Work And Play

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Work And Play

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:12 am

"It can be depending on the case."
Devin agreed. "That's why all three of us can take care of ourselves in various ways, Danny and Ava included. That fellow that came into here earlier? I used to be in that profession, though I didn't really deal much with spirits but a lot of unusual stuff. I'm actually thinking of hiring one more person to even things out but we'll see."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:40 am

Tracy nods slowly "What, uh, sort of person would you hire?" she asks "Am I right to assume it's someone who can, um, deal, with ghosts?" she asks "Oh, uh, while on the subject, you mught want to see about, um, hiring, you know, some kind of, uh, tech person, or something." she suggests.
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:04 pm

"To the first? Yeah, its one of my priorties. I'll see what I can see. More specifically spirit beings in general, dealing with normal human spirits is one thing, dealing with stuff like the thing that was following you is another."
Devin wasn't as hungry as he normally would be but he liked his fries. "On the last part, its not a bad idea. Ava and Danny are tech savvy to varying degree but having someone dedicated to it might not hurt."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Tracy would have suggested herself for the part of a full time engineer, but she was still in college and that guy with the pointy ears, Danny, he seemed to know more than she did. She was fine with that.

"Um, there's a school in Tokyo Japan, that has a bunch of psychics. You could give them a call and see, you know, if they can help." she suggests.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 am

Devin thought about it. "Hm. That isn't a bad idea. I guess I could give them a call to see if any graduates would be interested in a full time job." He kind of doubted he could get anyone all the way from Japan, but there was bound to possibly be former students closer nearby, maybe even some here.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:39 am

Tracy nods slowly "Yeah... As for technical students, I'm sorry to say, I don't really know of any, at least, not any who would be egarto sign up with a detective agency." she says as she finises her meal. She woul request a doggy bag for Devin.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 am

"It's fine. I mean, we did pretty well for ourselves without that position so no rush and we can find someone if we really need it." By this time, Devin had finished his meal. "If you wanna head to anywhere else, its your lead I'm just here for the ride for now."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Tracy nods "Yes! I would like to go browsing the shops, you know, anything to keep from going back to my apartment." she says.

She was prepared to stay out All night if she needed to, after all, that creature said he would come for her Tonight, so why not stay out?
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Mad more then likely took care of it, but he could understand them being nervous going back and if she wanted to stay out for a big longer he was fine with it. For now he'd follow the kid to where ever. "Let's go then. The day is still young. Though on aside I wanted to float a idea by you. Where I come from, there is a breed of dog called Rish Sheppards, they're very strong and good fighting off things like the one that was following you. Only issue is political red tape and I'd need to get a special license with a approval of a hunter."

He shoved his hands into his pockets as he followed. "So its kinda iffy if I can get it done, but if I explanation the situation and such I might be able to. But protection aside they're very good dogs so you'd have a good friend to. Not sure if you're a dog person though or have the time but figure I float the idea by you since I can't be there forever and if another creature like this comes one day it wouldn't hurt."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:42 am

*Yeah, I'm as close to a 'dog person' as one could actually get...* Tracy thinks. She shskes her head "It sounds like a lot of work to get one of these hound... but, I don't think my apartment allows pets of any kind." she says "Besides, I should be okay, you know, once this creepy shadow creature is gone..." she mumbles.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:41 am

Devin nodded. "That's fine, just an idea after all. And it should be fine once its taken care of." Though he thought Mad had taken care of it, considering it had been avoiding him it may have been ducking until it thought he was gone.

While Devin and Danny were doing their own thing Ava got a case of her own, it wasn't really as supernatural or exciting as some of the others but no less important on her mind. A teenaged girl named Zoe had come in to request help finding her mother Amari who had gone missing for a month. It was a cold case and the police had stopped seriously looking into it for the most part as other cases caught their attention.

While this was more Ava's element, it didn't mean she liked them much since with these cases in her experience rarely had a happy ending but at least, maybe she could give closure to the family. She had a number of contacts of people of interest to talk to as well as details of the old case, she doubted it lead to anything but treading old ground from a new perspective could give yield results at any rate.

Her first stop was a bar Amari had worked at, the owner including many of the regulars had quite liked them. Ava and Danny had been there a few times, but they weren't frequent guest. It was among one of the first places to gauge some things, then maybe the ex husband but he lived on the other side of the city, some hot shot lawyer. They weren't on the best terms from what what Zoe said but that didn't mean he had anything to do with her disappearance.

She got looks for various reasons as she entered the bar but ignored them as she went to have a seat. It wasn't too long before a female bar tender with the name tag 'Sariah' came down, they smiled a bit on seeing them. "We'll, we'll, if it isn't miss detective. You having the usual? Its a bit early for you to come in though. Your cute partner not here?"

Ava shook her head. "No to both. I'm on business. You remember this woman working for you?" The Acorian showed a picture of the person she was talking about.

Sariah eyes scrunched up at looking at them, then nodded. "Oh, you mean Amari? If you're looking for them, I'm sorry to say sugar I can't tell you much more then what I told police when they were looking."

Ava figured, but in this case a repeat wouldn't hurt. "I was figuring as much but maybe you can answer anyway. I just have a few questions that might help in the long run."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Tracy nods slowly "I, just womder how and why this thing is following me." she mumbles "I've never been to any haunted places and never messed with occult stuff... could someone be targeting me?" she asks "But why? I don't Do anything interesting."
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:05 am

There was of course that place she visited, but she didn't remember going there and it was a good thing they didn't remember. "Sometimes creatures of this nature just attach yourselves to you if they find something about you that draws them in. It's probably the case here."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:16 am

Tracy was a bit miffed by this, but didn't say anything. She just hoped that once this Thing was gone, she could go back to her normal, boring life.

She gets a text from one of her friends, asking if she had the book they needed for the test tomorrow, and of course she did. But it was at her place and she wasn't eager to go back to it at the moment.

"So... how, um, how about we get to that, uh, shopping?" she asks.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 am

Devin was cool with that, and nodded. "Sure. This is your rodeo I'm just here along for the ride."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:24 am

She heads to the mall and to a woman's clothing store. There were all Sorts of things she wanted to try on *For whom, am I going to show them off to? My boyfriend?* she thinks, a bit bitter. Her wouldbe 'boyfriend' was still in Japan, probably still hurt by her when she left for America suddenly. She owned him an apology after all this time.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:23 am

Devin was quite for the most part, thinking on a few things or another but not dwelling on the negative stuff since it never did him any good before. . "I never really asked before, but what are you taking college classes for?"
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:51 am

Tracy looks over to Devin "Oh, um, I majoring in computer science with an added minor in programming." she says.

While she had to admit that Devin wasn't too bad looking, Danny seemed to have some kind of magnetism that would draw her in when she was around him, which is why she should avoid him. A guy like him was Always bad news, besides, she could Smell the alcohol on him.

She looks over to Devin, but not meeting his eyes "So, um, do you, uh, plan on doing this detective stuff, you know, for the rest of your life?" she asks, not really knowing how to word it.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:14 am

Tracy wasn't bad looking, though Devin usually preferred his women on the more voluptuous side of things not that he'd dismiss those that didn't fit in that area. Overall though, while it felt the two could potentially be good friends there didn't seem more chemistry beyond that at least to him.

At the question, Devin didn't really miss a beat. "Nah. I'm not sure what I'll be doing but there is so much to do and see I'm sure I'll be doing something. I picked up a lot of things along the way so confident I'll be able to find something else. I'll probably go traveling a lot once this chapter of my life closes. It's a very big world out there."

He wasn't just referring to earth, between Noreal, here and the Mystic world who knew what else was out there? Since exploring was one of the things he enjoyed, he may as well see for himself.
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:25 pm

Track nods slowly "I've seen some of this big ol' world and, to me, it wasn't all that impressive." she says.

She was refering to the time she went to Tokyo and ended up getting kidnapped by a psycho, attacked by a monster, and dumped by a Really cute guy.

"But, who knows? Maybe I'm not looking at things from a better point of view." she says with a slight shrug.

She looks over to Devin "Say, just wondering, could that thing follow me out of my apartment?" she asks. Lately she felt safe out of her apartment, but if that thing could follow her out, than no place was safe. Though, she had to admit, she never Felt the thing around when out and about.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Devin shook his head. "Depends on the spirit or entity. It seems to have followed you earlier so I'd say maybe. Most things like this don't do crowded areas with a lot of other people. Have you ever felt a similar presence when out?"
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Tracy shakes her head "No. I never felt the thing around when I've been out and about, but than, I've always assumed I was safe and never had my guard up for things like that." she says "Though, I suppose that, even though I can't sense it around, doesn't mean it isn't still around..." she mumbles.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:52 pm

"True." Devin conceded in part. "In the mean time then its best we just stay out for now. Only issue is sleep, we'll have to turn in eventually but that's what I'm here for if it shows up again."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:26 am

It was all but guaranteed that this thing would show up tonight, after all, it made a clear threat During the day, when people were over. It's gonna come for her tonight.

That thought of it coming for her and what it might do to her scared Tracy. She just wanted this nightmare to be over and to get back to her old life.

"What about a church or something?" she asks "With your wings and such, it should be easy to ask to stay for the night." she points out. She doubted that shadow person would enter a church.
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Devin thought it wasn't a bad idea, though in his experience he wasn't sure the Christian God existed. It never seemed to offer any real protection against entities like this like this, of course there could be multiple other reasons it wasn't like he could say for sure. He knew deities existed but as proof with Leon but he had never met any person and he doubted that change anytime soon.

"Sounds like a plan. Since it seems to be winding down, once you're done shopping we'll head to a church and see if they let us stay over the night. If you know any close by, let me know otherwise I'll look to the map."
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next