Just Working

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just Working Empty Just Working

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Devin had been having a slow day at the Last Maiden, but really that wasn't anything new what so ever. From a business perspective it sucked but he had other ways of keeping things afloat. Doing things like this was about knowing what to do when there wasn't much to do to keep things going. He did have friends, and he did have other business related things so it wasn't the end of the world.

His newest employee, Leon seemed like they'd pull their own weight and he could definitely use the help. Part of the reason they had joined was not only the extra income, but to find something called the 'Dragonballs' that could grant wishes when granted. They wanted to revive P-Chan or Natsumi as their real name was but he hadn't told his daughter in case it was a dead end or something happened. It was best she didn't know if that was the case. If worse came to worse, this was his final run with it before he fully put it behind.

Hopefully this P-Chan missed them just as badly, he didn't doubt Some type of After Life existed due to ghost and such in his experience.

While skeptical, he was going to do what he could if he found anything to bring that family back together. He couldn't say his own family were worth then fertilizer but he did know the value of good families. The two must of really loved her if they still missed them that badly after two years. Leon was out spending time with his friend at that school of gifted kids..name escaped him at the moment.

Though if they ever became wheel chair bound and bald, the universe would have a sense of irony.

As for himself? Frankly, even if the Dragonballs were a real thing he didn't want anything from it. Anything he wanted, he could get on his own terms as is. He just had to be realistic with the things he wanted, sure he'd like a dancer slash bunny girl that was into him but that was asking it to rain unicorns, or the multiple other things in his head.

Most of the time you had to be the one to go out there to get what you wanted, it normally didn't just happen.

Maybe my problem is things aren't in black and white color.

After his lame joke he concentrated on his laptop idly on his desk as he heard the doors swing open. Finally, it was about time who ever they were.

Unless it was someone who needed their kids to go to the rest room. Again.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Just Working Empty Re: Just Working

Post by Namey Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Danny comes walking back in, carrying some bags of food with him. He's been working for Devin for some time now, ever since he hired him to find his sister and Cinda, of which they had no luck with. So until they were found, he would stick with Devin.

He lets the bags on the counter in the back. This new location was still something he needed to get use to. He got lost a few times on the way back "Oka, I got enough food for a few days, IF you guys don't go nuts. I also got some beer for whenever we get some work." he calls out to Devin.

Luckily for Devin, Danny had plenty of money. Having over a thousand years to make as much as he would ever need. So he had no problem shopping or getting supplies if they needed them. Danny didn't know what to make of this new guy. He seemed to have too many skeletons in his closet. Danny didn't know what they were and he honestly didn't care. He had his own beasts to battle.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:52 am

Devin had been partly expecting it to be someone new, but it turned out to be someone who worked here. "No worries, I know when not to go nuts with eating. Not a teen anymore. Find anything interesting while you were out?"

It had been a year or so since he had been hired to find Danny's sister and friend. He would of thought they would of struck out on their own by now but he wasn't complaining, Danny was a lot of help.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Daniel shakes his head "Nope. There have been some rumors about the many Inhumans planning something, but it's gone silent. Also, there's been a rash of disappearances and different schools. Might be something, might be nothing." he says as he puts the food away.

He gets himself a water and takes a seat "You know, if we want some clients, we need to advertise. It only a few thousand yen. If we all pitch in, we could buy some space in a paper. Hell, we could even get a publicist. They'll make sure people know who we are." he says, for like the hundredth time.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:14 am

It seemed this time, Devin gave in. "Yeah..it couldn't hurt. I could update the website and do the other leg work." A pubilicist wouldn't be a bad idea either. He couldn't expand his business or hire more people he wanted with how things were now.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Danny nods as he gets up "We probably would get better coverage if we were still State side, but I'm sure we can make this work." he says as he starts out "Though, we'll have some Very stiff competition here with the Hunter Alliance and these Super Heroes and who knows how many others out there. We should probably do some scouting on them, if we can." he says as he heads out. He would set everything up with the publicist.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:10 am

Though there was definitely some overlap such as dealing with anything supernatural, their business didn't Really directly compete with the two mainly because they had different goals and things to do. A Hunter or a Super Hero group wasn't going to spend their time finding out if their spouse had been cheating on them and things of that nature.

He went back to his computer back to work, maybe Veronica would come in later, his only female employee. Of course she was really here and there to begin with. Devin suspected Danny would be gone once they found his sister, he wouldn't admit it but he be kinda bummed out about. It had been an entire year working together after all.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:27 pm

After Danny had left, a woman comes walking in. She looked like a worried mother "Excuse me. I was told that your , uh, company could help me." she says as she pulls out a picture of a young woman who was in a college uniform "This is my daughter, Moriko. She's gone missing and the police won't help me look fo her." she explains "She hasn't come home from school and she's not answering my calls. I have such a terrible feeling that something bad has happened to her." she says, tears in her eyes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Devin looked up when an attractive older woman came in and seemed worried which had his full attention. He instantly opened up a file on his laptop so he could quickly type things down. "Okay. One thing at a time. I'll help you but I need as much information as I can get so I can go from there. First, what school does she go to? When is the last time you or your husband have seen her? Does she have enemies of any kind or just something like a clingy ex? I have some more, but we'll start from there."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:32 pm

The mother answers all the questions. Moriko had no enemies tha she was aware of. She got along with everyone, and her father was working abroad and hasn't been home for a few weeks. Moriko, as it turned out, never had a boyfriend that her mother was aware of as well.

The mother gave Devin a list of Moriko's friends. Most of she couldn't get in contact with either an their mothers said they had yet to come home either. All except one, who was in the hospital screaming about monsters.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Great. It sounded like bad news to Devin, the last part just cemented the fact he might not be able to give the mother a happy ending, but if that was the case at least she'd have closure. He told them to leave their name and contact information. Between himself, Leon and Danny they should be able to find something splitting up to cover more ground.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Danny was hanging outside when a very sad woman comes walking in. Wit his better than normal hearing, he heard much of what was said and fel it was best Not to interrupt. So after the mother left, Danny comes walking back in "I over heard much of what was said. If you like, I'll look into the missing students and their parents." he offers "Leon should ask one of his psychic buddies for help with the girl in the hospital, leaving you and that analytical mind of yours to figure out what happened at the college." he suggests.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:58 am

Devin was fine with that, it made the most sense of things. "We'll go with that plan then. I just have a bad feeling of what happened already but we'll find out hopefully soon enough."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Danny nods, grabs his gear and heads out. He had a lot of work to do. He needed to find out where the parents of the other kids lived and everything. He had his computer, which was Hylian technology, so it should have no real troubles getting him he information he needed.

Chances were, that his and Devin's missions were going to hit dead ends, but Leon's as the one that wold get them the information they would need to start piecing things together.

Though, he had a feeling that Devin was right. There would be no happy endings for the families involved with this case.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 01, 2017 11:18 am

Devin did end up calling Leon to explain the situation, who agreed to contact one of his friends to see if they could help. Leon knew Mike would be willing to help after hearing, even if he couldn't himself then probably someone he knew.

The Ralphlim on the other hand had more of a waiting game on his end while the others did their own thing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 01, 2017 6:41 pm

Mike had no problems helping find missing persons. When he was told what would be asked, he said he had the perfect person for the job and that they would be in contact within the day. A few hours later, someone comes walking into the office. It was a Young Woman with a very empty look in her dark eyes "I was asked to come here by Sensei-Mike." she says in a voice that was as dead as her eyes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 02, 2017 9:08 am

Having a physic on the team that was a regular employee would be a god send come to think of it, but he didn't see it happening anytime soon. Either way, his help arrived and the young woman was attractive but something was..different about them. It was in their eyes and body expression or lack of that threw him off.

"Thanks for coming. I'm Devin and you are?" He wasn't sure how much she knew about the case, but if she did it would save some time explaining.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 04, 2017 2:12 pm

The young woman looks over to Devin "You may call me 'Nemesis'." she says "i have been told that you need help getting information out of a mental patient." she states. Meaning Mike more than likely filled her in on what she would be doing "Let's get moving." she says as she heads back out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 04, 2017 3:49 pm

That was a unique name, at least she was to the point though. Devin stood up to follow her out, "I have the information of where they're located. It's not too far from here." He had a feeling that regardless this would lead to more questions.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 05, 2017 11:33 am

Nemesis nods "Yes. At a mental hospital. Sensei-Mike told me all I need to know about tis case." she says "He runs a school for psychics. Information is something he has in spades." she points out "Also, I was told I would be accompanying Leon to he hospital. Where is he?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 07, 2017 12:51 am

Devin decided to give Leon a call to see exactly where he was at before hanging up the cell. "He said he's at there in that area already waiting for us to show up. But I told them to meet us half way there."

True enough, they didn't have to go much further before Leon caught up to them. "You must be the help Mike told me about, Nemesis I think? Nice to meet you."

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Nemesis looks Leon over "Likewise." she says "Shall we get this over with?" she asks "As I understand it, our target is in another part of the city. We'll have to take a train to get to her hospital." she points out "If we leave right now, we can make last train for the next hour."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Devin didn't think there was any point in stalling so he was fine with it. Leon nodded. "I agree. The quicker we get to there, the better off we'll be."

Leon wasn't sure how fruitful this visit would be, but it was better then nothing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 16, 2017 2:51 pm

((If you like, we can skip the train ride, or we can use it for some character interaction and development. Your call.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 16, 2017 3:16 pm

(I'm fine with skipping)
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down