Back Home(m)

2 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Back Home(m) - Page 9 Empty Re: Back Home(m)

Post by Namey Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Danny looks over some things "The usual missing persons, cheating spouse, do a background check on someone. Nothing too fantastic." he says.

They needed another high profile case that involved the supernatural, that way it'll give them some clout against the Hunters and maybe drum up better paying jobs.

Han takes a peek at Danny's computer "Here's one for a missing cat." he says.

The door to the store room was suddenly, and violently, thrown open "I'll take that one!" Oka exclaims as she grabs her sister by the wrist with some kind of ethereal hand, and marches out "Text me the info, please!" she says as the door closes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:00 am

"What was that about?" Devin mumbled to himself, before shaking his head turning to Danny. "As I have absolutely nothing else to do, I guess I'll look into the cheating spouse thing for now."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:03 pm

Danny shrugs "I'll hold down the fort." he says as he waves the others off. As soon as they all leave, Danny goes over to the mini fridge and pulls out a bottle.

"It's always Five-O-Clock somewhere, right?" Han chuckles as he goes about doing his thing.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Devin took a glance at the address of his client and decided it be a good time to meet them in person though they Could not be there thus a waste of time. So he decided to send them a text from the contact information and go from there.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Kyoko lands silently behind Devin "Everything has now been taken care of." she says "The crews are on their way and once there, I shall be returning to the office." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm

Devin wasn't used to getting sneaked up on, he Almost reacted until the voice registered and he relaxed. "All right, sounds good. I told the others you were the new hire so won't be as left field. Right now I'm on another case, but its a very minor side one."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Kyoko nods "Than I'll let you get back to it." she says "Unless you don't mind the company of a shadow clone."

Cedrick was almost done with her work in New York and was getting a report ready to send back to Calvine, when she gets a call from the Hunter in charge of her case. The people who attacked her.

Aki and Oka come back from their assignment. It was Very easy, especially with Oka's psychic arms. She stutters a bit when she walks in, before quickly walking into the back room.

Han quarks a brow, before going back to his paper. People were still going on about Calvine Mort. He's even managed to sway some of the people at the UN, specifically those on Capitol Hill. If it weren't for Calvine warning them, they wouldn't have been ready for the invasion.

Han sighs, shaking his head. It was always like that. Someone does something extraordinary, things unrelated go wrong, said person makes a difference, and is blamed for it.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Devin shrugged a bit as he kept walking. "Sure, if you want. The case is just the typical cheating spouse so I should be one and done relatively quickly with it espeically with help."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:14 pm

Kyoko was a bit surprised that Devin didn't ask what a shadow clone was. But she supposed it didn't matter "Do we know who's cheating, the husband or wife?" she asks.

Cedrick comes walking into the office and looks around "Where is Devin?" she in a blunt tone.

Aki looks over to her "He's clearly not here. If you wait for a few hours, I'm sure he'll be back." Danny says.

Han gets up "Or, we can offer you a seat, some water or coffee and give him a call." he says as he motions for Cedrick to take a seat by Devin's desk.

After Cedrick sits, Aki comes walking over to her "You're the same as me, aren't you?" she asks.

Cedrick looks over to the young woman "No. I am not. I have emotions like any other person." she says, sounding like a monotone computer.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:26 pm

"It's the wife, according to the report." Devin started as he continued. "I haven't gotten a text back if they're home or not but I was planning on talking to them in person for things like these. It could Also be a cause they aren't actually cheating but their partner thinks they are. Gotten plenty of those."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:31 pm

Devin's phone chimes, letting him know that Cedrick was at the office, waiting for him and she seemed impatient about something.

Kyoko nods "I see. I guess that's why we're here to see what's going on." she says, thinking "If you want, I can tail the husband, to see if anything's going on with him. It Could be a double standard. Cast suspicion on the wife, to throw off the scent of the husband."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Devin wandered what it was about this time, but could be about anything. "Listen I have to get going back to the office but could you hold the fort? Just let me know if anything out of the ordinary happens."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Kyoko nods. She only hoped that Kyoko didn't undo the shadow clone jutsu before Devin could get back or before she could find out anything. Though, if she Did undo the jutsu, she would know what to do.

Back at the office, Cedrick was waiting inside and Kitt was out front, like usual, his windows were up and since they were tinted, one couldn't see inside.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Devin entered the office, spotting Cedrick not that he minded but as usual it was just business. "So what's up? I got a message you wanted to talk to me about something."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Cedrick looks over to Devin as he shows up. She stands to talk to him "I had gotten a call from the Hunter who was in charge of the investigation into the people who had attacked me yesterday and since I was the one who was attacked, I was given an option." she explains.

"Kitt, you may bring her in now." she says and outside, one can see the car start to transform, much like it had done before. And the giant robot gently pushes a woman in.

"Hello everyone." she says. It was the Female Jinn who attacked Cedrick.

Cedrick didn't look too pleased by this "I was told that since I was the one she had wronged, I could chose what to do with her. I said community service and since she had also done wrong to you, I figured what better way to help pay off her debt to society, than to help you guys." she explains "So, if she will have her, she would like to help you out."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:32 pm

Devin wasn't too sure about things, though as stated earlier he was a believer in second chances if someone was genuinely making some type of effort.

After a moment, he sighed. "All right, you can stay. But like to get your name and a bit about yourself you're comfortable with sharing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:52 pm

Before the Jinn could answer "Her name is Chelsea Martin and you do not have to worry about her getting out of hand..." she nods to the young woman "Do you see that anklet on her? If she gets out of line or does something You do not agree with, you may shut down her powers and turn her into the Hunters." she explains as she pulls out a small rune and hands it over to Devin.

"I figured that you have better use of her than I would. Remember, she is still on probation with the Hunters and this is community service." she says as she waves and heads out, Kitt transforming as she exits.

Chelsea looked around, a bit awkward "Um, okay... so, first of all, I want to apologize. What I did to any of you Wasn't personal. It was just for the money, which was good." she explains, lamely.

Aki steps towards Chelsea "If such a laps in judgement were to happen again and you hurt any of my friends, I will drain you of your life energy and leave your empty husk on the ground as a warning to any others who wish to harm My people..." she says in an even, and dead sounding voice as she looks the Jinn directly in her eyes, Aki's were like, empty. No soul whatsoever in them "Understood?" she whispers before heading into the storage room with Oka.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Well, awkward.

"So," Devin started. "My name is Devin as you might of heard of already, and most of those working here are here save for two people. Besides your powers, what are some of your skills?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Chelsea shakes her head "I'll fill out a job app later. Right now I don't think it's a good idea to discuss these things around others." she says "But are we going to ignore the fact that one of your employees threatened me?" she asks.

Han waves a hand "Oh, I'm sure she was just trying to act intimidating so you wouldn't think she was weak or something." he says, trying to defuse a potential situation.

Danny, who was still reading his paper, doesn't even look up for all the drama "No she wasn't." he says "She's basically an energy vampire. Capable of draining a person's mental and physical and even their life energy, how she sees fit." he explains, not missing a beat with his paper.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:55 pm

Devin sighed a bit. "I'll talk to them about soon about it. She was just being over protective but I'll agree she over did it. We didn't meet the best but no reason to threaten."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:07 pm

Chelsea nods slowly "Okay..." she mumbles "Where's an application? I'll go and fill one of those out now." she says "Also, don't forget to sign off on any hours I put in." she reminds Devin.

"Community service, huh? For one such as you, working without getting paid must be pretty hard for you." Danny says "You gonna be okay?" he asks.

Chelsea nods with a sigh "Yeah. I just think of it as not getting paid in Money, but in hours and every hour paid, is an hour closer to freedom."

Someone comes walking into the office. It was Kyoko. "Hey boss. I got the information you requested." she pulls out her note pad and flips through it, as well as her phone and pulls up some pictures on it.

As it turned out, both the husband and wife were cheating on each other. However, Kyoko circled the stuff on the husband and wrote 'Ignore' on it, since it wasn't their job to investigate the husband, only the wife.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:26 pm

Devin looked them over, nodding. "That was timely, good job. With this I think we safely call it a dunk. You did the leg work, so it should be you who gets the cut and credit for it. In the mean time, i'd like to introduce to some of your other co-workers. Everyone this is Kyoko, one of our new recruits."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Kyoko seemed to have caught the attention of Han, for some reason "Well, well. Hello there." he says, pouring on the charm "I'm Han. A noobie myself. It's a pleasure to meet you, Kyoko san." he says.

Danny looks up from his paper, raises a brow, then goes back to reading. Chelsea looks over to the ninja "Whoa. You look ripped for a woman." she says. Compared to her, Kyoko had an athletic build, but still looked feminine.

"Um, thank you?" she says "It's very good to be working with all of you..." she bows "Please take care of me!" she says with a smile, then disappears in a POOF! of smoke!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:38 pm

"..I have no idea what that was. Said something about a Shadow Clone so maybe that was it?" Devin didn't have That in depth knowledge of chakra ninja. His attention went back to Chelsea. "Anyway, you're welcome to hang around here for a bit in the mean time. As the jobs are slow its going to be, well slow. Most we gotten are very small gigs."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Chelsea nods "That's fine, as long as I get my hours signed off on." she says as she continues to fill out the app.

Danny Did look up from his paper when Kyoko disappeared "Shadow clone, huh? Smart move." he says as he goes back to his paper.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next