Work And Play

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Work And Play - Page 4 Empty Re: Work And Play

Post by namey on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Tracy nods "Yeah. This is New York, there's a church on practically every corner." she mumbles. Like Devin, she wasn't convinced that this thing will be stopped by a chruch. Come to think of it, she Probably should have tried the church First, before seeking out Devin and his company.
namey
namey
Admin

View user profile http://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:18 pm

After they were done there, Devin decided to find themselves a church they could spend the night out, he'd go to the nearest one and see and if they refused just keep going until one was fine with it. There had to at least be one and that's all they needed.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:01 am

Tracy finds a church that was close to her apartment and wanders on in. There was a priest that was in his late thirties there "Tracy. It's good to see you. What can I help you with today?" he asks with a smile.

"Oh, uh, hello, Father Begal. My apartment is, um, getting fumigated and I, uh, just needed a place to stay for the night." she says. As it turned out, and quite unsurprisingly, Tracy was bad at lying.

Father Begal chuckles "Of course you and your friend may stay. There are some cots in the back. Just behave yourselves in the House of the Lord." he says.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:00 am

Devin was grateful. "Thanks for the warm welcome, we'll behave." While he doubted it would work, at least it may calm the young woman's understandbaly jumpy nerves about things. As for him? He'd be staying up for a lookout.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:56 am

As the night starts to drag on, Tracy was curled up on one of the cots, passed the hell out. Devin's phone buzzes. It was a text from an unknown number "It's Mad. The shadow creature is finally gone. Come back to the apartment now." the text reads.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:46 am

Devin read the text, it sounded about right but Maybe he was being a bit paranoid if it was just the thing impersonating Mad. He unfourtnately didn't have his number to exactly check, but if it was him he'd likely be waiting. He sent a text back 'We'll be there in a few minutes at the most. Just hang tight so we know its actually you.'

He went over to Tracy and gently nuged them to wake them up.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:55 am

Tracy slowly wakes up, a bit of drool there, and she looks over to Devin "Wuh.. what time is it?" she asks, wiping the drool off "Is it breakfast time yet?" she asks.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:35 am

"Got a message from Mad, said he got rid of the baddy." Devin explained to the young woman. "The text said to come to the apartment, so just to make sure it is him I told him to wait. And to make extra sure, I'll send them a text to come outside your door if he isn't already. Call it paranoid but I like to be through, guess its a habit from the Hunters."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Mad wasn't answering and was nowhere to be seen. When they got to Tracy's apartment, the door was open. Like the lock was picked, or it was forced open. But it looked like it would still close.

Tracy was hiding behind Devin when they got there and she peeks around him "Is the coast clear?" she whispers.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:47 am

"Not sure, stay behind me." Devin mumbled as he made sure Tracy was behind him as he cautiously opened the door to peek inside.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Tracy didn't need to be told twice to do that. She kept behind Devin, holding onto the hem of his shirt.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Even the small lamp that Tracy left on before they left, was still on. Everything felt, normal.

Except... Tracy was still fidgety "It Looks normal enough..." she mumbles "But doesn't it feel like, I don't know, someone is watching us?" she asks.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Devin glanced around, he didn't see anything but that didn't mean anything. "Maybe. Or we're both just extremely on edge. In times like this I trust my gut, so wanna head back to the church until I can confirm things with Mad tomorrow?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Tracy thinks for a bit "Maybe, we can, uh, rent o-out a room, you know, from a different apartment..." she mumbles, her face going red again. She wasn't very good at hiding her feelings.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:44 am

"We could." Devin partially agreed, "Though since I can't confirm anything and Mad isn't answering I think its best safe then sorry. "
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Tracy locks her apartment after they leave "Um, I've been, well, I've been wondering how much, uh, how much your services will, um, generally cost me?" she asks. Money was, of course, an issue. If they had a high asking fee, she would have to try and make a deal. Devin seemed to be a reasonable person.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:34 pm

"It really depends on the job and the client. I take it by a case by case basis or work things out. For you, I honestly wouldn't charge for much for once I called outside help, and two you're a college kid trying to make it through school I'm not gonna fleece ya."
Devin shrugged. "Maybe a hundred when its said and done, and it doesn't all have to be at once."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Devin's phone goes off. An unknown number "It is -ad..." the signal was terrible. There was static crackling everywhere, but it sounded like Mad "Where a--... y-u two..?" he asks through the noise "The ap---ment... is --- --ear... it is --- s-fe... to return---" he growls as the line goes dead.

Tracy eyes Devin "Who was that? It sounded like a terrible cell reception." she says, having hesrd all the static coming from Devin's phone.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:04 pm

"Don't know but think it was Mad, give me a second. Their phone was breaking up maybe it was the area, gonna call them back in a minute to see if it clears up." If that was Mad, it was odd overall. Why was the phone breaking up like that? Did he know it was? It seemed too unprofessional for them not to know.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:14 am

There could have been many reasons that the cell reception wasn't any good. The most logical one was that the tower he was by, was messing up. Another reason could have been, he was traveling through a tunnel or through the shadows. In any case, the line was dead.

Tracy nods slightly "Do you think he Actually did it and I can Finally live me life?" she asks, her normally shy eyes full of hopefulness. Being normal, for this young woman, seemed to be very imporant to her, despite being a Zoanthrope.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Devin didn't want to get her hopes up too much, but he would give it to them straight. "It was Really hard to make out because of the amount of static but it sounded like they said the apartment was safe. Either way the line is dead so I can't talk back to them now for sure."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Tracy thinks for a bit "Do you think we should head back and give a try?" she asks "I mean, I've felt on edge for some time in that apartment, so maybe that's why I've been so paranoid in it lately and there's Actually nothing wrong." she explains.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:08 am

"If they say its safe, it can't hurt. I'll stay with you over the night just to be sure."
Devin would just have to pull a all nighter, he had done plenty of those.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:35 pm

They get back to Tracy's room. It was still locked. Once back inside, it all seemed normal. Like nothing was wrong. It wasn't cold, there was no lingering feeling like they were being watched. Nothing.

Tracy carefully checks the bathroom, the only other room in the apartment, and it Seemed clear. "Well, it Looks and Feels safe enough..." she mumbles "We'll just have to see about tonight..."
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:09 am

"Yeah. It's just a matter of sleeping arrangements, I could sleep on the floor with a spare blanket or on the couch. Whatever you're more comfortable with."
To be honest, Devin was fine with whatever.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by namey on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:22 am

Since it was a small two room apartment (the main room and the bathroom), there Was no couch. There was just a bed, a table on the other side of the room that had the tv on it, a small cooking area by the window, and an equally small study area.

Tracy looks around "Uh... I don't have an spare blankets and I, um, obviously don't have a couch, so... we Might... have to share... the bed..." she mumbles the last part, her face turning a shade of red as she shyly looks down.
namey
namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next