Distractions

2 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Distractions - Page 13 Empty Re: Distractions

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:55 am

Aron was a bit disappointed though he should of known, he just wanted to spend time with Peresphone alone, intimate or not, even if it was just cuddling or something. That was really the only downside of their relationship, everything else was great.

"All right, I understand." There were no hard feelings on his part about it, even if he wished it was a bit different. Angel probably just wanted to talk or see what they were doing if she didn't come inside to get something, you never knew.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Angel wanders in "Mally has returned with distressing news." she says in a calm tone "It seems while we've been away, a group of vampire hunters decided to lay siege to Castlevania, since the lord of the castle was out." she explains, like she was talking about the weather "Persephone, we have to go. Our people need us."
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Aron frowned a bit at this, though besides Angel Casltevania didn't even Have any vampires full or half living there, at least none he could remember ironically. "No rest for the wicked. The only problem is even on a plane its going to take us a while to get there. I think the best bet is a private jet."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Persephone shakes her head "That won't be necessary." she says "There are teleporters that lead to Castlevania all over the world. Lord Dracula had them set up in secret, so he could launch an attack on the world all at once." she explains "That's how I originally got to you both so fast."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:34 pm

"I'll be right back then." Aron excused himself to leave, coming back in a minute or so. He did feel a bit bad about worrying his mom about his safety so he didn't tell them the exact details, just that something needed their attention.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Angel shakes her head "I believe it's best if you were to stay here." she says "That way you won't put your family in danger of retaliation from these vampire hunters." she explains.

Persephone takes a step towards Aron "We can't force you to stay here but we strongly ask that you not follow us." she says in a soft voice "The battle we match towards will doubtless be a bloody and very violent one and...I don't want you to see that." she says, which was her way of saying she didn't wan Aron to see the 'Other' side of her.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:13 pm

The Only reason Aron decided not to go was the first comment, he really didn't want to risk it. His father and mother could defend themselves just fine, it was his little sisters he was worried about.

He still wasn't happy at all about it though. Aron went over and gave Peresphone a hug before pulling away. "Please be safe." He meant both of course, but Peresphone naturally had a special place in his heart.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Angel smiles reassuringly "Not to worry! We've delt with these kinds of problems before." she says "Once we send these buggers packing, we'll be back and we can go back to exploring!" she says with much enthusiasm.

Persephone hugs Aron back and gives him a quick kiss "Lady Angel is right. We shall be back soon." she says in a soft tone "In the mean time, take care of your family." she moves away "Until next we meet." she says.

Both Angel and Persephone pull out wat looks like a small business card of some kind and they both tear the card in two and in a shower of light, they both disappear.

((Angel and Persephone are out.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:27 pm

Aron watched the two leave before heading back inside, he knew already he was going to stress himself with worry while the two were out and he was here. His mother of course would notice something was wrong empath or not and given what happened he may as well tell them the truth of what was going on.

True enough Vanesa did in fact notice when her adopted son came back. "Aron? What's wrong?"

Aron sighed a bit. "Some vampire hunters started attacking Angel's home, so she and Peresphone went to stop them. I stayed behind because Angel said they might find a way here and attack in revenge. I couldn't risk it. You and dad can take of yourselves but not my sisters. They would be a target espeically for what they are, probably considered some 'abominations' or something knowing their types usually."

Vanessa frowned at this, before giving her son a hug. "I'm sure they'll be okay."

She was about to say more when the door knocked, but she seemed to know who it was. "He's back early."

The door opened revealing a tall man with silver hair and eyes. They looked normal enough, save for having the same exact kind of wings that Aron had. Vanessa went over and hugged him. "Welcome back Michael. How was your trip?"

"There is some good and bad news but it can wait. How about you two?"
Michael asked them.

"It was going okay, but there's been a slight hiccup. Before you ask, Angel and Peresphone went to take of a vampire hunter issue. I stayed behind because of the risk of them finding out about this place."

Michael studied his son a bit more closely, seeming to come up with something. "I seem to have wonderful timing. Tell you what, once I get your sisters settled in and talk to them, we can go train somewhere and catch up later today." It was really an offer to also keep his mind off as well.

"..All right." Aron said after some brief thought.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:40 am

Michael left it at that for now since they could talk to when they got there. However it didn't take too long for him to finish so he and Aron could hang out, but he had in the end decided training could pass for now and just another ear for his son.

They went to one of the rooms to talk. "So something you said has been mulling over on my end. You mentioned your friend Angel say her home was being attacked by Vampire Hunters correct? But, often times even normal hunters leave that place alone. So why would a random group attack it? It would make no sense."

"True, but people can be stupid if they're driven be ideology or hatred." Aron reasoned. "Though I agree it probably isn't some random group but maybe part of a larger one if they aren't just zealots with a death wish."

"Maybe." Michael said idly. "If they are, I wonder if the Hunter Alliance knows about them,. Its not like vampire hunter Orders aren't still an thing, many of them secretive. I had been thinking of contacting them more so for Vanessa and the other two protection so you could catch up with Peresphone and Angel but it wouldn't go over too well. Granted, it was a vampire hunter and not a normal one that gave her that scar. She wouldn't want any around, espeically with her daughters."

"It wouldn't go well with Angel either.." Aron mumbled, remembering her reaction to Hunters before, so he could only imagine how'd she react if she saw them around the house when she came back.

Michael shook his head. "We'll think of something. If you can't knock out a tree one way, you go another. I still recommend you train a bit further. I know you don't like fighting and the first rule of self defense is to avoid it when you can, which you already do but for the times you can't avoid them, it helps. I can't always be there to protect your mother, so I had to teach her the basics at least."

"I know. I'll do at least a little bit before I go." His father was right he didn't like fighting but sometimes it couldn't be avoided.

"That's all I can ask." The older Ralphlim said, pausing. "Um, could you take your sisters out some time? Me and your mom wanted to spend some time alone."

"Sure." Aron was amused but he didn't need or want to hear more since he already had an idea without directly saying it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:43 pm

The rest of the day passed uneventfully, Aron took his sisters out to allow his parents to spend time with each other and generally try to forget about his worries for the moment.

Eventually they died down and he returned later on, getting both his little sisters to bed before heading to bed himself.

He didn't sleep all that well.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:46 pm

The following week, was complete silence from Castlevania and from Angel and Persephone. Until one day, there was a knock on the door.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Vanessa was up the earliest as per normal, after hearing the knock at the door she heard the knock and decided to go answer it. Hopefully it was those two because Aron was about to lose his mind and go down there himself.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:57 pm

As it turns out, it was neither of them. In fact, it was someone that only Aron would know. Ross. All trench coated out, with his hair slicked back and sunglasses, with driving gloves on, despite there being no car around.

He looks down at Vanessa "Is Aron here. Tell him Ross is here to see him." he says in an even tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:01 pm

Vanessa knew that name, Aron had mentioned that name before. She nodded, excusing herself and Aron came moments later. His mood dropped when he saw Ross, mainly because more then likely he came with bad news if it was just them. "Do you want to take this outside?" He asked, in case he didn't want anyone else to over hear.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 pm

Ross nods to Aron and motions for him to follow him outside. Once there, Ross turns to Aron "Okay, fist of all, the raid is over. The vampire hunters have been, delt with." he says in a low tone.

He reaches into his coats inner pocket and pulls something that was wrapped in a handkerchief and hands it to Aron "There were heavy casualties on both sides..."[color] he says.

In the handkerchief, were Persephone's glasses, the lenses were cracked "She fell protecting Angel from the vampire hunter's leader, who had the upper hand against the young woman, being half vampire and all}" he explains "After she fell, right before Angel's eyes, the young ruler went ito a frenzy and had the full force of Castlevania's hords attack, en masse." he says.

"Lost, it seems, was with Persephone when she left this world and she had a last message for you. She said that she was now free. Lost said you would know what that meant and he told e to tell you that death doesn't mean gone." he finishes.

He pats Aron on the shoulder [color:ae5e=lightgreen"Sorry for your loss, kid."
he says, before turning and starting off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Aron didn't react at what Ross said, as he had gotten eerily silent as if not hearing what was told to him. Even after the young Necro Warrior left to parts unknown, he just stood there holding the glasses.

Vanessa walked into her son having a break down, she didn't need to be an empath to put two and two together. She rushed over and hugged him tightly.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Aron had holed up in his room and hadn't come out after his first breakdown, Vanessa was incredibly worried. She didn't know the young woman that well but she was saddened by the news, besides for her son she had rather liked the other woman.

As Vanessa did her thing, her two daughters Lina and Rina came out, dressed for the day. Lina was her usual more happy self, while Rina was more shy and trailed behind.

"Has miss Peresphone and Angel come back? And why is Aron sad?"
Lina asked, she hadn't been there but she picked it up well enough.

Vanessa sighed crouching down. "They..won't be coming back." She said gently to the twins, thinking of the best way to break it to them as they would be upset no matter how she put it. "I'm sorry but Peresphone is no longer with us.."

Aron wasn't sure how long he sat alone with his thoughts, more then a twinge of bitterness mixed with his grief. Only thing he knew he hated vampire hunters then he did in the past. They had attacked his mother sure, but at least they hadn't taken her or anyone else away from him at that time.

The normal Hunters probably knew about whatever this vampire organization is or was, if they were big and strong enough to cause serious damage to Castlevania but likely turned the other way. After all, it wasn’t like Hunters and Castlevania beings had the best history together.

If it were up to him, he’d replace both groups with something else that was new without the baggage and label of the past, but he had no power over that. Something more modern and equipped for a much more complicated and grey world. Aron knew not all Hunters were bad people, but just the name had too much baggage and negative feelings associated with it due experience.

He just wasn’t sure how things went so wrong and so quickly. The woman he loved and wanted to settle down with was dead.

Reflecting on what Ross said what Peresphone’s last words were, he could only assume she had meant she was free to make her own choices, whether that be through death or something else. He wasn’t entirely sure. Lost words had him not sure until something else occurred to him.

They likely meant the Dragonballs, with those he could not only revive Peresphone but the people who had died during the attack. The only problem was, he had to find them and he had no clue where to even start. And even if he did, he Then had to find the LookOut, and even with that, had to past some sort of test according to Lost.
He had to try of course or die trying but he could admit his prospects weren’t looking too hot.

Aron took a deep breath, forcing himself to move and get packing for his journey he’d likely be doing on his own.  Emotional pain like this was hard for anyone, but especially his kind. They took losing those close to them more then normal at times. There were cases one got sick due to stress, but a Ralphlim’s life could slowly wither away from a broken heart if they kept in that negative space for a long period of time.

He kept the glasses in a case, but he hadn’t had the heart to go into the camper of what was once he and Peresphone’s room; it was too much for him right now.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:28 am

"Oh my God!" Ross says "Cry me a damn river already. Is this the first person you've ever lost?" he asks "Well, if you go down the path you're currently heading, it certainly won't be the last." he states "The path of a warrior is a dangerous one full of pain and death. If not for you, than for your loved ones." he points out "Is that Really the path you want to follow?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 am

Aron wondered what the heck Ross was doing in his room and how he came a mind reader, but either way he was wrong with what he was thinking. It was pretty insentive in his opinion since it hadn't been more then even a day since Peresphone past, he was expected at least some time alone to grieve. He could see if it had been stuck in the same spot for years, but it wasn't that.

Peresphone wasn't the first person he lost to violence and other means, but Ross didn't need to know that as it wasn't his business. "I'm not becoming a warrior but I am leaving later today. What are you doing here in my room?" Was he watching them this whole time?

It didn't matter either way, he made up his mind to visit Angel and Castlevania and then go from there afterwards. He had been wanting to avoid going there for now after the news(even though it hadn't been a day yet), but that wasn't any kind of solution so he changed gears. He also needed to visit Peresphone's grave.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Ross frowns "To start, I can teleport. Also, I am here because Lost Asked me to come here. He asked me to take you to where it was you ultimately sought to go, so be grateful for that." he grumbles "So if you're going, let's get going already" he says as he opens the window "I'm only gonna wait so long." he says, then jumps out the window.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Aron came outside five minutes or so later to where Ross was. a bag with some things he had packed. He sighed. "I'm ready to go to Casltevania. when you are."

He wasn't the only one that would be grieving Persphone, Lost was probably or at least had been trying to comfort Angel if he was at the castle at all now still.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:52 am

Ross shakes his head "We're not going to Castlevania. We're heading to Kami's Lookout." he says "And before you start whining about your girlfriend and Angel, know that she flew into a rage when the demon maid fell." he explains "One from which she has yet to come down from. In this state, it's likely she'll attack you." he points out "Lost is with her now, keeping her in check."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 am

While he did wonder why Ross was being a bit abrasive at the moment, he was helping so he didn't say anything about it. He slowly nodded. "That's fine, point still stands of being ready when you are."

He had a pretty good idea where this was going once the LookOut had come up.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:18 am

Ross nods "Good. There are some supplies we might need before we get to the Lookout It's goin to be a very Long climb. Like to over thirty-thousand feet, straight up." he points out "You'll get a rest stop at Korin tower, less than half way up. I suggest you bring some fresh fish." he states "Say good-bye to your family, as you might not see them for a bit."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum