Tale Hearts

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tale Hearts - Page 2 Empty Re: Tale Hearts

Post by Namey Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Teala returned the hug "Well hello, Kate. How have you been doing while I was gone? Keeping up on your studies?" she asks, teasing the young woman.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 pm

"I've been okay, things have just been slow but in the good way. And..sort of with my studies." Kate mumbled, she was smart it wasn't really hard for her. Kate just had a hard time studying on things by reading unless it was something that interested her.

"At least now we can get her to stay in place for them."
The familiar deep voice came from Joseph as Kate flushed a bit but otherwise said nothing. "Welcome back home."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Teala turns to Joseph "Thank you. It certainly is good to be back." she says as she gives Joseph a hug and a quick kiss "So, what all has happened while I've been gone?" she asks, still smiling.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Joseph had no complaints about that, he was really happy to have Teala back after her extended trip. "Nothing too much on my end, though Kate has something to tell you. If she hasn't already." It was true he had agreed with it, but since Kate was their child both Teala's own feelings had to be taken into account to.

Kate knew this would happen eventually, it was only fair about telling them after all. "Um, we'll, I just wanted to let you know I wanted to go into the stars to explore a bit. Dad agreed after a bit, but he still wanted me to talk to you about it first."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:06 pm

Teala blinks "I don't really have a problem with you leaving to explore. I was younger than you are now when I started flying amongst the stars. Do you believe yourself strong enough to be able to handle any threats you may encounter?" she asks.

"To answer that question, I have come to test her." Lee says, dressed in full battle armor "If you're ready, we shall head to the proving grounds and begin the battle." he says, that serious look on his face.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Kate was nervous about that but she'd do her best, she didn't believe in giving up on something without even trying first. "Yeah, I'm ready when you are."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Lee nods "Follow me." he says as his aura flairs up and he shoots off towards the proving grounds. The place where every young Saiyan goes to prove they're an adult!

The flight to the proving grounds didn't take too long and Lee was standing there eyeing Kate "This is the proving of Kate Reaver!" he declares.

"Kate Reaver, I shall test you in single kombat to see if you are ready to venture out on your own or if you must remain on Vegeta until you are ready." he says "This is a no time battle. Use any means you wish against me. I will stop the battle when I see what I'm looking for." he explains.

Lee then slides into his fighting stance "Now, come at me with the intent to finish me! Otherwise, you won't stand a chance!" he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Kate didn't say anything but she understood, and she'd do her absolute best. Lee was stronger and more skilled then she was so she'd have fight smarter and not harder to get anywhere.

The standard white/silver aura began to form around Kate as she powered up, the ground rumbled a bit before it died down. Kate, at the moment was as strong as Frieza in his first form, maybe a bit weaker roughly. At the tail end of it, she put a bit more on purpose on the release to let the dirt kick up.

Against someone like Lee, he'd easily get around it but that wasn't the point. The point would be use whatever distraction to her advantage in a fight, even if it was at most a second. She started off with a Twilight Flash fired at their center body mass; if it was blocked or dodged didn't matter that wasn't the point.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Lee did neither of those things. Instead, he did what any Saiyan warrior would do in a situation like that. Meet the attack with one of his own!

Lee pulls his arms back, and thrusts them forward, releasing a massive blast to counter Kate's attack.

As the two attacks hit, the force of the blasts pushes the dust cloud off the battlefield as the energy fights to over power each other!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:44 pm

Kate knew a beam struggle would be one she'd only win if Lee let her even if it was just a test. The beams were locked into a stand still, but Kate was slowly losing ground as the fight continued.

After a bit longer, the beam seemed to overtake Kate. Not even seconds after, however, Kate appeared behind Lee via Intstant Transmission to kick them into the beam before it was canceled out.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Being the more experienced of the two fighters, Lee knew what to look for when it came to situational awareness on the battlefield. Which meant Kate's kick just passed completely through Lee, who faded quickly away. The After Image Technique!

Lee was high above the battlefield "INFERNO BALL!!" he yells as energy quickly gathers in his hands and he fires a massive, burning ball of energy down at Kate!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:48 am

Kate frowned a bit at this but didn't let this discourage her in the least. Shifting her stance a bit she cupped her hands and pulled them back as blue energy began to form.

"Kame.."

The energy began to pulse as it grew larger, forming a solid ball of energy in her hands.

"Hame.."

By this time, the ground shook a bit as the energy grew double in size.

"Haaa!"

With the attack completed, it was launched in a straight blue beam from her hands right at and hopefully through the Inferno Ball.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Kate's attack didn't destroy the Inferno Ball, but it did stop it's advance dead and was starting to push it back with relative ease! Lee suddenly appeared in front of Kate, but he was a good distance away. He cups his hands forward "INCINERATION PULSE!" he yells as a massive red/orange beam shoots at Kate!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:20 pm

"Whoa...!" Kate barely had time to react with a Intant Transmission towards Lee's location. But she tried not give him time to recover from his attack and went on the offensive with melee. He was more skilled then her, but to be fair she was outclassed in every way and the goal wasn't really to win but hold her own in some way.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:21 pm

The purpose of his attack, wasn't to strike, but to force her into moving. Controlling the battle field can be an important tool if used correctly.

The problem with Instant Transmission, was that it Wasn't instantaneous and one needed a certain level of concentration to use it and that made it very hard to use in the middle of a fight, but it was possible. There were other problems with using Instant Transmission in a fight, especially against an opponent who knows how it works.

Once again, it seemed like Lee knew where Kate would appear and while he Could have counterattacked, he didn't and got hit with Kate's barrage of attacks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:30 pm

Kate continued her attack, deciding to continue to test the waters so to speak. She got Some short distance from them while they(seemed) off balance forming two balls of Ki energy in her hands and combining them into a normal beam aimed at their center mass.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:34 pm

The time, however small, it took for Kate to fire her beam, was all the time Lee needed as the air around him warped and Kate's beam disappeared inside, only to be fired directly back at her from above! It seems Lee decided to use his own method of instant travel, the Dimension Shift.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Kate was unable to move out the way this time and was forced to block and take the brunt of the blow. It could have been a lot worse but it could have been a lot better as well.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:29 pm

Lee walks over and offers her a helping hand up "You fight well, but you could use some more training. While your strikes are true, you rely on that Instant Transmission too much." he says.

"It changes the air pressure where you appear and anyone sensitive to that or knows how to use their Ki to detect such events will be able to tell exactly where you'll arrive and when." he explains.

He looks Kate over "You still have much to learn...but not here. Out there, you'll learn a great many things. Some of them will be the hard way. Do I think you're ready to leave? No. But neither was any of us when we first went among the stars." he says, placing a hand on Kate's shoulder.

"It'll be a struggle. There are many powerful foes out there. However, you have a good head on your shoulders and should be fine if you use it." he says with a nods "Come now. You need to get ready. I should have a ship by days end." he informs her.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:49 pm

"Thank you." Kate dusted herself off, she wasn't in a hurry to really leave since she might not see her family for a bit so may as well not rush things. Besides, Lee just informed her it wouldn't be ready until the end of the day, or perhaps at the latest tomorrow.

"Not too bad Kate." It was Joseph, he had been watching to no surprise. It was kinda big event for her overall so of course he'd be there. "When you get more used to things, I'm sure you'll have create some techniques that fit your fighting style more then the things I've taught you."

Kate nodded. "We'll see. I'm not in a rush, those things take time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Lee takes a step back "One last thing I must do. The Proving of Kate Reaver is concluded. I have deemed her worthy to leave and seek her own fate among the stars." he declares, then places a hand on Kate's shoulder again "May you find your fate, before it finds you." he says, then nods to Joseph, before lifting into the air and taking off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:11 pm

Kate felt a bit happy and sad at the same time, and she really wasn't too sure why. She put it into the back of her mind, she wanted to find mom so she could tell her the good news. After that, she'd spend some time with Key and let her parents catch up or do what whatever. They were busy people after all.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:24 pm

Key was walking out of her room. She was in her armor with a small knapsack tossed over her shoulder. She sees Kate "Hello, Kate. How are you doing today?" she asks, sounding as dead voiced as always.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Kate smiled at her. "I'm fine. I just got through the with the test whether or not I'll be going out into space with Lee and I passed. Are you heading somewhere?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Key nods "Yes. You're going somewhere with Lee? I thought the space pods could only fit one person." she says "Well then, I suppose I will see you both out there somewhere." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum