Out And About

2 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Out And About - Page 3 Empty Re: Out And About

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Kobe and Elora thought that was good news, they were after all short a few members. Though if a medic is what they needed, that might be a bit harder. With Dave there, it made things easier but Kobe didn't think it would be fair to hold them too long, since they apparently had something going on back home.

Then again, he did say he didn't have much there. So we'll see.

"I'll introduce you the others, assuming they're around." Kobe knew Alice was extremely shy and introverted from first impressions so she might be holed in her room again. Whether Natomi and her boyfriend came back remained to be seen.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Mondo was in the rec room, watching some TV, Alice was still in her room, Sam hadn't come back yet, but according to Buddy, they should be back pretty soon, and Marcen was training.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:17 pm

It seemed like just about everyone was occupied or, busy, but one person that wasn't accounted for Kobe had noticed was Hitomi. That was assuming she was around the base somewhere and not out.

"I know you don't get sick like us, but you probably shouldn't eat that much junk food.."
A young woman called from the kitchen, making something or another but it was hard to tell.

"Sorry. Just going through a craving right now."
Zyna had no idea who invented cheesecake but she wanted to thank them in the after life if she ever met them. It was a crime something so good and simple to make didn't exist where she came from; which was why she was on the terror getting as much as she could.

She knew her brother was restless and had things they needed to do, but she felt more at home here. Earth was her home, even if it was very different in many ways compared to at home. Visellia, which they met along the way came too and was her roomate in her current apartment.

Luckily, this earth had something called Zoanthropes and other matter of strange beings, so he new friend wasn't Really out of place. She still got sneered at and looked at oddly, but at least she could walk around since most thought she was a kind of Zoanthrope to begin with.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:33 pm

Hitomi was, indeed, on the base and not currently doing anything that she considered important. She found Mondo quite interesting. Much like Marcen and Sam, she had never seen animal people like them before and what's more, he was from the same place as Jack, which was even more intriguing to her, so she was hanging around, using every bit of her ninja training to keep out of sight and keep Mondo in Her sights!

It wasn't hard for Jack to find the address that Ramona had given him. Though, he Will admit that it stung a bit when Ramona glossed over the fact that he had also helped her kids when they were attacked by those rogue Hunters.

Still, a super hero wasn't looking for any thanks. So long as they were alright, that was good enough for him. He confirms the address once more, then knocks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:49 pm

Elora couldn't find Hitomi normally and sense she couldn't use her Ki sense(or so she assumed, and didn't want to be lazy) she decided to use the old fashion way.

It took a bit longer with this method, but she did stealithy find her. Though on seeing what she was doing, Elora of course had to give them a hard time. "Just the person I was looking for. Though, you've been starring at them for a bit. Can't tell if you like what you see or you're curious."

Zyna finished stuffing herself(for the moment) when she heard the door knock. Making sure she was presentbale she opened the door to see a man who literally Looked as if he just came out of a fantasy novel with those muscles. Not that she'd know anything about that.

"Afternoon. Can I help you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Hitomi wasn't a rookie and knew someone was coming up on her. She turns to face Elora "It's something entirely different." she looks back to Mondo "He Always knows when I'm around and where I am. It's like he can Sense where I am!" she whispers.

"Who can?" Mondo asks, suddenly behind the both o them.

It was Literally one of those 'blink-and-missed-it' moments. Hitomi spins around, looking from Mondo to the couch "How did you..." she trails off.

Jack nods "Indeed you can, if you're Zyna" he says as he pulls out a business card "My name is Jack Winters and I'm here on behalf of Ramona Menes." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Elora took a moment, however brief to compose herself though of course it didn't show outwardly. "How did you know we were both here? Scent?"

At those words, the young woman perked up. "Um, of course that's me. Thank you for coming over." She moved aside so Jack could come into the apartment.

Visellia peaked from the kitchen, stopping in her duties briefly. "Afternoon. My name is Visellia, do you want anything to drink while you're here?" She knew rough details of the whole super hero thing, but that was about it. It interested her slightly, but she doubted they needed a medical person but instead someone who could fight.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Mond chuckles "Nothing like that." he says s he heads back to the couch "I saw you both sneaking up on me, is all." he says.

Dave comes wandering over "Mondo is a speedster." he says "A Fast one. He can move so fast, it looks like everyone is standing still. Seriously, we have yet to encounter a normal mutant who can outrun or even match his speed." he explains.

Jack nods "I would like that, thank you." he says, then focuses on Zyna "Okay, so I assume you know why I'm here, judging by your reaction, now my first question is, do you have any interest in what Ramona and the rest of us are doing?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:07 pm

"It's an good we didn't race then." Kobe says as he came along with them. "There are people faster then me at my village by a large margin but Mondo may take the cake."

To that, Zyna perked up. "Yes, of course. I'm just really nervous and you caught me off guard. I kinda tend to fumble on my words at times when I get really excited."

A few moments later, the other woman gave Jack a glass of water. "I was just wondering, does your organization, group or whatever you want to call it have non combat roles? Like medical or maybe paper work?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:03 am

Dave nods "Rightly so. Mondo loves to show off his speed and does so every chance he can." he says.

"He didn't do so when he was last here." Marcen says.

This causes Hitomi to jump in surprises, as well as Dave, because he wasn't there before, having simply just Appeared there "Whoa!" Hitomi exclaims "H-how did you...?" she trails off in her question at the look Marcen gave her.

Marcen focuses on Dave and the others "Well, you all must be our newest members. Welcome." he says in a friendly tone "I'm Marcen, the second in command. As you can see, I'm a Zoanthrope and a shinobi from the Mist village." he introduces himself.

When offered a drink, Jack was expecting something along the lines of tea or something, but water worked as well "Zyna, it's okay to get flustered from time to time. It shows the real you and that's whom I'm interested in meeting." he says with a smile. She reminded him of Danielle.

Jack looks over to Visellia "Of course we have positions in those fields, however, they are, at times, more difficult, than the actual field work, because the lives of the team are in your hands." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Kobe wasn't surprised, Chakra ninja were full of tricks and Marcen was more experienced.

A bit after, Ramona came into view, she knew about everyone who was present, save Dave whom she hadn't met. "Ah, I see we have a new face among us. Welcome. My name is Ramona Menes."

The young woman relaxed slightly, at least she wasn't being judged poorly for being nervous on first contact. That was a good thing. "Thank you. I'll be okay once the initial newness of stuff drains out of me. If you have any questions, ask away! Or..not. That's cool too."

Visellia giggled at her friend but shook her head. "I was never apart of an team, but I understand full well how it can be very demanding being a doctor or nurse with lives on the line. I haven't filled in any paper work, so its something I'll have to do later."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Dave blinks, slightly taken aback by this woman named Ramona Menes. She was, perhaps, the most beautiful woman he had ever seen! She had a light that shined like a goddess

Dave clears his throat "My name's David Winters, Jack older brother. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ramona and you as well." he says to Hitomi.

Marcen moves close to Dave "cool it down, man. she has a fiance." he whispers to Dave.

Jack nods "Being a team doesn't just happen over night It takes many trials to build trust between members and even then, there might be some discord between some." he says.

"I've had to go through my share of team building exercises before and I strongly recommend that my team go through them as well, but they almost always turn out for the better." he explains.

"Now!" he claps his hands "I'm just going to jump into the deep end with you, Zyna. he states.

"In the immediate aftermath of a brutal attack on the city by a villain, there's a small group of people who are trapped and are quickly running out of air and a child who is on a rapidly crumbling ledge over a 75 foot drop onto some rubble.." he says, painting a dark scenario "How do you handle this situation?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Ramona heard it, but didn't comment on it further with the point being made. "It's nice to meet you. Our group is definitely a colorful bunch, and I mean that in an endearing way. You'll probably meet my two children and my fiance soon enough." They had a few demons, a vampire, and herself. Only missing a few other supernatural beings and you'd have the whole set.

When Jack laid out the scenario Zyna's entire demenour seemed to completely change as if hitting some type of switch. She was quite until he finished. "I need to know the other details first before my answer. Is there any police, fire fighters and such nearby? I also assume I have no teamates nearby and simply working on my own in this area?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Dave felt himself get embarrassed by that "Oh, um, well, no hurries." he says "It was nice meeting you all. If you'll excuse me." he says, then rushes off.

Mondo watches his friend leave "He's never had any luck when it comes to girls." he says casually, before going back to watching TV "Also, don't go into hanger 2." he states.

"Those people aren't going to save themselves an that child's ledge is going, going..." Jack says. If Jack could interact with her mind, like a normal person's mind, he would be able to set this up better and since he can't bring her to the base and use a holodeck, this will have to do.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:27 am

Kobe did wonder what the hanger two comment was about, but left it alone. He assumed that's where Dave had gotten off too when he ran off, though he could relate slightly but his case was a bit different.

That made a bit more sense to Ramona why he reacted like that. "..I see. I hope he''ll be all right then, didn't mean to dig at old wounds potentially unitentionally." She said to Mondo.

"I would go fly and get the child to safety, since they are more immediate danger. After that, I would go to the rubble and lift the rubble, making note of where the people are at with my energy sensing. What I couldn't use, I'd use my energy swords to cut through to get the group out." Zyna says.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:36 am

Mondo waves it off "Trust me, he's made of much tougher stuff than most give him credit for." he says "Also, if you are all wondering about hanger 2, it's where I have my car parked and she can get pretty cranky when put into 'travel mode'." he explains.

Jack nods slightly "Good for the most part. The only thing I would caution against, is cutting the civilians out. That's the only red flag I see so far." he says "Mainly because we don't know how stable the rubble on top of them currently is." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:30 pm

"You mentioned them being a shy and being cranky, AI or something else?" Koboe clarfied to Mondo. That was the only way he could see a car having some personality, besides he guessed something like magic.

Zyna paused. "..No. You're right. I don't have visuals of what is going and how its structured but that isn't an excuse for me to make a rookie mistake like that."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Mondo shakes his head "I never said she was shy. I said Dave was shy and that Shnubsie was cranky." he clarifies "And yes, Shnubsie is a type of AI." he says "Maybe I'll introduce you one day. Or you can risk it and go down to hangar 2."

Jack shakes his head "We all make mistakes This was just a hypothetical scenario. If it were a Real scenario, there's no way you would be out there alone and as soon as a villain attacked, your back up would call it in and start evacuating all the civilians." he explains.

He then stands "I'm goin to see about setting up something a bit more definitive, that way I could get a better idea on what you can do." he says "If you're up for it, that is." he says as he pulls out a card "Here's my number. If you need help before our next meeting, give me a call. If I'm not there, ask for Marcen." e says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:50 pm

"If she's cranky, I'll pass for now." Kobe had decided that could wait at least for the moment.

"We'll everyone, I have one or two things to do. If you'll excuse me." Ramona excused herself to let the others talk.

"Just curious, who created Shnubisie? If that's not too personal." Elora was marginally curious since AI besides Buddy wasn't something she really encountered before.

Zyna took the card, eying it before putting it away. "I'm up for it. When would be a good time for me to come?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Mondo shrugs "I did.I created most of the weapons and vehicles for our old team." he says "I didn't create Buddy, if that's what you're thinking. Mickey did, along with most everything in this base." he points out.

Jack shakes his head "I'll give you a call when I have everything ready and we'll go from there." he says, then nods to both of them. 

"Ladies, it was a pleasure to meet you both and I look forward to our next encounter." he says, then gets his things and heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:36 pm

"I heard a bit of them, would of liked to meet them but it probably be unlikely. Is AI common place on your earth?"
To Kobe 'your earth' still sounded a bit strange to him.

"It was nice meeting you Jack." Visellia said pleasantly.

"Yeah me too. Take care!" In the mean time Zyna was going to focus on what she needed to and make sure she was focused when it came time to prove herself.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Mondo shakes his head "No. Mickey and myself are the ones who create most of the AI on my Earth." he says "Well, us and Lee and Dino.There Might be a few others as well, but those are the most notable ones." he explains.

Jack nods "Likewise. You two take care and I'll be in touch." he says with one of his award winning smiles, then heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:15 pm

"I think Ultra Tech is the only place here that has some form of AI, but I could be wrong." Elora added in.

"Perhaps..." Kobe was considering using the holodeck for some mission simulations and maybe asking if any of his fellow ninja wanted to join but he wasn't sure just yet. "Do you know if Lee and Dino come from your native dimension?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Mondo shrugs "Maybe. Who really knows?" he says in regards to Kobe's question "My question is, how do you even know who Lee and Dino are well enough to ask?" he asks "Since most would assume that they're also on my old team, like Mickey." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:55 pm

"Lee and Dino is pretty common knowledge now, actually. They came public a few years ago." Elora explained.

"If I recall, its the Universal Sub-space Storage and retrieval system. I think they also had something for the earth military, but not sure what it is.. I assume that's also a common thing for back at home, the storage system that is."
Kobe said
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum