doesn't want him around he'll have to leave." He found it strange they didn't know where they lived if he came all this way and they were suppose to be friends. So to that end, if Tracy came and wasn't happy to see them, he was going to just kick him out.

There could be multiple reasons for it, but ultimately it was up to Tracy, he was still protective of her as were a few others.

The door opened once more, revealing a somewhat nervous young woman who wasn't quite sure of something.

They're here a bit earlier then I thought.. Devin thought to himself. "Mrs Burns you're here early for your appointment but I'm not in the middle of doing anything. Would you like to discuss the details of your case right now?" He asked being in professional mode.

The woman nodded. "Yes, and I made sure to bring everything. Is it all right we talk in private?"

"Yeah of course, some client confidentiality stuff." Devin got up to head to his office. "I'll be back in a few minutes." He said as he headed to the office, knowing some of the case but not all, the other stuff he'd share with the others that would be in the case, he had a idea who best be suited but he needed to hear more then over the phone.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:17 pm

Aki had, of course, heard of Dysis and she walks over to him "Tracy is a very fragile person. Hurt her at your own peril. But know that if you do, I shall drain every ounce of energy in your body and no court can convict me for it." she says in a low tone, before heading back over to her sister.

Danny looks over from Aki to Dysis "Don't mind her. She can be a bit overly protective of people. Especially Tracy." he says "Just don't hurt our girl and Aki won't leave you a dried up husk." he chuckles a bit.

And speaking of whom, Tracy comes walking in, carrying a young who looked a bit roughed up "Hello everyone. Please excuse me, but this little girl is heavy." she says as she heads over to Ava's desk, since she wasn't here, and sets the little one down "Okay... here we are. No one will even think about hurting you now." she says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:04 am

Dysis didn't pay it any mind, not that because he thought she couldn't do anything just that there wasn't much for it besides the obvious. He really didn't know anyone here so there was that out of place feeling which was normal. "I'll keep that in mind.."

The usual sound of the door opening was heard and there was Tracy and a little girl..he didn't know who she was. Tracy did say she had a big family so maybe she was a relative? She was a few years older then his baby sister from the look of it.

He made his way over. "Long time no see Tracy. She one of your relatives?"

___

"...so its been a week. I got that right?" Devin was trying to make sure he got everything as he wrote stuff down, or rather typed to make a file. "No offense, I appreciate the business but why not the police or Hunters? We're a understaffed Hobbit hole in the wall almost no one knows about. Just being honest."

The woman, Rachael didn't answer right away but Devin was patient. "The police haven't been as helpful and with the Hunters, they have so many things to worry about that a missing person, or just possible missing person isn't as high on their to do list."

"Here. This is her. My daughter."

They slid a picture over of a blue skinned woman, she had a figure and nice...eyes. Yes, that was the family friendly term he was going to use instead. The woman looked like a Oni of some kind, but he wasn't completely sure. Either way the case was interesting. "But if you say she's a bounty hunter, its possible they just turned their stuff off? If they're tracking someone it make sense."

She shook her head. "No. I mean, its possible, but she wasn't on any jobs at the time. Last time I saw her she was visiting and then left for home."

"I'll need a list of all her friends and people she worked with, the usual. Any notable enemies? Maybe a jealous ex?" The man asked.

They shook their head again before passing a folder to them. "Most I can think of are in jail, but there are some. As for exes, she doesn't have any."

Devin continued typing before stopping. "All right. I think I have what I need to get started. I can't promise anything but I'll give it a shot, its possible your daughter is just laying low for whatever reason."

"Thank you so much for accepting the case." The woman was extremely relieved and grateful for the news.

He'd try but as he said no promises. Sometimes these were a great success, and other times they were a dumpster fire like his past relationships, or the Nick's ever getting anywhere. That was to say not to well. However, the young idealist in him hadn't completely died and he did like helping people even if little if any money was involved. Cynical and snarky bastard he could be at times at least in his head.

..Probably another reason he had money issues at times.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:49 am

Tracy barely pays Dysis any mind at the moment "Hello, Dysis. Now might not be a good time..." she huffs. Lifting anything over 50 pounds for Tracy, for any length of time, was usually asking a lot from her.

Oka was also there "Oh my. Who's this cutie?" she asks as she brings them a glass of water.

Aki, who was keeping her distance looks the young girl over "She's afraid, tired, and a little more than confused about what's happening." she says.

Tracy shakes her head "Her name's Cassia and I found her in an ally. It looks like she was attacked by someone." she explains.

Aki thinks for a bit "Maybe someone who was 'misplaced' during the invasion? We should check the missing person's files to see if any match her description." she suggests.

What a time for some of the others to be away. Danny was on a case, Kyoko was out training, Han was doing whatever it was that he did, and Chelsea was reporting to the Hunters.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:40 am

Devin came out of his office as his client left before noticing the kid with Tracy. "Who's the girl? She family of yours?" She also seemed beat up which upset him a lot.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:43 am

Tracy shakes her head "No. Her name's Cassia and she seems to have been abandoned by someone, I think." she says.

Oka comes over with a hotpocket for the girl "She's adorable. Can we keep her?" she asks.

Aki wanted to smack her sister on the back of the head, but refrained from doing so "If we can't locate her family, we should probably call social services. If nothing else, we should contact the police and let then know about this." she suggests.

Oka shakes her head "I don't think that's a good idea..." she says, almost sounding floaty, airy like "I think... it would be best if she stayed with us for now..."

Aki nods slowly "If, that's what you think is best.. " she mumbles, not liking it, but not arguing.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:50 am

Devin wasn't sure, but he'd see. "We can look into it and see if I can find out anything. She can stay with us for now is fine with me. Right now I have a missing person case to work on too."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:04 am

Tracy decided it was probably best to take the girl to her apartment and get her cleaned up "I'm gonna see about getting her to my place and getting her cleaned and patched up." she says.

Both Cassia and Oka perk up "Can I come along too?" she asks, back to her normal self.

Tracy nods, picking Cassia back up and looking over to Dysis "I'm sorry to just bail like this, after you came all this way. I didn't anticipate this." she says as the two girls start out.

Aki looks over to Dysis "What are your plans now?" she asks in a cold tone. So cold it might start to freeze whomever it was directed at.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:17 am

"Knock it off."
It came from Devin. "She has a point though."

Dysis shook his head. "I'll be around a bit longer if she's less busy to catch up with them. I'll see you later." He was beginning to wonder if coming all the way here was a good idea or not.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:36 am

It was funny how Devin thought he could tell Aki what to do. She didn't work for him, rather With him. She worked for Master Chen's school for gifted psychics and was on retainer to the Last Maiden.

She looks over to Devin "No." she says in the same cold tone, before heading out to catch Dysis "So you're one of those Nosferatu? Does that make you a vampire?" she asks "I have never met one of your kind before. Do you drink blood and are weak to garlic and sunlight?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:51 am

Dysis didn't want to talk to them espeically after they just threatened him. He more answered out of politeness. "Depends on your definition. Yes to garlic to an extent because its smell, no to sunlight. All the later does is weaken my shadow powers a bit. Yes to the blood thing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:03 am

Aki nods slowly. She, of course, could tell he didn't want anything to do with her, but if nothing, she was tenacious. Her advances on Han proved that.

"What kind of blood do you like or do you jot have a preference?" she asks "If nothingn I would think the sun would Boost your shadows, since the light makes shadows." she continues "Did you know that I'm something of a vampire myself? So we have something in common."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:30 am

He shook his head slightly before the answer. "It's like water to me, I can take it or leave it. As for the shadows, its barely notable but wouldn't be surprised if someone of my kind could do what you said. Some can do explosive kinetic force behind it, but its a very advanced skill only some can use. I'm a half breed so I'm naturally weaker."

He wasn't sure why the sudden interest with how she acted before, but he figured she was just curious of his race and that was the extent of it. The last comment didn't surprise him since it was mentioned about sucking him dry and not the good perverted way some of his friends would of thought of.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:56 am

Dysis' comment about being weaker causes Aki to pause a bit "Weaker by who's standards? Yours, another Nosferatu, or a Human?" she asks "You are as strong as you need to be right now. Never let anyone, especially yourself, say other wise." she says "After spending a little time with you, I like the energy you give off. We should hang out."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

...well, he wasn't expecting that.

Partially resigned at that point, he relented. "If that's what you want I don't mind. I'm not really doing much but getting something to eat right now. My kind still need food like a normal person."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next